[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harley & Ivy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_inline_mztpwtH1Nz1qbujox.jpg (156 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mztpwtH1Nz1qbujox.jpg
156 KB, 500x500
What do you think about them?. Overrated? Oversaturated?. Good? Bad?. Let's talk about them.

Personally I think that most writers go to them without thinking beyond "fapbait", and thus this pairing can develop beyond that
>>
I don't think about them.
>>
>>78365108
It's DC trying to copy Marvel
>>
>>78365108
Context?
Also Moar!
>>
>>78365108
I like hot girls in limited clothing next to each other.
>>
File: Gotham City Sirens 024-007.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Gotham City Sirens 024-007.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>78365642
Gotham City Sirens end run
A.K.A My worst nightmare
>>
>>78367217
How it should be.
>>
>>78369011
Shut up. You know shit about them
>>
>>78369876
Joker and Harley are meant to be together and forever. Ivy is just a sidechick.
>>
>>78365168

How?
>>
>>78365108
Harley just goes well with anybody, since her personality fluctuates so much.
>>
>>78371937
>Joker and Harley are meant to be together and forever

According to Paul Dini, Harley & Ivy are meant to be endgame
>>
>>78369011

Agreed.

HarleyXIvy is a shit pairing.
>>
>>78372407

>Paul Dini

Aka a man who has no relevance at all anymore for anything related to Harley.
>>
>>78372485
Nah, he has as much relevance to Harley as any other writers. He (alongside Timm) created Harley, so that would make him word of God... or the next best thing anyway
>>
Turning Harley into a good guy is just wrong.
She's a psychopathic murderer, making her into some victim cause of The Joker is just fucking stupid. The closest she can ever get to "being good" is doing something for her own desires/benefits that so happens to coincide with Batman's/hero's.

Poison Ivy isn't even human anymore. She's constantly having this struggle between whether she's human or plant-goddess, and if she's feeling like the latter then she believes she's got to kill every human in sight. She's a villain. Only time she does something good is if it'll benefit her or plants.
>>
Y'all need to listen to this. Dini explain the Harley & Ivy partnership

https://soundcloud.com/btas-podcast/18-harley-ivy-paul-dini-julia-vickerman-marissa-strickland?in=btas-podcast/sets/batman-the-animated-podcast
Starts like at the hour into the podcast
>>
>>78372407

Harley shouldn't even exist beyond Dini-verse, her whole existence was to help Joker appear more intimidating by making jokes so he wouldn't have to.
>>
>>78373419
But it exist beyond the DCAU. You could say that Harley existence helped Poison Ivy not fall into obscurity
>>
>>78367217
This triggers /u/
>>
>>78365108
Thrown together to appeal to yurifags and tumblrinas
>>
>>78365108
I liked the older Harley Quinn stuff. I just find her annoying now. She's just Clown Deadpool these days.

Poison Ivy, she's just inconsistent from writer to writer. Personally, I hate the whole "I'm an antisocial misanthrope who values plant life over human life" shtick. It's just kind of silly. Like, I would find an ecoterrorist who isn't as over-the-top easier to swallow. Like, she's mad about the degradation of the environment and cruelty to nature in the general sense, but isn't killing people for cutting down a tree or something.

I always like the Ivy that's a bit more human and fun. Like in the DCAU, where she obviously still has her environmental concerns, but is also the kind of person who kidnaps Bruce Wayne to go on a shopping spree because she also likes to have fun. I find human Ivy more interesting than "plant/human hybrid nature goddess" Ivy.
>>
>>78374184
I feel like the reason lesbian couples are so easy to do in comics are because they can appeal to everyone. They can appeal to the "progressive" Tumblr crowd because they are gay, and can also appeal to the brodudes and neckbeard anti-SJWs because lesbians are sexy.

That's probably why we don't see as many gay dude couples, or non-traditionally-feminine butch lesbian couples.
>>
I like Harley/Ivy when it's silly and light. When it toes the line between self-aware fapbait and supervillainess slice-of-life is the best.

I have yet to see anything good come from trying to take it too seriously
>>
>>78376821
This is why I don't give a shit about 90% of lesbians in media, despite being one they always feel really fucking fake
>>
File: grace choi thunder.jpg (106 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
grace choi thunder.jpg
106 KB, 500x325
>>78376821
>I feel like the reason lesbian couples are so easy to do in comics are because they can appeal to everyone. They can appeal to the "progressive" Tumblr crowd because they are gay, and can also appeal to the brodudes and neckbeard anti-SJWs because lesbians are sexy.

>That's probably why we don't see as many gay dude couples, or non-traditionally-feminine butch lesbian couples.

Wut?
>>
>>78365108
I don't particularly care about them. As it stands they're both being terribly written currently and their pairing is nothing but fanservice. There's no real romance between them.

However their fans are some of the most obnoxious and delusional shitheads I've ever encountered.
>>
>>78379880
I feel like the reason lesbian couples are so easy to do in comics are because they can appeal to everyone. They can appeal to the "progressive" Tumblr crowd because they are gay, and can also appeal to the brodudes and neckbeard anti-SJWs because lesbians are sexy.

That's probably why we don't see as many gay dude couples, or non-traditionally-feminine butch lesbian couples
>>
>>78372874
>created
And creators mean jack shit in corporate comics. Iceman is turned gay and nobody bothered to tell it to Stan Lee.
>>
>>78383338
??
>>
>>78365168
Well, they aren't covering Ivy up, to my knowledge, and they aren't exclusively hiring "artists" to make her hideous exclusively to turn male readers away, so no they aren't.

