[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /co/ wear clothes that have the things they love, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 17
File: Minecraft Creeper Flexfit Hat_L.jpg (428 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Minecraft Creeper Flexfit Hat_L.jpg
428 KB, 1050x1050
How does /co/ wear clothes that have the things they love, but while still hiding their power levels?

I always try to find stuff about cartoons or comic characters I love but It has to be extremely subtle or really classy looking, does /co/ have a site they use or look for anything in particular?

pic obviously unrelated
>>
I dont have much for graphic shirts, when out and about im usually wearing a collared shirt and jeans, but i got a shirt with lion king logo, and it is comfy as fuck so i wear it as a pajamas shirt.

But that all said, i like subtle or minimalism for logos and that shit
>>
http://www.shirts.com/lion-king-profile-tshirt.html

This is what im talking about
>>
>>78388481
See that stuff smart, I just like crazy colors and stuff so much that it gets TOO in your face.
>>
I wouldn't say it's hiding my power level, but the design is cool and most people don't know what it's referencing anyway
>>
>>78388505

Oh whoops, I'm on /co/. OP's pic got me thinking this was gaming clothing. Still, it's relatable I suppose
>>
File: totallynotaGTreference.jpg (11 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
totallynotaGTreference.jpg
11 KB, 260x194
I can't hide my power level.

In fact my power is so great I have to stay transformed into a gigantic ape in order to control it.
>>
I try to go for subtle when I can, but if it's a design I really love but it's totally obvious then I don't mind.
>>
As trash as it is, I think most of my shirts are graphic shirts. But I try to keep them at least fairly subtle, anything on the louder side I just wear around the house. Fangamer has a lot of really nice shirts like that, including polos, which is neat.
>>
File: 417t0foD5VL._UX342_.jpg (21 KB, 342x443) Image search: [Google]
417t0foD5VL._UX342_.jpg
21 KB, 342x443
>>78388192
T-shirts with basic superhero icons are pretty popular these days.
>>
File: Aoi Honoo the tears of youth.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Aoi Honoo the tears of youth.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>78388613
>Got a flash t-shirt with the lightning bolt because I like the flash
>Right as Big Bang was taking off
>Not even 24 hours after I started wearing it and multiple people complimented my bazinga shirt
>Had no idea what they were talking about until I had to look it up
>>
>>78388192
I usually use /co/ related clothing as pajamas or lounging around clothes.
>>
>>78388521
my bad, I'm on /v/ and /co/ so much shit gets mixed, gaming stuff is fine too, its all in one big pile really.
>>
>hiding your power level

I don't advertise like a neon sign, but if I find a design that I think looks cool independent of just the smug feeling of wearing some geeky inside joke on my body, then I wear it.
>>
>>78388613
I have a couple of these but any cape that isn't JL or Avengers is impossible to find in good quality
>>
>>78388669
Who pissed in HIS miso?
>>
Easy, I'm not an insecure faggot who's so scared of going against the norm that I need to constantly hide who I am. Wear whatever the fuck you want, OP. No one cares as much as you think they do.
>>
Isn't the point of wearing merch to attract the attention of people who also recognize what you're wearing? I know that I've started a couple of conversation with some random people because they're wearing a LoL shirt, or at least just said nice shirt to them. Isn't hiding your powerlevel the exact opposite of what you're doing by wearing something like this?
>>
File: Vir32-1.png (579 KB, 876x768) Image search: [Google]
Vir32-1.png
579 KB, 876x768
>>78388669
I don't really care for CW Flash, but at least the existence of that show finally got people to finally stop calling it the Bazinga shirt.
>>
>>78389233
>>78389101
I wear batman and souls and adventure time stuff all the time, but when you get past surface level stuff it starts to be a deterrent to some people when you're too bad with it. For example , when people where the kohls 10 dollar mario shirt with all the characters I inadvertenly have a bias. The subtlety is used to find fans of your more underground stuff. I'm talking tshirts and stuff with really cool art or cool designs, teepublic art and such.
>>
>find cool shirt that is subtle
>big ass logo/name of franchise clearly visible ruining the whole subtlety
every fucking time
>>
>>78389233
Instead of making it about power levels OP should have just asked for subtle designs in general. Really obvious shit jut tends to look gaudy.
>>
File: Webheads_1.jpg (161 KB, 508x352) Image search: [Google]
Webheads_1.jpg
161 KB, 508x352
Any time I wear this, people always comment on it and love it. One guy asked for a picture with his kid which was weird.

Spidey's pretty casual though.
>>
>>78389233
>Isn't the point of wearing merch to attract the attention of people who also recognize what you're wearing?

This is exactly why I DON'T wear branded clothing, since they mostly just exist for the most over-exposed capeshit characters I most definitely would not want to discuss with some random dude. Oh gee, you like Captain America too? Well that's good to know, I'm sure we like him for the same reasons, and not because you think Ultimate Cap is awesome or some shit. I'm sure I'll get called a normie for saying it, but it makes a bit more sense to wear the movie merchandise.
>>
>>78389557
Why is the number 62?
Is that number significant to Spider-Man?
Is that how old Ben was when he croaked?
>>
>>78388192
I have a black steampunk flash shirt.

The only person who recognized it at all was the qt grill at the local costa vita who told me she loved the flash TV series.
>>
>>78389634
Amazing Fantasy 15 came out in August, 1962.

I got mine with #15 and "Parker" on it.
>>
>>78389662
>steampunk shirt

People recognise it, they just don't want to be anywhere near you.
>>
File: 1443504846253.jpg (45 KB, 494x468) Image search: [Google]
1443504846253.jpg
45 KB, 494x468
>>78389557
That looks fuckin tight. Where'd you get it?
>>
>>78388192
By wearing a plain hoodie. It's always cold where I live.
>>
>>78389370
Didn't help with Green Lantern stuff.

