[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Daredevil drive a car?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: 537ba6f0e2fa3.jpg (164 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
537ba6f0e2fa3.jpg
164 KB, 940x529
Could Daredevil drive a car?
>>
>>78424211

Why would you drive anywhere in NYC? Or really any big city with decent public transportation for that matter..
>>
>>78424211
maybe
>>
File: daredevil-behind-the-wheel.jpg (440 KB, 1312x635) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-behind-the-wheel.jpg
440 KB, 1312x635
>>
Being the lead car at a light would really be the only issue. The sound of air on the highway might fuck with his radar sense
>>
>tfw don't know speed limit
>is the light green or red
>pls turn off the stereo
>honking asshole keeps screwing up my radar
>oh god which turn signal did i just press
>>
>>78424211
No, he lives in New York. Too much traffic.
>>
>>78424243
In American culture, if you don't own a car, you aren't an adult.
They got cucked pretty hard by the automotive industry during the early 20th century.
>>
File: 1358437192805.jpg (301 KB, 902x1369) Image search: [Google]
1358437192805.jpg
301 KB, 902x1369
>>78424211
What are some thing he can't do?
It would be pretty pointless if his super senses could make his blindless comepletely unimportant.
>>
>>78424354

Confirmed for a non-American or highschooler thats never traveled outside his home state.

In rural, small town America you absolutely need a car because towns are designed that way. In big cities it's such a hassle to own a car that most people don't drive at all.

Also Daredevil doesn't need to drive. Everything he could ever want is right in Hell's Kitchen.
>>
>>78424369
Pretty sure he can't do much of anything if it happens to be raining.

Hell even snow or heavy winds would probably fuck up his radar at least a little.
>>
>>78424354
Yeah, not really. Its just that there's a lot of land around and most towns are pretty spread out and have shit public transportation.
>>
>>78424387
>In rural, small town America you absolutely need a car because towns are designed that way
>>78424400
>towns are pretty spread out and have shit public transportation.

So yes.
You were cucked by the automotive industry in the early 20th century when most of this was decided.

You didn't need to have massive small towns.
And your public transports was purposefully dismantled to make room for increased automobile sales.

You don't have a problem with it because you think it's normal, but from an outsider perspective, you guys got fleeced.

But enough about facts.
Let's go back to focusing on fiction.

Daredevil could easily drive depending on how sensitive his radar sense is being written.
Cars are noisy things, so he could easily locate them in space.
But is he sensitive enough to hear which traffic light is on?
Or what side his blinker is on?
>>
>>78424243
If you have the chops for it, swinging across the rooftops is more fun and less hassle.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
No he can't really drive. See attached pic
>>
>>78424497

So you're a foreigner trying to dictate who needs a car in America? Go fuck yourself. Also who the fuck cares about if Daredevil could drive a car? It's so unnecessary. If you've ever been to NYC you would know why you sound so silly.
>>
>>78424497

>You didn't need to have massive small towns

Jealous foreign scum.
>>
>>78424556
>>So you're a foreigner trying to dictate who needs a car in America?
That's not what I'm doing at all.
There are many places in the modern USA that requires the use of an expensive vehicle.

But it didn't have to be that way.
That's all I'm saying.

Also
>American acting like carless life is unique to NYC
The rest of the world finds you silly.
>>
>>78424274
There needs to be an edit where the next panel/page where it's just a crashed car
>>
>>78424497
>And your public transports was purposefully dismantled to make room for increased automobile sales.
Prove it.
>>
Didn't he do this in Man Without Fear?
>>
>>78424758
>Traffic congestion was of such great concern by the late 1930s that the influential Automobile Club of Southern California engineered an elaborate plan to create an elevated freeway-type Motorway System, a key aspect of which was the dismantling of the streetcar lines, replacing them with buses that could run on both local streets and on the new express roads
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Electric#Decline
>>
>>78424326
turn signal isn't a problem since most cars are Up=Right, Down=Left
>>
>>78424806
>ismantling of the streetcar lines
>replacing them with buses
Nigga...
>>
>>78424877
I mean, removing non-car public transportation to allow for roads on which more cars can drive is pretty much exactly what he said
>>
>>78424898
He said they were designed to increase car sales. But people were already buying cars apparently. And public transport is public transport. A lot of cities have decent public transport with only buses. Who gives a shit about fucking streetcars?
>>
>>78425002
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_City_Lines

Look up this.
It was a group of automotive companies that went around buying up streetcar lines and replacing them with roadway.

