[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: TIEnary Sunset.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TIEnary Sunset.jpg
301 KB, 1920x1080
Apocalypse Now 2.0 Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: Grievous_Owns_Talzin.png (964 KB, 810x642) Image search: [Google]
Grievous_Owns_Talzin.png
964 KB, 810x642
First for based Grievous
>>
This is happening more and more lately.
>>
File: cross4.jpg (89 KB, 801x838) Image search: [Google]
cross4.jpg
89 KB, 801x838
third for best ship
>>
File: su.jpg (264 KB, 657x952) Image search: [Google]
su.jpg
264 KB, 657x952
>>
>>78449541
What is?

>>78449578
That's not Poe/Finn bromance
>>
What was the funniest bit of Clone wars for you?
For me it was "Roger Roger"
>>
This might be a controversial discussion, but I am interested in you guys' opinions, and most of the TFA shitposting seems to have died over Xmas.

Give me you top five WORST Blu Ray Changes, and your top five BEST Blu Ray Changes.

Worst:

>1) The CGI Alien in ANH.
I liked the idea of making Mos Eisley feel more vibrant, but the alien in front of the camera was a bit much, even if it was just covering a crowd of extras
>2) The Greedo scene.
Mostly because it was edited awkwardly, but the original scene honestly was edited shit too.
>3) Boba Fett cameo in ANH. Fuck Boba.
>4) The singing cockroach, again, was a bit much.
The song was no worse than the original though. I dunno'. I think both versions of that scene are awkward but whatever.
>5) "No... Nooo!".
Now I actually like Vader saying "No.". It was a very Anakin thing to do, and that's the point. Also maximum pottery with the Sheev/Windu scene. But it was overdone, he should have just said it once. I'd rather they added a scream of pain than the second "No!"

Best:
>1) Boba's voice
>2) The Clone's got additional dialogue in RotS, likely due to the fact that the personalized Clones in TCW were really well received.
>3) Hayden's Ghost, Filoni sums up why perfectly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKWDZaxUoMg
>4) Victory Celebration is GOAT.
Yub Nub is shit.
>5) Planets feel more vibrant, especially Bespin, and the added Naboo/Coruscant shots.

Most of the other changes, I honestly don't mind or care about. I've never been taken out of the movies, no matter which version I am watching. The only time I've ever come close to saying "what!?" was seeing the Dug in Jabba's Palace, but I honestly don't even mind it, I just didn't expect it.
>>
>>78449503
I'm glad TFA posting is dead.
So what do you think they'll do to Maul? Possible appearance in Rebels?
>>
>>78449806
I'd honestly prefer to see Embo, Trench and Cad in Rebels before Maul.
>>
>>78449799
Few of the changes were particularly good. I agree on "Victory Celebration" being an improvement, but most of the changes were either deleterious to varying degrees or negligible.
>>
>>78449870
I would, too. Trench should appear with some droids and I would like to see a CIS ship for one last time.
>>
>>78449806
>So what do you think they'll do to Maul?
Hopefully we'll get a novel or something to really showcase what he's been up to.
>>
>>78449946
I'd like to see an arc involving some CIS officer who was in either for the ideals (like that Devaronian from the Kanan comic) or military glory (like Trench) rather than pure opportunism aiding the rebellion, more or less begrudgingly. Trench would be my prime choice simply because I love his design (it's hard to make semi-realistic bugs so expressive) and because it would be funny to make his miraculous survival even more of a running joke.

Embo was actually confirmed to show up by Filoni I think, no clue about Cad.
>>
>>78449806
Unless Ghost crew has a reason to go to the criminal underworld on some planet, Maul has no reason to show up. I'd rather him be dead right now anyway and I would even accept a passing mention of the Inquisitors killing him.
>>
>>78449806
It's amusing to me that somehow this nearly-nothing of a character is still alive. They really ought to just fucking kill him off (again) already instead of dragging out his dull story.
>>
>>78449734
The B-1 droids were always the funniest. Loved everything they did.
>>
>>78450024
What's his role nowadays, anyway? Space Mobster Grievous?

Now that I think of it, it wouldn't hurt to just merge him and the general into a single character in case of a reboot. They fill a similar niche and Grievous has a better design (and probably marginally bigger fan following)
>>
My biggest issue with Maul is that he survived TPM. If he had actually died and been reanimated as a Nightsister-zombie, I feel that would have been a bit better to explain why he is still around, and give a different spin on the Nightsister plot.
>>
File: MeeburGasconTheZilkin-SWE.png (107 KB, 339x530) Image search: [Google]
MeeburGasconTheZilkin-SWE.png
107 KB, 339x530
>>78449734
This guy.
>>
File: 1417869591163.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1417869591163.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>78450184
Triggered
>>
>>78450113
>What's his role nowadays, anyway?
After Sheev completely destroyed everything he accumulated, save for a few loyal Death Watch members, he has nothing left.
>>
>>78450242
>he has nothing left.
Except his pride
>>
>>78449799

Best:

>1) Victory Celebration.
>2) "No. NO!"
It's a very "Anakin" thing to do and it sounds good. Just like a father saving his son.
>3) Clones getting additional dialogue in RotS
>4) All the various touch ups/continuity fixes in the OT
Stuff like replacing some of the mattes, adding in actual X-Wings taking off in ANH, dubbing Boba with Temura's voice, and Hayden's Ghost
>5) CGI Yoda in TPM
That puppet was absolute shit.

