[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greatest superhero movie of all time. Prove me wrong. PROTIP:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: Spider-Man 2.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1645) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man 2.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1645
Greatest superhero movie of all time.

Prove me wrong.

PROTIP: It's literally impossible.
>>
>>78454619
Asm 2 was better.
>>
>>78454619
>spider-man 2 is good

can't wait for this meme to die, or for you people to re watch it and see how awful it is

the raindrops song scene is one of the cringiest moments in recent film history
>>
AND THEY SAY THAT A HERO CAN SAVE US
>>
>>78454693
I can wait for the spiderman 2 is bad meme to die.
>>
>>78454718
Wrong one.

This one is all about feeling VINDICATED
>>
>>78454619
I prefer the one with the perfect Norman Osborn over "My biological superpowers don't work when I'm sad...except for all those other times I've been sad"
>>
File: Spider-Man 2002.jpg (490 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man 2002.jpg
490 KB, 1024x768
>>78454619
First one was better.

Simple and straight to the point. No contrived power-loss arc, and needless relationship drama with MJ.

Also, Green Goblin was a scarier and more threatening villain. Otto was a well-respected scientist who got in over his head and paid the price for it.

SM2 isn't bad by any means, but it downplays the same elements that made the original a decent movie. People prefer 2 because of the added emotional impact of:
>The Tragic Villain
>The Tension with Harry
>The collapse of Peter's life

etc. which are fine, but are handicapped by the aforementioned points (MJ, power-loss, etc.)

The original also had terrible, campy moments, but they weren't relevant to the overall tone of the movie, and neither were they part of the overarching plot.
>>
>>78454693
With such shit taste, you must be a Man of Steel fan.

I'm guessing you're a Shit of Steel fan.
>>
>>78454718
I had no idea at the time Nickelback did that song.
>>
>>78454619
I really don't get why people rate Spider Man 2 so highly.

I mean, it's a good movie and all but it's just never AMAZED me in the same way that it has other people.

I guess what I'm asking is: what makes it so special?
>>
>>78454693
>meme

I kinda hope you get syphillis.
>>
>>78454619
>people actually like this cringey cornball shit
i mean the first two are solid as far as narratives go but godDAMN theyre really stupid
>>
>>78455181
nice meme

>>78455147
man of steel is better than all of the raimi movies, that isn't saying much. the raimi films are the absolute worst....well, they're above batman and robin and batman forever, but just beneath thor and thor 2

they are shit
>>
File: xmen days.jpg (79 KB, 586x828) Image search: [Google]
xmen days.jpg
79 KB, 586x828
They used to be the best, but now Days of Future Past is the crowning achievement of cape-based movies.
>>
WOAH
HE STOLE THAT GUY'S SHITPOST
>>
>>78455159
>I guess what I'm asking is: what makes it so special?
it isn't spider-man 3 so nostalgia faggots feel like they can rant about it without being embarrassed for their awful taste in film
>>
>>78454619
HE STOLE THAT GUYS PIZZA
>>
>>78455214

>Jennifer Lawrence Is The Most Important Person In The Universe: The Movie

Step up nigga
>>
>>78455159
Personally, despite loving to see how superheroes translate to the big screen, I think the reason I love Spider-Man 2 so much is that it's engaging without relying on "LOOK, IT'S THAT SPIDER-MAN THING. WE BUILT UP TO THE SPIDER-MAN THING". It's about a man having an identity crisis and another man coping with the failure of his life's work, just wrapped up in a stellar superhero skin. It's got strong characters, with good progression, and its actors/dialogue are campy but believable at the same time.

Standard Scale: 8/10
Superhero Scale: 10/10
>>
>>78455147
> "People who DON'T like sappy childish pathetic whiny forced immature romance and humor between a ackward lame lead and a only marginally attractive female have bad taste"
>>
>>78454619
It and the first one were great, but didn't age very well. the effects look dated as fuck if you rewatch them now.
>>
>My powers go away because I'm sad
literally shit
>>
I'll give it a shot

>mary jane being a needy cunt about her play and that whole subplot(harry's seen my play six times!)

