[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a classic CN show or a neo CN show? It's 11 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Is this a classic CN show or a neo CN show?

It's 11 years old at this point.
>>
>>78454389
Neo.
>>
>>78454389
i'd say neither and let it drift into obscurity.
it shouldn't be remembered and it had no fans
the only fans it had were of PAY and that was like 0% of the show's focus.

just let this thread die anon, no one really cares.
i only cared to type this to tell you your wrong on both accounts.
>>
>>78454389
>Puffy Ami Yumi
>Classic
>Even remotely possible for it to be considered classic
I'm getting old, huh?
>>
Do you consider Moby Dick to be classic literature or a postmodern literature?

There are more than two eras, you dingbat.
>>
>>78454389
Transitional, maybe zombie.
>>
File: super despair.gif (567 KB, 500x204) Image search: [Google]
super despair.gif
567 KB, 500x204
>Suggesting that HiHi Puffy AmiYumi would be considered a classic because of age

>One day enough time will pass that Out of Jimmy's Head will be considered "classic"
>>
>>78454448
>had no fans
I thought it was cute. Mediocre, but cute.
>>
>>78454389
I miss the early-mid 2000's CN, even though this particular show was a turd.
>>
File: 1443974358941.jpg (68 KB, 561x542) Image search: [Google]
1443974358941.jpg
68 KB, 561x542
>>78454661
>Neo
>Zombie
>Transitional

I'm starting to dislike this almost as much as the meme from /tv/ about arranging synonyms for "film" into a rating system
>>
>>78454448
I was a fan.
>>
Dexter's Lab was the first Cartoon Cartoon and Billy and Mandy was the last (the term was dropped after that). Usually, CN is divided up like:
Pre-1996: Early Cartoon Network
1996-2003: Classic Cartoon Network
2003-2010: The dark period
2010-current: Modern CN

That's not to say that there weren't any good shows during the 2000s, of course. They were just buried under a lot of shit.
>>
>>78459573
this.

That said, Puffy Ami Yumi is notable for giving me some very weird boners as a kid.
>>
File: defeated george.jpg (42 KB, 784x820) Image search: [Google]
defeated george.jpg
42 KB, 784x820
>It's 11 years old at this point

Fuck me up
>>
We're they lesbians?
>>
>>78459974
Only in the "Japanese girls who grope each other for shits and giggles" sense. We had one of those as an exchange student once.
>>
>>78459914
Kek.
>>
>>78460069
Lesbianism is considered a cute phase all girls grow out of in Japan. Most girls are liek the exchange student you mentioned, but are expected to grow up after high school, get a job, and then ditch that job once they get married so that they can raise a family.
Gays don't have it very good in Japan. Not as bad as the Middle East, mind you, but they aren't really acceptable at all.
>>
>>78454448
I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the j-rock mostly
>>
>>78462018
It's the most generic entry level jpop garbage out there.

Now THIS. This is true art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8-vje-bq9c
>>
>>78454389
i want to fuck the blue one
>>
>>78459573
Teen Titans came out in the dark period and that show was amazing.

Also, I liked Puffy AmiYumi as a kid so this show was pretty decent.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.