Worst:

>1) Obi-Wan's Krayt Dragon call
DESU none of these have really been great, but the BluRay one is the worst
>2) Jabba's Palace door on the exterior being enlarged
This serves no purpose and doesn't match any of the interior shots.
>3) The quality of the CGI in Mos Eisley
I don't have any objections to the additions themselves to Mos Eisley, but the CGI could use some touch-ups. I still prefer it to the theatrical version
>4) Jabba Scene in ANH
It doesn't really need to exist. It was already merged into Greedo's scene and the CGI, even when given the TPM Jabba model instead, still just doesn't blend in.
>5) Censoring of blaster wounds/CGI rock in front of R2
>>
>>78450277
He lost that when he begged for mercy

That's Kylo tier
>>
I recently started clone wars and I really only have one question.aid the headdress thing asoka wears supposed to represent the padawan ratail
>>
>>78450358
That isn't a headdress, that's her head. If you wanna get real technical, they're called lekku.
>>
>>78450358
Yeah, the beads are the padawan thing
>>
>>78449799

Worst
1. Obi Wan's new Krayt call
2. Anakin at end of RotJ - both force ghost change and "nooooo"
3. Boba = Temura Morrison
I get the prequel pottery, but Boba's original voice is mysterious and menacing and one of my favorite parts of original ESB.
4. Giant dinosaurs in Mos Eisley
5. The changing of the mattes in ESB on cloud city.
Call me sentimental, but the matte painting work done in ESB and RotJ are fucking masterpieces and some of the best done of all time. Removing that work and replacing it with xbox360 tier cg is a fucking travesty. I cannot fucking understand the people who say shit like "hurrr the mattes are so dated..." Theyre a fucking work of art, get the fuck outta here
Honorable mention: dialogue changes like the change of 3PO's insult on the way into the escape pod on ANH or when han shoots the sarlaac tentacle. Just, why??

Best changes
1. The dogfighting at the end of ANH
2. The wampa effects clean up
3. Clean up around the edges of mattes, inserts, and greenscreening throughout the trilogy
4. The new Oola scenes
Its minor, but they did an excellent job of being seemless and I appreciate that. Does something to humanize her and not just "throwaway" her death
5. Cant even think of a 5., fuck special editions
>>
>>78450358
The beads are, the headdress is just a Togruta cultural piece.
>>
>>78450395
The chain thing
>>
>just started the droid arc in CW S5
I dont think im ready lads

>>78449806
If Mythos Obi-Wan isnt the one to kill him I dont care
>>
>>78450419

this is objectively the correct response
>>
File: Finn.jpg (26 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
Finn.jpg
26 KB, 600x352
OOGA BOOGA, WHERE THE TWI'LEK WOMEN AT?
>>
>>78450462
No it isn't because opinions are subjective.
>>
If Episode VII was KOTOR, does that mean Episode VIII will be KOTOR II?
>>
>>78450419
But none of the matte painting shots from Cloud City have been removed, they're all still in the movie.
>>
>>78450663
I don't think any of the mattes for ROTJ were removed either
>>
>>78450648
I really wish Episode 7 was Kotor
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 900x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 900x550
>>78450559
>>
>>78450559
Don't take the bait you idiot
>>
>>78450703
KOTOR is the single greatest thing to come out of the franchise and it makes me so fucking mad that they were willing to kick it out of canon. They better recanonize it soon.
>>
>>78450459
>Obi Wan killing Maul
Sounds good. Literally the only thing I'm looking for in anthology series.
>>
File: starwarsV_4859.jpg (129 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
starwarsV_4859.jpg
129 KB, 1920x816
>>78450663
Yeah, Cloud City was only added to, like giving it windows and making one or two hallway shots opened up to show more of Cloud City's beauty
>>
File: anakin skywalker.png (216 KB, 327x426) Image search: [Google]
anakin skywalker.png
216 KB, 327x426
CHALLENGE: You must insert Hayden Christensen as Force Spirit Anakin in Episode VIII, and it must be in an organic, non-fanservicey way. How do you do it?
>>
>>78450743
>that they were willing to kick it out of canon.

They didn't single it out you moron. They made ALL of the EU noncanon so that they wouldn't be playing favorites.

>They better recanonize it soon.
They've already said they wont recanonize entire books/comics/games from Legends, so that isn't happening.
>>
>>78450508
I'm not going to /tv/, but did they change their minds on Finn once they saw the actual movie? I remember all the sub-/pol/ shit that occurred when they first saw that shot in the trailer.
>>
>>78450792
I don't, Hayden Christensen should be banned from ever appearing in Star Wars, just like every other actor who appeared in the shitty fucking prequels
>>
>>78450792
he manifests to try to guide kylo to the light, but kylo just jerks off to him.
>>
>>78450743
It's going to be recanonized. They've been making so many references to it lately, Rakata Prime and HK-47 have both been confirmed canon, and the TFA visual dictionary strongly implies Revan. It's going to happen any day now.
>>
>>78450811
He turned out okay and /tv/ acknowledges that.
>>
>>78449806
>not wanting him to be a mentor in Uprising
Pfft
>>
>>78450811
>did they change their minds on Finn once they saw the actual movie
Nope
>>
>>78450792
Have him appear to try and convince Kylo that the Dark Side isn't right, and have Kylo also be hallucinating a Vader/Evil Anakin ghost, that way the audience is kept guessing. This was suggested a thread or two ago.

Maybe also have him appear to help Luke train Rey, alongside an Obi-Wan Ghost(maybe introduce that Force spirits can change their appearance to different times in their life or something so that Ewan can play him no problem) and maybe even a Yoda ghost voiced by Oz.

>>78450848
HK-47 hasn't been canonized. Not sure where you're getting anything about Revan either.
>>
>>78450743
>KOTOR is the single greatest thing to come out of the franchise
Naw.
>>
>>78449806
Maul surviving past the Clone Wars era is extremely unlikely. Remember that we still have whole seasons worth of TCW scripts that LSG still considers canon even if they haven't been officially released via adaptation or story reel. It's unlikely that they were going to leave Maul's story hanging after the Son of Dathomir arc without any kind of resolution.
>>
>>78450743
>KOTOR is the single greatest thing to come out of the franchise

thats not republic commando
>>
>>78450925
You've never even played the KOTOR games, I can already tell. If you had you would understand.
>>
>>78450813
I think he should at least be given another chance without George's directing to influence his scenes, since that was half the problem anyway.

