[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. Does anyone read IDW Transformers comics 2. How has transformers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17
File: MTMTE-26.jpg (567 KB, 843x1280) Image search: [Google]
MTMTE-26.jpg
567 KB, 843x1280
1. Does anyone read IDW Transformers comics 2. How has transformers of all things managed to become filled with liberal progtard shit like gay robot marriage and 'girl' transformers everywhere?
>>
They are an entire race of of Sexless humanoid robots, that are the same time majorly Masculine, and have always been able to feel strong emotions.

Is the "gay marriage" thing is not a surprise.
>>
>>78403007
1. There are websites that show the sale numbers
2. Girl robots existed since 1985. Pseudo-gay stuff (they are all genderless, despite their masculine or feminine looks, which makes all relationships purely emotional, not sexual) touches maybe 10 out of over 500 characters.
>>
>>78403007

It was an easy target
>>
>>78403007
The fuck are you on about?

>having a problem with female robots
Yeah, you and your shit taste can fuck off.
>>
>>78403110

Why do the girlformers need their push own special series (windblade) and whole other issues focusing on them? None of the male-looking bots get that kind of attention outside of the occasional spotlight
>>
>>78403171

It was better when Furman's vision was that Arcee was the first and only one. Mairghread Scott and her tumblr brigade have shit all over his official designs with this revisionist retconning.
>>
File: tumblr_ntkjg26Zya1qh4ldjo1_500.jpg (71 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntkjg26Zya1qh4ldjo1_500.jpg
71 KB, 500x484
>>78403007
>>78403068
>>78403359
I was irritated about it at first because I thought it was shitting on continuity and was enjoying how MTMTE was playing with the genderless robot love aspect against the backdrop of pstd-addled, post hyper-utilitarian society.

Yes, Scott feels the need to namedrop that there are "conjunx" everywhichwhere but it doesn't really have much impact on a given story. But as for the book as a whole people are either going to enjoy how "Earthforce meets 4koma" it is or hate it.

But Cybertron being female-free and forgetting about them after millions of years of war actually makes sense as opposed to the colonies if you think of vector sigma as planetary controller partially guided by a collective subconscious (which I think has been established somewhere or other). If Cybertron shifted to millions of years of war and then millions of years of functionism, there would be no drive for pansexual behavior and therefore a limited number of naturally occurring sparks that would skew towards such a norm.

Peaceful colonies on the other hand left cybertron long enough ago that their respective titan hotspots could still theoretically produce naturally occuring transformers whose forms skewed towards a pansexual social model. Or, ya know, violent lesbian amazons if we're considering Elita-1's crew on the Carcer.
>>
>>78403341
Why did boyformers have multiple minis through the years focused on one ir a snall gruop of heroes (Maximum Dinobots, Last Stand of the Wreckers, all the -acy series since Authocracy) and nobody complained, but only now that girlformers get a third of total "screentime" (Windblade runs are 30% Starscream anyway) you do complain?

Plus, Windblade is actually likable. It's nice to see a character who is nice and tries her best to make the world a better place without resorting violence, even if she often fails and most of her victories are bitter.
>>
>>78403341
I donĀ“t know. For sale toys maybe?
>>
>>78403007
> 1
Yes I do

> 2

SJW's have basically infiltrated all comics.

As to female transformers, they were going to go one way, but then Hasbro does what it always does and fucked around with shit and had some vote to make a new transformer. The people that voted wanted a female and Windblade was made.

Most of the other more prominent female transformers shown (Chromia, Moonracer, Firestar, Elita One, Arcee) are from G1.

Airazor and Blackarachnia came from Beast Wars obviously.

Also Primes new female friend looks alot like that female from the Gobots.
>>
>>78404351

Explain the point of females when they don't even fuck.

Sparks come from the matrix (cold construction) or from Cybertron itself (forged sparks).
>>
>>78403359
>unironically spewing "HURR TUMBLR" crap
>unironically sucking Furman's dick
This is why I left the Transformers fanbase. Nothing but TRUK NOT MUNKEY and fedora tippers. Fuck this franchise.
>>
>>78403359
So what happened with Acree? I remember her being introduced as a psychotic former who kept getting pissed the other bots didn't realize they were using female pronouns around her. It all had something to do with an experiment performed on her.
>>
>>78405125
She's still the same, it's just that they introduced 'actual' female Transformers. The new poster girl, Windblade, and Arcee are mutually weirded out by each other.
>>
>>78404884
They're not females in the sexual sense; they're "feminine" in the gendered sense.

