[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my friend is planning to make a webcomic and he sent me the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 640x600
So my friend is planning to make a webcomic and he sent me the first panel. How does it look?
>>
it looks fine, but tell your '' friend '' that he needs to create cleaner lines and more details with the background.

Always use real life pictures as reference
>>
You must be 18+ to post on 4chan
>>
>>78235360
It looks awful to be honest familia
>>
>>78235360
If he wants the kind of webcomic that tells a story and isn't just jokes about X then he should make his comic more logically
He shouldn't get on the bus and then get to school in 4 panels, just make it happen on a different page, it needs more content to happen to show him actually doing things, expressing things, time proceeding and all that
also, in the 3rd panel, he should make more room for the characters to have text bubbles, unless he's planning on having those awful text boxes at the bottom of any and all dialogue filled panels; just have the characters have separate panels for each line. There's nothing wrong with actually putting in effort to make something. If you're going to make a webcomic, then you should make it look nice, because you shouldn't be proud of a webcomic that looks like shit

Advice: Just because it flows from panel to panel well and logically in your head, doesn't mean it flows well on paper
>>
>>78235433
If someone can't draw something out of their imagination (at this stage of their development) then I don't think reff'ing it would create a better image.
I think cartoonists (people who write and draw and letter all their own stuff) internalise "their" world and spit it onto paper; comic artists take the external world and pull their (or someone else's, usually) characters into "our" world. Does that make sense? I'm talking in generalities, of course...most cartoonists draw stuff they like drawing or know how to draw, of course it's good to test yourself and step out of your comfort zone as much as possible. I hope I don't sound patronising. I don't mean to. Also, surely EVERY cartoonist, beginner or not, knows the difference between a panel and a page? I might be wrong but this leads me to believe it actually is OP's friend's work and not OP. Like I said, I could be wrong, though.
>>78235360
Tell your friend he/she should get a copy of Ivan Brunetti's "Cartooning: Philosophy and Practice" and do the exercises in there, I think it'll help him or her.
>>
File: firstpages.png (1 MB, 1884x848) Image search: [Google]
firstpages.png
1 MB, 1884x848
>>78235360
Intros are one of the most important parts of a comic, and they'll let people know whether or not to keep reading. If your comic is going to have a plot hook beyond "high school sure is different and crazy!", make sure to establish that in the first page. And if it doesn't have a premise beyond that, GIVE IT ONE.
>>
>>78235360
>So my friend
>My friend
>friend.

OK, well your webcomic doesn't look that great to be honest. Work on your art.
>>
>>78235360
>and he sent me the first panel

And five others after that, I see.

Post in the webcomic threads and we'll help you out there. We're nice, usually.
>>
>>78235360
>Uh my friend, not me, totally my friend guys

Mate, we're an anonymous imageboard, no need to feel embarrassed.
>>
>>78235732
>Decompress decompress decompress
Fuck off bendis
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.