[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power couples
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 53e87b1590648.image (1).jpg (20 KB, 300x331) Image search: [Google]
53e87b1590648.image (1).jpg
20 KB, 300x331
Can we have a thread about co couples?

These two met working at Cartoon Network.
>>
>>78270669
whos dat?
>>
>>78270704
Dwayne McDuffie and his wife, I presume.
>>
>>78270669
how can they be a couple when the man is dead?
>>
>>78270669
>inb4 racism
>>
>>78270669

Aw, they were cute.

Goddammit Dwayne ;_;

Anyway, how about the Immonens?
>>
>>78270669
Man I wished he at least lived long enough to find out Keegan-Michael Key is his half-brother.
>>
>>78270897
looked him up

>"BLACKSUPERHERODOC.COM:Dwayne McDuffie on the realities of the Black writer in comic book"

So, I'm guessing he used to be industries token blackman, right?

Are there any black creators in America who don't talk about their race? Like, at least one?
>>
>>78270704
Rebecca Sugar and Ian JQ
>>
>>78271088
No, because people keep asking them about race.

Especially when it's a documentary about black comic creators.
>>
>>78271088
Kinda hard not to, when people tokenize you all the time. You don't have the liberty of ever forgetting your race. See: Christopher Priest
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 577x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 577x433
>>
>>78270669
;_;
>>
File: teenagenegroninjathrashers.jpg (54 KB, 550x696) Image search: [Google]
teenagenegroninjathrashers.jpg
54 KB, 550x696
>>78271088

He wasn't just a token. He was a creator who was sick of black stereotypes and decided to create new black superheroes instead of rehashing old crap and whining about it.

He set a good example and then he died young, because we can't have nice things.
>>
>>78271265
>Dark Wheelie
>Attractive white female friend
Yeah, I'm sold
>>
>>78270897
>ex wife
Ftfy
>>
>>78271089
First thing I thought too but of course it's not them.
>>
>>78271088
How could you possibly not know who Dwayne McDuffie was?
>>
>>78271088
To people who aren't white race is actually a thing that affects them so they should talk about it.
>>
>>78271339

He was almost a pro-skater, then got into a horrible accident and ended up in a wheelchair. Good thing he could keep his name.
>>
>two threads about people who don't know who Dwayne McDuffie is
???????
>>
>>78271685
/tv/ people trying to start shit, should know that by now.
>>
>>78271701
>the /tv/ boogeyman
Nobody knows who is because nobody watches JLU anymore
And the DC Animated movies he did after Crisis on Two Earths were awful shit.
>>
File: brother.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
brother.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>>78271194
>dem titties tho
>>
>>78272547
Sure thing /tv/
>>
Downloaded a bunch of Milestone comics, so far Blood Syndicate and Hardware are clearly the best titles
>>
>>78273228
Icon and Hardware are high quality comics.
Everything else is mostly eh and aims too high but falls into the trappings of 90s design aesthetic and trends

Mcduffie is not some light skinned baby angel with a halo made of skittles who got taken advantage of by the white devil, he was just another comic creator who did his share of good and his share of bad. On one hand he could be very funny and witty and advocated against tokenism but on the other he can literally soapbox his political views like in Static, ruin Ben 10 through his direction of Alien Force and is an awful editor when he allows Deathwish to exist in his 'progressive hip company'
>>
>>78273121
Thinking that there is a chance of Lauren Faust smiling at me one day fills me with hope.
>>
>>78273791
>and is an awful editor when he allows Deathwish to exist in his 'progressive hip company'
>a story about transwomen written by an intersex person who was assigned male but actually identifies as female
Perhaps yours is the privilege that needs checking.
>>
>>78273791
>but on the other he can literally soapbox his political views like in Static

This is a problem?
>>
>>78274416
>>>/co/micsalliance
>>78273791
>and his share of bad
We know he didn't go to heaven for ruining ASS and Tower of Babel, hopefully he spends eternity watching those abominations in hell
>>
>>78274307
I don't mean Deathwish the mini about the cop who gets told to become a woman and then becomes a woman while living with xir trans hooker girlfriend while weird tranny crimes happen, that idea itself is manageable, though it reeks of Mcduffie being too PC to tell Blaustein 'this is retarded' and also because of how personal it apparently was to Blaustein because of them being intersex
I mean Deathwish the character
There's no fucking way you can justify him, especially in the Milestone setting which was trying to be modern. The rest of Blaustein's run is great but Deathwish should have never hit the press
>>
>>78274755
You sure showed me by linking to another website.
>>
>>78274994
>There's no fucking way you can justify him, especially in the Milestone setting which was trying to be modern

Explain please
>>
File: CVO_GaHUwAIDUD1.jpg (70 KB, 423x481) Image search: [Google]
CVO_GaHUwAIDUD1.jpg
70 KB, 423x481
>>78276416
Deathwish is a white gang member turned cop who had his old gang find him and his wife and child and raped them to death while raping him and left him for dead. He then found and killed them and was sentenced to life in prison. There he worked out enough until he became incredibly muscular and then broke out after stealing a sex registry list to kill everyone on it. The prison staff has basically nothing to say but 'godspeed deathwish'

He's not a bang baby or anything but he can fight equally with Hardware with his anti rape determination.
>>
>>78276571
So why doesn't this Punisher rip-off fit in with the Dakotaverse?
>>
File: 1428587113016.png (88 KB, 198x225) Image search: [Google]
1428587113016.png
88 KB, 198x225
>>78276671
Do you not see how immature it is as an idea? I'm not one of those SJW types who think that rape is the ultimate evil and so shouldn't be used in fiction lest you trigger some fat privileged white girl, but this is a really cheap character.

His family was raped to death while he was raped watching so now he kills all rapists and other sex criminals while the authorities root for him even though he is a raving lunatic with 90s grit
It's so childish and two dimensional for an imprint that is trying to portray itself as one that tackles real problems
>>
File: bc-1.jpg (92 KB, 400x331) Image search: [Google]
bc-1.jpg
92 KB, 400x331
>>78270669
Am i the only one who loved his Justice league run?
>>
>>78276785
It's stupid, sure.
But it doesn't answer my question.
>>
>>78277090
The concept is backwards
The backwardsness of the character make him ill suited to the setting which wanted to be modern and relevant. There was an attempt even with the most straw of strawman antagonists to not make them as stupid as Deathwish
>>
>>78270669
too soon
>>
>>78273791
What was with the lightskinned crack
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.