Imagine if we lived in a male-only world where we all grew out of cabbage patches and were raised by communes. Maybe some societies would be very greek and all over each others butts and others would be super utilitarian, or any mixture of the two where it might be okay and no one cares or one or the other is more or less frowned upon.

But in this world there can only be asexual people or homosexual people. 1 or 0. Prior to the issue in OP's post, this was IDW TF only the robots can't have sex.

Now imagine cabbage patch world where there are men and women and sexual reproduction is still not a thing, but like the male-only world people still develop parts of their body for sexual pleasure. Regardless of social norms, people would still develop preferences for men, women, whatever they can get, or neither.

From a cultural standpoint there is still aesthetically purpose for gender without the associated need to establish a family dynamic for the purpose of self-preservation. It just isn't the world we live in.
>>
I don't see why this is still such a huge fucking issue for people assuming it's not trolls dredging up the same old shit

The problem is the sheer volume that they introduced in such a short timespan

I was cool with Chromedome and Rewind, it was a new kind of relationship to have in a Transformer comic.

And I was fine with Windblade and Chromia showing up.

But it was like, after they introduced those things, someone decided (whether it was the creators, or influence from the alleged Tumblr Boogeyman) that they had to spam that shit EVERYWHERE all of a sudden.
>>
>>78405608
>But it was like, after they introduced those things, someone decided (whether it was the creators, or influence from the alleged Tumblr Boogeyman) that they had to spam that shit EVERYWHERE all of a sudden.

This. But other than Scott clearly wanting Windblade to be Windblade Universe: Friendship is Cameos, Barber feeling the need to awkwardly use Roberts' concepts, and Roberts wasting 3 issues on tumblr nerdgasming while Milne got the chance to draw fembots and humans for a change... I think the worst of it is over.
>>
>>78405950
>Windblade Universe: Friendship is Cameos
>>
>>78403341
Windblade got her series for the same reason she was a girl, because she was a robot influenced by the masses.
If she'd been a male con truck armed with a flamethrower named Cashtron, there'd have been a series called Cashtron, because they wanted to advertise the fanpolled toy.
>>
>>78405608
Well, it makes sense in a way. Beforehand, it's all been about war. Now the bots have won, Starscream's in charge, Megatron's defected... it's time for peace, love, and phase 7.
>>
>>78405125
She's calmed down since then.
>>
>>78403341
>Why do the girlformers need their push own special series (windblade) and whole other issues focusing on them

Because she was a tranformer whose creation was influenced by fan voting and who is being pushed by Hasbro, the people who help IDW fund the comic (by purchasing large quantities of issues for pack-in toys).

>None of the male-looking bots get that kind of attention outside of the occasional spotlight

Megatron and Optimus in the various ongoings.
>>
>>78407944
Also the two Drift miniseries.
>>
>>78407944
Oh and Drift the other Hasbro funded Gary Stu who has had two MINIS, a Spotlight and an ongoing presence in a bunch of MTMTE issues.
>>
File: spider-man-wedding2.jpg (163 KB, 486x738) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-wedding2.jpg
163 KB, 486x738
>>78407999
Maybe Drift and Windblade should get married

They can do a Spider-Man/MJ marriage cover
>>
File: 1381886587512.jpg (28 KB, 225x315) Image search: [Google]
1381886587512.jpg
28 KB, 225x315
>>78406347
>and phase 7
I'm ready for is.
>>
>>78408182
Only if they have a traditional Japanese wedding,

>>78405950
>Barber feeling the need to awkwardly use Roberts' concepts

Honestly he is probably having more trouble fitting in the crap that Hasbro is forcing on IDW like all the tie-in shit, the enigma, the 13 primes and of course the colonies idea that some idiot from Hasbro have been trying to force on the numerous media franchises since fucking Beast Wars.
>>
>>78403359
Yeah, they let a real airhead into the writers room.
>>
>>78408373
Scott is Hasbro's person there to look out for their corporate interests. That is why she got a book and why she is producing RID.
>>
File: Blackarachnia0228color29.jpg (105 KB, 765x1052) Image search: [Google]
Blackarachnia0228color29.jpg
105 KB, 765x1052
>doesn't like fembots

what are you, new? we've needed more since beast wars came out
>>
>>78408312
To be fair, individually, those things aren't necessarily bad

Well, except for the Enigma. I don't get why, after 30 years, we suddenly need a magic macguffin to explain why teams can become gestalts.

