[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"My father cut the sky open." Can a smarter anon explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: CTkr0uSWcAA7kfH.png (683 KB, 513x810) Image search: [Google]
CTkr0uSWcAA7kfH.png
683 KB, 513x810
"My father cut the sky open."

Can a smarter anon explain the significance of this line to me
>>
In Myths and legends being the son of a badass makes you badass. By calling his Dad the sky-cutter Hal is letting Motherbox know that's she's about to get taken out for a ride.
>>
>>78221247
So basically Hal is just flirting with the motherbox.
>>
>>78221233

Imagery of a fighter jet 'cutting' through the sky like a blade and 'opening' up the sky to Hal as a domain he'd one day inhabit rather than merely view from below?

Seems like a neat metaphor.
>>
>>78221297
yes
>>
>>78221297
Yes, and it worked
>>
>>78221233
Yeah, I am too marvelling at King's command of the language after years of abuse by borderline illiterate fucks of mainline DC and Marvel. Hal there had more character than in the entire Johns run
>>
>>78221233

Hal was pretty dumb as a kid so his dad explained his job in words a 5 year old could understand.
>>
>>78223438
Isn't "I fly planes" easier for a five year old to understand than "I cut the sky open"?
>>
>>78221297
yeah just like the slut he is
>>
File: 1447232685144.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1447232685144.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>78223553
Jealous Bats?
>>
File: It's for research.jpg (137 KB, 720x929) Image search: [Google]
It's for research.jpg
137 KB, 720x929
>>78221297
>HalXMotherbox
Damn it, anon. I didn't needed this
>>
>>78223464
Only if you want your dumb kid to start asking why planes stay up and how you operate them.

Hal's dad liked to shut down curiosity before it could become time-consuming, and so couched all his explanations of the world to Hal in magical terms.
>>
>>78224036
For the few minutes that he had god powers he had plenty of time to fuck the mother ring
>>
>>78225237
>Mother Ring is quite taken by the dashing young Green Lantern
>"Mother Ring, can you erase yourself from existence?"
>"O-okay, Hal....."
>>
>>78225338
I-it's okay, I'm sure she actually made a pocket dimension where she can have her own happy remnant of God Hal ;_;
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.