[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This one has great hopes for Guardians 2. Bug still can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: Pom Klementieff.jpg (37 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
Pom Klementieff.jpg
37 KB, 480x720
This one has great hopes for Guardians 2.

Bug still can't make the cut
Hopefully they introduce Adam Warlock just in time for Infinity War
>>
>being excited for Guardians of the Memes Vol. 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>78354295
Is she Mantis? She looks like she'd be good, but never seen her act.
>>
>>78354438
She's on the cast, but I don't think her character has been announced.
>>
>>78354460
Her wiki says Mantis with a source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pom_Klementieff
http://deadline.com/2015/10/sand-castle-adds-comptons-neil-brown-jr-guardians-2-casts-pom-klementieff-in-mystery-role-mantis-1201597456/
>>
>>78354295
They don't have the rights to bug. Hasbro does.
>>
Guardians 2 is already confirmed to be getting a 6th ranger.

Considering the post-credits scene of Guardians 1 and the fact they're doing Thanos for Avengers 3, Adam Warlock is basically confirmed.
>>
File: 16518462651.jpg (39 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
16518462651.jpg
39 KB, 800x800
>>78354331
>>
>>78354506
Yeah, it's just kind of ironic. And sad.

>During an interview on The Movie Crypt podcast (via Comicbook.com), Gunn was asked by a listener which characters he wanted to use in the film, or possibly its sequel, but wasn’t legally able to, and he listed off two obscure extraterrestrials from the Marvel pages. Yes, even more obscure than the titular characters.

>"There was a really good chance Bug was going to show up in the first movie but we do not own him... but, anyway, that was going to happen, perhaps. Listen, I really love Rom: Spaceknight, as everyone at Marvel knows because they've given me Rom stuff... but we don't own Rom. I would love for Rom: Spaceknight to show up because I love his story, I love the way he looks, I love everything about him…"

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Characters-James-Gunn-Wasn-t-Allowed-Use-Guardians-Galaxy-69024.html

>>78354531
I'm surprised Mantis wasn't in the first movie honestly. Jack Flagg seems redundant with the legendary outlaw, and they can't use Bug. Warlock is well, a lock. Moondragon and Phyla maybe, depending on how they want to flesh out Drax and set up Carol's movie. Vance Astro could be in if those rumors of Starhawk were true.

I have hope. Gunn's the only one at Marvel I really trust. Frankly I don't know how he's not in charge of Star Wars since Guardians felt more like Star Wars than any of the last four films.
>>
I guess they got the important members but the roster of Guardians of the Galaxy is pretty fucking huge. Im glad Mantis is being included because of that and I hope she fucks Star Lord because I always wanted it in the comic series.
>>
>>78354604
Isn't Bug one of the characters created for the micronauts comic? I thought that marvel had the rights to the characters created for the comic, like they had with the all spaceknights not named Rom?
>>
>>78354668
Apparently they lost or never had the film rights to Micronauts, which are separate properties.
>>
>>78354668
It doesn't make logical sense like that unfortunately. Otherwise they could use Wolverine.
>>
Matthew McChonahey was offered a role and turned it down. I can't think of anyone he'd be offered but Warlock
>>
>>78354695
>Matthew McChonahey was offered a role and turned it down. I can't think of anyone he'd be offered but Warlock

>an entire religion around alright, alright, alright
>>
>>78354295
If Vision cameos Guardians 2 will this one try to cuck Wanda?
>>
>>78354295
nobody gives a shit about adam warlock though
>>
>>78355041
And only waifufags give a shit about Mantis.
>>
>>78354604
>I don't know how he's not in charge of Star Wars
too busy for guardians duh
>>
>>78355041
Adam Warlock and Doctor Strange lead fight against Thanos.

One is mentor of Vision, the other is mentor of Scarlet Witch.

That works perfectly.
>>
>>78355074
>in era where supervillains over shadows heroes
nah man it doesn't really matter they can go without him
>>
>>78355041
I care...
>>
>>78355041
He's a huge part of the Guardians story and Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
I'd like to see Starhawk. Fits a lot of the setup lines and circumstances of the first movie:

> Being of Light/Angel
> Star____ theme
> Long lifespan/ancient being
> Used to be a Guardian in the comics (thematically connected to Yondu and the whole Guardians package as a whole)
> His powers don't include pheromone attraction, which would be kind of creepy and spoil a sweet thing that is Peter's conception.
> He looks weird as fuck , but it seems like the kind of weird that James Gunn would love.

Also, I don't imagine that whoever he is, James Gunn is gonna be too faithful to the character and will probably reinvent him in some way. Probably a rival redneck of Yondu or something along the lines. I'd love to see a Gunn re-imagining of the character.
>>
>>78357032
That was the speculation, so it's possible.

I like the time-loop of Guardians, so it's possible this Yondu is an ancestor and we'll see Vance in a flashback or something.
>>
>>78354604
You can't really say TFA didn't feel like Star Wars when it was a slavish remake of the original film, but with added bloat.
>>
>>78357057
DnA's run was cool, but this is a different universe altogether, so it's nice to see some variation from 616. I honestly like Gunn's interpretations a lot. The dude's creative as hell.
>>
Can someone honestly explain to me why GotG was so popular?
Cause to me it seemed like a meme and quip filled mess that had every insufferable trope under the sun packed into it and failed to have a single serious moment with any weight to it.
>>
>>78357058
Yeah I can. It definitely aped A New Hope, but it had none of the charm, suspense, or sense of wonder.

There's no shot of Rey looking off in the distance, there's no tension in the attack on Starkiller Base, and Harrison Ford brought the only bit of charm in the whole movie. The whole movie shifts once he shows up.

The only scenes that stand out were with Kylo Ren and that's because his voice is ridiculous and his temper tantrums silly.

