[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dceu PowerGirl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (265 KB, 685x1192) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
265 KB, 685x1192
Dceu can't use SuperGirl because of the show, but this story is confirmed canon.

Does that mean they'll use PowerGirl instead?
>>
>>78339250
Do they have any use of her?
>>
>>78339250
She's dead, man.
>>
>>78339419
Would they want to? Powergirl's origin is as bad a Hawkman these days.
>>
That's literally not how it works otherwise they wouldn't be able to use Bruce Wayne in the movies. Please take at least 10 seconds to think about things.

The movies can use whatever they want. There are no restrictions in that direction. The TV shows are mostly bound to things only native to their franchise, but depending on what relationships they want to use in the TV shows they can ban even things native to them too (see: Captain Boomerang).
>>
>Supergiril get canceled later

> Becomes powergirl in the movies

>TV universe in the other earth.
>>
File: 1.jpg (94 KB, 650x335) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
94 KB, 650x335
>>78339443
Nope, she got out safe.

What has she been doing for the past 20,000 years? Did she build the Amazonian civilization?
>>
>>78339552
I doubt Kryptonians can live for over 20000 years
>>
>>78339585
Some versions of Superman certainly can.
>>
>>78339250
I think you have WB's priorities switched. The movies can use whoever they want.
>>
>>78339452
and yet Hawkman and Hawkgirl are both gonna be on Legends of Tomorrow
>>
>>78339602
Very rarely though, he's usually dead by Booster Gold's time.
>>
>>78339452
It's the same as Supergirl's, she's just from Earth-2.
>>
File: 1.jpg (139 KB, 1241x365) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
139 KB, 1241x365
>>78339645
And the DCEU
>>
>>78339505
I'd rather have her being Powergirl on the cwverse
>>
>>78339552
>Did she build the Amazonian civilization?

Fuck off with this meme
>>
File: 1.jpg (127 KB, 1103x497) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
127 KB, 1103x497
So this confirms it's powergirl right?

Val-Zod And all
>>
>>78339677
You're forgetting all the shit that happened between COIE and IC when the universes melded together. She got a built in history as an Atlantean.
>>
>>78339702
>Wanting a shit quippy super girl

Cwbabies get out
>>
>>78339726
That was a stopgap explanation to keep her around during DC's "No Other Kryptonians" phase, and there is absolutely no need to address or include it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (70 KB, 640x888) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
70 KB, 640x888
>>78339712
>20,000 years old
>Ship named Titan

It's not illogical to think she may be hippolyta
>>
>>78339714
I wish these fucking jews would fuck off with their cuckoldry agenda.
>>
>>78339834
>Cuckoldry

I'm not sure you understand what that word mean's
>>
>>78339250
I'll give her ropes from my bag
>>
>>78339652
Yea but its pretty much established by most iconic supermen is that he doesnt die, he just ventures off into deep space or goes into hiding. Hell even the original Superman was going to be shown to just be wearing makeup before they changed the end of infinite crisis.
>>
>>78339834
Kara has always dated black men
>>
>>78339250
If DCEU wanted Supergirl, they'd have her.

Anyway I'll be shocked if Supergirl doesn't use Power Girl in a story similar to Superboy's or just her being a regular old clone.
>>
>>78340680
Deborah teased at a convention a few years back that the Supergirl prequel comic definitely means something but wouldn't go into details.
>>
>>78342058
And considering the fact that WB/DC are pushing the whole diversity and ensemble aspect in the DCEU, she might show up sooner than people think.
>>
>>78342098
We NEED more supergirl
>>
>>78339250
>>78339250
Name some SG/PG analogues;
Namora and Namorita - both flying bricks who have a black-haired flying brick for a cousin

Carol 'wantever-they-are-calling-her-this-week' Danvers - Flying blonde brick and even her last name , Danvers, is the same.

ReActor Girl from the Hyper-Actives BTW does any-one have links for HA?

Laurel Gand - an-in-house analogue

...others?...
>>
>>78339472
Technically, the rights are probably held by a shell company (both because it's tax efficient as a means of sheltering profits within the group and because it means they aren't assets that litigants could attempt to seize), and agreements to use those rights (in return for cash money, which is where the sheltering comes in) are as individual as you would expect of any licensed IP. In practice they may be less well controlled or under wider licenses (or the shell company, which likely has the bare minimum number of employees, simply never pursues breaches) but at heart this is a system by which both tv and film are required to ask for (and pay for) the licenses they use, making the decision to use various characters non-trivial as it should, in theory, incur a financial penalty each time. Otherwise they could literally fill every background with extras dressed as the Legion and it would cost them no more than the extras and costumes, as long as none of them had speaking roles (because speaking roles are paid and credited differently).

Something to watch out for, I guess.
>>
>>78344761
>Carol 'wantever-they-are-calling-her-this-week' Danvers

They've literally been calling her Captain Marvel for three and a half solid years now. Before that she was Ms. Marvel from 1977 (having been plain old Carol Danvers since 1968) until 1998, when she briefly became Warbird. After about a year she was removed from active Avengers roster duty for her alcoholism and didn't return in any meaningful way if at all until House of M, in 2005, when she was for the first time Captain Marvel (of the alternate reality of HoM), and thereafter Ms. Marvel until 2012, when she formally took on the title Captain Marvel with the blessing of the original, temporarily resurrected (for the fifth or sixth time). In 46 years she's had 4 name changes, two of them associated with giving her a less embarrassing costume than "bitchy drunk in a swimsuit and thigh-high boots". Or I guess six if you count HoM and the reversion at the end of it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.