That's still considered the Sheldon symbol most of the time.
>>
>>78389557
I have some obscure cartoon shirts like Darkwing Duck and Rocko's Modern Life. Most people love seeing it because they have not thought about those in years.
>>
>>78388560
I kek'd
>>
File: darkwing.png (120 KB, 1205x665) Image search: [Google]
darkwing.png
120 KB, 1205x665
>>78390174
The site is the bottom patch on the back, geekyjerseys.

They've got a hat one too, geekylids.

And one of the designers has his own personal site where he shares designs, davesgeekyhockey. Most of the ones he shares are ones he does for fun that they can't make since they'd get sued, like this one (green to match the Mighty Ducks colors).
>>
>>78389023
Got a 99% on his maths test.
>>
i used to have this when i was in 7th grade (pic related, but in ENGLISH. All i could find was a pic of it in japanese, no i never owned it in japanese)

i think i trashed it cause 'it was SO uncool' by highschool

now im 23, job, live on my own, and wish i had that fuckin shirt

I GOT IT FROM THE GOD DAMN DISNEY WORLD STAR WARS STORE

i wish i could find that exact one again

(is this /co/ related? related enough)
>>
>>78394439
You can actually call the individual stores in Disney World and order stuff over the phone and they will mail it to you.

Done it before.
>>
File: tumblr_nfaqfxbutu1tcki3so1_1280.png (861 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfaqfxbutu1tcki3so1_1280.png
861 KB, 1280x716
I'm not sure how recognizable SU shit is but this design is not exactly in your face about it
>>
>>78394478
would they have a shirt from 8 years ago?
>>
>>78394439
>I GOT IT FROM THE GOD DAMN DISNEY WORLD STAR WARS STORE

No you didn't. Disney didn't own Star Wars then.
>>
>>78394589
That would be pretty much instantly recognizable to anyone that watches the show. Sure, people who don't watch it probably wouldn't, but even from a distance, anyone who was familiar with SU would recognize that.
>>
File: Punisher shirt.jpg (160 KB, 1500x1252) Image search: [Google]
Punisher shirt.jpg
160 KB, 1500x1252
>>78388613
I like them because they're simple
>>
File: download.png (215 KB, 444x445) Image search: [Google]
download.png
215 KB, 444x445
I have a ton of fictional band tee shirts.
>>78395025
I'm pretty sure stuff because of the Star Tours stuff long before they bought them?
>>
>>78395025
Star Tours, mang.
>>
>>78395025
Disney has done things with lucas arts for years you dumb twat.
>>
File: 1450564724109.jpg (32 KB, 480x531) Image search: [Google]
1450564724109.jpg
32 KB, 480x531
>>78393529
If I was more cancerous, I would make a Sheldon GL oath.
>>
>>78394939
That I have no idea, I just wanted to tell you that only being sold from the Disneyland/World store is not a problem.
>>
File: gk-redsymbol.jpg (55 KB, 650x420) Image search: [Google]
gk-redsymbol.jpg
55 KB, 650x420
I go for the subtle stuff, but that's really just because that's what I like the look of. If Gunnerkrigg Court had a shirt that had like Annie and Rey posing or something I'd have no interest in it anyway.
>>
>>78395919
I'm more surprised there isn't one already.
>>
>>78394589

The people who recognize it will call it out, and those who don't will probably call you a fag. Even if you're a girl, they'd still give you a weird look.
>>
>>78394589
I only imagine a teenage girl spilling spaghetti for recognizing and trying to talk with you
>>
Sometimes I wear my Dipper hat to starbucks or wherever, but since it's a really shoddy trucker-style hat I don't do it that often.
>>
I wouldn't call it classy or subtle, but it's comfortable as fuck and nobody's called me out on the design yet.
>>
>>78388192
>wear clothes that have the things you love
>hide power level
Pick one.
Just dress like a normal human being, Jesus. There`s no need to wear clothes with the ``things you love``.
>>
Had the EGGCELENT cap for a while.
Not a single soul commented on it.
RIP chinise quality cheap merch
>>
File: What The Duck Am I Reading.jpg (89 KB, 332x205) Image search: [Google]
What The Duck Am I Reading.jpg
89 KB, 332x205
>>78393798
>taking no inspiration from Gosalyn, when she was the one actually playing hockey and wearing sports clothing
>>
I think a large difference between 'acceptable' and 'obvious power level' clothing is the design itself. Subtle designs work because they tend to be more logo-esque themselves.
>>78388505
>>78388613
>>78396060
>>78396431
And it 'blends' with the rest of shirts. After all, it's not that different from the Polo logo or Nike swoosh, etc. It's a symbol.

>>78389557
>>78393798
Jerseys are totally acceptable. They might suffer stigma in some rare cases, but for the most part it blends with other sports teams. No one knows every member of every sports team and a fictional team has little distinction from a real one.

Band logo shirts combine the two ideas above.

Full on portraits or action scenes aren't common dress, unless they're something in the vein of throw-back graphic tees, but those tend to rely on parody, satire, and nonsequitur to get a quick chuckle from reference. Cartoon characters parading across the front of a shirt along with an emblazoned logo is off-putting because it's not 'real' clothing. It'd be the same as a dirty, straight-to-print photo of a band on a stage complete with crowded fans.

basically tld;dr >>78396630 You can wear fan clothing, but it needs to look like clothing. A shitton of character smushed on a shirt complete with scenic background isn't even something a kid would wear, since a lot of their clothing is geared towards dressing the kid up LIKE the character, something >>78394589 borders on. Contextless, it's like any random street/scene hoodie.

>/fa/utism decativate
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.