[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is John Byrne's Iron Man worth reading? Got an Amazon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: portrait_incredible.jpg (22 KB, 216x324) Image search: [Google]
portrait_incredible.jpg
22 KB, 216x324
Is John Byrne's Iron Man worth reading?

Got an Amazon gift card coming my way for Christmas and was thinking about getting the recent Epic Marvel TPB collecting his entire run.

Is it any good/worth reading?
>>
Just buy The Dragon Seed Saga TPB.

Iron Man #270-275 was the only decent bit from the Byrne Iron Man run.

Armor Wars II is shit; an INO sequel that has nothing to do with the original Armor Wars storyline and the ending is one of the worst fucking endings one can imagine. There is also a BS retelling of Iron Man's origin where Mandarin turns out to have been the one holding Tony prisoner all along.
>>
>>78389426
Kill yourself faggot.

People should be allowed to ask for recommendations. Stop acting like an /a/sshole elites shit
>>
>>78389428
I'll defend Armor Wars II for the art.

John Romita's Iron Man run was great artwise and worth owning.
>>
It's a mix bag. Byrne mainly writes, Romita draws the first half and Paul Ryan draws the second half.

The Mandarin stuff is good but Armor Wars II is hit and miss. The ending is crap (spoiler, it's an unnamed random bad guy we never see again) and as >>78389428 said. it's an in name only sequel.
>>
>>78389664
But you are fucking DENYING people to ask about certain runs on comics.

You are the one censoring shit.

Hence why you need to be raped by a pack of wild niggers this Christmas, since you are trying to silence actual constructive conversation about comics on a comic board.
>>
>>78389779
Ignore the faggot >>78389664. He's probably pissed off that his attempt at silencing criticism of Bendis with crappy ass copypaste "Bendis is great" crap failed miserably to silence Bendis' critics on this place.
>>
>>78389664
Shouldn't you be on /a/, making that board a worthless piece of shit with this crap? No need for your fail and AIDS to spread beyond your containment board.
>>
>>78389375
>Iron Man comics
>worth reading
>>
I didn't know Armor Wars 2 was in name only. Time to read that for delicious JrJr

since it's an Iron Man thread, what's McDonnell's run? Suicide Squad has me itching and I've heard his Iron Man is even better
>>
>>78389851
Some Iron Man shit is worth reading. The Layton, Micheline, and Busiek runs are pretty good.
>>
>>78389856
Been here for nearly a decade cunt lips.

I've seen cunts like you on /a/ make that board hell on Earth. Now cunt lips like you try and import your cancer here because you want to kill all converstation in favor of pedophie waifu worship.

If I could, I'd shoot you in your cunt lipped face. But you are such a sad, pathetic cunt you aren't worth the price of a bullet.
>>
>>78389375
I didn't even know he did a run on the book.
>>
>>78389858
IIRC McDonnell drew Denny O'Neil's run (around #160-200). The writing is great but McDonnell's arc is pretty blah.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.