[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we take a moment to appreciate how great Mark Hamill is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: FLA209A_0017b.jpg (279 KB, 1499x999) Image search: [Google]
FLA209A_0017b.jpg
279 KB, 1499x999
Can we take a moment to appreciate how great Mark Hamill is?
>>
At a glance he actually looks a bit like Bowie there.
>>
I can't wait for The Killing Joke movie.
>>
>>78258742
He was a genuine qt 3.14 in the first Star Wars.
>>
>>78258742

That whole episode was great, but Hamill's performance was far and away the best part of it.
>>
>>78258742
His Trickster was a great Faux Joker.

I still prefer the Timmverse Trickster, but fuck if I wasn't cranked for Hamill basically playing a live action Joker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJq2PAI-Fxc
>>
>>78258831
Is he even confirmed to be in the movie?
What about Conroy?
>>
>>78259008
They are both confirmed to be coming back, and the movie itself is speculated to be R rated.
>>
>>78259045
Sweeet
>>
>>78258982
You do realize that the only reason Joker is seen that way now is because of Hamill's portrayal of him in BTAS, and the only reason he had that role and why he did played him that way was because they asked him to play Joker the way he played Trickster in the old Flash show.
So he's not a faux Joker. Joker is a faux Trickster.
>>
>>78259045
Any speculation on the animation studio?
>>
>>78259165
The same one that did the rest of them, I assume.
>>
>>78259160
The 1990 Trickster wasn't nearly that evil sounding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNJ2Sl0VmU

Also Hamill's Joker acts more like Romero's Joker than Hamill's Trickster, so give me a sauce on what you're claiming
>>
>>78259160
Myth.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/hamill-resurrects-the-trickster-for-flash-reminisces-about-joker-days

>How does The Trickster compare with your other famous DC villain role, The Joker [which Hamill played to great acclaim on various incarnations of "Batman: The Animated Series"]?

Hamill: I played The Trickster before I ever voiced The Joker. People ask me, "Is that what made them think of you for the animated series?" and it's not. The television department, the movie department and the animation department are all separate entities, and they don't really coordinate. I had read about them doing the animated series, and the benchmark they were aiming for was the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons. I thought, "Oh, boy, they're going to get this right." There were 65 episodes ordered, so they had the ability to go beyond just the villain of the week. So, I said to my agent, "I just want to be on that." They gave me a part in the "Heart of Ice" episode, which was the first Mr. Freeze [episode], and I just went in with full fanboy flags flying and nerded out -- actors are never satisfied. I got on the show and I thought: "How come I'm not Mr. Freeze?" I wanted to play something a little juicier.

I guess they thought of me, later down the road, when they decided to cast The Joker. Unlike the first episode that they just gave me, I went in and read for that. Part of the reason I feel like I was in the right frame of mind was that I thought, "There's no way I'm gonna get this. They just will not cast the guy who played this icon of virtue, this farm boy puppy dog guy, as this arch icon of villainy. There's no way! From a public relations standpoint, I can't get this." So instead of being nervous about it, I went in thinking, "Since they can't hire me, I'm gonna make them really sorry that they can't." As I was driving out of the parking lot, I thought, "Top that! That's the best Joker they're ever gonna hear!"
>>
>>78259481
>So instead of being nervous about it, I went in thinking, "Since they can't hire me, I'm gonna make them really sorry that they can't." As I was driving out of the parking lot, I thought, "Top that! That's the best Joker they're ever gonna hear!"

The absolute madman!
>>
>>78258982
>His Trickster was a great Faux Joker.
reality check: his joker is him doing trickster with a laugh
>>
>>78259481
So Hamil auditioned for Mister Freeze...?
>>
>>78259761
Nah. Ferris Boyle
>>
>>78259761
No he got a bit part without audition.
>>
>>78259481
>"Since they can't hire me, I'm gonna make them really sorry that they can't."
Based Hamill.
>>
I want Mark Hamil to read me a bedtime story in his Joker voice.
>>
>>78259481
Hamil you mother fucking god. Why is he so good at acting?
>>
File: bowie_420.png (2 MB, 1253x885) Image search: [Google]
bowie_420.png
2 MB, 1253x885
>>78258769
Kind of
>>
So what would joker's style be like now if Tim Curry had been cast?
>>
>>78259481
This is just great
>>
>>78259956
I think it'd be like IT. I heard rumors that he was recasted by Hamil because he was too scary sounding...
>>
>>78259481

>And of course, ten days later, they said that they wanted me for it. I said, "Oh, no, I can't do this! It's too big! The Joker is too big! If I were Two-Face, or somebody down the lineā€¦ There's no way that I can satisfy the fans. I can't scratch that itch." I went 180 degrees in the other direction. I was driving to the first recording thinking, "I don't even remember what I did!" I was practicing the laugh on the way to the studio, forgetting they would have reference tapes that they could play.
>>
>>78260130
>driving to work in the early 90s
>there's your cool neighbor Mark Hamill in his car
>hahaha heeheehee hoohoohoo
>creepy faces
>silly voices
>threatens to "blow this place sky high"

so what's Mark doing, /co/? should i be worried?
>>
>>78258742
kind of got a 90s Johnny Rotten look going there
>>
>>78259956
Coughing up blood every couple of minutes because Tim Curry couldn't keep the voice going.
>>
Hope he still shows up on Flash every so often
>>
Hello Reddit
>>
File: 1405471409389.jpg (50 KB, 232x392) Image search: [Google]
1405471409389.jpg
50 KB, 232x392
>>78262976
>>
>>78258982
...You know he voiced Timmverse Trickster, right?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.