[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted to like this show but the humor/jokes just feel really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: daria.png (84 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
daria.png
84 KB, 500x375
I wanted to like this show but the humor/jokes just feel really dated now

Does it get better at some point?
>>
Not particularly, it's a bit of a cult classic, either you love it or hate it.

Plus, it's iconic, but it still ages.
>>
yea, I mean it's pretty accepted that it's perfect time capsule cartoon of about 98 to pre-9/11. So it was great at the time and it still works for people who remember that period but it's a weakness to everyone else
>>
>>78211048
Especially if you can watch with the original soundtrack
>>
>>78210401
Maybe this Daria is more to your liking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mz7koRoeE
>>
>>78212711
This show was utter cancer.
>>
>>78210401
the humor feels dated to you? shit, not to me. it's like king of the hill, it's funny forever
now the references, styles, attitudes, music.. yeah that's old as balls
but kevin and brittany being homestar-tier idiots? daria and jane's snarky remarks? Trent's lyrics? literally every word out of mr dimartino and o'neil's mouths? just, every single moment with Jake? You're gonna tell me that shit isnt funny to you anymore?
>>
>>78211048
Wasn't it 94 to 96?
>>
>>78211836
I miss the original soundtrack..
>>
>>78212711
you know, in retrospect, seeing as we didn't have any other information about Daria at the time except that she lives in this craphole of a town... why the fuck did she get named Daria? Isn't that an even WEIRDER name in that part of the country?
>>
>>78212711
>Daria will never instruct you to digitall oscillate your wiener
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.