>peter inexplicably losing then gaining his powers which altered him on a genetic level by becoming depressed and then not depressed

>the climax of the movie is the villain basically just changing his mind

>in fact, ock isn't even the villain, he's just a puppet of the arms

>harry osborn being a whiny cunt(which is true to the character, but i really didn't need to see him anymore after the first movie)

>spider-man stopping a 120 ton moving train as if he's superman
>>
>>78454619
Well, you're right.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>I AM SO HIGH

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>78454619
You're correct. X-Men 2 and Wanted are the second and third best comic movies respectively.
>>
>>78455477
More believable than
>hurr durr I'm not near a yellow sun
>>
>>78455533
forget all that, MUH CHILDHOOD!
>>
>muh nostalgia

These movies are terrible. Sure, they're more watchable than any other superhero movie of that era, but the bar isn't exactly high.
>>
>>78455778
how so? superman's a solar battery. is spider-man a happiness battery? because if he is his powers should be constantly malfunctioning in the comics, he'd be useless
>>
>>78455920
>more watchable than x-men

nah sorry brah. in fact the only reason people can come up with for hating the better x-men movies is I HATE LEATHER, WANT SPANDEX
>>
>>78455920
i still like the first one. i mean spider-man vs macho man? come on
>>
>>78456034
>shit storm
>shit cyclops
>shit jean(excusable, since jean is indeed shit)
>shit iceman
>shit rogue

face it, prof. x, magneto and mystique are all you get from those movies
>>
>>78454845
Reminded me too much of erectile dysfunction

And Ock was too sympathetic
>>
>>78456139
all the x-men are shit other than wolverine so i see no issue there, and he's an asshole too just one who has a reason to be one/can be sympathized with

toby is just a crybaby bitch who is totally unlikeable

AUNT MAY...IS SHE AN ANGEL
>>
>>78454619
Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, and GotG were better
>>
File: 1443468702368.png (16 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1443468702368.png
16 KB, 300x309
>>78456513
This is why i dont browse this board anymore
>>
>>78456513
>>78456831
They were better, with the exception of GOTG which was about just as bad and by the was wasn't a super hero movie
>>
>>78457052
kill yourself you retarded kid. watch more movies you stupid nigger
>>
Bad portrayal of Peter. This movie is about some broke ass autist dude that lives in New York and has spider powers, not Peter Parker.

Bad portrayal of spider-man. He's fat, slow, his strenght goes up and down as the plot needs it to, cheesy one-liners delivered as if he's a super hero loived by the people and the personification of good, he's basically superman, but with spider-man costume. That's not spidey.

The filming is just garbage, filled with scenes of characters breaking the 4th wall and looking to the viewer, awkward camera angles, and it looks like it was trying to play with cinema cliches, but actually fell for them and it ended up being cringe worthy only.

Bad acting all over it, and the stupid dialogue didn't help at all. Characters had the worst delivery for the worst possible lines. The romance was simply unexisting, the plot and character motivations made no sense.

This movie fucked up glorious JJJ, making him go out of character whenever his stupid son had an appearence for no reason.

I won't deny the movie's impact on the super hero genre, but god damn, nothing was good in this movie, honestly. It's Schumacker's Batman for Spider-man.
>>
>>78457123
I watch good movies, not comedies by Disney and shlocky camp bullshit that only a casual would consider a justice
>>
It's practically opera!
>>
>>78457283
>Bad portrayal of Peter. This movie is about some broke ass autist dude that lives in New York and has spider powers, not Peter Parker.
Sounds like Pete to me.
>Bad portrayal of spider-man. He's fat, slow, his strenght goes up and down as the plot needs it to, cheesy one-liners delivered as if he's a super hero loived by the people and the personification of good, he's basically superman, but with spider-man costume. That's not spidey.
He's not fat or slow, and everything else you've complained about is pretty in line with Spidey as a character, much more so than Superman.
>The filming is just garbage, filled with scenes of characters breaking the 4th wall and looking to the viewer, awkward camera angles, and it looks like it was trying to play with cinema cliches, but actually fell for them and it ended up being cringe worthy only.
When does anybody look at the camera?
>Bad acting all over it, and the stupid dialogue didn't help at all. Characters had the worst delivery for the worst possible lines. The romance was simply unexisting, the plot and character motivations made no sense.
Superhero movies should be campy, not whysoseriuos edgefests faggot.
>This movie fucked up glorious JJJ, making him go out of character whenever his stupid son had an appearence for no reason.
Lolnope
>I won't deny the movie's impact on the super hero genre, but god damn, nothing was good in this movie, honestly. It's Schumacker's Batman for Spider-man.
Yep, you're a retard.
>>
>>78454619
If they dropped the arc where he lost his powers by being dumped by his waifu.
Instead Dredd 3d is best.
>>
>>78458064
>Superhero movies should be campy
Super hero comics haven't even been campy since like the 1960s. Try reading one.