>>78450792
I liked that one idea from a couple threads ago, where Anakin's ghost shows up as Vader or as Anakin to Kylo, with the Vader side being a trick by Snoke to make Kylo more his bitch.
>>
>>78450962
Yeah, I think people read too much into Maul's survival at the end of the comic and assume he's being saved for Rebels or a spinoff movie and forget that we're not actually done with TCW yet.
>>
>>78450743
the only things deserving to be brought back to canon are those old short story anthologies giving backstories to the crowd from Jabba's palace and the ESB bounty hunters, and maybe Durge

the rest just needs a rewrite before such decisions, KOTOR on its own is good but a lot of associated materials is a mess; and honestly I like the idea of rewritting it to feature less projectile weapons like someone suggested in previous thread, to go with blasters and such being refered as something relatively recent in a lot of prequel-era media.
>>
File: 1448600753566.png (455 KB, 471x645) Image search: [Google]
1448600753566.png
455 KB, 471x645
>Snoke's appearance is kept secret so it can be a surprise to the audince
>purposely avoid showing him before release
>doesn't appear in any of the marketing
>no Snoke merchandise
>watch TFA
>it's just Voldemort
>>
File: CXI3rwBVAAAboby.jpg (108 KB, 600x948) Image search: [Google]
CXI3rwBVAAAboby.jpg
108 KB, 600x948
Sweet
>>
>>78451112
Yeah, it was kind of disappointing. The worst part is he still looks vaguely (very vaguely) like a Muun so even now the Plagueis people aren't going to shut up.
>>
>>78450792
He should have appeared with Luke at the end, as a clone who was saved from the Empire.
>>
>>78450991
They're not on par with the original movie or The Empire Strikes Back.

They're cool games, but the best thing to come out of the franchise? No way.
>>
>>78450813
What part of the word "must" do you not understand?
>>
>>78451176
He should've appeared instead of Luke. That would be the tweeeeest
>>
>>78451176
Force ghost Anakin still shows up to talk to both of them since the clone is a different guy, just genetically identical.
>>
>>78451189
I disagree. Kotor 2 in particular has a story that I think is much better than the movies. But that's just my opinion, man.
>>
>>78451127
>Garel
Nice.
>>
>>78451225
Luke and Anakin need to be in the same scene like the two Highlanders

Add Rey and that's the trifecta of protagonists.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 3000x1688
>>78450813
>epic post bro
>>
>>78451112
I'm more disappointed that he's basically just Palpatine 2.0
>>
>>78451112
He was really underwhelming. In all honesty, they should've not showed his face at all and just have you hear his voice
You know, have hin in a dark cloak which hides his face Sheev style, or not even show him at all
>>
>>78450792
They thought of putting his Force ghost in, but half-Anakin half-Vader because "there is still darkness in him" shit:

http://screencrush.com/anakin-skywalker-star-wars-force-awakens/

It's like they didn't even watch ROTJ where he is in Jedi heaven.
>>
>>78451523
Also Luke was supposed to have a much bigger role but for some mysterious reason he kept overshadowing the new people, so they changed the story to be about finding him in the middle of fuckwhere

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-anakin-skywalker-force-ghost-images-hayden-christensen/
>>
>>78451392
Yeah, I can understand why they would want to hold back on giving us too much backstory about him or detail his motivations, but they gave us nothing. Even a line or two where he compares himself to the Emperor and points out why he's different, or makes a hint as to what his end goal is, or even have Han and Leia mention something about it, would've helped. Instead all he does is sit there and give commands, and the only information we get from Han and Leia is that he seduced Kylo and just wants him for his power. Even the idea that he's going to get rid of Kylo once he has what he wants isn't that different since Palpatine has done exactly that to his powerful allies before. So we're left with absolutely nothing to distinguish him as a character.
>>
>>78451346
Do you even own a fedora?
>>
>>78451592
I can kind of see why Luke would overshadow them, it's harder to care about what these new kids are doing when we have Luke right there.

That said, I wish they would've at least let him say something before the movie ends with an awkward helicopter shot.
>>
>>78451666
That's probably my biggest gripe with the movie is the ending
Christ, at least a hello would've been fine
>>
>>78451666
>>78451713
Luke not saying anything feels fine. Given his appearance at the very end I think it would've felt unnatural and jarring to have him talk without room for an organic exchange to develop. The issue is the way the movie drags out his appearance. The final scene is definitely awkward though.

The Force Awakens is sort of messy in general. Hopefully VIII builds on it while avoiding its problems.
>>
>>78451713
It's funny that he adheres to the rule about the final scene not having any dialogue (which Lucas bent a few times anyway), but completely misses the point of the final shot being an image meant to focused on so it can linger and does this bizarre overly kinetic overhead shot. It stays with us but only because of how awful it was.
>>
>>78451858
The thing that makes the scene even worse other from the helicopter pan-around is the fact that the entire movie boils down to "Where's Luke?: The Movie"
I was expecting it to end when Rey and Chewy went into hypserspace just to do the traditional cliffhanger ending, but instead they actually went to where Luke is. And they find him. And that's it
They do a pan around, they have Hamil take his hood off and strangely look menacing, then continue to do a pan around, then cut to rey, then to Luke, then to Rey, then to the Sarlaac pit, then to Rey, then to the Death Star explosion, then to Luke, then to Rey, then to Kylo molesting Vader's helmet, then back to Luke, then another helicopter pan and then it just ends
>>
>>78450419
>Call me sentimental, but the matte painting work done in ESB and RotJ are fucking masterpieces and some of the best done of all time. Removing that work and replacing it with xbox360 tier cg is a fucking travesty. I cannot fucking understand the people who say shit like "hurrr the mattes are so dated..." Theyre a fucking work of art, get the fuck outta here
>Honorable mention: dialogue changes like the change of 3PO's insult on the way into the escape pod on ANH or when han shoots the sarlaac tentacle. Just, why??

