[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to start with Marvel Unlimited for someone who has only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: unlimited.png (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unlimited.png
18 KB, 300x300
Where to start with Marvel Unlimited for someone who has only seen a few MCU films and watched a few videos on ComicExplained?
>>
Are there no infographic on /co/ or anything like that? You dudes should really have a sticky.
>>
Grab #1 with cover you like and knock yourself out.
>>
>>78244530
Fair enough.
I started with the Eternals. Good place?
>>
>>78244601
They're not appearing in much books, so if you become fan of someone, you're screwed. Couple of them are in Avengers and that's it.
And if you become fan of Eternals, give try to DC's New Gods, since they're created by same dude.
>>
>>78244491

I'd say go crazy, jump to the deep end and read shit like Steve Gerber's Howard the Duck or start from Fantastic Four #1 (1963) and just keep reading till you finish it.
>>
Anon, that's honestly a tough question to answer because you haven't said what type of shit you like
>>
>>78244491
Miller's Daredevil
>>
>>78244601
Like, Kirby's original run? Shit man, that's some top tier taste to start with. They rarely appear in any other comics, but the comic itself is fantastic. As far as MCU hooks, The Eternals explains the deal with the Celestials and a Celestial showed up in GotG so that's... something?

Anyone know if there is a list anywhere of everything on Marvel Unlimited? Be easier to recommend shit if I knew what they had.

Well, check to see if they have Marvels and Marvels: Eye of the Camera at least.
>>
>>78244625
Thanks for the recommendation man!

>>78244642
Nice. I read the first issue of Fantastic Four last night. I enjoy the honest sense of awe that these old-school comics have, you feel as if Stan Lee is directly hyping you up about the story in your ear.

>>78244937

True. I like pretty much anything, whatever is considered the best and most fundamental marvel lore to know is somewhere I'd love to start.

>>78245312
Nice. Gotta say the Netflix Original really gave me respect for Daredevil as a character so I'll definitely go back and read this.

>>78245582
That's right dawg, my friend (who incidentally got me into Marvel) suggested that exact same thing, I enjoyed GotG and I wanted to know more about the celestials. I have a boner for that kind of 'huge power' thing in a universe, a shrouded sense of mystery for the origins of life really interests me and I heard Kirby is a bad motherfucker so I'm going to go balls deep in the series.

As for the list of everything on MU, it took me a while to find as the layout is actually kinda bad, but if you go here http://marvel.com/comics/series - search for the series you want and tick the 'Marvel Unlimited' box after you click on it, you should find what you need.

And yes, both of those are available. Would you recommend them?
>>
Just kind of start with things that seem interesting to you. Superior Foes of Spider-Man is good and doesn't require a lot of outside information. Runaways is another good series. You can also go through some of the more pleb stuff like Civil War so that you can at least say that you've read them without actually wasting money on it specifically.

(Also there's a free month code again for anyone who doesn't know: FORCE).

>>78245582
I think this is the closest thing to a list they have up: http://marvel.com/comics/series
>>
>>78245755
>Would you recommend them?
Absolutely. Marvels is about a look at the marvel universe from the eyes of a photo-journalist. Marvels covers the Golden and Silver Ages, and Eye of the Camera covers the Bronze Age.

And it sounds like you'd really like Lee/Kirby's run on Fantastic Four. It's Marvel's best silver age comic and very much the basis for the Marvel Universe. The sheer number of concepts and characters that get introduced there is pretty staggering. The intro of the Inhumans, Galactus/Silver Surfer, and Black Panther are all back to back for example.

That site seems a bit unwieldy, so I'm just going to post my usual Marvel rec list and you can grab whatever interests you. Gimme a minute to see where I got it saved.

In the meantime, Lee/Kirby FF and Marvels/Marvels: Eye of the Camera are fantastic.
>>
>>78245755
Marvels and Eye of the Camera are must read.
>>
>Earth-X
>Shooter's Marvel Superheroes: Secret Wars
>Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four
>Bendis' Ultimate Spider-man
>Miller's Daredevil
>Simonson's Thor
>Busiek's Avengers
>Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme
>Morrison's New X-men
>Ellis' Moon Knight
>Iron man: Extremis
>Kelly's Deadpool
>Ennis' Punisher MAX
>Starlin's Warlock/Thanos Quest/Infinity Gauntlet
>Annihilation + all the tie-ins
>Steranko's Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD
>Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist
>Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-man
>Thunderbolts (everything except Fightbolts and Frankbolts which I don't know the issues for off the top of my head)
>Death of Captain Marvel
>Fraction's Hawkeye
>Millar's Ultimates 1 & 2
>Peter David's Incredible Hulk (or at least Future Imperfect since his run on Hulk is extremely long with some ups and downs, but FI is a pretty self-contained story within it and one of the highest points)
>X-Statix
>Remender's Uncanny X-force
>Silver Surfer: Requiem
>Bendis' Alias
>Ellis' NEXTWAVE
>Gillen's Journey into Mystery
>The Original Writer's Miracleman
>Moore's Captain Britain
>Kirby's The Eternals
>Lee/Jenkins' Inhumans
>Brubaker's Captain America
>BKV's Runaways
>Gerber's Howard the Duck
There ya' go. That'll get you a nice cross-section of most Marvel franchises. Then the ones you liked the most, you can dig deeper into those particular characters' other great runs/stories.

If there's any characters in particular you want more specific recs for, feel free to ask.
>>
>>78245823
>>78245827

Excellent, thanks guys! Massive help.

>>78245860
Fantastic man, thanks for the list, I've screenshot it and it's gonna be my bible over the coming weeks. I'm going to get blazed as a motherfucker now and get started.
>>
>>78247125
Awesome. Feel free to make some threads to discuss the things you read. /co/ is in desperate need of some actual comic discussion.
>>
Why DC is a fucking bitch and hasnt started their own spotify with comics? I subscribe to MU and would gladly sunscribe to DC, thats such a shitty buisness practice to miss this kind of oppourtunity...
>>
File: avatar_26b74f9825d2_128[1].png (37 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
37 KB, 128x128
>>78244519
there is a tumblr

http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.