[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /co/ like The Long Halloween?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 1293x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 1293x2000
Does /co/ like The Long Halloween?
>>
Your mom likes my "Long Halloween".
>>
>>78212187

It's seen as one of the best, yes. Dark Victory not so much
>>
>>78212232
What's bad about Dark Victory?
>>
>>78212778
BUMP
U
M
P
>>
>>78212778
Not him, but nothing really, I'm just mad because it knocked year 3 out of continuity
>>
>>78213398
>year 3
literally who
>>
>>78213571
The first post-crisis origin of Dick Grayson.
pic related is also the first appearance of Tim Drake
>>
>>78213896
Is it the comic where Tim found out that Batman was Bruce Wayne?

Is it good?
>>
>>78212187
It's pretty good. Sale's art (outside of his Joker) is fantastic, and it's a good mystery, up until the very end. The big reveal feels kind of thrown together and doesn't actually make a whole ton of sense when you retroactively apply it to the rest of the story.
>>
>>78213944
this
I really liked that it was all very detective-ish and serious, like a noir film, but then the conclusion just tried to hard to surprise and it didn't feel like it made sense
>>
>>78213924
No, its the arc before that, Tim is 3 years old and sees the Flying Graysons fall to their deaths. And I think its pretty good, I've storytimed it here before, but don't really have the tike to do it again right now
>>
>>78214022
While we're on the subject, what issues actually have Tim discover bruce, and is that story as good as it sounds?
>>
>>78214061
Batman 440-442 and New Titans 60-61 it's pretty good
>>
>>78212187
It's terrible
The art is seriously some of the worst cape art ever put to print
Tim Sales joker has a mouth full of baleen
His characters all look the same, sharp long nose bags under eyes, long square face and chin.
as if the art isn't bad enough the storyline is totally barren, an empty assemblage of cliches borrowed from the godfather and other popular films (the Hannibal lecter esque Calender Man is particularly cringey) and as a sequel to Frank Millers fine work in Year One it falls particularly flat by failing to integrate the supernatural aspects of the story into the "gritty realism" of its knock-off mafia plot
>>
>>78214679
K
>>
>The art is seriously some of the worst cape art ever put to print
MAXIMUM PLEB
>>
>>78212778
I really liked Dark Victory, but my biggest complaint against it is that it felt too similar to Long Halloween. In terms of the main plot, they're almost the same story.
>>
this about sums it up
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/05/10/the-reread-reviews-batman-the-long-halloween/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.