[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you watch another Avatar spin-off it it were made, or did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1403473838819.jpg (457 KB, 2000x2202) Image search: [Google]
1403473838819.jpg
457 KB, 2000x2202
Would you watch another Avatar spin-off it it were made, or did Korra destroy all hope that the series can be salvaged?
>>
>>78385076
There is nothing about avatar so unique that it couldn't be painted a different color and transplanted into a new franchise without the baggage.
So I don't really care if it can be salvaged, I don't think it should be either way.
>>
It would depend on who is involved in it.
>>
Korra was good in a lot of parts, so while it was on the whole underwhelming and even disappointing, it didn't kill my faith in the future of the franchise. I'll just never trust Bryke to do anything by themselves again.
>>
File: greg weisman panel.png (293 KB, 1584x1712) Image search: [Google]
greg weisman panel.png
293 KB, 1584x1712
>>78385076

get Greg Weisman on the phone.
>>
>>78385076
I would fucking love to watch another Avatar spin-off but only if it is about Korra and Asami.
>>
>>78385175
this. If an Avatar fan doesn't know there have been shows like it or shows that have learned from it post-TLA/The Legend of Aang, someone should really get them up to speed unless ofc, they've moved on like everyone else has with concluded franchises.
>>
>>78385076
Just get some better writers and it will be fine
>>
My biggest concern is what kind of world they would exist in. Korra was post-industrial, bending had become so obsolete that benders competed in sanctioned matches. I think Mako even had a job as a laborer for like an episode or two, not like in TLA where like, the Earth Kingdom's entire transportation system revolved around earthbenders pushing trains and carts around.

Korra's biggest problems were spirit-nonsense, I'd imagine the entire issue or human-spirit relations would be an essential topic given that Korra blew a bunch of holes in the barriers between the two worlds.
>>
>>78385076
I sure would and I also enjoyed Korra.
>>
>>78385076
Yes, but on the condition that Bryke has nothing to do with it.

If it's about Korrasami, no it would just be a continuation of one of the worst parts of LoK.

If it's about Korra, but retcons Korrasami, i would see it as a bonus.
>>
>>78385076
Yeah I would watch another spin-off of Avatar. There was this post I saw that was about the original Avatar and image that I thought was pretty interesting.
>>
File: 1439497103954.jpg (150 KB, 700x665) Image search: [Google]
1439497103954.jpg
150 KB, 700x665
Tfw the Legend of Korra wasn't about Asami and Korra being best friends in Book 1 but solely growing apart due to fundamental differences in belief
>>
like flies on shit
>>
>>78388398
/thread
>>
>>78385076
I would watch it if muscle Korra was in it. Wasnt exactly a spin off btw
>>
>>78385076
not a prequel, but I'd watch one set after korra where technology has advanced more and it's all cyber punk-y
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.