Hell, even before it showed up, the Aerialbots combined spontaneously.
>>
>>78408438
No wonder RID sucks.
>>
>>78408460
Because the Enigma is from the Binder of Revelations that Hasbro spent a small fortune writing and which everyone else tried to ignore because it was terrible fanfiction.

>>78408468
She is strictly b-list. Ditto for Beechen which makes me think RID is probably a placeholder until they finish developing a new media strategy (and show) for TFs after the failure of Prime.
>>
>>78408569
>everyone else tried to ignore because it was terrible fanfiction.
Yet everyone praises MTMTE which it literally the same thing.
>>
File: MTMTE2_Tailgate.jpg (29 KB, 327x394) Image search: [Google]
MTMTE2_Tailgate.jpg
29 KB, 327x394
>>78403007
>How has transformers of all things managed to become filled with liberal progtard shit

The only progtard shit in the IDW comics that doesn't make even a little sense is all the transgender transformers.

I mean, how they fuck can you be a transgendered robot? The transformers by nature have no sex or genders and thus choose which gender they want (unless they're Arcee).

So what? Do the transgender transformers choose to be a male robot that identifies as female?

This is why you can't fucking shoehorn real life LGBTQ bullshit topics into fantasy sci-fi settings. It doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
>>78408717
That was Simon Furman's idea. And he is not exactly a SJW.
>>
>>78408717
...What are you on about?
>>
>>78408717
>The transformers by nature have no sex or genders and thus choose which gender they want (unless they're Arcee).

IDW Arcee is a transsexual Transformer, not a transgender Transformer.

She originally identified as male, but was experimented on by Jhiaxus so that she would send out a signal that made all others identify her as female no matter what.

it was fuckin stupid, but it's canon.
>>
>>78408750
>...What are you on about?

IDW writer made Tailgate a Transgender

>http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tailgate_(G1)#Notes

He didn't think it through enough so there's no explanation how it works. IDW Tailgate is a female robot who identifies as male?

They refer to Tailgate by male pronouns in the comic, but in the IDW script reading he was voiced by Susan Blu and I don't fucking know. Roberts put no thought into it beyond "TRANSGENDERS! LOOK AT HOW PROGRESSIVE I AM!"
>>
>>78408750

Transgender Transformers are the big thing, now.

Ask Vector Prime (which is officially licensed by Hasbro) just did a big thing on Transgender Transformers.

>Dear Vector Prime, Do you know of any transgender Cybertronians in Axiom Nexus?

>I did once attend a lecture, given by a Primax Cluster Arcee about this topic. In her home dimension, the war had ended early relative to most dimensions, but lasted long enough for Cybertron to open relations with several organic planets. Arcee was a biologist protoformed with a male frame, and sent to observe some of these worlds post-war. On one world they had gone onto, Arcee stumbled upon what organics call "gender dysphoria disorder" and studied this phenomenon closely. Originally Arcee was fascinated by the organics "transformation", but eventually realized her interested stemmed from her own transgender nature. Going back to Cybertron, she released a document on this, and soon many other Cybertronians took on her research. There were differences in how Cybertronians interacted with this new idea-the Decepticon Overlord, for example, is what some would call genderfluid. Others referred to themselves with feminine pronouns, but felt no need for reformatting, such as the Decepticon Howlback. And others experienced massive dysphoria, as Arcee did, a result of a disconnect by the programming for the brain chip and spark by Vector Sigma and the CNA of the body forms. Those who chose do do so underwent reformatting and replace bits a pieces of their genetic code to help the process along.
>>
>>78408965
That is Funpub fiction. No one pays attention to that except Walky (and only because his ilk write that shit).
>>
>>78408612
>literally the same thing

In that it's fanfiction yes

But it's not terrible
>>
File: Trashmaster.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Trashmaster.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>78408965
>Ask Vector Prime

And in the trash it goes.
>>
>>78408855
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard
>>
>>78408717
>>78408808
>>78408855
>>78408965

So all I'm getting is that transgendered Cybertronians exist, but no one can explain how they work or what even makes them "transgendered" within the realm of how we know sex and gender works in Cybertronian culture.

