[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why wish himself a genie and not god itself or put everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
File: Jafar.gif (12 KB, 351x513) Image search: [Google]
Jafar.gif
12 KB, 351x513
So why wish himself a genie and not god itself or put everyone on the planet under mind control? Such a shitty fucking movie.
>>
>>78427778
I think the better question is why didn't he wish to put Agrabah inside of a bottle.
>>
>>78427778
>and not god itself

Because Djinn themselves were created by Allah. I doubt very much any of them have the power to create an omnipotent being.

>put everyone on the planet under mind control

Because you can't wish for people to love you
>>
Jafar, like Hades is a simple person.

Hades just wants to rule Olympus. He lets the Titans do whatever the fuck they want to the Human Race

Jafar just wants to rule Agrabah since he figures no where else on Earth is more suited for his ruling then there.
>>
File: lebensraum.jpg (59 KB, 501x464) Image search: [Google]
lebensraum.jpg
59 KB, 501x464
>>78428625
Just like Hitler didn't wat to rule the whole world
>>
>>78429471
So was he super cool with the Finnish or...?
>>
>>78429775

The opposite. They're not Arian enough to be part of his realm.
>>
>>78427778
Nah, the point was they put being a Genie into his head.
He had no aspirations past his current situation, he'd pretty much won, then they put a higher aspiration of being a Genie itself which he didn't know the ramifications. It wouldn't make sense for him to think beyond that since it's obviously not the kind of person he was.
>>
>>78427778
as aladdin himself said no matter that the genie turned him into the genie could take it away. he implied to jafar becoming a genie was the ultimate form of power. he just never told jafar that a genie is a slave.
>>
>>78428585
>Djinn themselves were created by Allah
*tips*
>>
>>78430976
>just *tips*

What's the matter? Couldn't think of a Muslim equivalent for a fedora?
>>
>>78431389
Turban?
>>
>>78431389
>Couldn't think of a Muslim equivalent for a fedora?
*tips fez*
are you happy?
>>
>>78431389
*Beheads Infidel
>>
>>78427778
>it didn't conform to my misanthropic desires WAAAAH

Kill yourself.
>>
>>78427778
>I wish I had the powers of a genie without being bound to a lamp
Jafar just wasn't thinking everything through. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>78432330
>muh haram
>>
>>78434731
>a villain shouldn't be evil
kay
>>
>>78429775

Finland was aligned with the Axis Powers. Same for most of the Balkan Peninsula.
>>
Implying a genie can make something more powerful than a genie.
>>
Sorcerer Jafar seemed to be pretty capable of doing whatever the hell he wanted. Not sure what being a genie changed for him.
>>
>>78437614
>Turns into a giant snake
>stabed once.
>i'm not powerful enough gotta go final form

The villains from princess and the cobbler didn't do much different
>>
>>78435594
He didn't know genies were naturally bound to lamps, so he didn't know he had to specify.
>>
How many wishes did Jafar get?

I remember he wished to become the world's most powerful sorcerer, and then to become a genie, but did he make another wish before the genie one?
>>
>>78427778
Should have just wished for immortality on the last wish dumbass.
>>
>>78427778

Because if he was a genie he could do all that and more you fucking moron
>>
>>78437735
Sultan
>>
>>78437735

Sultan.
Sorceror.
Genie..
>>
>>78437735
He first wished to be sultan
>>
>>78437735

He wished to become sultan
>>
>>78437748

I don't think the genie could do immortality. If he couldn't raise the dead, due to it not being a "petty sight" he might not be able to sustain a physical body,

So Jafar would end up a skeleton wizard
>>
>>78427778
Why didn't he just hypnotized everyone in the room to crown him sultan about half the movie in? that's something not even the genie could do.
>>
>>78437696
But after effortlessly turning a tiger into a kitten and a monkey into a toy, turning into a snake and doing things the hard way was kind of dumb.
>>
>>78437897
It seemed to only work on weak willed people. Even when he suggested the marriage via hypnosis, the sultan briefly broke through to question his age.
>>
>>78437834
>>78437821
>>78437798
>>78437820

He cheated with that wish since the Genie also moves the palace
>>
>>78437969
Well... Why didn't he mind-rape everyone after the genie made his the greatest wizard?
>>
File: 1437274239260.jpg (29 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
1437274239260.jpg
29 KB, 534x486
>>78437881
That sounds amazing in retrospective
>mage Jafar takes over the world.
>discovers fountain of life.
>>
Now Jafar is on suicide mission to try and kill his now immortal skeleton.
>>78438121
>>
File: STFU.gif (1 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
STFU.gif
1 MB, 500x200
>>78427778
>Such a shitty fucking movie.

