[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Deadpool TV Spot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 640x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 640x345
X goin give it ta ya!

"It" being pretty shitty Colossus voice acting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_eM0wa30Sc&ebc=ANyPxKrITIPAO8_cPNHj4RH_j1SnYgEZuog8eGCe5jePNsrXSUrUroposHmVNo3NwvMMldkkv1yJSR9A7zFxcXGWi_lv_s2M2g
>>
File: 1371752006375.png (269 KB, 1340x2284) Image search: [Google]
1371752006375.png
269 KB, 1340x2284
>>78389210

>Pool, Dead
>I only have ten bullets, so you're gonna have to share.

Alright, those were good.
>>
File: 1441223087722.jpg (188 KB, 380x514) Image search: [Google]
1441223087722.jpg
188 KB, 380x514
Jesus... that sounds awful.
>>
>>78389210
that sounded like Arnold but not in a good way
>>
This movie is either going to be a complete trainwreck or sort of alright.
>>
File: x.jpg (160 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
160 KB, 773x1000
>>78389210
X gon give it to ya!
>>
>>78389210
>X Gon' Give It to Ya in an X-men movie
>is not for rightclops

Well fuck
>>
>>78389340
It's going to be a wonderful train wreck.
>>
>>78389210
My normie friend who doesn't give a shit about superheroes can't stop posting about Deadpool on facebook and telling me about how great the character is.

I don't get it, why is he so popular with normies? Even normies that don't usually care for capeshit.
>>
>>78389453
>why is he so popular with normies?
He's "unconventional"...relative to their informed idea of superheroes and comics, so he's new and with it, so they're with him.
Even though he's been with superhero comics for some time which they've been dismissing ironically. Or aptly.
>>
>>78389453
Because Waypool
>>
>>78389453
Because public perception is he's LOLSORANDUMB!XD
>>
I think /co/ is going to hate it even if it's good.
>>
>>78389378
That would be the most forced pun in the movie, easy.
And they can't even use the Force while Disney sits on that, too..
>>
>>78389453

memes

and I don't mean the ones that Fox and Marvel are trying to push out today

It starts with out of context panels shared through reddit/9gag/facebook/etc that are funny. Then with 'hilarious' cosplayers doing 'wacky' stuff in cons, that also are shared through the internet in videos and gifs. Then the people that become 'fans' of deadpool just learn how 'deep' Wade actually is through reddit/Wikipedia/tumblr where his 'using humour as a shield from his hard life!'

I know this because I have countless (because I never bothered to count) arguments with Deadpool fans that confuse their universes when explaining the bio of the character and why they like him. (616 DP, MAX DP and DP kills the Marvel universe all mixed up in one 'normie' Deadpool)
>>
>>78389453
Waypool turned him into a meme.

Look at all the Deadpool cosplayers at conventions doing LOLSORANDUMB things.
>>
>>78389494
>>78389512
>>78389535
Probably, she said Deadpool and Jessica Jones are her favorite superheroes because "they don't give a fuck/don't take things seriously".

So I guess the whole unconventional "lel capes are pretty dumb" superheroes are pretty appealing to those who are not really into comics? Beats me.
>>
>>78389592
There is a challenger coming in, though.
A new meta, if you will.
>>
File: gwenpool-wtf-613624.jpg (31 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool-wtf-613624.jpg
31 KB, 500x410
>>78389655
Forgot the fucking picture.
>>
>>78389665
The ultimate meme character.
>>
>>78389665
What even started this whole Gwen fad, I wasn't paying attention. I know the Spider-Gwen comic happened but why even?
Gwen has not mattered since Ultimate and Spectacular TAS, and even there she hardly mattered. In fact she was dead in Ultimate for a bit until symbiote clone shenanigans.
>>
>>78389612
Then she's just an ignorant ass and you should treat her like such.

Both of those characters are mediocre examples of their specific type of cape deconstruction.

Just be content to get in a correction here or there or try and get her to actually read the comics.
>>
>>78389453
>meme wacky humour
>Anti-hero
>Outcast
>Dark origin story and large interaction with the marvel universe
>Kills
>4th wall jokes

It's ripe for 15 year olds.
>>
>>78389665

Literally Deadpool without any of the things that make him an interesting or redeemable.

