[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the Matrix is just a rip off of the Invisibles!!!! Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: V2_1.png (441 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
V2_1.png
441 KB, 500x599
>the Matrix is just a rip off of the Invisibles!!!!

Is there a more cringy allegation in the medium? Because the two are nothing alike except for some very broad plot points, and Morrison's claim that "The Wachowskis kept copies of the Invisibles on set to inspire the right look" is laughable, considering the two couldn't be more different design-wise.

Is Morrison just bitter that he can't get a film project off the ground.
>>
>>78437156
is the clown neo and grant morison Morpheus?
>>
Short answer, Yes.

>>78437683
nah Neo is the white boy on the left.
>>
>>78437156
You don't get it OP. Both are conceptually the same. On the surface they look different but the ideas are all the same.
>>
>>78437880
Its almost like a lot of popular entertainment at the turn of the millennium was anxious and unsure about the future and so prophetic science fiction fit the times real well.
>>
I heard that some negress took The Matrix and Terminator to court and won because she wrote some book where robots ruled the world. Also some dude got his name on the Terminator because he wrote some Twilight Zone episode where some guys from the future fought each other in the present
>>
>>78438106
Why does her race matter to you?
>>
>>78437880
spiritual free thinkers fighting against a secret society its really old
>>
The Matrix was just the right amount of broad tropes used by works like The Invisibles but wrapped up in a contemporary veneer.

What you could say about The Matrix in relation to The Invisibles you could say about Harry Potter.

That said, I totally bet the Wachowskis had copies of The Invisibles on set. I bet they had copies of Akira on set, as well.
>>
Jack and Fanny were the best team.
>>
>>78437814
Neo is a Chav?
>>
>>78438255
And Ghost in the Shell.

I'm pretty sure at some point Neo or Trinity does The Major's signature swan dive off a building.
>>
>>78437156
the thing is if the matrix is a rip off of the invisibles, then the invisibles is a rip off of the illuminatus trilogy
>>
>>78438375
Oh sure, of course. But that's the point. You steal from one thing and you're a thief. You still a little bit from a lot of things and you're an innovator.
>>
>>78437156
Didn't David Cage rip this off for Indigo Prophecy?
>>
>>78438255
>That said, I totally bet the Wachowskis had copies of The Invisibles on set.

Supposedly the reason why Morrison wanted to sue them.
>>
>>78439711
At the time I think he was also having some resentment toward DC for rejecting the Superman 2000 pitch. (In Mark Waid's case, it's certainly one of the things that led him to go to CrossGen) So a combination of those two things plus Quesada trying to court popular writers led him to go to Marvel. He eventually eased up about complaining about the Matrix though.
>>
Morrison isn't a bad creator but it doesn't make him infallible with regards to having human emotions like being petty.
>>
>>78437156
>Is there a more cringy allegation in the medium?

Yeah that the Matrix was a rip off of Dark City. It was fucking 1.1 with The Invisibles though ( even stories of the Wachowskis passing the comic around to the cast and crew) and i like The Matrix but it is what it is.
>>
>>78438106
You're an idiot.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/22/inside-the-billion-dollar-matrix-lawsuit-one-of-the-internets-most-pervasive-hoaxes/
>>
>>78437880
>humanity is basically a living entity that's collectively evolving

Vs
>a pothead actor with magic powers will fight to get a hold of the reins of a global system of opression in order to Do nothing about it after he captured them
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.