[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so ive always wondered this: do those little 6 issue paperbacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10
so ive always wondered this: do those little 6 issue paperbacks generally take as long to read as the average movie does to watch? also, dumb comic question general.
>>
File: Jean-Claude Mézières.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1247) Image search: [Google]
Jean-Claude Mézières.jpg
371 KB, 1000x1247
bumping with heavy metal
>>
File: download.png (2 MB, 1000x1269) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2 MB, 1000x1269
>>
File: 40-41.jpg (1 MB, 1632x2439) Image search: [Google]
40-41.jpg
1 MB, 1632x2439
>>
>>
File: fr cover 0001.jpg (379 KB, 1191x1600) Image search: [Google]
fr cover 0001.jpg
379 KB, 1191x1600
no judgment from me, folks. ask away
>>
In my case and with the tight schedule I live with a trade can take me a couple of days but if I sat to read a trade from beggining to end I'd say it'll take about a hour.
>>
Depends on how fast you read your comics.
>>
>>78304496

i guess that would make an 8 issue mini like a movie then, if you read fast enough
>>
>>78303821
About an hour in general, depending on how much you pay attention to the art. Some of the more wordy stuff like Stan can take longer.
>>
>>78304599
In terms of form and composition I think that comics are more like literature
A 6-8 issues trade is like a novella and +10 issues tomes are like movies.
>>
File: tumblr_nluy13YLQm1qztcdbo1_1280.jpg (511 KB, 890x1428) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nluy13YLQm1qztcdbo1_1280.jpg
511 KB, 890x1428
>>
>>
File: tumblr_nnvyeovfJI1ric2iqo1_1280.jpg (321 KB, 780x998) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnvyeovfJI1ric2iqo1_1280.jpg
321 KB, 780x998
>>
File: interior 5.jpg (716 KB, 1186x1600) Image search: [Google]
interior 5.jpg
716 KB, 1186x1600
>>
>>78305060
>>78305098
I'm sure it's just wish fulfillment but damn, nothing is comfier to me than naked dudes and chicks adventuring across vast fantasy landscapes
>>
I've found that a single 24 page issue takes me about 24 minutes, so about equal to an average episode of a TV show sans commercials. That makes a standard trade close to 2 and a half hours so I'd say that a movie is a decent comparison.

I read comics relatively slowly though, I take a lot f time to soak in the art and trace the page/panel transitions with my eyes. I hate just jumping from balloon to balloon but if it's a quicker sequence that can happen. Depends on the comic and the creators, there can be a large variance in pacing.
>>
>>78303821
Depends if you are reading something like Sandman or are reading the latest thing Bendis shat out
>>
>>78307847
>I read comics relatively slowly though,

Me too. I also take about a half-hour to read a single issue. Maybe more if it's an older comic with more text and exposition.

When I lend my comics to my normie friends, they finish them in, like, five minutes, and then go "that was short, lol."

I don't know if I just take more time to appreciate the art and layouts, or if I'm just dyslexic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.