[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got my first 4 comics as a Christmas gift to me. Now get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: QtBIRmq.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
QtBIRmq.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
Just got my first 4 comics as a Christmas gift to me.

Now get in here and make fun of my pelb entry-level taste.
>>
>>78233425
They're good comics, everyone has to start somewhere. At least you didn't buy Civil War and Identity Crisis.
>>
those are all classics. Love Red Son in particular. Enjoy!
>>
>>78233425
Pretty good selection.
Kingdom Come, however, is better appreciated after having already read a shitton of comics.
>>
Well they *are* pretty entry level selections that you'd commonly see in big bookstores, although Kingdom Come especially and Long Halloween do demand a certain amount of foreknowledge of the universe, but you should be alright.
I hope you keep reading for years to come OP.
>>
yeah, they're all entry level but there's nothing wrong with that. they're your first four comics and you could have done much worse
>>
>>78233561
On the contrary, it's poorly structured, the cast isn't handled well(most characters don't even get one single line of dialogue) and the premise behind it is "FUCK DA NEW GENERATION, THE OLD STUFF WAS BETTER". The writing isn't the worst and the art works very well for the story, but it's the weakest of the four comics in the OP image.
>>
Yeah as others have said those are entry level as fuck, but they're not unenjoyable. You could do much worse.
>>
>>78233425
Just starting out OP?

Don't worry, /co/'s usually pretty friendly with beginners as long as they're open about it.

Those are all great books by the way. I'd check out some of GJ's Flash next if I were you, DC just released a TPB the first 12 or so issues for $25, it's a steal. Also maybe check out Ostrander's Suicide Squad, that also just got a TPB.
>>
at least it's classics and not marvel relaunch garbage by <insert trash writer like bendis>
>>
>>78233425
>Killing Joke

Some of Moore's worst work and it's worse that you got the ugly recolour.

>Kingdom Come

Alright comic, divisive art (though i think it's pretty good) but the writing is eh, especially the ending.

>Red Son

One of my favorite Superman comics so I won't criticise it because I'm biased.
>>
>>78233425
Red Son is the best of the four, OP. I'd say you did good, for your first comics. Enjoy them, broaden your tastes, looks for more works and comics written and drawn by the writers and artists you enjoyed the most. Don't just follow characters or companies, follow creators.
And most importantly, have fun, and enjoy your ride.
>>
>>78233710
>it's worse that you got the ugly recolour.
I don't even think they publish the original coloring even more actually.
>>
>>78233710
>Killing Joke
>Bad

Fuck off senpai.
>>
Actually OP, what you have here is the generic DC starter pack.

Kind of kidding aside, I actually really enjoyed TLH and KC.
>>
Long Halloween is great.
>>
>>78233425

These books are all fantastic. If you like them, Batman: Year One and All-Star Superman would be great additions to your collection.
>>
>>78233770
They don't but he's a casual who merely repeats opinions he's heard elsewhere so he probably doesn't know that.
>>
>>78233770
You can easily buy a copy off of ebay, it got so many printings it's no problem finding it.

>>78233840
What did you like about it?

>>78234005
What?
>>
you did ok, op
>>
>>78234068
It attempted to make sense of joker's existence and fleshed out the reasons for his insanity.
>>
>>78233425
If you're looking for an enjoyable superman read with a good overview of the character I'd highly recommend all star superman.
>>
>>78234068
>You can easily buy a copy off of ebay

Yeah for 20 dollars. New colors is under 10 on amazon right now.
>>
>>78233770
The OG color is in the Alan Moore DC collection
>>
>>78234724
The newer one doesn't have it, although it was solicited as being in there. The old one apparently does, but obviously out of print.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.