[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Marvel / DC prose novels any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 23358109.jpg (355 KB, 1580x1200) Image search: [Google]
23358109.jpg
355 KB, 1580x1200
Are the Marvel / DC prose novels any good?
>>
File: girls-getty_1376498i.jpg (44 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
girls-getty_1376498i.jpg
44 KB, 446x400
This is why girls find capeshit hilarious.
>>
>>78336003
Girls like superheroes too. 44% of the Guardians Of The Galaxy audience was female.
>>
This looks like shit. It's from Marvel though, so I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>78336806
>44% of the Guardians Of The Galaxy audience was female.
Maybe 44% of the male audience brought their spouse or girlfriend with them, too. Maybe they even brought a kid.
>>
>>78336003
>using women's opinions as if they are worth anything
>>
>>78336003
>implying capecomics aren' indeed a joke.
One big joke with no punchline.
>>
File: loise-lane-fallout-final.jpg (133 KB, 600x886) Image search: [Google]
loise-lane-fallout-final.jpg
133 KB, 600x886
Lois Lane is starting a new life in Metropolis. An Army brat, Lois has lived all over--and seen all kinds of things. (Some of them defy explanation, like the near-disaster she witnessed in Kansas in the middle of one night.) But now her family is putting down roots in the big city, and Lois is determined to fit in. Stay quiet. Fly straight. As soon as she steps into her new high school, though, she can see it won't be that easy. A group known as the Warheads is making life miserable for another girl at school. They're messing with her mind, somehow, via the high-tech immersive videogame they all play. Not cool. Armed with her wit and her new snazzy job as a reporter, Lois has her sights set on solving this mystery. But sometimes it's all a bit much. Thank goodness for her maybe-more-than-a friend, a guy she knows only by his screenname, SmallvilleGuy . . .

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Lois-Lane-Gwenda-Bond/dp/1630790052
>>
>>78336872
>They're messing with her mind, somehow, via the high-tech immersive videogame they all play. Not cool.

Wow.
>>
>>78336872
>Not cool.
The whole idea is retarded but I can't even begin to understand how someone thought that writing these two words would help them in any way.
>>
>>78335936
marvel shits out product after product.
they stopped caring about quality long time ago. all they care anymore is to dominate marketshare.
>>
File: Muderface.jpg (19 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
Muderface.jpg
19 KB, 280x210
>>78336872
>her new snazzy job as a reporter
>>
>>78337368
How else will "the kids" know that brainwashing one of their peers is unacceptable?
>>
>>78336872
To be fair, that is a really nice cover.
>>
>>78336806
>>78336837
>Chris Pratt.
>>
"Rogue Touch" is clearly the name of a dirty book.
>>
File: Rogue12.jpg (134 KB, 562x237) Image search: [Google]
Rogue12.jpg
134 KB, 562x237
>>78338766
I wish.
>>
There's a book called "It's Superman!" Which covers Supes' Golden Age career. Pretty good stuff.
>>
>>78338766
Twenty-year-old Anna Marie was just fired for the third time-this time from a bakery. Why can't she hold a job? Well, for starters, she dresses . . . differently. She looks like a Goth girl to the extreme, her shock of white hair contrasting with her head-to-toe black garb, her face the only skin she chooses to reveal. But Anna Marie doesn't have a choice. Her skin, her touch, is a deadly weapon that must be concealed. She accidentally put her first boyfriend, Cody, in a coma when they kissed. Horrified, she ran away to Jackson, Mississippi, where she's been living alone in a cramped apartment and scraping by on food stamps.

Then she meets otherworldly James and everything changes. He's just like her-completely alone and also on the run. To elude James's mysterious and dangerous family, the pair takes to the highway. As they cross the country, their simmering attraction intensifies and they both open up about their secretive pasts. James reveals that his true name is "Touch," and he christens Anna Marie "Rogue." But with danger at their heels, they know they can't run forever. Rogue must decide if she'll unleash her devastating powers once again, which she swore never to do, in order to save the only person who seems truly to understand and accept her.

http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Touch-Christine-Woodward/dp/1401311024
>>
>>78336872
>young adult novel with a video game as the main focus
BETTER TOUCH UP LEVEL 3 BRO
>>
>>78336872
Ehhhh... I might give it a read, just to see how dumb the video game crap is.
>>78339902
This sounds like it's had more thought put into it, but it's not for me. And that's okay - I don't always have to be the target audience.
>>
File: double-down-cover.jpg (2 MB, 1599x2541) Image search: [Google]
double-down-cover.jpg
2 MB, 1599x2541
>>78338356
there's a sequel coming out
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.