The problem is George isn't an artist he's a technophile.
>>
>>78451489
If only. Now we have this.
>>
>>78452038
Ha, that would be cool
>>
>>78451942
I don't think he really looks menacing.

Terrible scene, though.
>>
>>78450165

Far crazier shit has happened especially with the dark side. Maul holding on with sheer hatred until he was found isn't too farfetched.
>>
>>78451942
>Where's Luke?
>Let me give you this thing to find Luke
>TELL ME WHERE TO FIND LUKE OR I'LL WHINE AT YOU
>wow Luke is real and not a myth? We better find him!
>Luke was my buddy, let's go find him
>Oh wow we gotta find Lu-OH NO THE HOSNIAN SYSTEM
>Gotta destroy that Starkiller!
>Yep, that Starkiller's a menace!
>Is it another Death Star? No, it's BIGGER than the Death Star and thus more dangerous!
>We better hurry if we want to stop the Starkiller!
>STARKILLER BAAAAASE
>Yes we destroyed the Starkiller! Mission accomplished!
>Oh shit we have like three minutes left weren't we supposed to find Luke, wake up Artoo!
>Oh hey there's Luke
>DIRECTED BY J.J. ABRAMS
>>
File: 1451047213487.png (310 KB, 676x294) Image search: [Google]
1451047213487.png
310 KB, 676x294
>>78452062
He's angry
>>
>>78452104
>You came all this way to bring me this old thing? I made my own lightsaber like 30 years ago.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_8-NCN5CU
>>
>>78452123
Then >>78451176 walks in frame

>If you don't mind, I'll take that back.
>>
>>78452104
>Shit, I forgot to hide the Leia holovids
>Crap, I'd better stall
>Oh hey, she found my fathers lightsaber
>Shit, how do I stall
>If only Ben was here- BEN!
>"Rey, did I ever tell you about the lightsaber? It was a weapon used by the Jedi in a more civilized time."
>>
>>78450792

As has been said trying to guide Kylo back to the light but then have a Vader ghost come and impale Ghost Anakin from behind and evaporate.
>>
>>78450811

He was funny but to be fair they weren't exactly wrong. His character went from traumatized PTSD soldier to OOGA BOOGA FUNI BLACK MAN. He acted like a fucking goon.
>>
>>78452082
The Starkiller Base storyline really derails the movie, and to make it worse the characters don't even care that much about it.
>>
>>78452123
>You found that old thing? How? Where? I lost that back in Bespin
>B-Bespin. Well, it's where I fought my father
>Who was my father? Oh... uhh.. well...
>Darth Vader...?
>Yes yes, Darth Vader is my-
>No no, I didn't know at the ti
>YES, my father worked for the Empero-
>No, my father-
>Yes bu-
>JESUS CHRIST WOMAN STOP ASKING QUESTIONS
>>
>>78452124
>fags will actually dispute this
>>
>>78450918
The TFA dictionary talks about the purge of Malachor V, something revan personally did.
>>
>>78451112

Whole movie was kinda like that. They tried to subvert typical film tropes but it just made reveals fall flat. Kylo's identity being a big one. It was such a mystery since his reveal and we find out it's Han's son like five minutes in.
>>
>>78452104
>I could've been a contender
>I could have changed the galaxy
>But all it took was one bad day, like a speeder crash
>>
>>78451611
Yes, I kept it as a reminder of my social-crimes back in high school.
>>
File: DarkTroopers-RECG.jpg (38 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
DarkTroopers-RECG.jpg
38 KB, 500x344
Okay, let's say Darth Filoni and Grand Moff Pablo go full ham with making Kanan and Hera the New EU version of Kyle Kartarn and Jan by introducing the Dark Trooper program into a future season. I field to you this query:
How do you think they could best integrate it into the show? I know the question is a bit loaded seeing as how we haven't seen all of the revelations of season yet, but assume the main cast all survives.

I would want the entire season revolve around battling the Dark Trooper Threat, with a decent showing of all the phases, with the finale being a blitz against all three.
The biggest complication with this is figuring out what everyone who isn't Kanan and Hera are doing.
>>
>>78452297
I'm kind of glad that they didn't make it a big climax reveal ala Vader, but yeah, it was weird to have it revealed through a casual mention by Snoke
>>
>>78452297
They made Kylo suck for the pottery factor but it weakened the film in the end because he wasn't credible. Not to mention they went tell don't show on his conflict.