You guys got fucked and now you're even defending it.
>>
>>78425166
I don't even drive a fucking car.
>>
>>78425186
Your father must be so disappointed in you.
>>
>>78425166
>purchase transportation systems in cities "where street cars were no longer practicable" and replace them with passenger buses

>get rid of public transport
>replace it with more public transport
What a scandal.
>>
>>78424806
Streetcars are terrible for public transit. Subways and buses are definitely superior
>>
>>78425201
God, you're so stupid.
>>
>>78425615
like omg i know rite, what a rube
>>
>>78425615
That shit was about monopolizing bus sales not redesigning cities so people can't walk places, you ass.
>>
File: fg85_1s.jpg (10 KB, 364x240) Image search: [Google]
fg85_1s.jpg
10 KB, 364x240
>>78424211
no, but he can fly a copter
>>
>>78424387
>>78424400
Well that one anon isn't really lying. We did get fucked over by the automotive industry to a certain extent. Medium sized towns are still trying to get their shit together when it comes to bus routes.
>>
The Netflix Daredevil seems to be Marvel's own Riddick, right down to the "advanced vision equals blindness". Basically that guy can even sense color, but it's all turned up to 11 so it can be hard to make sense of the overflow of information.
>>
>>78425826
He really is blind.
He's just extrasensory in ways that the show isn't specific.
He smells cologne off a man on a different level of a building.

Don't think even a bloodhound can do that.
>>
>>78424794
Yea but really badly
>>
>>78424497
>You didn't need to have massive small towns.

yuropoors have no idea how big and empty North America is. I can drive for hours along major highways and not find a town big enough for a movie theatre.
>>
>>78428089
For real.

When I lived in Germany, it blew my mind when I realized that I could literally be in another country in an hour or two.

In the US, that's what one state?
>>
>>78424546
How annoyed are you that you went through the effort of looking up that page and photographing it, only to find it flipped?

Merry Christmas, Anon.
>>
>>78428174
Europe as a whole is only 200,000 square kilometres bigger than Canada. I feel bad for the poor Inuit that were cucked by the evil snowmobile corporations that bought up all the snow and dismantled their dogsleds.
>>
>>78428505
kek
>>
>>78424326
> camera pans outward to show Matt frantically hitting buttons on his dash as he sits idle at a stop sign
>>
File: No.jpg (159 KB, 630x474) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
159 KB, 630x474
>>
I want to get into DareDevil, which is the better run to start with? Not really sure what would be a good hopping on point.

How is Weid's run? And how about Bendis?

Thanks
>>
>>78428944
thank you
>>
>>78428174
>In the US, that's what one state?
That's barely a city
>>
>>78424497
Yuropoor jealous of Americas size detected
>>
>>78428174
If you're lucky. A few times I needed to go somewhere 50min away and I only passed like two cities if even. When you live in the middle of any state 1 hr won't even get you the border of said state.
>>
>>78429060
Waid's run is crap, Bendis run is the best.
>>
>>78429296
america would be in much better condition right now if the states were independent nations
>>
>>78429410
Crap? What did you hate about it so much then? From what I've read in reviews, it seems to be well liked.
>>
>>78424281
he can detect light, knowing which of the three lights at a traffic light is lit wouldn't be hard for him.
The reason we still use three separate lights instead of one color changing one is specifically for color blind people.
>>
>>78429827
And we thank you for it
>>
>>78424211
Yes. And ,ironically, he would have no blindspot.
>>
>>78430030
kek
>>
Read a comic cunt
>>
There is no public transportation at all where I live. In fact, I don't think there is any public transportation, outside of school buses for children, anywhere until the closest city, where its public transportation is... uh... well there are no subways or trains or horses, only independent taxis companies not getting money from the state
>>
>>78429060
Miller's
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.