[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw the Kingman movie and I have to say I am surprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: kingsman-the-secret-service.png (1 MB, 970x808) Image search: [Google]
kingsman-the-secret-service.png
1 MB, 970x808
I just saw the Kingman movie and I have to say I am surprised I missed it in theaters. The movie was a great modernization to classic Spy movies and had some awesome action.

I was wondering if the comic was just as good and what other anons thought of the movie ?
>>
The comic is kinda dull compared to the film.

Also, I really loved this film. It felt energetic and it oozed style. It was nice to see a film that wasn't trying to pussyfoot around the status quo and actually left the world in a more choatic state instead of "Heroes save the day, everyone lives"
>>
>>78315687
I liked the movie, it took the good parts of the comic and left out the unnecessarily Millar parts.
The comic itself is decent if you like Millar's brainless popcorn comics but as a whole is inferior to the movie.
I do wish they had included the South American assassination in the movie though
>>
>>78315687
It was a Millar comic. So, no.
>>
>>78315761
>>78315750
I see a Millar comic, so nothing grand there

Why is it that Millar comics are better as movies than comics?

Also if the sequel of Kingsman is truly in the works what is everyone hoping for ?
>>
>>78315805
>Why is it that Millar comics are better as movies than comics?

Because, at least in this case, the movie was in the works before the comic was ever finished.
>>
>>78315687
I like the characters in the comic more - I think they had more going on there.
But the movie is more action packed.
>>
>>78315805
Because the movies get made before the comics are finished. I have no idea who's dick Millar sucks to get such good treatment, but the movies are almost always better than the books.
>>
I liked the movie more than the comic which isn't really saying a whole lot since the movie still felt kind of bad/eh/decent to me.

I did like that in the comic the main character was in fact a fucking random tosser who was not well suited for the spy career at first and actually overcame his limitations and became a proper fucking man and shit, in the movie he was just a bit of a tosser but also basically perfect and didn't really change.
>>
>>78317322
>in the movie he was just a bit of a tosser but also basically perfect and didn't really change.

Yeah, there's more of an element of an actual transformation in the comic. That whole "do or die" thing, but in the movie we know from the outset that he's smart and already tried out for the army etc.
The movie's inclusion of karate kid level bullies was also...less depthy.
>>
I kinda feel the movie falls apart during the last act. It all becomes a big spectacle and even though essentially all human life on Earth is at stake it never feels like there's any threat at all. The timing and internal logic of most scenes is completely retarded, and it doesn't help that they felt the need to add cheap and trashy jokes.

I liked the movie overall, but the final act is a mess.
>>
>>78317359
Like the movie he was just smart from the beginning, with his only flaw being that he had shit fashion taste.

In the comic he is not only straight up mocked for how he chooses to dress himself, he is a complete ignorant idiot who at one point mistakes Obama for Bin Laden or some shit.
>>
>>78317494
The way they switched around some stuff in the final act I think weakened the impact of the character arc.
Like the step-father fakeout in the middle and making them not Uncle/Nephew, it's a compounding thing.

The comic goes somewhat more somber with the ending, which worked.

>>78317529
Yeah, he's really just this punk who is in his own way. No one really tries to get him down and it's simply an internal struggle.

Like the other recruits jab him with jokes, but never outright maliciously, which felt refreshing.
>>
>>78317494
When they switched on the 'Everyone kills everyone' signal I was just imaging who would die first if this actually happened but the movie doesn't have enough balls to show it.

The first was obvious, as shown in the movie, many parents are in close proximity to their very very vulnerable children. They go first with a very easy snap of the neck. This could also go for all the paternity wards in every single hospital in the world. Lots of dead babies.

We then move on to the elderly and/or handicapped who are unable to defend themselves against our able bodied brethren. During the movie I imagined a scene of someone pushing an elderly man down a lengthy flight of stairs, only for the old man to turn around, grab his would be killer and begin to beat him with his last ounces of strength as they both fall into an innumerable amount of broken bones.

Schools might actually be on second place since child bodies are still quite frail and a single unexpected push might cause nasty head injuries when hitting objects or the floor.

I imagine that apart from those obvious ones, the quickest deaths would be those where the killer and killed are in the most optimal position such as a barber with a razor around someones neck, hair stylist with a pair of scissors very close to an ear hole, cars, cars, cars, airplane pilots, anyone with any kind of firearm or explosive on their person or nearby.

I think thats about all I could have thought of during that finale, it was pretty dull.
>>
>>78315805
Because Matthew Vaughn is a better director than Miller is a comic writer.
>>
>>78317753
Not only that, but it illustrates how completely retarded the whole scene with his mother is.

First of all she gets a call from a girl she has literally never seen or heard before, telling her to lock the baby away. And for some reason, she immediately trusts that person and locks the baby in the bathroom. Then of course the kill signal gets sent and she goes berserk, breaking down the bathroom door. Eventually she actually gets into the bathroom, the scene cuts back to Eggsy who disables the signal, and later it's shown that the baby is ok. But if she was in a berserker rage and determined to kill the baby, there's literally no way she would have just stood there waiting for Eggsy to disable the system. The baby would be dead in two seconds. That's what I mean by the retarded timing of the scenes. Different scenes seem to move at a completely unrelated pace even though the way they're edited is clearly meant to imply they're happening at the same time.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.