[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Rover Hendrix joke has been described by the show's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Rover_Hendrix.png (108 KB, 300x231) Image search: [Google]
Rover_Hendrix.png
108 KB, 300x231
>The Rover Hendrix joke has been described by the show's writers as the worst joke in Simpsons history.

Do you agree?
>>
>>78347474

maybe at the time, it was pretty underwhelming, as a kid who grew up on and loved the show, and a guy who was really into hendrix, I didn't get or enjoy the joke in any way. so. yeah it's lame, but I find gross-out humor about 1000x more bad than just a bland joke.
>>
I never thought it was a joke. i thought the dog was a symbol for the loneliness the world felt after the passing of jimi hendrix, and how everyone desperately wanted to be with him again.

Truly one of the most touching moments in the show.
>>
>>78347474
Maybe the worst classic season joke because you can't even begin to know horrible Simpsons jokes until you've...yeah,
>>
As bad as a guy that did nothing wrong going insane and committing suicide as a cynical fuck you to people complaining about the drop in quality?

Or that time Homer got raped by a zoo animal?
>>
>>78348057
Frank Grimes was a classic episode, though.
>>
>>78347522
>I didn't get or enjoy the joke in any way

What's to get?
>>
>>78348057
The premise of Grimes was a real person being in the Simpon world. Not an f u to the audience.
>>
>>78347474
that wasn't a joke, it was a visual gag. learn the difference
>>
Anyone see the recent Hendrix movie? The person who played him was godawful.
>>
Better than any joke they write today.
>>
Isn't the joke that he had to pick up his puppy but never did because he died and now it's an old dog?
>>
File: 51UnWpMiHTL._SY300_.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
51UnWpMiHTL._SY300_.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>78348842
>The person who played him
Andre 3000?
>>
>>78347474
Worse than every joke written after about 2005?

I don't know, that's a tough call.
>>
Not at all.

The worst is probably "Wow... a 1950s nostalgia diner..."
>>
>>78350447
>>
>>78347474
It not really bad, just flat.
I wouldn't even call it a joke. Its just a statement.

Also the dog would have been dead for 20 years if it had belonged to hendrix
>>
>>78347474
>The Rover Hendrix joke has been described by the show's writers as the worst joke in Simpsons history.

What team of writers said that and at what time?
>>
File: 1449894856520.png (14 KB, 353x407) Image search: [Google]
1449894856520.png
14 KB, 353x407
>>78347474
>you said, go to bread!

ha ha, bart...you little rascal you.
>>
>>78350830
I like that one.
>>
>>78354090
I guess he means the DVD commentary.
>>
I'm the first non-Brazillian to travel backwards through time!
>>
>>78354168
Go to bread wasn't supposed to be witty, it was supposed to infuriate Lisa.
>>
>>78348782
so it was a joke?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.