So they're just using it as a buzz word and for media attention without actually putting thought or effort into it.

Gotcha. IDW really is the fuckin worst.
>>
>>78403007
>transformers
>gay robot marriage

this cannot possibly be real.
>>
>>78409058
>IDW really is the fuckin worst.
I really wish Dreamwave had been run by someone else. It would still be with us today.
>>
>>78409009
>That is Funpub fiction. No one pays attention to that

Most of the people who work on funpub also work for IDW (and Ask Vector Prime).

It's a circlejerk of fanfiction.
>>
>>78409097

>GEEWUUN FANWANK

Yeah no I'd rather have gay fucking robots that whatever the fuck Dreamwave was.
>>
File: 250px-TheGloaming-iloveyou.jpg (27 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
250px-TheGloaming-iloveyou.jpg
27 KB, 250x252
>>78409063
It is
>>
File: TheGloaming-iloveyou.jpg (105 KB, 494x497) Image search: [Google]
TheGloaming-iloveyou.jpg
105 KB, 494x497
>>78409063
>this cannot possibly be real.

Chromedome and Rewind, two male Transformers (who identify as males), are married in the IDW universe.

They made up a special term for it and everything.

>http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Conjunx_Endura
>>
File: Rite_of_oneness.jpg (468 KB, 864x573) Image search: [Google]
Rite_of_oneness.jpg
468 KB, 864x573
>>78409063
It's a simple thing. When they have the same gender (either female, null, or any others out there) and form a long term romantic relationship, they perform a ritual much like getting married.

I like to imagine it as similar to the Rite of Oneness from the old marvel comics.
>>
So IDW has given us

>Homosexual Transformers
>Transsexual Transformers
>Transgendered Transformers

I could live with the first two, since they were somewhat reasonable within the logic of a robot society, but that third one is just fuckin retarded.

Nope. No thanks, IDW. I'll pass on your shitty pandering comics.
>>
>>78409108
Good thing Funpub is going to cease to exist then.
>>
>>78409281
>Good thing Funpub is going to cease to exist then.

Really? They couldn't keep in business a few more years by selling everyone's credit card numbers again?
>>
>>78409108
>Most of the people who work on funpub also work for IDW (and Ask Vector Prime).

Other than maybe Josh Burcham who works as an artist they don't. In fact IDW last I heard had a pretty strict clear policy of rejecting all the shit that Walky submits to them.

Ask Vector Prime is run more by the morons at Allspark who a) hate actual transgendered people and have in the past expressed extreme racist sentiment to actual ethnic minorities b) want to claim to be pre-op transgendered as a status symbol to duck out of the actual responsibilities of life and cry oppression by muh patriarchy.
>>
>>78409309
Legend goes the contract is expiring at the end of 2016 and Hasbro gave Funpub a firm "No Thank You" as a Christmas present.
>>
>>78409335
>hate actual transgendered people

And yet AVP just >>78408965

So it looks like they're ready to pander.

And anyway, I thought AVP was run by the faggots at TFWiki?
>>
>>78409335
>want to claim to be pre-op transgendered
Like Summer and Kira Kira? I figured that answer had their hands all over it.
>>
>>78409380

They'll always have GI Joe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>78409250
I'm not sure where the transgender thing is coming from. Tailgate is voiced by a woman, so what. Tailgate's never been shown to identify with a particular gender, male or female.

And holomatter avatar gender is being made a lot more important than it should be. Especially as it's a template.
>>
>>78409335

From what I've glanced over in their Politics and Religion board, most of the Allspark fucker are liberal to the extreme.

Like, they think curing diseases is morally wrong because it destroys the culture of the people stricken with those diseases (ie; we should stop trying to cure autism because that's ableist).

They're dangerously liberal.
>>
>>78409404
But they won't.
>>
Transgendered is not a word.
>>
>>78409385
Actually it seems that both the allspark and tfwiki hate AVP, viewing it as attempting to get shit into canon.

Of course, then they'll gush over it when it legitimises their own canon, like with Shattered Glass Howlback.
>>
>>78409485
He's retired admin now since he almost died and got the diabeetus.
>>
>>78409385
>>78409399
The person who wrote that shit (KK) has literally said horrible shit about actual transgendered people (equating them to being fake) in the past.
>>
>>78409504

75% of Ask Vector Prime is just Jim Sorenson asking himself questions and then answering them with excerpts of his fanfiction so that his stories are immediately canonized.
>>
>>78409510
>At least through our children's robot comics.