Shit character outside of powerlevels, fucking Hux is more interesting and he's the muggle of the villains.
>>
>>78452363
What also killed Kylo's everything was his face reveal. No offence to the actor, but once he took the mask off it just kill of killed his intimidation factor
They should've have made him take his mask off until "That" scene. You know
>>
>>78452363
The only interesting thing Hux does is the big speech, which itself is kind of weakened by the fact that we don't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Even the fact that he blow up an entire system is muted by the fact that we had never even heard of this place before this and have no reason to care. At least when Tarkin did it, it was the homeworld of a main character (who we then saw pleading him not to). What made Tarkin especially cruel wasn't even the fact that he blow up a planet, it was the fact that he said he wouldn't if he got what he wanted, only to go it anyway because blowing up Alderaan still served his purposes better.
>>
>>78449799
I liked most of the changes in the 1997 special editions except for the musical number in Jabba's palace and that stupid Greedo shooting first scene. Not because of the change, but because of the shitty effects work they used to do it.
>>
File: starwars_thenandnow.jpg (1 MB, 700x3623) Image search: [Google]
starwars_thenandnow.jpg
1 MB, 700x3623
>>
>>78452691
You know, Hamil aged pretty well, even after the accident
>>
>>78452691
Kind of a weak punchline
>>
>>78452734
It's the beard. He looks awful without it.
>>
>>78451836
They should have ended the scene right after he turned around and pulled his hood down
>>
>>78452774
It's funny since he hates the beard yet he wears it pretty well
>>
Anyone have that map they put out before TFA that has Rakata Prime and Starkiller Base overlapping where we're used to Ilum being on it?
>>
>>78452781
Agreed.
>>
File: 1450448090384.jpg (192 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450448090384.jpg
192 KB, 900x1200
>>78452817
>>
>>78452691
Man, he may not have the voice for it but Prowse looks like a proper villain, young or old, unlike Driver lol.
>>
>>78449870
>>78449946
IIRC, Cad's rumoured for Rogue One, so it should be possible.
>>
>>78452864
>Jakku is near the core
Huh, I thought it was an outer rim nothing like Tatooine
>>
>>78452104
What's up with Luke and Kylo having Anakin's hairstyle? Pottery?
>>
>>78452893
I think that has been proven false, it was from that fake synopsis claiming that it's about Rebellion hiring a group of bounty hunters to steal the plans.
>>
>>78452950
It looks stylish af. And hides some of the Kylo's shortcomings
>>
>>78452906
Well, the western half of the galaxy around Jakku is the last real frontier of civilized areas before it drops into the Unknown Regions, so it technically is like an outer rim nothing.
>>
File: 1451086315128.jpg (160 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451086315128.jpg
160 KB, 1280x720
The way how Isaac and Boyega look at each other. You just know.
>>
>>
>>78452950
Luke's farmboy hair would've grown into Anakin hair.

>>78453011
He looked more goofy with it, it would be even more pottery if he was bald
>>
>>78453282
Driver has hilariously big ears. Look at his marine portrait, now imagine that but dressed all in black.
>>
>>78453328
Then he'd look more like Orlok than goofy kid

He needed to be more intimidating without the helmet on so why not use that
>>
File: SWT_09_01_Resurrection_042-043.jpg (120 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
SWT_09_01_Resurrection_042-043.jpg
120 KB, 800x618
>>78449870
>>78449946
>Trench

Trench is dead though.

We'd probably see Embo since he's Filoni's bounty hunter self insert. But I think he made it pretty clear we won't get Bane in Rebels.

>>78450019
>I would even accept a passing mention of the Inquisitors killing him.

Inquisitors can't even kill Jedi on their own. No way in hell they could pull it off with a Sith. IF maul were to appear in Rebels, there is only one way he can go out. Pic related.
>>
>>78453394
Actually I wouldn't mind Anakin killing him during a TCW arc.

Pottery for killing Taken guy
>>
>>78453427
Given how heavily Yoda emphasized that this is Obi-Wan's task to complete, I think we're going to get a final Obi-Wan vs Maul matchup in one of the TCW Legacy adaptations.
>>
>>78453394
Vader's got one big codpiece there.
>>
>>78453359
>Orlok

This made me realize it'd be hilarious if they gave Driver lighter makeup since he already looks like the somnambulist and made Snoke a dr Caligari/Nosferatu mashup. German expressionist sith could look pretty neat.

>>78453394
Trench is never truly dead, lightsaber to the guts isn't enough.
>>
Odds of Luke being able to turn force ghost when he dies in 8 or 9?
>>
File: _20151225_153757.jpg (133 KB, 720x776) Image search: [Google]
_20151225_153757.jpg
133 KB, 720x776
>>78450792
>>
>Home One is still operable as of Poe's section of Before the Awakening
>>
>>78453560
Plot twist, Kylo is already dead and Snoke used Force necromancy or some shit.

That's why "it's too late" and Anakin's ghost can't do a thing if he talked to him.
>>
>>78453268
this got nothing on turkey Sheev
>>
>>78453394
That is some amusing, cringe-inducing writing. Darth Maul really brings out the worst. He never should have been brought back.
>>
>>78453704
the other plot twist is that Snoke was Anakin's psychiatrist
>>
>>78453561
200% but I prefer he not die, since they seem to be all about subverting expectations

Also like old Pym in Ant-Man
>>
>>78453766
>since they seem to be all about subverting expectations
Aside from Kylo Ren, not really. VII is filled with pandering.
>>
>>78449799
Worst:
>Song in Jabba's palace. Makes ROTJ more cringy for me to watch with other people
>Vader's 'No'
>lighting fuckups
>showing the wampa
>Luke's scream in ESB

Best:
>the Emperor in ESB
>Cloud City
>end of ROTJ
>Boba (fuck you I like Tetsuya Boba)
>Vader's ghost
>>
>>78453729
That was some AI from Legends comics
>>
>>78453878
It was actually AI spirit brought back by some dark side cult Palpatine had a beef with, which believed Maul was a better sith than Vader due to never being a jedi.

I don't think it was canon even within the EU.
>>
>>78453758
I'm waiting to see how they link Snoke to Sheev, it better be good.

Despite the Ysalami stuff I liked how Thrawn just happened to be an Imperial who recruited a Dark Jedi, Joruus. Other way around. Snoke is yet another dark sider puppet master behind the Empire.
>>
File: 1.jpg (114 KB, 815x472) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
114 KB, 815x472
>>
Call me dense or whatever, but how the FUCK did the force awaken in the movie? I get theyve felt an awakening, but what is that awakening supposed to do? Grant more people with force sensitivity? More jedi/sith? I liked the movie but the title didnt make sense.
>>
>>78453938
I don't like all these new 1000 years old entities they created for the movie, to be honest. They better explain it.
>>
>>78453992
The force awakened in Poe when he destroyed the Death Star.
>>
>>78454024
I hope Wedge is still alive.
>>
>>78453992
More people discovered their connection to the force, either by using it or being near someone using it. This must have caused some kind of change in how Snoke perceived the force, to notice that it "awoke." This is a rare thing at this point in time, because of no Jedi or Sith order existing to be noticeable in the force.
>>
File: Poe_Dameron_infobox.png (2 MB, 832x1216) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Dameron_infobox.png
2 MB, 832x1216
>>78454063
Wedge's legacy lives through Poe.
>>
>>78453992
The Force is gonna be the big bad of movie three. It'll be like a Final Destination movie, where the goal is to figure out how the ancient ancient ancient proto-Jedi subjugated the Force to their will the first time
>>
>>78454071
Is that explained in the novelization? If not, how is that shown in the movie?
>>
>>78453992
It awoke in Rey, and though the movie doesn't indicate this, the book implies that Finn is Force sensitive as well. For a long time, it would seem that only Snoke, Kylo Ren, and Luke were the only ones in the galaxy who could use it and it also seems like Snoke is powerful enough to detect that change in the flow of the Force.
>>
File: Snapchat-4058022611166967813.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4058022611166967813.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
Participated in /toy/ secret Santa. Got a nice ass Star Wars haul that I thought you guys could appreciate.

