[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /co/ feel about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
How does /co/ feel about it?
>>
>>78437458
Angered.
>>
*heavy sigh*
>>
That's not the new PPG. That's from 2014
>>
Visually it looked much better than the upcoming show.
>>
File: Laughing daughter-chan.jpg (114 KB, 496x414) Image search: [Google]
Laughing daughter-chan.jpg
114 KB, 496x414
Original series > Pic Related series > New series
1) Thick lines and various shapes, distinguishing against backgrounds
2) No lines and blocky/edged shapes, but matches the aesthetic of the special
3) Nothing but thin lines, barely punctuates the foreground to the background from what is seen in the brief appearances of CN adds

NEW SERIES WILL BE mediocre COMPARED TO EVERYTHING ELSE
>>
JUST

FUCK

AND MY SHIT

THESE WERE THE INGREDIENTS CHOSEN TO CREATE THE PERFECT LITTLE GIRLS

BUT PROFESSOR KEKTONIUM ACCIDENTALLY ADDED AN EXTRA INGREDIENT TO THE CONCOTION

"UP!"
>>
It was alright.
>>
i wish it looked like this, that was an interesting art style

the new NEW one is just the same art style as the original but not traditionally animated
>>
File: 1450208919398.png (1 MB, 669x769) Image search: [Google]
1450208919398.png
1 MB, 669x769
>>78437458
The episode was a 3/5s with writing, but the animation designs were shit. Even tis parody was not only leaps more clever, but with significantly better version of their animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vycUIW_tsA
>>
>>78438274
>>78438274
kek
>>
>>78439073
That animation and art style is much worse.
>>
File: Hypocrite_4293fb_5773079.jpg (95 KB, 780x800) Image search: [Google]
Hypocrite_4293fb_5773079.jpg
95 KB, 780x800
>>78439270
The irony of that statement is up to par with this image I am posting.

That shit was jagged, not smooth at all (even looked a bit glitchy), not very pleasant to look at (not quite ugly, but not meshing well) and overall lacked a more similar but refreshing designs (look like mediocre fan made work; ironic).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6jJnKl8iA
>>
>>78439461
Now that you mention it, that shit looks terrible.
>>
Most things we love and then hate. This was one we hated and then loved.
>>
File: Angry_Jimmy.jpg (61 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Jimmy.jpg
61 KB, 384x288
>>78439461
The irony is that the Ryan's parody was made by one to a few guys who did it in their spare time.

That animation-wise CN abomination was made by an entire animation team working directly for the original creators of the show.

Yet the actual CN production looks less faithful to the show and ended up looking like the bad fan project. Amazing.
But at least they got some of their vibes right.
>>
>>78437458
All I remember about this shit was they fucked up and gave Bubbles the ice breath power
>>
>>78440394
The ice-breath she actually had in the original show...
>>
>>78437458
the only thing they got right about that were the three main characters, and that was because they were always just characterchures with minute characturization.
>>
>>78437458
The episode was pretty good by itself, actually. And I think I slightly prefer this artstyle to the other new one that is basically just a butchered, minimalistic, less inspired version of the original. The only thing it has going for it are actual outlines. I really hate how every flash animation show wants to go without them just because samurai jack could pull it off well. It just doesn't work.
>>
>>78440438
Blossom had the ice breath
>>
>>78440794
my mistake. you are correct
>>
>>78439073

That Abbot and Costello act at 1:30 is not bad (self referential as it was). If this guy wasn't an edgemaster on par with Family Guy, he could do some good writing.
>>
>>78439461
it's not even the style that bothers me so much as how this scene was written. i have no idea why blossom is imitating mojo jojo.
>>
Ghastly art style.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.