[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly happened to Christine Cavanaugh? She retired suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (294 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
294 KB, 1920x1080
What exactly happened to Christine Cavanaugh? She retired suddenly in 2001 at the height of her career, and it was never explained why. She died in 2014 but the cause was never explained, though all rumors point towards Leukemia...but at the same time, no one lives with that for thirteen years, then just dies.

Apparently the police investigated and did an autopsy, too, and you rarely see that for a disease/natural causes type death.
>>
It could have been suicide.
>>
File: thisisaboutyourpost.jpg (63 KB, 482x480) Image search: [Google]
thisisaboutyourpost.jpg
63 KB, 482x480
>>78384954
because she hated you, OP
>>
some people are just private

maybe she realized late in life that she didn't like the even the meager amount of attention being a voice actress brought
>>
>>78384954
probably some slower type of cancer. got a hint of it, said 'fuckit i'm enjoying whatever life i have left. no more working for me' and devoted all of her time to her family
>>
>>78384976
Nah, that was only May Kay Bergman
>>
>>78384954
>but at the same time, no one lives with that for thirteen years, then just dies.
That happens all the time actually. Like that happened to one of my schoolteachers.
>>
>>78384954
Its called going into remission. You can poison cancer and then it goes into hiding like a ninja and surfaces years later. Then you start over again, sometimes multiple times. There are a certain number of years that have to go by before its called cured, I think at least 7.
>>
>>78384954
>>78386778
>>78386853
Yeah, a kid I was at school with lived with it for about five years. Died when we were 13. Great kid, too. I wish I'd known her better.

>>78386853
There's no guarantee of it ever being cured, even if it's gone for 7 years or more. Particular cancers have particular pathologies; what that means is, they behave in predictable ways (within reason) and statistical outliers are rare (or mean you were diagnosed with something similar to but not quite what you actually have, which is easily done but again, quite rare).

If after x years your cancer hasn't come back and you have a particular cancer that almost never comes back at x+1 years, you're "cured" in the sense that it's very very unlikely you'll get it again. But you can get it again; there's nothing stopping you getting it again, it's just that in observed cases beyond your own, those who survive x years almost never have a resurgence after that point. Even if some of them have, and even if you do, it still doesn't change the fact that at that x years point, the cancer is probably over and done with for most people.

Some people are unlucky and end up with totally different kinds of cancer almost one after another, or at different times in their lives.
>>
>>78384954
She retired over a pay dispute and decided it was more worth her time to raise her children.

Was it tied into a greater health scare? Probably. But she didn't want the public to know anything more than that.
>>
File: superman-sad.jpg (55 KB, 799x475) Image search: [Google]
superman-sad.jpg
55 KB, 799x475
>>78384954

it's a shame. I had hoped she would return to the industry.
>>
>>78384954
>She died in 2014
I...I didn't know...
>>
>>78386853

The definition of "cured" is 5 years without some kind of reappearing, this definition is only for some kinds of cancer, like those that are known for not being that aggressive metastasing types. Example for a cancer that never viewed as "cured" is breast cancer.
>>
File: 1440884220496.jpg (44 KB, 493x495) Image search: [Google]
1440884220496.jpg
44 KB, 493x495
>Forgetting her role as a main on Ahhh Real Monsters
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.