[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which characters have been extremely bastardized in cape? Aside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: venom spaceknight.jpg (83 KB, 500x736) Image search: [Google]
venom spaceknight.jpg
83 KB, 500x736
Which characters have been extremely bastardized in cape?

Aside from the ones who had movies, like Star-Lord.
>>
All of them.
>>
As a long time fan of Venom I'm not troubled at all by how he's seen and written today, just so long as it's not Bendis writing him.
>>
>>78389051
seconded
>>
File: 1400077021312.jpg (47 KB, 247x372) Image search: [Google]
1400077021312.jpg
47 KB, 247x372
>>78388579
I miss lethal protector
>>
>>78388579
Honestly I like him as Space Knight. Seems a neat role for Flash, explores Cosmic a bit, ties in lots of versions of Venom.

It could be so much worse.
>>
>>78388579
Venom has gone through so many changes nothing phases me about him anymore.
>>
>>78388579
KLYNTAR!
>>
>>78389187
>just so long as it's not Bendis writing him.

Any character does better when they are from away from him.

>>78388579
I'm not really digging the costume but the idea of venom space knight might be cool.
>>
i like it
>>
>>78389593
...What if they exposed him to the Terrigan Mists and changed the symbiote completely along with Flash. Would that unnecessary change phase you?
>>
>>78391492
>flash is actually an inhuman so it changes him
>symbiote is actually a mutant so its being killed slowly

Sure why the fuck not
>>
>>78391569
>Flash's inhuman powers is a brand new symbiote suit
Just to fuck things up even more
>>
>>78389325
me too anon...me too.
>>
>>78393941
AGENT ANTI-VENOM!
>>
>>78391492
How would the mists even affect symbiotes?
>>
Haven't read any of the stuff with Venom in space yet but I never understood how some people could get butthurt from it. Pete got the Symbiote in space, the revelation that it's an alien is decades old by this point.
>>
>>78394994
Stop.
>>
>>78389593
And notice how most of these changes have been because of Flash and Marvel has no idea what to fucking do with him. At least Brock had one look and idea and stuck to it.
>>
File: Anti-Venom.png (842 KB, 1000x611) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Venom.png
842 KB, 1000x611
>>78388579
Oh cry me a river.

If you're complaining about the Venom Symbiote becoming Agent Venom, then that's one of the best things that's happened to the character in years. The Space Knight fling is a breath of fresh air, like >>78389187 and >>78389410 state. As long as the writer understands the new premise of the change, then it's fine.

Instead of bitching and whining about "Muh Characters" OP, you should be wondering about the possibility of interesting/entertaining characters returning to comics.

Pic Related.
>>
>>78395449
I'm pretty sure OP was talking about the whole retconin of making the symbiotes a slimy green lantern corps and erase their past of brain eating monsters.
>>
File: Ben (Grab the Dank) Carson.jpg (190 KB, 669x669) Image search: [Google]
Ben (Grab the Dank) Carson.jpg
190 KB, 669x669
>>78395528
In that case, I can understand his frustration.

Except that retcon doesn't fucking interfere with Venom's origins. the Venom Symbiote was locked away on Battleworld because it was defective amongst it's people. The reasoning may have changed (too violent instead of not violent enough), but it still works perfectly.

I don't understand why people are so fixated on the idea of the Symbiotes being fucking evil body-snatchers or why some people have a fetish for/want to be bonded to one.

It's sick.
>>
>>78395630
I'd love to merge with a symbiote.

...Then I finally wouldn't be alone.
>>
>>78395630
Go home, Bendis.
>>
>>78394994
a bunch of unresolved plots got axed just to send him to space. for most of his tenure in the GotG he is just a background character. lot's of people don't like his new look. lots of people don't like that the symbiote has stopped having goals and ambitions of its own, that it has been reduced to being a fleshy green lantern ring and its whole species a fleshy green lantern corp
>>
>>78395630
Because:
a) We grew reading about savage symbiotes, some even invading earth, possessing other heroes and still being hellbent on fucking shit up. They can't deny the existence of these multiple events where symbiotes that came from their planet were monsters.
b) They are fun this way.
c) The character would be insanely more interesting exploring space if every other race was terrified of it, cause symbiotes are a scourge of the Galaxy.
>>
So symbiotes were basically the Reach before this retconned into them being the Lantern Corps.

>Marvel can't stop copying DC even if they tried.
>>
File: The Symbiote Family.png (235 KB, 522x588) Image search: [Google]
The Symbiote Family.png
235 KB, 522x588
>>78395651
I would give you consolation, but that never helps anyone. Sorry.

>>78395715
Fair enough.
Even with the retcon, it's stated that "defectives" like the Venom symbiote are out there. So you can have both your good symbiotes, and your bad ones - everybody fucking wins.

I still don't understand the Symbiote fetish. They're great characters as it is - there's no need for you horny fucks to bastardize them by sexualizing them!
>>
>>78395449
Ant-venom never, because Bendis wanted more toys
>>
>>78395831
Also all other races that got here and found out there were living symbiotes on earth were scared cause they should be fucking killed on sight from how bad they are.

Bendis is a complete retard that sees something, thinks "that's great" and shoves on one of his comics without even thinking or fleshing out anything.
>>
>>78395850
Anyone have that letter column from one of the ASM Spider-Island issues where Stephen Wacker said Anti-Venom wasn't going anywhere any time soon?
>>
>>78388579

Cyclops
>>
File: oXUG9.jpg (168 KB, 617x595) Image search: [Google]
oXUG9.jpg
168 KB, 617x595
>>78395831
I have a tentacle fetish
symbiotes can grow tentacles
a symbiote-wearer could be walking around with tentacles all up their orifices and no one would ever know
I like hugs
wearing a symbiote is like being hugged all the time

it's not rocket science
>>
>>78395831
I don't fetishize Venom or symbiotes at all. I jsut think it's a cool concept and a cool character and I despise Bendis for shitting all over good things like Agent Venom or Mania.
>>
>>78395699
Now that makes the butthurt much more understandable.
>>
>>78389187
Feel like that rule applies to any character too
>>
>>78389325
>>78394825
we all do, anons, we all do.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.