Children don't read these comics anon. Hipster teens read them.
>>
>>78409522
>He's retired admin now since he almost died and got the diabeetus.

Wow. Karma IS real.
>>
>>78409504
This was apparently written by several of the main weirdos at Allspark including apparently Kira Kira and Alexis Escargon.
>>
>>78409522

>Cheetimus Primal has life-threatening diabetes.

That just made my Christmas.
>>
>>78408808
>IDW Arcee is a transsexual Transformer, not a transgender Transformer.
>She originally identified as male, but was experimented on by Jhiaxus so that she would send out a signal that made all others identify her as female no matter what.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Arcee's a legit trannie now? Oh god please tell me you're joking.
>>
Arcee is trangender, not transsexual. Transformers, at least in IDW, don't have sexes.
>>
File: TFvsJoe7_regcvr.jpg (137 KB, 472x727) Image search: [Google]
TFvsJoe7_regcvr.jpg
137 KB, 472x727
Fuck everything, Praise Ultra Magnus, the God of Death!
>>
>>78409696
>Arcee is trangender, not transsexual. Transformers, at least in IDW, don't have sexes.

What happened to Arcee is a little closer to Transsexuals than transgenders.

She underwent an operation that forcefully turned her into a different gender and she can never undo it. Even if she tells everyone else that she's actually male, they'll still use female pronouns because of the signal she emits that tells them she's female.

Meanwhile, Tailgate and others can just choose to identify as whatever gender they want and everyone around them will roll with it.

Arcee's a special case.
>>
>>78409813

Most of that shit is a retcon, though.

Originally, in the actual Spotlight Arcee comic, it is stated that no Cybertronian ever identified as female before Jhiaxus operated on her and turned her into the first female Transformer.

All this shit with there being tons of fembots and Cybertronians having always had the option to choose their genders is a retcon deliberately written to overwrite the Arcee Spotlight origin.
>>
>>78409878
Yes, but it also didn't make sense until now either, because if they didn't have a concept of female, how could they have the native terms to describe it?
>>
>>78406642
Not in Sins of the Wreckers.
>>
File: Beach_Wars_by_weremole.jpg (306 KB, 585x825) Image search: [Google]
Beach_Wars_by_weremole.jpg
306 KB, 585x825
>>78403007
>liberal progtard shit like gay robot marriage and 'girl' transformers everywhere?

Excuse me, are you shitting on the existence of sexy fembots, you fucking turbo faggot?
>>
>>78410225

Airazor was the first transgender transformer.
>>
>>78410604
Fuck off
>>
>>78409633
Furman wasn't joking.
>>
>>78411427
Furman is the savior of Transformers and we need him now more than ever.
>>
>>78411710
>Wanting stale writing.
Nah. He should just stick to specials.
>>
>>78411710
>People prefer that female transformers be limited to a single anomaly created by a mad scientist in a weird, incredibly awkward, transgender parallel instead of there just being robots who want to look like chicks with hips and tits because it floats their boat.

Are you for serious right now family?
>>
>>78412544

Historically, Furman is the ONLY Transformers writer who has ever had a hangup about female Transformers. he's the only one who thinks there needs to be an explanation justifying their existence.

In the Marvel comics, he wrote a story explaining that the Autobots built Arcee to appease human feminists as a gesture of goodwill (seriously).

And in IDW, he wrote a story explaining Arcee as a transsexual anomoly created by a mad scientist.

EVERY OTHER Transformers writer? "Yeah, if there are boy robots then I guess there can be girl robots, too. They don't need a special justification."

Furman has problems.
>>
Girls shouldn't be in Transformers because Transformers are for little boys. Girls should stick with their own things.
>>
>>78412906
Exactly, like those horse things.
>>
>>78412853
>Furman has problems.

And there are a multitude of transfags who agree and holler "femmebots make no sense!"

You never see this kind of shit in other properties based around robots. When was the last time someone griped "how can Mega Man have a sister?" or "Why does Ultron want to build a wife? He's a genderless robot!