Yoda Hat
Artoo Socks
Stormtrooper Stocking
Star Wars Mug w/Hot Chocolate and Mug Cake Mix
Star Wars Blanket
Star Wars Holiday Special DVD
Black Series Han Solo
Black Series Boba Fett
Black Series Artoo
Black Series Sandtrooper and a buddy to go with him because you can literally never have too many troopers
Black Series Poe & Riot Trooper
Black Series Titanium Snowspeeder
Black Series Titanium 4 pack with Poe's X-Wing, Biggs' X-Wing, Millenium Falcon and a TIE Fighter
>>
>>78454177
>The subtitle doesn't even make sense in the movie and is explained in the book
Thanks, Disney, I sure will buy books and bring them to a theatre next time.
>>
>>78454244
>All those Black Series'
Good god, did you sell your body to this person? They pretty much robbed a bank for you
>>
>>78454244
Man, that's a good haul. I really like that mug.
>>
>>78454177
FUCK, finn is force sensitive too? Can you provide context/quotes? Thanks anon.
>>
>>78453878
>>78453937
I don't think it was. That's not my point.

My point is the goofy fixation on Darth Maul despite him being a paper-thin and totally uninteresting character. Even in The Clone Wars his arc is mostly uninteresting. The fact he not only was brought back but has survived this long is bizarre to me.

It's on the same level as Boba Fett fixation.
>>
>>78454063
Well they wanted his actor bsck but he said no.
>>
>>78453997
I'm okay with Maz. I don't know if Snoke has been confirmed to be that old but it would be stupid. Maz seems just interested in piracy and running a bar, and never became a Jedi so it's reasonable for her to be around for a thousand years without making a huge impact.

For someone like Snoke to be around that long, he comes across as an idiot for never having done anything until now. As it is he's still riding on Palpatine's coattails by picking up the remains of his Empire and taking over them.
>>
>>78454298

Me too it reminds me of Atari Star Wars

>>78454296

Shocked the shit out of me too anon. Made my Christmas. $20 was the minimum too so this went way over.
>>
>>78454244
Fuck, I would kill for that Black Series Boba Fett, never was able to find one. Much like my current situation with Phasma.
>>
File: 1450574410776.png (119 KB, 220x270) Image search: [Google]
1450574410776.png
119 KB, 220x270
>>78452864
>Moraband
>>
>>78454335
I agree, though Boba at the very least has a nice design (worse than half of the other ESB hunters, though)
>>
>>78454345
>Aha, time to take over the galaxy!
>Fuck, those Jedi are around
>welp better wait

>Jedi are gone, time to take over the galaxy!
>Fuck, the Sith are in charge and that Sidious asshole is going to spank me
>welp better wait

>Aha, the Sith are gone! Time to take over the galaxy!
>Fuck, that Skywalker kid got tough, better talk his nephew into wrecking the place
>>
>>78454122
Not as far as I know (haven't raed it yet). That's just how I interpreted it.

>>78454430
George didn't like it's old name and changed it officially. Places do sometimes change name over time, so its nothing to get upset about.
>>
>>78454430
>autism
>>
What other parallels would you like to see in the next two films? Strange as it is I kind of want to see parallels between Kylo and his parents instead of just parallels between him and Anakin.
>>
>>78454567
Maz Kanata and Jabba ofc
>>
>>78454594
I thought that would be more Unkar's role, to relate it to Han more through the Falcon.
>>
>>78454345
I think Snoke's origins have to do with the Imperial remnants looking for the "source of the dark side" outside the galaxy. They probably found him out there somewhere and he took advantage of the situation to prop himself as the new hotness.
>>
There was a "leak" on /tv/ yesterday about possible ideas for the anthology movies.

>Boba Fett movie
>Rise of Palpatine movie
>Clone Wars movie focused on different Jedis and clonetroopers at the war
>Origin of the Jedi and the Sith.
>Opression of the Sith with young Mace and young Qui-Gon
>Obi-Wan movie about post-Tatooine shenanigans.

While probably fake, it got me thinking what are some anthology movies you'd like to see?
>>
Anyone else get the feeling that Rey wasn't actually a former Jedi like most people thought she was? I get the feeling the gut punch twist in Episode 8 will be that Rey's parents actually sold her to Unkaar and she just repressed the memories of it or something.
>>
>>78454637
Doesn't he die in the novel?

>>78454683
That's an old fake rumor.

I'd like to see a movie about Bossk with Zuckuss and 4-LOM as the supporting cast. No Fett, maybe some cameos of CW era bounty hunters.

One about younger Windu could be cool too.
>>
>>78454683
A movie about Yoda training a young Dooku
>>
>>78454567
>Strange as it is I kind of want to see parallels between Kylo and his parents instead of just parallels between him and Anakin

Kylo piloting the Falcon? Kylo frozen in carbonite? Kylo forced into a revealing slave outfit and molested by a female Hutt?

