[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was the dumbest fucking plot twist ever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (315 KB, 470x414) Image search: [Google]
image.png
315 KB, 470x414
This was the dumbest fucking plot twist ever.
>>
>>78384145
Well the current TMNT kinda has a weird thing going with its female characters.
Like it legitimately seems to break down if, even for a second, a female character is not a love interest or otherwise being explicitly tied to a male character.
>>
>>78384237

Shut the fuck up tumblr
>>
>>78384268
I'm sorry I triggered you.
>>
>>78384268
>I feel like this series has trouble not shoehorning women into romance plots
>kek tumblr

Top level discourse at 4chan dot org forward slash co
>>
>>78384237

The romance plots don't really work out well either.
>>
>>78384268
Underrated post.
>>
>>78384145
>tfw qt goth waifu was Gilbert Gottfried all along
>>
They should add that pantyshot ninja from that one game lol
>>
>>78384422
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, this show is just kinda not good in dealing with females existing and doing things.
Remember when April had to live with the Turtles in the sewer to hide from Krang?
Remember all the nothing they ever did with that?
>>
>>78384471
>YOU TURTLES WANT TO SEE MY VAGINA?
>IT'S A FLESHLIGHT ATTACHED TO A BLENDER
>HA HA HA HA HA
>>
File: TMNT Armageddon.webm (3 MB, 712x400) Image search: [Google]
TMNT Armageddon.webm
3 MB, 712x400
>>78384145

second dumbest
>>
Irma was friends with April before the Krang knew where she was.

Still hoping for 'real' Irma to show up at some point.
>>
>>78384739
>THIS
>IS
>AWESOME
>>
>>78384739
Wait, the world was destroyed?
>>
>>78384757

I hope so too....it'd be a waste if it didn't happen.
>>
>>78384777
Casey is the worst most annoying piece of shit in the show.
>>
>>78384739
BLACK HOLE SUN
WON'T YOU COME
AND WASH AWAY THE RAIN
>>
>>78384575
I hope that moment replays forever while you're in hell
>>
>Shreddee is attacked by Leatherhead, bitten, and thrown around violently
>Completely unharmed by it

That is fucking stupid. This entire second season finale is stupid.
>>
"I can no longer fap to qt goth Irma, therefore it's a terrible twist!"
>>
>>78384482
>Yeaaaaaaaaaaah
You don't need more than one a in that. Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: I'm a rocker I rock out.png (134 KB, 281x283) Image search: [Google]
I'm a rocker I rock out.png
134 KB, 281x283
>>78385821
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm good.
>>
>>78385723
Or maybe, just maybe, /co/ can enjoy things for other merits besides just being able to fap to them.
>>
Being fair this version of Krang is just awful.
>>
arent the turtles in space now? I think that counts for something
>>
>>78384237

I wouldn't go that far but you do have a point. Every female has had a romantic attachment... to one of the turtles. Karai I understand. April, no no no. Time girl, whatever she's an old character but that was literally love at first sight. Mona, sure. All the turtles have love interests which is kind of weird.

At least Karai is mostly just crushed on by Leo.
>>
>>78385879
>reads lumberdykes
>is an enormous tumblrina

What a shock
>>
>>78388945
Stay mad, white boy.
>>
>>78388989

Don't you mean "cis scum"?
>>
File: karai.png (429 KB, 852x475) Image search: [Google]
karai.png
429 KB, 852x475
>Waifufags waifufagging Irma
>Irma is a Kraang

>People being all ooh, April's gonna be Venus!
>Scene right before she's falling into the mutagen, a closeup with her brushing Donnie's hand right before then
>Reveals she's immune to mutagen

>People fixating on Karai's ass
>She becomes a mutant snake, a creature that doesn't have an ass

II love this show, man.
>>
>>78389147
I wish we could get a decent IDW adaptation

maybe hbo or adult swim could pick it up
>>
>Go to the TMNT section of Toys R Us while christmas shopping
>Shelves are completely full

Doesn't look good for the show, really.
>>
>>78389395
Lack of mainstream popularity I guess. Networks don't care about a mature tmnt. It's a toy selling franchise before all. A good comic as well but only fans know that.
>>
File: sssss.png (304 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sssss.png
304 KB, 500x375
>>78389147
>implying Snake Karai isn't superior in every way
>>
>>78389395

Why would they make a TMNT cartoon that kids can't watch? This is a children's franchise. Comicbook fans don't matter at all.
>>
>>78389484
I never disagreed.
>>
>>78389005
I don't have anything against droids.
>>
>>78386219
It's most definitely the case here though.
>muh waifu ruined forever!!!!1!!11
>>
>>78384739
>Not wanting kickass space adventures

Do you even TMNT bro?
>>
>>78385879
mmmmm this is good b8
>>
File: 4689123897123.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4689123897123.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>78389561
Not him- I like the idea of a weird space arc, but right after Master Splinter is fucking stabbed and the world gets annihilated causing everything they fought ofr to be for nothing, Casey is like WOAH DUDE WE'RE IN SPACE and the last line of the seriously grim season finale is "THIS... IS... AWWWWESOME!"

