[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flash complete story help please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: the-flash.png (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
the-flash.png
2 MB, 1024x768
Can somone help me? I want to understand the FULL story of the flash from start to finish but i dont know what i would need to read or do to find it. Can someone give me like a list of what i can read/watch to understand the full story? My limited knowledge so far is: barry allen is the flash. He had a lab accident giving him speed. He makes his enemies like the rogues etc then later his cousin or something wally west is told barrys identity and then also gets powers becoming kid flash. During this time the reverse flash is eobard from the future to kill barry. Later after barry dies wally becomes flash? However he dies in YJ? Anyway then zoom is zolomon and somehow bart allen fits into all of this and thats my limited knowledge for those who cared to read.
>>
>>78327677
>I want to understand the FULL story of the flash from start to finish
Then read every Flash comic from start to finish.
>>
>>78327710
Care to make a list of which to read then? Like where to start where to finish.
>>
Start at Flash Volume 1 Issue 1. There is no finish. Comics don't end.
>>
First rule of cape comics
"To be Continued" is the end of every plot
>>
>>78327765
Just for reference what happens in that issue? Making sure i dont read the wrong one
>>
>>78327855
Jay Garrick does science stuff and gets powers.
>>
>>78327765
>Comics don't end.
Many comics do end, but OP chose to read a comic that doesn't end.
>>
>>78327915
Yeah, but he could have chosen a lot worse.
>>
>>78327735
Just read in chronological release order. There are torrents with everything in them.
>>
>>78327677
Just read hie entire character biography on Wikipedia. Thats what I did with all the big comic book characters before I started reading comic books, and the first comic book I ever bought was Infinite Crisis and I was able to understand that clusterfuck just because of my time reading wiki's.
>>
>>78327765
This won't work. The first volume was called "All-Flash" and "Flash vol 1" I think starts with #101. And Barry's first appearance isn't in anything titled Flash anyway.
>>
>>78328041
>just read Wikipedia instead of reading comics
>just read shitty comics like Infinite Crisis instead of good comics like classic Flash runs
This is why superheroes need a /cpsht/ containment board.
>>
I guess I can try coming up with some sort of reading list of key issues. I'm sure there will be stuff I'm missing though. Starting with mostly Barry stuff

Flash Comics #1: Jay Garrick Origin Issue
DC Showcase #4: Barry Allen Origin Issue
DC Showcase #8: Captain Cold 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #105: Mirror Master 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #106: Gorilla Grodd and Pied Pieper 1st Appearances
Flash Vol 1 #110: Kid Flash and Weather Wizard 1st Appearances
Flash Vol 1 #113: Trickster 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #117: Captain Boomerang 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #122: The Top 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #123: Flash of Two Worlds
Flash Vol 1 #128: Abra Kadabra 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #139: Professor Zoom 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #140: Heat Wave 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #155: Rogues 1st Teamp Up
Flash Vol 1 #165: Barry and Iris' Wedding
Flash Vol 1 #174: Barry reveals his idenitity to Iris
Flash Vol 1 #250: Golden Glider 1st Appearance
Flash Vol 1 #275-284: Death of Iris
Flash Vol 1 #323-350: Trial of the Flash
Crisis on Infinite Earths #1-12
>>
>>78328067
Then please. With your knowledge of the flash can you tell me which issue or whatever it is i need to start at and where to go from there?
>>
>>78328337
I already told you >>78328026

They will have everything numbered.
>>
>>78328337
You don't need to start anywhere because there is no "full story" of the Flash.

You're chasing a thing that doesn't exist.

If you had started this thread asking for "the best" or "our favorite" Flash stories then things would be different, but as it is now, you are just wasting everyone's time, including your own.
>>
>>78328381
Link please?
>>
>>78328420
you're beyond help if you don't know how to use google
>>
>>78328384
I'd like to know, the beginning, necessary plot events and any other important events. I want to understand so that when i look at a modern rendition im not like "who the fuck is this daniel west guy?" Or "why does flash have a blue costume?"
>>
>>78328449
You trust torrents that you find lying around from a Google search?
>>
>>78328316
Starting Wally West stuff now:

Flash Vol 2 #62-225, 0: Waid, Morrison/Millar, and Johns runs. Just read it all.
Infinite Crisis #1-7
Flash: Fastest Man Alive #1-13: Bart Allen Flash
Lightning Saga
Justice League of America Vol 2 #8-10, Justice Society of America vol 3 #5-6: Lightning Saga
All-Flash #1: Wally West returns
Flash Vol 2 #231-247: Last Wally West stories, probably better off skipping
>>
>>78328498
if it links to a legitimate tracker yeah, but apparently you're too stupid to even do that
>>
>>78328646
Now back to Barry Allen

Final Crisis #1-7
Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge #1-3
Flash Rebirth #1-6
Flash Vol 3 #1-12
Flashpoint - Reverse Flash #1
Flashpoint #1-5

New 52 now:
Flash Vol 4 #1-25

And that's all I got. If I missed anything, feel free to complain about it.
>>
>>78328774
Thank you for actually responding to the thread properly
>>
>>78327677
>Frank Force
>>
File: loebsdisplay.jpg (116 KB, 619x305) Image search: [Google]
loebsdisplay.jpg
116 KB, 619x305
>>78328646
>Flash Vol 2 #62-225, 0: Waid, Morrison/Millar, and Johns runs. Just read it all.

Why did you skip Messner-Loebs' run?
>>
Doesn't this kind of shit belong on the new board?
>>
File: mhhwcuw3HA1rpok63o1_1280[1].png (1 MB, 1280x1262) Image search: [Google]
mhhwcuw3HA1rpok63o1_1280[1].png
1 MB, 1280x1262
>>78327677
then start from Flash of Two Worlds and go forward
>>
>>78330603
/co/ has always been friendly to requests and recs, as long as you're not a colossal retard like OP.

Besides I highly doubt anyone who knows shit about comics is gonna be over there, and at least here there's a handful of people who do.
>>
>>78330603
>new board

???
>>
>>78330714
Look below the giant Post Reply button.
>>
>>78330714
worksafe requests

>>78330797
I hope you're not suggesting that you don't use quick reply
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.