I highly doubt those would be good ideas let alone anyone wants to see them.
>>
>>78452341
I don't know how to best integrate it into the show, but I do know that I want to hear "Dark Troopers, Release!" again.
>>
File: 1311484375538.jpg (33 KB, 442x447) Image search: [Google]
1311484375538.jpg
33 KB, 442x447
>>78454683
>Jedis
>>
>>78454683
>>Clone Wars movie focused on different Jedis and clonetroopers at the war
>>Origin of the Jedi and the Sith.
These are the only two that need to happen, honestly.
>>
>>78454704
What if she was actually Kylo Ren's master, but her memory got wiped and that explains why she's so proficient?

I guess that would make her Reyvan.
>>
>>78454683
I don't want to see any anthology movies. To be honest we didn't need these sequels either.

Not everything needs to be exhaustively explored or elaborated upon. We don't need to know the details to everything. We didn't even need the prequels. I'm sure Disney will milk it for all its worth though.
>>
>>78452341
Darktroopers seem to be canon again aleady so it's only a matter of time I'd imagine.
>>
>>78454683
>Origin of the Jedi and the Sith.
It's shit like this that always makes me want to know more about the pre-hyperspace days of the Star Wars universe. I mean, presumably, the force has always existed, and we could explore different cultures using the force and how they think it should be used (whether full blown Jedi/Sith only, or some massive grey area like force adepts in the RPGs).

>>78454704
Eh, it's sorta hard to tell at this point. They could either go the Anakin route and have her be the daughter of some random person and they just sold her into slavery, or she could be Luke's secret daughter and it would be closer to Luke's origins (the offspring of a powerful force user)).
>>
>>78454683
>Opression of the Sith with young Mace and young Qui-Gon
How would this even work? Do they time travel? Mace and Qui-Gon's Excellent Adventure?
>>
>>78454769
>female Hutt
>female
>hutt
>>
>>78452270
There could have been another battle on Malachor, just naming a planet and battle doesn't canonize everything related to it.
>>
File: 1360311010122.jpg (221 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
1360311010122.jpg
221 KB, 1920x816
>>78454889
>being this behind on your Hutt biology
They're not hermaphrodites in the new canon, dude.
>>
>>78454889
Hutts have genders now, shitlord
>>
>>78454927
>>78454939
I think they are actually still herms.
>>
>>78454923
Shut the fuck up, just because you hate KOTOR because "muh aesthetics" doesn't mean it won't be recanonized. Everyone at Lucasfilm who has played it fucking loves it. I'm going to happily drink your tears when it's announced to be back in canon, dickface.
>>
>>78454889
This reminds me it was never explained what happened to Jabba's son
>>
>>78454953
Pablo (or Filoni?) confirmed that they have genders. That was one of the first new changes following Legends being discarded.
>>
>>78454927
>>78454939
>http://www.starwars.com/news/swca-one-big-story-star-wars-canon-panel-liveblog

Fucking faggot shitlords gendering my slug hermaphrodites!
>>
>>78454927
Has that been stated?
>>
>>78454953
Pablo confirmed they're not at Celebration.
>>
>>78454953
>>78454991
Yes, it's been confirmed.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hutt

>It was revealed by Pablo Hidalgo at Celebration Anaheim that Hutts have separate sexes in canon, no longer being hemaphroditic as they were in the Star Wars Legends continuity.
>>
>>78454987
>>78455006
I must have remembered it the wrong way.
>>
>>78454683
>what are some anthology movies you'd like to see?

None. Absolutely zero anthology "movies". Star Wars in film format should be limited to just the respective 'episode' entries.

Keep everything else to literature or television. Or video games if it can work too.
>>
Will there be any aliens in Rogue One?
>>
>>78455136
Diego Luna
>>
>>78453560
>lightsaber to the guts isn't enough.

I agree. Which is why i claim him dead because they blew up his fucking ship. He disintegrated.
>>
>>78455175
>because they blew up his fucking ship. He disintegrated.
We know he survived that once before
>>
>>78454335
>The fact he not only was brought back but has survived this long is bizarre to me.

I think it stems from the allegations that Maul wasn't meant to "die" in TPM in it's original drafts. Guess Filoni or someone wanted to explore that some.
>>
>>78455175
Whole point of the character was pretty much coming back no matter what happened to him, iirc Anakin makes a remark he was thought to be dead multiple times in the past in his first ep. It's really not hard to bring him back considering that.
>>
Anyone else feel like some stuff in TFA was inspired by the fans of Star Wars? Like Rey being a good pilot because she did tons of VR piloting missions was inspired by fans who played all the TIE Fighter games and Battlefront 2 who actually know how to fly the ships in Star Wars. And Kylo Ren being obsessed with finding Vader shit was inspired by the fans that collect tons of Star Wars stuff?

I feel like that was their way of connecting to this new generation because I kind of understand Rey since I've played tons of Battlefront 2 space missions and actually understand how to fly ships like she does.
>>
>>78454683
King of the Hill with bounty hunters.

Bossk is Hank.
Zuckuss is Bill
IG-88 is Dale
Embo is Boomhauer

Boba can be Kahn.
>>
>>78455330
>Anyone else feel like some stuff in TFA was inspired by the fans of Star Wars?
Not at all.
>>
>>78454972
Dude, i fucking loved KOTOR. I'd love for it to be back, especially with all the revan/star forge vibes the new order gives off. I'm just saying, just because they mention Malachor doesn't mean it's all canon again.
>>
>>78455373
>pocket nanodroids
>>
Holy fucking shit Kix survived?
>>
I think Finn should get lighter and lighter outfits as the trilogy goes on in a kind of reverse Luke kind of deal.