This whole fandom has problems
>>
>>78413915
I think having mostly no fembots for the majority of the properties lifespan has drawn in these types and were seeing them now as crusty old jaded basement dwellers. Hopefully they'll die off before too much longer.
>>
>>78414148
>I think having mostly no fembots for the majority of the properties lifespan

G1 introduced like 4 or 5 in it's second season
And then Arcee was a major character for the third season
Beast Wars had a femmebot as one of it's major characters
There were a ton of girls in Animated (though admittedly none of them were important, but they were there)
Aligned really pushed Arcee and Strongarm
and the animes had at least two afaik (I never watched the animes, but I know that they were there)

So unless these crusty old basement dwellers are the quintessential GEEWUNers and refuse to count anything that wasn't season 1 or Furman (and I;m not saying they aren't), that argument holds no water.
>>
>>78408855
Is it weird that in my head canon English Tailgate has a male VA and a female seiyuu?
>>
>>78414279
I knew someone would get all autistic over that statement which is why I said "mostly no fembots". You know most of those dicks gloss over them anyway as if they don't count.
>>
File: 1404516875664.gif (903 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1404516875664.gif
903 KB, 267x200
>>78405428
> They're not females in the sexual sense; they're "feminine" in the gendered sense.

They have perky metal tits and birthing hips

>>78408855
> IDW script reading

what? where the fuck is this?

>>78409097
Fuck.... That's still a sore wound. War Within was the shit

> mfw
>>
>>78416371
>They have perky metal tits and birthing hips
That's just the human artists interpreting the robots.
>>
>>78412853
Is Furman the one that wrote that strawman feminist short comic where women were bitching at the Autobots for not having women on the crew, and Optimus was all "Women, amirite folks?". Also that other one where an Autobot starts praising a group of humans for their work and the humans, who are angry feminists for some reason, complain that he's just patronizing them because they're women?

I think he might legit have problems with the lady folk.
>>
>>78412544
Look anon I'm ok with several female transformers, but I need a rational reason. At this point the female transformers seem way too gimicky (especially given this female media push i've seen all throughout 2015). Even the DJD got a brand spanking new female transformer.

What's more, you can't go from the spotlight issue all the way to Dark Cybertron saying "yeah there's only one female transformer", Then come out and say "tee hee we there were a bunch of female transformers".

Why didn't any of the colonies get the pulsewave explained in the death of Optimus Prime?
>>
File: Vathlo.jpg (29 KB, 220x252) Image search: [Google]
Vathlo.jpg
29 KB, 220x252
>>78416955
>rational reason

Simple. They were all on an island somewhere.
>>
>>78416767
Yes thats him. And also the "women aren't natural or logical" guy.
>>
Fuck faggots and trannies and fuck anyone who panders to the sick fucks.
>>
>>78416955
>Why didn't any of the colonies get the pulsewave explained in the death of Optimus Prime?
Because of shit writing. Both in the past and present.
>>
File: Transformers vs. G.I. Joe.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>78403007
I only read Transformers vs GI Joe because it is some of the best shit ever.
>>
>>78419006
They killed the best of the cons. Now no one will ever hear Soundwave's beautiful voice again.
>>
>>78419165
Did you read the latest issue?

Soundwave is back, sorta.
>>
>>78419172
Yeah, hence the remark about his voice, now he's little more than a zombie.
>>
>>78405115
If anything OP is pure TRUKK NOT MUNKEY. He's got a fixed idea of what it should be and he's determined to tell everybody how exactly they're wrong because the alternative is... finding something else to do with his time.

>implying there's a problem with Furman's joke story about why Arcee exists

It's a pink toy aimed at getting girls to buy Transformers. He was asked to explain it through fiction. It seemed weird to him that there would only be one girl Transformer; no, he didn't have tapes of the tv show to watch. It was the 80s, you had reruns or nothing, not Netflix and chill.

Keep jacking that TFG Furman hate tho, that's really making you look smart. Everybody loves a contextless argument.

>>78404723
>SJW's have basically infiltrated all comics.

It sells, then. This year has been the biggest in a long time. Maybe since the late 90s. Congratulations, you're an irrelevancy in the real world.
>>
>>78409414
>>Holo Avatar

Yeah, considering that Whirl's is a eye patch wearing loli girl, it's like saying that you identify as female if you ever had a female character in a MMO.