>>78357084
Sure it is, but I think he's still adapting quite a bit. We've seen Cosmo, Warlock's egg, he wanted Bug, and now Mantis has been cast. Guardians needs their own story; Thanos isn't their end boss - he's their motivation.

>>78357139
His fucking mom died in the first three minutes you lackwit.
>>
>>78357139
>meme and quip filled mess
Alright, I'll bite.
It wasn't. It set the precedent for meme's to be exploited by /tv/ and Reddit and Bendis, but the movie itself created moments.

It wasn't a mess, the characters are likable, there's a couple of touching moments (hold my hand, we are groot, my little starlord) that are earned through having a simple movie with some soul poured into it. (If nothing else through the soundtrack alone)

Now, if you've spent your time on /tv/ reading the most important parts before watching the movie, then of course you hated, they sound corny on paper through the cynical lens of /tv/, but that's on you and your pack mentality.
>>
I ship Mantis/Starlord so this is great
>>
>>78357139
>meme
>quip
>trope
It was a comedy movie m8, that's what they do
>>
File: bug.jpg (62 KB, 406x321) Image search: [Google]
bug.jpg
62 KB, 406x321
>>78354685

Well....they can use quicksilver but so can fox.

We'll never get to sit down and read all the mumbo jumbo contract lawyer bullshit that goes into these rights things. Disney brought concept of copyright to court, if they find a way to get a character back with the mouse, they'll do it. Id have loved to have seen bug, but..oh well.
>>
>>78357735
Because when they sold the rights to FOX for the X-Men, they probably negotiated a clause that would let them use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch for an Avengers film.

At the time, Marvel was selling the film rights to as many studios as possible and neither of them were really high profile characters.
>>
I will never get the love for Adam Warlock.
>>
File: warlockadam.gif (44 KB, 242x450) Image search: [Google]
warlockadam.gif
44 KB, 242x450
>>78358363
He's got really nice hair.
>>
>>78357231
The movie was predictable as fuck. It felt like one of the most unoriginal uninspired things I've ever seen. Every time I was hoping they weren't going to follow a shitty trope but then they went and did it.
>oh the alien chick is gonna go off on her own on the ship. Hopefully we won't get the stronk woman vs stronk woman fight trope
>oh nope there it is
>here's a 2 dimensional dumb guy who's only trait is wanting revenge. Surely he won't do something stupid like trying to take on the fucking villain solo like he actually has a chance
>and he just called him and fucked everything up
>now everyone is falling to their deaths, hope they don't have someone pull bullshit plot out of nowhere to save everyone
>"but you'll die Groot ;_;!!!!!!! "(for one the magic plant shield is bullshit out of thin air, and if it was going to kill him how would the racoon have any idea what he's doing or have seen it before?)
>hmm now they've got to defeat the bad guy, oh look they literally fucking hold hands and use the power of friendship

The movie feels like the writers just looked through a " how to make a generic marvel comedy " and followed it to a T. Nothing felt fresh, it was like every other marvel movie I've seen.
>>
>>78357891
It's because quicksilver and Scarlet with have two separate origins, one is a solo thing and the other puts them with the xmen.
>>
>>78358759
I hope they can find a hot white chad to play him.
>>
Feige and Marvel are gonna ruin this like they did every other Marvel success. Gunn had to fight against them every step of the way in GotG and now that it's a confirmed money maker they're not gonna give him an inch.

Look for the defeated depressed Gunn interview same as we got for, Jon Favreau, Whedon, Edgar Wright, etc.
>>
>>78358927
Execution matters a lot.
>>
>>78358927
God, aren't you the most pretentious hipster or what?

Tell you what, don't bother watching comic book films or reading comic books in general. You're only going to be disappointed when the hero saves the day.
>>
>>78359014
Hopefully it will lead to his resignation/firing.
>>
>>78358965
>/co/ already sexualizing Marvel's next white boy
>>
>>78359014
He actually seems to be enjoying some freedom or at least states so in interviews.
Russos actually manage to get more creative free reign more than they had before.
>Whedon
He chimped out when they told him to remove the pointless Hawkeye wife and house scene and to put some Ragnarok scene.
>>
File: 1388690753939.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1388690753939.gif
36 KB, 720x720
>>78354604
>and he listed off two obscure extraterrestrials from the Marvel pages. Yes, even more obscure than the titular characters.
But Bug is from the same book. How can he be more obscure than the rest of the people only known for that comic they share with him? Hell, he was on the team before Gamora and Drax even joined.
>>
>>78354295
Yay someone with superpowers other than punching things. Well, in addition to the power of punching things.
>>
>>78359179
I like other comic book movies though.
Both captain America movies are great, iron man is good, even MoS was watchable.
It's not the comic book part of GotG I didn't like, it's everything else. It feels like it followed a template. You could've easily replaced the locations and characters with anything and not much would've changed.
>>
>>78354636
I hope she stays weird instead of love-stricken.
>>
>>78360051
Because unless it is in a movie, it is obscure.
>>
>>78354331
>not Memes of the Memes Vol. Twomemes
>>
>>78354295
>Hopefully they introduce Adam Warlock
They won't. They don't have any intention of ever using him despite showing his cocoon, and they already gave his role to vision.
>>
>>78360991
>GotG 2: LE REVENGE OF LE EBIN DANCE OFF XD
Now a 30% LELSORANDUMBER!
>>
>>78354331
It's funny people still expects a good movie from this. With the exception of TWS, not a single Marvel property has had a good sequel. When the money starts coming in, the big guys upstairs start paying attention.
>>
>>78355041
Casuals don't know him. Infinity Gauntlet doesn't work without him though.
>>
>>78354331
>not OOGA CHACKA
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.