[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Lisa totally abandoned Christianity and took up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: She_of_Little_Faith_54.jpg (103 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
She_of_Little_Faith_54.jpg
103 KB, 512x384
Remember when Lisa totally abandoned Christianity and took up faux California Buddhism because one podunk little off-brand Protestant church went full-on Las Vegas mode?
>>
>>78248023
So?
>>
>>78248023
Remember when Bart ate a dead frog and other miscellaneous objects for money in order to pay off a debt?
>>
File: lisa.jpg (21 KB, 409x517) Image search: [Google]
lisa.jpg
21 KB, 409x517
>>78248023
Remember when Lisa actually acted like a eight year old....yeah me neither.
>>
Remember when Lisa actually took things too far and didn't realize until too late her extreme liberalism had ruined the life of someone close to her?

Yeah me neither.
>>
No because I don't watch the simpsons
>>
Remember when Krusty got Maggie's dummy stuck up his arse?
Remember when Bart farted on a war memorial?
Remember when Bleedin' Gums Murphy drank turps out of a watering can?
>>
File: bartCarny.jpg (22 KB, 511x381) Image search: [Google]
bartCarny.jpg
22 KB, 511x381
>>78249076
Except it happened, multiple times, when characters weren't one-dimensional shits
>>
>>78249076

I think Summer of 4 Ft. 2 was the last time she acted like an actual kid.
>>
>>78248023
That episode started off good. With Lisa being upset about her church turn into commercialized satire and the epsiode could be a attack on what Christianity has become. But then Richard Gere show up and the episode abandons a potential good concept becomes a "HUR DUH CHRISTIANS ARE STUPID, BORNING AND DUMB, BUDDHISM IS A COOL HIP RELIGION!".
>>
>>78249480
I thought she acted more like a neurotic teenager there.
>>
There is no God nor Buddha.
>>
File: Kamen_rider_eurodata.png (562 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
Kamen_rider_eurodata.png
562 KB, 512x768
>>78249539
But there is Kamen Rider.
>>
>>78249459
Episodes like that always were the exception than the norm.
>>
>>78248795

What a fucked up show
>>
oh, a simpsons discussion

remember when these were actually good and allowed /co/'s more intellectual users to pick each others brains?

me neither
>>
>>78249459
No, they weren't.
I just rewatched the episode where Sidewhow Bob wants to blow up Springfield with an a-bomb and in the beginning they are talking about the air show where Lisa says she wants to meet the first female stealth bomber pilot whose name is also Lisa.
That's definitely not liberal.
Or when they had the pool and Lisa was popular all of a sudden, without caring about how much water they used, what chemicals could be in the water, how this was excluding people who can not go into water, etc.
Or when she was on vacation and the cool kids liked her.
>>
File: 1447030213374.png (232 KB, 366x455) Image search: [Google]
1447030213374.png
232 KB, 366x455
>>78249627
we love you superman
>>
>>78249957
I agree. No Homers is the right place to have in-depth Simpsons discussion, not /co/. You don't really find people here writing entire essays on the finer points of Homer's characterization in Season 3 vs his characterization in Season 5 here.
>>
>>78249483
Worse, it turned into an inferior copy of Lisa the Vegetarian.
>>
>>78249483
>Richard Gere
The Gerbil guy?
>>
>>78251172
Yeh but he wouldn't do the episode if they made gerbil jokes, so there unfortunately aren't any.
>>
Didn't Bart once get a teacher killed by the mob
Or pregnant and aborted?

I dunno, I seem to vaguely remember bart doing something fucked up with a guest-star teacher
>>
>>78251344
The second one yes.
>>
File: What_Animated_Women_Want_105.jpg (167 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
What_Animated_Women_Want_105.jpg
167 KB, 720x404
Let's just post the darn thing before that spammer does.
>>
>>78248023
You are saying that as if people don't find stupid reasons to lose/gain faith all the time.
>>
>>78249106
The closest thing was one of the halloween specials, when the dolphins she saved from Pollution eventually overthrew and destroyed humanity. Even her mom couldn't defend her.

"Lisa, you know when people tell you you're sometimes too smart for your own good? This would be one of those cases."
>>
Remember when Lisa was the character that made fun of bleeding heart liberals and activists? Seems like lately she's just become the writer's self insert "mandatory voice of reason" lately
>>
>>78252352
what's going on here?
>>
>>78253948
feet
>>
>>78253948
There's a spammer who always posts this same screencap of Lisa sitting in bed, so I figured I'd just get it over with before he shows up.
>>
>>78254015
But what if you're the spammer?
>>
>>78249627
underrated post
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.