[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11
File: Transformers Holiday Special.jpg (793 KB, 989x1500) Image search: [Google]
Transformers Holiday Special.jpg
793 KB, 989x1500
Is There a new Transformers comics out this week?

I hope it's the Holiday special.
>>
Where can I purchase a Rodimus Star for my tree?
>>
Just RID2015 this week. Try checking the win-o-thread first next time.
>>
>>78221185
Anyone interested in the upcoming Deviations story where Optimus survives the movie? Given how many future GEEWUN knobs flipped when he was killed off I'm interested to see the reaction to it.
>>
>>78222538
I'm interested, but not pressingly so.

It's like, ok, Optimus lives, so what?
Unicron wouldn't attack Cybertron while the Matrix was in play, that's why he made Galvatron
If Prime survives, and Galvatron doesn't exist, what happens? Unicron does nothing because he's shit baked that Prime will kill him?

I guess we might get a cool "huge battle to reclaim Cybertron from the remaining Decepticons," but how is that any different than any other Bots vs Cons story?
>>
>>78222591
I'd love it if they have him survive the movie only to be killed off again like in the Jap Headmasters cartoon.
>>
>>78222633
>"Well done Autobots, we killed Megatron and saved Autobot City. Now let's press our advantage and retake Cybertron!"
>After interrupting the coronation, Optimus is killed by Starscream in the EXACT SAME way Megatron killed him in the movie

Shit would be so cash
>>
File: unicronwantsenergongoodies.jpg (367 KB, 1383x1230) Image search: [Google]
unicronwantsenergongoodies.jpg
367 KB, 1383x1230
>>78222591

how about when Unicron shows up, Optimus fails to open the Matrix and Cybertron and Earth are both eaten and destroyed?
>>
>>78221185
>Autobot Megatron
Either 'What sorcery is this?' or 'I've been out of the loop for too long'
>>
>>78223128
>Optimus fails to open the Matrix

kek, as if. Even for a "what if" story, I'm sure most people would cry bullshit.

>>78223217
He's been an Autobot for a couple years now. Happened during Dark Cybertron.

And it's arguably the best thing that's ever happened to the character
>>
If Unicron is the Chaos-Bringer, why hasn't there been a series that used a order-chaos war in the background?
Like they could have the Primes didived 6 and 6 between Fidel and Fallen with Prima (Fealty to Primus), Vector (Time), Micronus (Loyalty to superiors), Nexus (Duty to society), Alpha Trion (Wisdom), Quintus (Judgement) being alligned to Primus, while Megalonus (Self-Determination), Solus Prime (Creation), Alchemist (Consumption), Onyx (Instinct), Liege (Charisma), Amalgamous (Adaptation) being Unicron-alligned.
Like most coninuities, there would be an endless war between Autobots fighting for the existing world, the safety of people from those who seeking to harm them and stability while Decepticons would be lead by Megatron and have removal of the current system for one that emphasises meritocracy, self-defence and freedom brought about through violent revolution.
Then Nova Prime would be created as the 13th using Optimus Prime as the template and the closest being to Primus with Rollout being the Ophanim to his Seraphim via transport nature and mass-production Sunstorm that preach the words of Primus. Chaos side would have Galvatron created using Megatron as basis and have Galvatron and Scourge in the expected roles.
A horned planet approaches and becomes a giant robot Cybertron and to the shock of inhabitants the planet Cybertron also turns into a giant robot.
>>
>>78223535
Nova Prime and Galvatron would try and recruit their "Father"s to their side, but would reject in a "Destroying others simply for being different" and "persuing removal of existing for its own end instead of goal of creating a better one" repulsing them. There would be a cool scene where Optimus and Megatron are speaking parallel speeches with mirrored movements, switching between the two and having the last line said together, throwing the symbolic Matrix of Leadership and Megatron's good luck charm evocative of the Unicron faction symbol away. The Autobots and Decepticons fight as brothers against both Primus and Unicron and build an ideal society which protects its people but is flexible enough to let people pursue their own dreams and passions out of the corpses of the gods.
Then it would turn out that there are many Cybertron and Unicron planets in the universe, which are aspects of greater God and each have their own Transformer societies develop on them so that while our incarnation is done, the same war wages all over.
Maybe for a closer to balanced gender distrobution, Alpha Trion, Quintus, and Megalotronus would be female and Nexus and Onyx are hermaphrodites.

Chaos-structure would be like:
Pride-Megalonus
Wrath-Galvatron
Lust-Onyx
Vanity-Leige
Greed-Solus
Envy-Adaptus
Gluttony-Alchemist
Melancholy-Cyclonus
Sloth-Scourge
>>
>>78223217
Basically, in IDWverse, Megatron's been having a crisis of faith in his own movement (believing he betrayed his ideals of change for the better by killing everyone), made even worse with his last defeat by the hands of the Autobots, and Starscream's victory in his control of Cybertron.