I just chalk it up to IDW wanting to be trendy like the Big Two and that they can do whatever the fuck they want as a core audience will buy it no matter what.
>>
>>78420261
Yeah, the voice isn't the same.
>>
>>78409190
There's so many things I loathe about IDW, but so many of it happens under Robert's issues.

>The awful washed out coloring jobs
>the constant forcing of psuedo latin to sound DEEP
>"Empurata" - The answer to the question nobody ever asked: "WHY do Shockwave and Whirl have mono-eye faces". Forces transformers to have a base same look and make FREAKISH OUTLIERS
>EBIL OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT
>Monoformers is an actual thing: Transformers who reject the very notion of transforming
>Rung, everything about him
>vilifying transforming with a character who is apparently OBSESSED with it like he gets high off of doing it
>EBIL COUNCIL that claimed you were only as important in life as whatever you turned in, nevermind that reformatting is a constant thing in transformers.
>taking established characters and writing them however he wants because "eh who cares"
>Star Saber
>"oh shit I've been writing Ultra Magnus out of character this whole time IT WASN'T HIM, IT WAS ME DIO THE WHOLE TIME but keep calling me Ultra Magnus even though I'm literally not"
>>
>>78421822
You said it better than I could.
>>
>>78416482
I want in-story answers. I know why they've pushed for females and all this gay shit IRL. But its shit tier pandering until it has a reason in-story
>>
>>78403359
That story sucked.
>>
>>78409250
Transgendered Transformer seems like it'd be a pretty easy concept to do, I mean they're already robots that can turn into other things.
>>
>>78416955
The rational reason is they're anthropomorphic robots and people have men and women. Do you need an explanation for why they have faces?
>>
>>78421822
>EBIL OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT
>Monoformers is an actual thing: Transformers who reject the very notion of transforming

I don't see how these are bad things

>taking established characters and writing them however he wants because "eh who cares"
>Star Saber

This is only bad if the new characterization sucks. Which in a lot of cases it doesn't.
I'm enjoying "true patriot" Cyclonus a lot more than "Galvatron's punching bag" Cyclonus. I do have issues with where his relationshit with Tailgate is going. I liked it at first when it seemed to me to be more like a grudging father figure than a potential lover
And Star Sabre was a pretty cool villain.

>EBIL COUNCIL that claimed you were only as important in life as whatever you turned in, nevermind that reformatting is a constant thing in transformers

They explained this. At the time of the funtionist council, only the well-to-do elite class really had the option for changing bodies. Average citizens were stuck in their God-given bodies.

>vilifying transforming with a character who is apparently OBSESSED with it like he gets high off of doing it

Straw-grasping for complaints. Nobody but you sees Tarn's addiction as being a "vilification" of transforming.

>"oh shit I've been writing Ultra Magnus out of character this whole time IT WASN'T HIM, IT WAS ME DIO THE WHOLE TIME but keep calling me Ultra Magnus even though I'm literally not"
>"Empurata" - The answer to the question nobody ever asked: "WHY do Shockwave and Whirl have mono-eye faces"

legitimate complaints.
Look at all the fucked up body types for NAILs. Shockwave and Whirl didn't need a reason to look weird. They literally only did it because "I want Shockwave to be Optimus' friend. His SEXY friend. And I can't DO that if he was always a cold, logical cyclops."
Also, while I actually like Minimus Ambus, I can see why Ultra Magnus fans would be pissed over being told their favorite character was dead
>>
>>78404351
shut the fuck up lush city
>>
>>78424927
Keep your forum drama off here. We don't need your kind shitting up the place.
>>
>>78423136
No. Just why they have gender and some have female features when they should not be necessary.

>>78413915
Megaman, his sister, and dog are all man made.

Transformers are not.
>>
>>78426193
They have male features that are equally unnecessary. They're robot people, and people are men and women. There's no real reason they should be humanoid at all, especially when their creators weren't.
>>
>>78426193
>Transformers are not.

Right.

They're also space aliens created by "magic."

They inherently don't make sense, period
>>
>>78424903
Except the Magnus we saw for IDW was Minimus for the most part. Minimus is the real Magnus as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>78427041
This. Minimum has been Magnus longer than anyone else so he IS Magnus to me as well.
>>
>>78424989
4chan is inherently shit, so you're a little late on that.
>>
>>78429035
And yet still less shit than the forums and their faggotry.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.