>Sounds like Pete to me.
This is what retards believe
>>
>>78455289
You do know she is playing a character who is central to the story and not herself right?
>>
>>78458162

>Super hero comics haven't even been campy since like the 1960s.

I want this meme to die.
>>
>>78455214
Hey Charles, stop taking the damn drug, mind control Trask, have him shout "Die mutant scum!" and then attempt shooting the president.

Trask either gets shot on the spot or sentenced to death, best case life in prison yelling "the mutants made me do it!".

Alternatively have him confess to what ever he was arrested for at the end and taking a shit on someones desk for good measure.

Baaam, Mystique doesn't get to do anything, Trask is eliminated, his program terminated, movie hours shorter.
>>
File: greengaga.jpg (22 KB, 295x250) Image search: [Google]
greengaga.jpg
22 KB, 295x250
>>78458199
They haven't, and since the 80s they've been pretty strictly for teens and adults since that's when video games and cartoons took over as childrens prime entertainment of choice

Camp has no place in the genre and is generally loved only by faggots who probably should stick to pic related
>>
File: ants.jpg (87 KB, 410x440) Image search: [Google]
ants.jpg
87 KB, 410x440
>>78454619

But anon, that's not Ant-Man or Captain America: The Winter Soldier!

Or Watchmen.
>>
>>78458064

>Sounds like Pete to me.
That's because your first contact with Spider-man was the first movie.

>He's not fat or slow, and everything else you've complained about is pretty in line with Spidey as a character, much more so than Superman.
No, he's pretty fat and slow, he's a muscle brawler, not a dodgy agile web user as he should be. And the whole "super hero" potrayal is superman's. He's loved by the people, saves cats from the tree, saves old ladies, saves the day and says "ma'am". Not to mention the waving american flags behind him.

>When does anybody look at the camera?
Doc does so when SUSPENSE kicks in when he's talking to his arms about his evil plan of killing Pete and then asking him to get spider-man.

>Superhero movies should be campy, not whysoseriuos edgefests faggot.
No, and no. Super hero movies are not a genre, the tone is set by the tone of the story. And spider-man 2 is a romance/action movie, it has no place for that comedic campiness it had.

>Lolnope
Yep. Stop denying it, JJ was a good character, and it was ruined by lame dialogue and context with his astronaut son.

>Yep, you're a retard.
Boo fucking hoo, nice argument.
>>
>>78454619
Well, it is the least flawed of them all, now that I think about it...
>>
I can't prove you wrong, but merely suggest films that are in the same league.
>Mask of the Phantasm
>Superman and Superman II (Donner Cut) - Raimi's (and Nolan's) vision owes a lot to these
>>
>>78455686
He is at the top of a random building in the middle of the NYC...
This would also mean that the only things that we could hear are the sounds of the streets below, and helicopter blades.
>>
I still enjoy them but the Spider-Man films haven't aged well at all. Go back and watch them, the dialogue is pretty stilted and they're quite cliched.

There's still some great moments though. Doc Ock's origin scene is terrifying to me.
>>
>>78455369
For movies from the early 2000's, they hold up pretty nicely.
>>
>>78463666
....Spider-Man 2 ages like fine wine and Stiflers Mom.
>>
>>78456144
>Reminded me too much of erectile dysfunction

That was the point.
>>
>>78458561
I didn't care much for "Ant-Man".
>>
>>78465290
Hurr it's funny hurr
>>
>>78465923
Calm down, Tobias.
>>
>>78454619
>Peter is a mewling sycophantic
>doesn't even become likable when he puts the mask on, just loses all personality
>MJ has no personality
>Dock Ock has no concrete ambition
>'th-th-the tentacles made me do it'
>terrible choreography
>script was completely by the numbers..only good scene in the whole movie was the train scene
>>
>>78454619
>Spiderman 2 is better than either Judge Dredd
>Spiderman 2 is better than half of the batman movies
>Spiderman 2 is better than the MCU

Hahahahahahaha

>Spiderman 2 is better than Spiderman 3 and the Hulk

Okay, I'll give you that.
>>
>>78454619
Darkman was better
The Shadow was better
Ogon Bat was better
Flash Gordon was better
Mr India was better
The Crow was better
Sky Captain And The World of Tomorrow was better
The Incredibles was better
>>
>>78466167
The Crow counts? Fuck yes, if the Crow counts, this debate is over.
>>
>>78465285
Fine wine and who? Update your references grandpa
>>
I've thought every Spider-Man movie has been rather shitty. Just some more than others. I haven't seen SM2 since it was in theaters. I remember being very bored with it.
>>
>>78455211
do you even know what a meme is?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.