[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-Secret Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Origin of Galactus.jpg (435 KB, 980x1452) Image search: [Google]
Origin of Galactus.jpg
435 KB, 980x1452
Can some please explain to me how Universe 8 works? As far as I understand it we're still dealing with Earth 616 but in it's 8th incarnation after going through a cycle like Galactus' incarnation did but that still doesn't explain much. Are we not just dealing with the same characters who are carried over from "Universe 7" and other Earths? Did anything really become "All-New and All-Different" or did we really go nowhere? It's confusing me despite being a long time reader of Marvel.
>>
I'm generally confused too

I was under the impression after Secret Wars, no one would be aware of anything that happened during secret wars and before. Like completely grand new starting from the ground up.

ANAD just seems to be everyone just "doesn't remember" that secret wars happened. Isn't that how the original Secret Wars ended? Beyonder just put everyone back and made them forget what happened.
>>
>>78234400
That's the thing, doesn't seem like that's accurate ether considering things like the Triskelion being in 616 now or Miles' mom being back. Doesn't help that Secret Wars created a bunch of copies of characters so it's possible the ones carried over aren't even the originals.
>>
>>78234400
People DEFINITELY remembered the first Secret Wars when it happened

Only Doom forgot and that was due to bullshit where Doom was in a subplot Byrne wrote that had him body swap to avoid being burned alive and Byrne had to do a time loop story in order to salvage his original plan, leaving Doom with a gap in his memory from his time in SW.

That said, the whole thing is bullshit in so far as Marvel desperately WANTED to do a full-on reboot but chickenshitted out at the last minute.
>>
>>78235906
So the whole thing is just half-baked and will be brushed under the carpet? Not sure if I should have waited for those delayed issues before asking this.
>>
>>78236164
1. Marvel took a huge amount of shit when they delayed a huge chunk of their line during Civil War, so they couldn't do that to AN-AD Marvel. Especially since the SW5 tie-in books have sold for shit and Marvel's pissed off retaliers, who can't move crap and have seen sales tank because of fans boycotting the SW tie-ins.

2. Secret Wars 1 actually operated like we are seeing now with the new books coming out before SW5 ends.

They all had the main books show the team be kidnapped by the Beyonder and the next month had EVERYONE coming back, with all of changes from Secret War in effect.

Fans were required to read Secret Wars to find out what the fuck happened to everyone, why Thing quit the FF/give his roster spot to She-Hulk, what the deal was with Spidey's new sci-fi costume, what Colossus did to make him dump Kitty Pryde and what the giant dragon was that followed Lockheed home, etc. Things were kept super vague for the purpose of making people buy the series.
>>
God, this year must have been hell on Earth for comic shops.

Marvel suspends their entire line for over half the year for a bunch of mini-series hardly anyone bought.

DC suspends their entire line for two months AND when they come back, replaces half their line with SJW bullshit that no one wanted.

I'm surprised we have not heard horror stories about comic shops that went out of business in 2015 because of Marvel's bullshit.
>>
>>78236427
I thought Secret Wars was selling great
>>
>>78236467
The main series sells well and a couple of the mini-series that were nothing but fan service (Renew Your Vows, X-Men 92) sold well but by large, there has been a consistent angry backlash against the event from comic shop owners over how no one wants to buy the minis and how like with Convergence and the DC #0/Villain Month/Future End Month crap, fans are simply not buying anything and waiting impatiently for the main books to start back up again.

It says something, in a lot of ways, that Marvel still has some small sliver of good will from retailers: DC burnt retailers so badly with the one-two punch of Convergence and DCYou (a bunch of social justice bullshit books that no one wanted and some equally reviled retools for the main books) that they didn't even bother ordering the SJW books, which along with fans not wanting them, ensured such a quick demise for them, that DC could not even justify spiting the fans and keeping them going as vanity projects.
>>
>>78236618
Well, that's kind of good to hear. I really dislike the idea of Secret Wars and Marvel rebooting which it hasn't (?). DC hasn't bothered me as much but I can see where the complaints come from.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.