It's like they took Deadpool and squeezed anything worthwhile out of him, leaving only the memes and the Waypool of it all.
>>
>>78389706

It was an interesting one shot of an alternate universe Spider-Man. A ton of people just latched onto it for some reason, speculators drove the price of the issue way up, and Marvel capitalized on it and pushed the shit out of Spider-Gwen.
>>
>>78389706
Spider-Gwen made sense because Spider-Verse allowed alternate spiders based on fun twists of the character. An obvious alternate universe is one where Peter's dead love interest becomes the spider totem and Peter dies.
cue cool costume and absurd internet hype overshadowing the edge books that were actually good
>>
>>78389706
They made Gwen-themed variants as a joke about the Spider-Gwen comic.
People latched onto the Gwenpool design.
So Marvel gave her small stories in other books.
People were pleased. Apparently they now expect financial gain from an ongoing about this character created backwards from the final design.
She is a realworlder who somehow landed in 616 and now tries to not get killed by being a protagonist and gaming the system. Also she has little empathy for these characters she knows to be fictional.
>>
Ok the main conflict seems to be that his GF got kidnapped.
Have we had a super hero movie where that was the MAIN conflict yet?
>>
I wish I knew what that weird program is that collects data about the words used most in a thread and puts them into this neat little graphic in which words used more often appear bigger.
Because your people's spouting of "Waypool" and "memes" is fucking idiotic.
>>
>>78389809
>Literally Deadpool

>is an ordinary girl from another universe
>has no healing factor, cancer or training
>all of her knowledge comes from comics and youtube
>is trying to game Narrative Causality to survive
>can't interact with the 4th wall, just considers the people of 616 to be fictional
>doesn't care about money, does merc jobs because she needs exposure to survive

she's way too far removed from Deadpool to be considered 'just deadpool, but...'
>>
>>78389378
That is some shitty fetish art
>>
>>78389963
look up 'word cloud generator'
>>
>>78389976
Nah. She's Peadpool with absolutely nothing Deadpool to her but the rough design of the costume and the name.
Everyone knows that costume design and name make a character. The person in the costume is completely secondary to optics.
>>
>>78390077
she looks more like a hydra agent than a deadpool
>>
That bullet joke was so much better than the awful red suit joke.
>>
>>78389512
>>78389592
A lot of people give Way shit for how he wrote Deapool, but it honestly wasn't that bad. He did randomish shit, more than og DP. When he was alone, and away from the other characters, he's still have his inner moments of goo character development. I also feel like Way's version is the natural evolution of Deadpool, From badguy for hire, to badguy trying to do good an failing, to unstable wreck doing good and ocasionally suceeding, to random funny crazy man who does good in a weird off way and suceeds often enough. I haven't read past it, but it seems to be trending in the same way and I feel like he's one of the few comic capes to get a solid on going character arc.

>>78389976
So...she's become aware she's in a book and games the rules of nature to not die and succeed? And she HAS to keep succeeding or she'll get killed ala comic book rules?
>>
>>78390067
Thank ye.
>>
>>78389210
Did they know Arnie isn't Russian?
>>
>>78390152
>So...she's become aware she's in a book and games the rules of nature to not die and succeed? And she HAS to keep succeeding or she'll get killed ala comic book rules?

In-universe, yes.
I don't think they will directly kill her off if sales aren't good.
>>
>>78390195
His new voice actor is Croatian.

Which yeah, still isn't Russian.
>>
Look, I hate Waypool, but people spouting "m-memepool movie" are morons. This kind of writing reminds me of Kelly's run, and if the leaked script is anything to go by, the whole movie will resemble kellypool. People need to realize that the way cape films are marketed, don't always show the quality of the film itself. Ant-Man is a good example of that.
>>
File: 1439890709199.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1439890709199.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
This movie was in pre-production for so long it's practically a time capsule, with the 90's pop reference jokes and music. Still looks good though.
>>
>>78389379
Fuck rightclops
>>
>>78389976

don't forget that she got a superhero costume in order to gain plot armor
>>78390152
apparently she comes from a universe like ours where marvel comics are published
>>
>>78390440
Had I gone by the German trailers, I would not have watched Ant-Man.
The audio direction is terrible, the voice acting has clearly been done in absence of the full movie and the sound level is simply off the charts, blasting you away on YT.
It even made me want to retroactively hate the movie when I got bombed with trailers after the launch.
>>
>>78390515
And she reads Ms. Marvel.
So she can tease the Kekmala
>>
>>78389294
Just like you
>>
>>78389210
>>78389378
>>78389379
So uh...Did white people like just suddenly discover this song or something?
>>
>>78392822
It's a Cyclops meme senpai.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.