[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Penguin have clown henchmen and not the Joker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: batman-returns-circus-gang.jpg (53 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
batman-returns-circus-gang.jpg
53 KB, 800x531
Why did the Penguin have clown henchmen and not the Joker?
>>
File: le pun spic.jpg (20 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
le pun spic.jpg
20 KB, 500x333
>>78450141
The Penguin was clowned their leader first
>>
>>78450141
If I remember right, he was raised in circus because he was a freak (also this was the main theme of sequel). Joker was just another mobster, who just slipped into toxic goo, so he used his old friends later. Made sense in Burtonverse
>>
Because Tim Burton never read comics.
>>
>>78450249
Because Burton thinks comics are for gay retarded babies and he's too good for that shit.
>>
>>78450141

Because there are clowns in the circus.
>>
>>78450141

Because Jack's Joker was a mobster turned into a walking piece of nihilistic art, not a clown.
>>
File: bat of murder.webm (2 MB, 1024x572) Image search: [Google]
bat of murder.webm
2 MB, 1024x572
>>78450225
yeah, they sort of gloss over that.

Bruce looks at newspaper articles and reads about a birdboy at a circus, but he never really proves that the birdboy is Penguin, and the opening part of the movie makes you think Oswald was raised by penguins and never left the abandoned Gotham Zoo.
>>
>>78450391
keaton has such a shitty face. Seriously. he looks goofy as fuck.
>>
File: file.png (151 KB, 405x481) Image search: [Google]
file.png
151 KB, 405x481
>>78450875
>>
>>78450391
>Bruce looks at newspaper articles and reads about a birdboy at a circus, but he never really proves that the birdboy is Penguin
If I recall correctly, it was that the Red Triangle circus had some criminal tendencies already, but once they took on a strange new bird boy act, children started disappearing in each of the towns they visited. Basically, Oswald was killing them out of spite in each town before returning to Gotham to stake his claim.
>>
>>78450875
Finally.
His face is so fucking goofy, why faggots keep saying he's the best Batman.
>>
>>78450141
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a plan to bring Joker back that fell through and they slid in Penguin without changing the henchmen.
>>
>>78450998
This has been my YouTube avatar for years.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.