Keep in mind that I've been out of the loops for a while, so if any of this had changed, PLEASE correct me.
>>
>>78365108
I am not a great fan of DC, but did Harvey ever kill the Joker or at least beat him? or she always wet her panties ever single time she shaw him?
>>
>>78383417

That's probably why we don't see as many gay dude couples, or non-traditionally-feminine butch lesbian couples
>>
>>78383417
Gay dudes= gross.
Gay girls= hawt.
>>
>>78384681
???
>>
>>78379880

butch =/= muclegirl
>>
>>78372407
>According to Paul Dini, Harley & Ivy are meant to be endgame

Yeah. You're pulling that out of your ass.
>>
>>78365108
I watch their r34. I don't know who they are, though.
>>
>>78388256
Hear
>>78373356
Around 1 hour 23 minutes in
>>
>>78388947
Nope. He said maybe in the future after they retired it could be a thing. Not that have to end up together.
>>
>>78389152
That maybe sounded like a sure thing to me. There were not "but"
>>
>>78389303
That's because that's what you want to hear. It wasn't what was said. There was a but. He said he can't see them now settling down down but in some point in the future it could happen.
>>
>>78389479
I meant after he said about the future. Of course Harley & Ivy can't happen now, but nobody can say about the future
>>
>>78389553
>but nobody can say about the future

Duh. That's the whole point. He said that he could see it happening. Not that it will. Not that he personaly thinks it's the endgame for the characters. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>78389676
I listened to the podcast and it seemed to me like Dini wanted Harley & Ivy to be endgame. The whole "They have so much affection going on" and "Harley is the only one person that Ivy can be open to" gave me that idea
>>
>>78389825
>it seemed to me like Dini wanted Harley & Ivy to be endgame.
>gave me that idea

It's seems more your interpretation of dini words rather than what he actually said. That have to end up together rather than they love each other.
>>
>>78390047
>That have to end up together rather than they love each other

But he did say that there's too much affection going on between the two of them
>>
>>78390262
>But he did say that there's too much affection going on between the two of them

Yep. That can be a bad thing.
>>
>>78390632
Explain
>>
I think the friendship weakens Poison Ivy as a villain, but strengthens both as characters.

As a relationship I think its weaker than a friendship, since Poison Ivy's whole thing is that she manipulates people sexually. The fact that she can maintain a friendship without using her pussy powers is supposed to be a big deal.

But they're hot lesbians-when-its-convenient so its untouchable. Whatever.
>>
>>78390736
Stalkers. Jealously. Having your whole life be the other person. Etc. The bad side of love.
>>
>>78391044
I think you're putting too much real life into comic books
>>
>>78391250
Eh. The whole joker/harley thing is a classic example of bad relationship and is from paul dini.
>>
>>78391322
Well the whole Harley/Joker thing is suppossedly based on a friend than Timm/Dini knew, or at least that what the beforeword of Mad Love TPB says
>>
>>78365168
They've been hinted at being gay longer than marvel pulled their recent shit.

Hell even OP pic is older than that.
>>
>>78391444
That picture was a fake out. See >>78367217
>>
>>78391521
A truly heartbreaking fake out
>>
>>78391521
Nah I know but it was outright stated there that ivy went gay for harley and harley used that to her advantage to get the upper hand.

When it first came out it was a bit of an uproar because instead of just little lesbo hints it was ivy actually being kind of a lesbo. All the little hints of gotham sirens finally paying off in a hurtful way of harley choosing abusive joker over her friend.

I liked it more than those happy nothing goes wrong kinda gay relationships. I wish they'd show more of how homo relationships can be one sided and can hurt and have pain and real life issues instead of just everyone happy and monogamous.
>>
>>78391250
>>78391368
So it's not too much real life in comic books.
>>
>>78392017
>can be one sided and can hurt and have pain and real life issues instead of just everyone happy and monogamous.

But nobody want to see that
>>
>>78392381
Nah I think people wanna see it it's just writers don't wanna write it cause wanna keep shit clean for gays.

It's kinda like how when black characters were first getting written into comics and they made them nerdy tech geeks because it's the opposite of that thug stereotype. But when everyone is doing it you end up making another stupid trope.

Now with gays writers are afraid to come off like they're stereotyping that swishy promiscuous bdsm kinda gay just trying to corrupt straights so they make all gay characters super boring and monogamous and only ever falling in perfect love with other equally boring, monogamous gay characters.

DC started it with midnighter and apollo, which I like but c'mon you know apollo gets no characterization in authority besides fainting a lot and fucking midnighter.

Lesbians used to get treated a bit more normal where you'd see someone like renea montoya fucking around, solving crime, dealing with fucked up personal issues but that's because many writers didn't see lesbians as a part of the whole gay movement as much as just dudes in the bodies of women. Which actually worked out in them getting written that much more varied.

But now that it's been clarified that duh lesbians are actually a part of the whole gay political thing they're written more sensitively and therefore boring.

Now I'm not saying I hate a happy marriage. I like lois and superman. I like apollo and midnight. But it's just kinda lame when all gays end up written similarly.
>>
I'm really happy that they aren't and will never be together.

Joker an Harley, no matter how toxic their relationship is, are made for each other.
>>
>>78392381
Plenty of people do. You just don't. You just want happy lesbians so you can jack off like the waifu fag you are.
>>
>>78395463
>you can jack off like the waifu fag you are

Nope. I just like happy stories with happy endings
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.