[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: TFA.jpg (834 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
TFA.jpg
834 KB, 2400x1621
The Final Countdown Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: "Legacy":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--x3TcdnpPjSGZEWnF0RkU2T2c/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!w5w3QQzS!kEXw8EpWWhF9izE5K2JpvQ

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXrcuPR4XQ

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels & Comics (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ
https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars Soundtracks MEGA (Work-in-Progress):
https://mega.nz/#F!xocwwSiT!M8RpDwmmI37P24_TRzBKug
>>
I told myself I was going to stay off 4chan this week. I obviously didn't make it. Hi my name is David.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 457x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 457x690
>>78209287

First for tentacles
>>
>>78209483
No one cares.
>>
Jacen >>>> Ren
>>
>>78209673
Canon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EU
>>
>>78209745

>EUhaters:hurt nobody cares about your fanfics
>TFA is just ff.net tier garbage that rips off the EU anyway
>>
What's going on with the threads?
>>
File: 500px-Hi_res_holeguy.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500px-Hi_res_holeguy.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>78209483
>Hi my name is David.
Do you ride your teeny tiny bicicleta to school?
>>
Finn gets friendzoned

There'll be shitposting alright.
>>
>>78209984
Asspain
>>
>>78209810
>hasn't seen movie
>assuming what it is
Hurr
Oh wait I forgot msw is God despite themselves admitting their sources are basically gossip.
>>
>>78210147

First stage: Denial
>>
Star Wars: The Force Awakens has potential to get a nomination for Best Picture: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/oscars-star-wars-force-awakens-848906
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
>>78210574
That's a good one, fellas.
>>
>>78210637
Face it kid, TFA is great and no one cares about Mad Max anymore.
>>
>>78210679
>Maybe if I keep shilling Disney they'll give me free stuff!
>>
>>78210574

I've been seeing people talk about that since like october
>>
>>78210906

>Abrams killed the EU so he could make his own fanfics the one and only canon
>Ren is just the Tappy Toes knock off of Jacen

Kek
>>
>>78210952
Don't forget Snoke=Plagueis and the First Order is the Imperial Remnant. TFA is a chinese KO of the EU.

>>78210574
How many cocks did Abrams suck for this?
>>
File: SWREP55-FC.jpg (4 MB, 1646x2500) Image search: [Google]
SWREP55-FC.jpg
4 MB, 1646x2500
>Battle of Jabiim still not mentioned or canon

They went to the trouble of stealing Alph- sorry 'Rex' but they don't even mention the only interesting battle in the Clone Wars?

It's literally the battle that looks most like the War the original trilogy had pictured.
>>
>>78210981
>White race killed because star wars

I've seen some race bait on my time on this site but this? Woo boy.
>>
>>78210981
>poetry
>literally rhymes

YOU CAN'T FUCKING MAKE THIS SHIT UP, SENPAI!
>>
>>78211019
Guess they are trying to bury every idea that Haden Blackman contributed to the Clone Wars. All the background stuff for example he contributed to Ventress, Durge and Jango has all been retconned or declared obsolete.
>>
Casting calls for new characters in EPISODE VIII, maybe.

>"JOHN" (40's-50's) l A powerful poltical figure manipulating all sides of the conflict for his own benefit. A master strategist with ever-shifting allegiances who appears to be always one step ahead of his enemies.

This is the role Benicio Del Toro is in discussions for.

>"SARA" (mid-20's - Early 30's) l A brave and resourceful warrior deeply committed to the ideals of justice and peace and unwaveringly loyal to her comrades, who joins the fray in the wake of a dangerous mission.

This is the role Gugu Mbatha-Raw is in discussions for.

>"MARY" (Mid-20's - early 30's) l A restless idealist whose endearing optimism masks a shadowy past and harbors a dark secret.

>"MAX" (Early 30's to early 40's) l A brutal and merciless warrior and leader of a dangerous faction dedicated to wreaking havoc and destruction.

>"RYAN" (mid-20's - mid-30's) l A soldier of fortune who has chosen to abandon his ideals to survive and protect his brother, with a strong sense of justice buried under a facade of cynism, just waiting to be reignited.

>"CHRIS" (Early 20's - early 30's) l A charming, quick-witted soldier of fortune along with his brother, constantly divided between a philosophy of self-preservation and a deep-rooted desire to help others, which might be the foreshadow of a greater calling.
>>
>>78211113
Here's an Episode VIII spoiler for you true believer:

KY LO REN
AN A KIN
>>
>>78210981
Why is /tv/ so desperate to discredit this movie because DA JOOS DA KUKS

Not even /pol/ is autistic enough
>>
>>78211118

Honestly, I'm not really that butthurt about TCW retcons, at least TCW for all its monkeying with established lore, had a certain, I don't know respect for EU material for as much it did stuff like take Alpha and make him Rex.