I get that it's for kids but come on, man. Come on.
>>
>>78389635
Casey has brain damage. Seriously. He has a plate in his head.
>>
>>78389635
>I get that it's for kids

No you don't.
>>
>>78389635
everyone they ever met was dead, and casey and michelangelo were both going "SO AWESSSOME" its not the first time this show has shown an extremely bizarre reaction from the turtles. Like when they had that dude turn into mutagen and everyone is busy telling jokes about how funny it is he is a bunch of ooze now, instead of focusing on how this one human dude that was trying to help just got reduced to a pile of ooze. Mikey is the worse case in this, going as far as throwing out jokes as Splinter is talking about mourning his dead wife.
>>
>>78389661
He doesn't even get smacked for it and by my recall he's back to being sad at the beginning of the next episode
>>
>>78384268
You're not even sure what you think anymore.
>>
>>78384803
yes, they lost the world and everyone died but the turtles , april and casey. Casey reaction to it was going "THIS IS AWESSSOOOME"

The plot right now is that they are trying to find a way to prevent that destruction with a timejump
>>
>>78389147
>Snakes don't have an ass
You wot
>>
>>78389635
>>78389688
>>78389701
It's not as much that it's "for kids" as much as it is that sometimes it looks like they're trying to genuinely have a moment and then they just make a jump to Mikey making an off-color joke about whatever horrible tragic thing just happened.

It's like they internally can't decide whether they want to play things seriously or make things campier in some instances.
>>
>>78389457
I'm pretty sure adults would love expensive great toys
>>
>>78389764
There's no ass there, it's a tail, nigga.

A curved, plump tail is not an ass.
>>
>>78389767
the show is tonally deaf. Its not even just Mikey, they had raphael and leo mocking the melted down dude when the whole thing was like something out of a horror show. It makes the turtles come off as sociopaths.
>>
>>78386219
>see a ton of mediocre shows only getting attention because waifus
Lol ok kiddo
>>
>>78389787
You already have tmnt toys for older fans like the Neca or the Mondo for example and statues like the Sideshows or the Good Smile Company.
>>
>>78389767
I think it might be a twist of Don Bluth saying "You can go as dark as you want as long as it has a happy ending".
>>
>>78390125
But the ending is still dark, you're just having someone saying ISN'T THIS COOL/FUNNY

It's like if the main protagonist's love interest got shot at the end of a film but they got shot on a roller coaster so the main protagonist's buddy is like "ISN'T THIS COOL" and that's a 'happy' ending
>>
File: 1450624148463.jpg (45 KB, 345x378) Image search: [Google]
1450624148463.jpg
45 KB, 345x378
>>78384145
The thing that made me the most upset was the fact that this basically guaranteed little to no 34 of Irma.
>>
>>78390173
That's probably what the OP thinks, too.
>>
File: markhamill.jpg (111 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
markhamill.jpg
111 KB, 422x750
Mark Hamill doing a voice in season 5.
>>
>>78390158
>It's like if the main protagonist's love interest got shot at the end of a film but they got shot on a roller coaster so the main protagonist's buddy is like "ISN'T THIS COOL"
That's...actually kinda funny.
>>
>>78390158
That's why I'm saying a twist on it.
Like, they can't really make a happy ending, but as long as they show that not all of them are depressed as fuck, they think it's ok.
I mean it doesn't really work, but who knows what the kids think about it?
>>
>>78390235
I mean yeah it does, but it was also admittedly a bad comparison.

What I'm talking about is shit like "April's dad gets mutated into a mindless hideous bat thing and it's literally the turtle's fault to the point where April stops talking to them for several episodes- during their first fight with him, Mikey's like "LOL LET'S CALL HIM KIRBYBAT"

You end up just hating Mikey because he's that much of an insensitive asshole without even being all that funny about it.
>>
>>78384303
fuck off
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.