[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait... wait... is Nameless really finishing tomorrow? Really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Nameless_06.png (183 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_06.png
183 KB, 585x900
Wait... wait... is Nameless really finishing tomorrow? Really actually finishing?
>>
Yup.

I need to remember to drop 18 days.
>>
I'm pretty patient with comics but almost a year for six issues is absurd. If you told me from the start it would be like that I would have dealt fine but delaying every issue sometimes multiple months is obnoxious.
>>
>>78359854
>I'm pretty patient with comics but almost a year for six issues is absurd.

Try waiting 3-4 years for two issues.
>>
>>78359521
Shit, well at least the endless cycle of waiting is over.

What did you guys think so far? Definitely my favorite recent creator owned stuff by Morrison, and I'm always happy to see him working with Burnham.

It's not Pax Americana-level good, but I'll definitely get the trade. In this and multiversity, I thought he made the occult and metaphysical ideas seem less like an Easter egg and more essential to the plot, which I enjoyed
>>
>>78359854
Sandman Overture says hello
>>
>>78359521
I bought the first 3 then decided fuck it I'll just buy the trade.
>>
>>78360347
I like how bloody the horror is in Nameless, can't wait to see how it ends.
I can't decide if I like this or Annihilator more.
>>
>>78360567

I'm a Moz fanboy to the extreme but I really didn't like Annihilator at all. I love Irving's art but Morrison was at his worst since Happy. Obviously his stuff can take multiple readings to set in and it benefits a lot from the trade format but my initial reaction was negative.
>>
>>78360347
> I thought he made the occult and metaphysical ideas seem less like an Easter egg and more essential to the plot
I know what you mean. Stuff like The Invisibles and The Filth is a little too catch-all and spread-out. It's rock and roll and demons and LSD and the french revolution and dolphins and etc.

Nameless seems a lot more focused. I've actually enjoyed the breaks a lot because it's given me a chance to re-read the issues and do the occasional bit of research into Mayan hero twins and astrology. Nameless is easily the best non-cape work he's done since The Invisibles, and I would consider it even higher if it wasn't just a mini.

And Burnham. My god. He has all of the best traits of my favorite Morrison collaborators. An unsettling, otherworldly linge-claire-ish style and amazing paneling.
>>
>>78360832
Multiple readings really helped me get into it, but I really love the pulpy sci-fi feel it had so I was willing to give it all the chances it needed.
The narrative was so broken up, I didn't even realize why the particle accelerator scene was in there until the 2nd reading, for instance.
>>
>>78360347
Annihilator was much better desu
>>
>>78360567
>>78361045
Annihilator was very good as well. And both are miles ahead of Happy (which I still enjoyed)

Haven't tried 18 days yet, is it any good?
>>
>>78360347
I adored the 3D-esque art created from the shading and panel-work.

Nameless himself is an oddly compelling protagonist in that his rough-and-tumble occult mercenary front hides a trembling fistful of various neuroses and complexes; ironically making him terribly aware of how afraid everyone should be of Xibalba.

While the monstrous antagonists are arguably generic in design, the implementation is key as the Freud scene will attest. Ultimately, they are the grotesque beating heart that lies at the core of the lunar bases, haunted houses, and vast stretches of void held within the comic's pages.

I'm a little worried as to how it will all wrap up since the final issue won't be of a larger page count, but hopefully it will be a good ride regardless.
>>
Check out this page for a preview:

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/nameless-6
>>
>>78362296
>ZED (TED) talk in a story about poisonous spirit-memes
I'll allow it.
>>
>>78362296
My mind isn't ready for this.
>>
>>78362296

>what is human

That line is extra disturbing now.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.