[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will a cartoon ever reach the apex of cultural phenomena like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: SpongeBob_(3).png (27 KB, 219x300) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBob_(3).png
27 KB, 219x300
Will a cartoon ever reach the apex of cultural phenomena like Spongebob did ever again?
>>
Of course

what a stupid question
>>
The question isn't so much if it will ever happen again, because of course it will.

The question is WHAT will it be.
>>
I don't think Spongebob has been any relevant since the late 00s.
>>
>>78300113
People still watch and quote this show, right now. And not even just on the internet either.
>>
I dont think so. Spongebob was one of the last of its kind

With the current trend of noodle-arm garbage getting acclaim, We wont get another show like early SB
>>
>>78300462
>With the current trend of noodle-arm garbage getting acclaim
Dude, remember the 90's? Remember hey arnold catdog ren and stimpy rocko's modern life ed edd n eddy cow and chicken ect ect...

Those were the days, amirite? :^)

Fucking die you 90's kid.
>>>/facebook/
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: cartman.jpg (36 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
cartman.jpg
36 KB, 792x612
>>78301789
I love see Millennials Niggers mad

infortunately /co/ is full of Millenials niggers happiness addict from the Z generation....
>>
Adventure Time did.

Hate it or not, the show was popular as FUCK at its height.
>>
File: classy_peter_griffin_approves.jpg (27 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
classy_peter_griffin_approves.jpg
27 KB, 512x384
>>78301789
>Catdog
>not an underappreciated modern classic and an example of a Kafka comedy done brilliantly
>>
File: 1434932745622s.jpg (11 KB, 250x179) Image search: [Google]
1434932745622s.jpg
11 KB, 250x179
>>78299909
There will be another Spongebob some day.

The real question is, who has that idea? What network is housing it? What will it be? And the biggest question... is when?
>>
>>78301952
At its height it was still nowhere near the levels of Spongebob. If anything it peaked too quickly and with the wrong people. It'll be remembered as a cult classic on the level of Invader Zim, not a big carton zeitgeist that transcended a generation.
>>
>>78301947
>that Cartman pic
Holy shit dude you're cringeworthy.
>>
>>78302358
lol pussydrip more
>>
>>78301789
Rocko's Modern Life was just prototype SpongeBob though.
>>
>>78301947
I don't think you know what a millennial is. Millenials watched spongebob and rocko, in fact you are probably a millennial too dipshit.
>>
File: AT d.jpg (98 KB, 467x624) Image search: [Google]
AT d.jpg
98 KB, 467x624
>>
>>78307164

>>78302234
>>
File: Chez.jpg (16 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
Chez.jpg
16 KB, 263x192
Perhaps
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.