Fuck off.
>>
>>78429471
Conveniently leaving out everything that the Nazis intended for Russia/Eastern Europe. Granted a whole lot of what happened to the Russians the Stalinists did to their own people, but that doesn't excuse what the Germans did on their own time. Shit like this also conveniently forgets what the Nazis did to other white, Christian, Western Europeans who happened to be in their way.

Anyway the only thing I only wondered actually related to this thread is why Jafar didn't just use his hypno-snake staff on anyone other than the Sultan. I mean forget making people love him or anything complex like that, if he had just managed to convince Jasmine or Prince Ali/Aladdin to just leave his plans alone for a while he could have won.
>>
>>78437748
there was an episode of the cartoon that had genies only other surviving master since he wished for immortality, and he was a sad old man who had long since grown weary of the world and just wanted to be able to die
>>
>>78442195
Did he find a way to be able to die? Do you know what the name of this episode was? It sounds like fanfiction/creepypasta.
>>
>>78437881
I think raising the dead didn't return the body to life so much as simply animate the body, which was the issue

You'd be a walking corpse, not a person returned to life and health.

If you'd wished for immortality, it could backfire in that you'd grow old and spend eternity with creaky joints, but otherwise it would be fine.

Jafar probably had a way of keeping young with sorcery and arrogantly assumed he could never be defeated, so immortality was not a priority
>>
>>78442142
>why Jafar didn't just use his hypno-snake staff on anyone other than the Sultan
Couple of possible reasons

The hypnotism didn't seem super effective sometimes, the Sultan was easily distracted from it. Even broke out of it himself to call Jafar old.

The Sultan didn't seem very strong willed, someone like Jasmine was probably more resistant.

Could have required multiple sessions over a longer period to fully manipulate someone. Jafar had a lot of time with the Sultan, other people not so much
>>
You don't think straight when your high on power.
>>
File: 1387820045514.png (403 KB, 4480x2200) Image search: [Google]
1387820045514.png
403 KB, 4480x2200
>>78442142
>Shit like this also conveniently forgets what the Nazis did to other white, Christian, Western Europeans who happened to be in their way.
oh no he waged war to conquer nations, what a terrible fellow
>>
>>78442195
no that wasn't wat happened.
a former master of genie, had wished for immortality, he just forgot to also wish for eternal youth.
so he hired the genie hunter to capture genie and to make genie his slave again. so he could get his eternal youth wish.

alladin convinced him to let genie stay with him, the old dude simply said sure i'll wait until you are dead and then genie will be mine.
>>
>>78444094
Eternal Youth sounds like a horror wish, there's so much that can go wrong with that wording.
>>
>>78444036
The main arm of the US armed forces is the M16, not the M4.
>>
>>78444120
As evidenced by the time Jafar spent under a master as a genie, the interpretation is up to the individual genie to determine. Someone like Genie wouldn't be a dick about it.
>>
File: fred14.jpg (17 KB, 451x338) Image search: [Google]
fred14.jpg
17 KB, 451x338
>>78444094
alladin the series:
season 2: episode 76 (or ep 11 of season 2)

Mukhtar, the sole survivor of a race that once hunted genies, comes to Agrabah looking for Genie. He succeeds, but Aladdin and the others rescue him, and Mukhtar reveals he is working for hire; however, all but one of Genie's old masters are dead—Jibraic, who wants his servant back. Mukhtar lives to hunt genies, and it will take all of Genie's wit and Aladdin's courage to stop the hunter.
>>
File: BATTLE BROTHERS.jpg (31 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
BATTLE BROTHERS.jpg
31 KB, 600x462
Okay so hear me out.

Aladdin wishes to become a prince. The genie grants his wish.

But a major plot point is that he's NOT a prince. Why didn't the genie actually grant his wish? Give him some lands or make a convenient accounting error linking him to the just-deceased and childless king of Bravaristan.

He didn't wish to become a fake prince. Shit genie.
>>
>>78430976
>Having knowledge of a lore is tipping tier
>literally discouraging knowledge
fucking moron
>>
>>78444263

Genie's magic went for the most convenient route by making Aladdins dad the King of Thieves, thereby making Al a "prince".
>>
>>78427840
>why didn't he wish to put Agrabah inside of a bottle.
Lex plz leave
>>
>>78444322
By that logic, Genie should've known about Al's father

More probable, is that Genie isn't powerful enough to change the past or something
or maybe he was just lazy and thought that was enough
>>
>>78444263
He made him a landless or non-inheriting prince. Think Hans from Frozen.
>>
They nerfed Genie Jafar so hard in the sequel, it's not even funny
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.