[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for some comic book recommendations. Something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: The Maxx.jpg (104 KB, 553x553) Image search: [Google]
The Maxx.jpg
104 KB, 553x553
I'm looking for some comic book recommendations. Something with cool looking art, my favorite comic books are the works of Mignola (Hellboy), Moebius (Arzach), Brandon Graham (King City), Tony Sandoval (1000 storms), Enki Bilal (Nikopol Trilogy) and Sam Keith (The Maxx). Don't want any D.C. or Marvel comic books. Also liked Saga, Sandman and Transmetropolitan but wasn't as much of a fan of the art.
>>
>>78421221
orc stain
>>
>>78421221
>Something with cool looking art

Fearless Dawn (including spinoffs The Bomb an the Strange Tales one-shots)
Mr. X (including related titles Electropolis and Terminal City)
Polar
Chandler Red Tide
Sin City
Shaolin Cowboy
Get Jiro!
Appleseed
Akira (Epic Comics version)
Ghost In The Shell
Dominion
Parker
Bambi and Her Pink Gun
Hard Boiled
Ronin
Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot
>>
>>78421572
>Akira (Epic Comics version)
the colored shit? fuck off
>>
>>78421572
>Get Jiro
>Ronin
he said no DC or Marvel, shithead.
>>
>>78421581
The colored version that was done by the original artist and is generally agreed upon to be the best version of the book?

Yeah, that one.
>>
>>78421652
>generally agreed upon
by plebs
>>
>>78421665
>>78421581
>>78421582
>>78421473
OP, this faggot is from /a/. Ignore them.
>>
>>78421682
>you want comics? here, I'll recommend some manga
>at least recommend him the origina-
>NO FUCK YOU /a/ SCUM!
autismus maximus
>>
>>78421682
Yet again with that /a/ boogeyman crap. There is no board culture shut going on, recommendations are simply a bad idea.

>>78421714
It's not my job to give people stuff to read, and it's most certainly not my obligation nor want to force my opinions of media on people.

Look something up, read it, and then form your own opinion. But apparently, that's way too hard for the lot of you brain-dead morons.
>>
>>78421582
>somehow discussion is awful now and any interest in a media you enjoy should be met with extreme hostility

this is why nobody likes you.
>>
>>78421221
Have you ever checked out Stray Toasters? It's a short stand-alone but the art should be for you.
>>
>>78422084
Not him but rec threads never lead to discussion. Never.
>>
>>78421221

>Mignola
>Moebius
>Graham

Eduardo Risso:
- 100 Bullets
- Batman Knight of Vengeance #1-3
- Before Watchmen: Moloch #1-2

Richard Corben:
- Den Saga & The Bodyssey
- his Hellboy and Edgar Allan Poe stuff

>Sam Keith

Simon Bisley:
- Heavy Metal FAKK2
- Authority vs. Lobo 1 & 2, Batman vs. Lobo
>>
>>78421473
Its christmas dude, get in the spirit and fuck off
>>
>>78421572
Thanks, read all the manga, get jiro, ronin and sin city. Will look over the rest.
>>78422240
Read Risso and Bisley, I'll check out Corben.
>>
>>78421221
Try Jacques Tardi's books like Adèle Blanc-Sec or his First World War books.
>>
>>78422084
Recs are what make discussion nigh-impossible on this board.

>>78422262
>HURR IT'S CHRISTMAS
And? That doesn't suddenly make recs any less shit.
>>
>>78421221
100 Bullets
Daytripper
Essex County
East of West
Kingdom Come
Mister X
Prophet
Scud: The Disposable Assassin
The Goon
The Metabarons (and Incal to an extent)
The Marquis

>>78421473
Don't be that faggot, people ask for recommendations all the time on /co/.
>>
>>78421473
/a/ we don't tell you stop trolling recs in your board you don't tell us to stop giving recs in ours.
>>
File: cry elsewhere.jpg (102 KB, 916x690) Image search: [Google]
cry elsewhere.jpg
102 KB, 916x690
>>78425573
Fuck off back to /a/ where you belong shitposter
>>
>>78421221
Good art? Let Cités Obscures

>Don't want any D.C. or Marvel comic books

You are missing out if you don't read Vertigo, and there's some great art in big two stuff if you know where to look.
>>
>>78425591
>>78425600
>/a/
Again with the /a/ shit. I'm not some specialized agent sent by /a/ to menace you, I'm just some dude who's sick and tired of how the board keeps getting worse and worse due to rec threads welcoming undesirable elements. And I'm damn tired of how you're all in such heavy denial of this fact.