When Shockwave and his minions attempt to compromise space-time continuum into a single point, Megatron (with the help of Bumblebee/Goldfire/Goldbug) tries to stop them. Bumblebee's killed by Shockwave, and in a moment of clarity and desperation, Megatron joins the Autobots to shock and confuse Shockwave.

After Shockwave is stopped, Megatron's put on trial for his crimes, but manages to convince Optimus to put him on the Lost Light to search for the Knights of Cybertron to give him a more objective sentencing. Megatron's been on the Lost Light since then.

I like this new character development, even though I have a feeling he'll go back to being a Decepticon. If that's the case, I at least hope he keeps said character development.
>>
>>78222538
What is this Deviations story you speak of? Is this a comic?
>>
>>78223584
>even though I have a feeling he'll go back to being a Decepticon.

I really really hope they don't do this

Honestly, I don't think the title of "Decepticon" can be redeemed in the IDWverse, and I don't want to see Megatron just become a "bad guy" again.

Ideally, with the direction the character is taking, I would rather see his story end rather than fall back to an old status quo.

Whether or not he finds the Knights, and whether the aftermath of the quest results in his exoneration or his death, I just want it to have closure.
>>
>>78223732
This. Death is the only option for a compelling story. Torch the universe on your way out when the current series ends because anything new will make it worse.
>>
>>78223732
I don't disagree with you.

>>78223768
If Megatron is to die, I would like for him a blaze of glory.
Like... he sacrifices himself in a moment of selflessness to save the people he cares for (even if they don't necessarily like him back).

May be cheesy or whatever, but I'm kinda thinking in a similar way to how Star Trek's James Kirk's father dies in the opening scene in the reboot movie (he crashes the ship into another one to buy the others more time).
>>
File: google.jpg (9 KB, 357x153) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
9 KB, 357x153
>>78223694
>>
>>78223694
IDW's version of What If? or Elseworlds.
>>
File: megatron sound of music.jpg (117 KB, 540x362) Image search: [Google]
megatron sound of music.jpg
117 KB, 540x362
>>78223584
>>78223732
>>78223953
>If Megatron is to die, I would like for him a blaze of glory.
Like... he sacrifices himself in a moment of selflessness to save the people he cares for (even if they don't necessarily like him back).

May be cheesy or whatever, but I'm kinda thinking in a similar way to how Star Trek's James Kirk's father dies in the opening scene in the reboot movie (he crashes the ship into another one to buy the others more time).

I would be perfectly content with that.
>>
File: rodstar.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rodstar.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
>>78222208
Someone in tumblr made their own and started selling them, they are small brooches though.
>>
I heard Steve is canon, after all these years
>>
>>78225007
Canon doesn't mean shit in Transformers
>>
File: 42325068_p32.jpg (639 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
42325068_p32.jpg
639 KB, 800x600
>>78225098
But it's still nice
>>
>>78225098
No, it definitely does.
>>
File: vehicon action figures.jpg (194 KB, 944x540) Image search: [Google]
vehicon action figures.jpg
194 KB, 944x540
>>78225007

you mean Steve the Vehicon?
>>
File: tumblr_nzfx7nlPpw1tiqvvbo1_500h.jpg (193 KB, 1605x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzfx7nlPpw1tiqvvbo1_500h.jpg
193 KB, 1605x500
>>78225289
>>
>>78225405
YES!

What book is this? I'll take 12
>>
>>78225405
>Making jokes out of severe head trauma
This is RiD15, yup.
>>
>>78225537
>RiD15

Oh, shit. That's disappointing. I had hoped this was like a Windblade comic or something
>>
File: nice..jpg (16 KB, 517x316) Image search: [Google]
nice..jpg
16 KB, 517x316
>>78225405

cool.
>>
>>78225405

Pandering AND unfunny. How sad.
>>
>>78225537

Great isn't it? The more pussies we can turn off from comics the better they'll get. PC stands for pussy crushing.
>>
File: what_the_hell_is_that.png (91 KB, 205x200) Image search: [Google]
what_the_hell_is_that.png
91 KB, 205x200
Still I have no idea what the hell Roddy has on his forehead.
>>
>two active transformers generals
Keep it to one thread, please.
>>
>>78228363
his crest?
>>78228388
>active
>>
File: idw selfie.png (498 KB, 418x654) Image search: [Google]
idw selfie.png
498 KB, 418x654
>>78228388

that thread was about the Transformers Movie Universe, this is a general.

I felt it worked better that we can discuss everything else here.
>>
>>78228458
>>78228530
>>78187547
>>
>>78228596
>37 posts
>140 posts since monday, which includes story times

Sure is alive.
>>
>>78224080
Some guy on Shapeways makes big sized ones.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.