He should look like Captain EO by episode 9
>>
Do you think the Skywalker/Solo family celebrated Wookie life day every year?
>>
File: Quq6sKt[1].jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Quq6sKt[1].jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
>>78455559
>I think Finn should get lighter and lighter outfits as the trilogy goes on
Doesn't get much lighter.
>>
>>78455559
>Inb4 Finn gets Lando's outifit
>>
>>78455373
>Empire is a bit harsh but it upholds real Trandoshan values
>their intorregaton droids remind me of my old partner 4-LOM!
>Assertion: the Empire wants to subject us all to their bounty hunting program to silence the droid uprising
>fast-paced incomprehensible Filoni noises

I'd watch it
>>
>>78455580
What do you think made Kylo Ren turn to the dark side?
>>
>>78455555
He did? Nice 5s btw
>>
File: 1451013732782.jpg (433 KB, 918x1920) Image search: [Google]
1451013732782.jpg
433 KB, 918x1920
>>78455580
>Ben refuses to say grace at the table
>>
>>78455330
>Anyone else feel like some stuff in TFA was inspired by the fans of Star Wars
Well, the reason Lucas departed was because Kathleen said "we want to make a film for fans" so, I guess so.
>>
>>78455625
Exactly. it's like poetry.
>>
>>78455651
We talking badass cape Lando or General Lando?
>>
>>78455555
Nice related get, anon.

>>78455673
He was captured by the CIS on Dooku's order because of what Fives told him about the chips. He wanted to know what Kix knew, and see how far that information spread before "decommissioning" Kix. Turns out the Republic didn't like their trooper being kidnapped, and forced the CIS ship carrying him in stasis to hyperspace away too close to a planet, causing it to crash land for 50 years. Then the Corsair's crew finds the ship, pulls Kix out of stasis and recruits him to the pirate crew.
>>
>>78455779
>Then the Corsair's crew finds the ship, pulls Kix out of stasis and recruits him to the pirate crew.
Got off better than most troopers desu
>>
im watching clone wars for the first time,
tell me jim cummings comes back for rebels, he is having so much fun as a pirate,
not enough scum and villainy in the seedy underbelly of the star wars eu.
>>
>>78455848
Poor guy's going to be wondering where his brothers are though.
>>
>>78455888
Hondo came back to Rebels recently. Cummings has mentioned there'll be at least one more episode with Hondo but he can't talk about it.
>>
>>78455914
They bring him up to speed on what's been going on with the galaxy. That probably includes "by the way most of the other clones are dead by now"
>>
>>78449806
Vader can kill him in a book/comic
>>
Can anyone explain to me why a Rebellion exists if there is a New Republic?
>>
>>78454683
Best
>Clone Wars movie focused on different Jedi and Clonetroopers during the war

Worst
>Young Mace and Qui-Gon

You just know we'd get some obnoxious quiptastic teen actors.
>>
>>78456013
The New Republic is mostly demilitarized and the resistance isn't officially associated with them.
>>
>>78455962
I assume they would all be dead by now, minus Boba since he didn't get the altered aging genes. They would be 50 biologically, but 100 physically, probably too decrepit to live close to TFA.

>>78456013
There is no Rebellion. The Resistance exists because Leia knows the First Order is dangerous, which the New Republic doesn't believe.
>>
>>78456013
Apparently, the Republic isn't willing to openly oppose the First Order for whatever reason, so there's a Resistance form to fight them.

It's kind of stupid.
>>
The second viewing for me really seals that Rey is just using the lightsaber as half a quarterstaff. She only uses it one handed twice.
>>
>>78456013
Because the New Republic is stupid and can't see the First Order is militarizing, but Leia sees through their bullshit and makes a tiny Resistance that the New Republic unofficially, but barely, supports. They don't listen to Leia's warnings about the First Order and get BTFO by Starkiller.
>>
>>78456081
Yea she keeps trying to stab him with it. It was a nice touch. Staff is all she knows.
>>
>>78454683
I would love to see an Obi-Wan movie.

Additionally, I would love to see a dual Obi-Wan/Vader series or movie with both Ewan and Hayden playing their respective characters. But people might complain it would diminish Vader as a character but after just recently reading Lords of the Sith, I couldn't help using Hayden's voice for Vader especially when talking to Palpatine. It just worked. Ever word filled with regret and rage at his decisions. Behind a competent director who understands Star Wars, I cannot see how it could fail.
>>
File: mace.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
mace.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
In a one on one fight, is there anyone in the current Star Wars canon who can beat Mace Windu?

If so, how? If not, who would give him the best fight?
>>
>>78456191
Sheev, easily.

He was using Windu as a way to turn anakin, he could wipe the floor with him in a real fight
>>
>>78456081
>>78456164

Honestly makes her look like a fucking dumbass to me.

Don't care how much of a master you are with a staff if you pick up a sword you'll understand immediately that it's a different kind of weapon.

>hurr I'm a hammer main but I picked up this dagger let me try bludgeoning the enemy with it
>>
>>78456191
Sidious and Dooku should be on par with him. Yoda is probably considered a better duelist. Naturally, fights don't always have the same outcome so if Mace and Sidious had a theoretical rematch it may turn out differently.
>>
>>78456191
Not the Emperor I'll tell you that. He was whooping Palpatine's ass. Fucking Yoda could barely keep up with him a day later.
>>
>>78456164
But point beats edge.

Now I want some rapier-dagger or katana-wakizashi style action in the other ones.
>>
>>78456250
Sheev lost the actual fight. It was once he was cornered and Anakin showed up that he started to exaggerate his weakness and play himself as the victim.
>>
When do the Marvel Annuals take place?
>>
>>78455991
>Vader being the one to kill Maul
Literally the least satisfying end to the character
>>
>>78456625
Seeing as Vader and Star Wars annuals happened this month, I assume it'll be that way for the next couple years.
>>
>>78456683
No, I mean when in the timeline (that is, between which issues of the main series) do those two annuals take place?
>>
File: Finn and Poe.png (216 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
Finn and Poe.png
216 KB, 500x605
Finn and Poe need a spin off movie.

No Homo Romance though - that shit's forced as fuck.

Disregarding what I just said, I wonder if the writers will be dumb enough to ruin this new trio with forced romance.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.