Stop helping ignorant casuals ruin the board. Fucking hell.
>>
>>78425676
You want an enemy? Go to generals, to go the various fandom threads where 60% of the regulars actively blog in Tumblr, go to the webcomics threads filled with /v/ expats unwittingly forcing their culture on us, go to the politics threads that get filled with utter retards all the time.

You are seriously deluded if you thing rec threads are any serious influence. Rec threads actually build users as they actually teach them how to appreciate comics.
>>
File: gook cartoons.jpg (73 KB, 512x600) Image search: [Google]
gook cartoons.jpg
73 KB, 512x600
>>78425676
>casuals
sure smells like /a/ to me
>>
>>78425733
>Rec threads actually build users as they actually teach them how to appreciate comics.
Reading comics teach people to appreciate comics. Rec threads only force a hivemind opinion.

>to go the various fandom threads where 60% of the regulars actively blog in Tumblr,
Why should I care if they blog on Tumblr?

>go to the webcomics threads filled with /v/ expats unwittingly forcing their culture on us
You can just ignore them, you know.

>go to the politics threads that get filled with utter retards all the time.
Dealing with /pol/tards is a job for the mods.
>>
>>78425829
>Rec threads only force a hivemind opinion.
The fuck? How is "read this and judge for yourself" forcing a hivemind opinion? Telling people to read a source material literally encourages individual opinion.

>Why should I care if they blog on Tumblr?
Because there's Tumblr expats actively lowering the quality of the board, which you care so much about

>You can just ignore them, you know.
So a rec thread that's rather rare which in your point of view lowers the quality of the board is bad, but a bunch of people aggressively forcing their board culture, which actually encourages mass shitposting, is ok? That is some high level hypocrisy m8.

Or rather, you simply are a newfag from /a/ that doesn't know the first thing about this board and judges it according to the delusional bandwagon standards of yours.
>>
>>78425829
>Dealing with /pol/tards is a job for the mods.
so you don't report posts? How the fuck are the mods supposed to know where the extremists are?
>>
File: 1362616245677.png (117 KB, 230x243) Image search: [Google]
1362616245677.png
117 KB, 230x243
>>78425676
>all the ignorant casual invaders are comic readers, not movie/vidya/waifushitposters
do you even see how assbackwards you seem right now?
>>
>>78421221
/spawn
>>
are there any good medieval/ medieval fantasy comics that arent lotr related or force a stupid gimmick on me like oversexualization? ive done a lot of searching and asked a couple friends but they couldnt help me.
>>
>>78431913
Conan.
>>
File: Conan_the_Barbarian_Vol_2_2.jpg (441 KB, 980x1503) Image search: [Google]
Conan_the_Barbarian_Vol_2_2.jpg
441 KB, 980x1503
>>78431971
>conan
>not overly sexualized
>>
>>78421221
We have a new board for threads like this go there
>>
>>78431913
Demon Knights
Rat Queens
Head Looper
Thor (Straczynski/Coipel)
Thor: God of Thunder
>>
>>78432102

just let it go man
>>
>>78425955
>The fuck? How is "read this and judge for yourself" forcing a hivemind opinion? Telling people to read a source material literally encourages individual opinion.
When you rec something, you are committing what people believe to be an act of charity. Speaking against acts of charity is considered rude in most communities (Want proof? Look at how angry you're getting at me.). So people will be less inclined to think of a comic negatively if someone pointed them to it.

>Because there's Tumblr expats actively lowering the quality of the board, which you care so much about
That's not happening. Morons like you have convinced yourself that Tumblr broke into your house and raped your mouth while you slept.

>So a rec thread that's rather rare which in your point of view lowers the quality of the board is bad, but a bunch of people aggressively forcing their board culture, which actually encourages mass shitposting, is ok? That is some high level hypocrisy m8.
Nobody is forcing any board culture on you. The problem is internal, and it always has been.
>>
>>78425733
rec threads are like generals.
>>
>>78432213
how the fuck is thor medieval fantasy?
>>
>still responding to anti-recs guy

/co/ is so dumb. He does this every damn time. Just ignore him.
>>
>>78432716
it got castles, knights, orcs and shit
>>
File: bro.jpg (29 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
29 KB, 474x595
>Mignola (Hellboy), Moebius (Arzach), Brandon Graham (King City), Tony Sandoval (1000 storms), Enki Bilal (Nikopol Trilogy) and Sam Keith (The Maxx)
Good taste OP
>>
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.