Not even Lucas, for all his faults, sunk to the low that Abrams seems have
>>
>>78210574
If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>78211213
Is this a copypasta?
>>
>>78211198
>at least TCW for all its monkeying with established lore
This. The War itself is pictured as like, 'Anakin and pals' off on another adventure, not a war that is ravaging the galaxy to the point where the only outcome is to unify under a powerful Imperial might.
>>
>>78209984
Shitposting, like always. You guys are the worst thread on /co/
>>
>>78211198
>sunk to the low that Abrams seems have
Get over it.
>>
File: george-miller-300x276.jpg (21 KB, 300x276) Image search: [Google]
george-miller-300x276.jpg
21 KB, 300x276
>>78210679
>no one cares about a game changing film that made every respectable critic circle's top film of the year and is now nominated for best picture of the year at the Golden Globes AND the Oscars

The denial is strong in this one.
>>
>>78211234
I really mean it. Watch some elite-tier anime and you will realize the inherent inferiority of American-style story making. For something more in line with 4chan's and in particular /pol/'s tastes, you should definitely check out something like Legend of the Galactic Heroes or Berserk. It honestly will turn you into a more politically-savvy, sophisticated individual. High-brow anime can seriously expand minds, despite of all the negative propaganda and stigmas surrounding its fandom in the West.
>>
>"Oh, J.J. is terrified," Spielberg said. "There's a lot of pressure on J.J. to start paying Disney back for, you know, the franchise they bought from George Lucas."

>J.J. Abrams desperatley wants you to tell him he's a good director because he knows he's not.

Poor fella. All he wanted was mommy and daddy's love. If he had gotten that, then maybe George Miller would be directing Star Wars.
>>
>>78211295

Keep in mind that TCW was a more kid friendly take on the Clone Wars. That didn't bug me so much, especially when some arcs stand out really for the maturity of their writing despite being toned down for kids. The retcons did bug me, but they weren't trying to take complete shit on the EU, more like rework some elements for a more casual audience and if you wanted, you could always ignore shit like the Zillo beast. I did like how they handled the clones in many episodes.

Abrams,however, being the complete egomaniac that he is, was successful in doing to Star Wars what they refused to let him do with Star Trek
>>
>>78211139
Cast the remaining roles, /co/.
>>
>>78210147
You haven't been around /tv/ yet, spoilers all around.
>>
>>78211365
No
>>
>>78211234
Yeah, it was on /tv/.
>>
>>78211421
>Abrams,however, being the complete egomaniac
It was the story group you fuccboi. There's no way they could have told an original story set in the post-ROTJ with the OT characters while keeping the post-ROTJ EU around.
>>
File: 1435767594694.jpg (216 KB, 936x1404) Image search: [Google]
1435767594694.jpg
216 KB, 936x1404
>>78211479
Here's your Max
>>
>>78211139
>"JOHN" (40's-50's) l A powerful poltical figure manipulating all sides of the conflict for his own benefit. A master strategist with ever-shifting allegiances who appears to be always one step ahead of his enemies.
Idris Elba

>"SARA" (mid-20's - Early 30's) l A brave and resourceful warrior deeply committed to the ideals of justice and peace and unwaveringly loyal to her comrades, who joins the fray in the wake of a dangerous mission.
Lena Dunham

>"MARY" (Mid-20's - early 30's) l A restless idealist whose endearing optimism masks a shadowy past and harbors a dark secret.
Felicia Day

>"MAX" (Early 30's to early 40's) l A brutal and merciless warrior and leader of a dangerous faction dedicated to wreaking havoc and destruction.
Mark Wahlberg

>"RYAN" (mid-20's - mid-30's) l A soldier of fortune who has chosen to abandon his ideals to survive and protect his brother, with a strong sense of justice buried under a facade of cynism, just waiting to be reignited.
James Deen

>"CHRIS" (Early 20's - early 30's) l A charming, quick-witted soldier of fortune along with his brother, constantly divided between a philosophy of self-preservation and a deep-rooted desire to help others, which might be the foreshadow of a greater calling.
Emma Watson
>>
>>78211543
>There's no way they could have told an original story set in the post-ROTJ with the OT characters while keeping the post-ROTJ EU around.

With this in mind.

Should they have even made another Star Wars movie. marketing and merch aside, should they?
>>
>>78210147
>forgetting that Kylo Ren is Ben Solo
>assuming that Han doesn't die to Ren
>waiting on Luke only appearing in the last 30 seconds with one line
>>
>>78211622
This is something I don't get. Why the hell would Han and Leia name their son Ben?
They hardly knew Obi Wan or had any deep relationship to him. Luke naming his son Ben was always the logical choice.
>>
>>78211543

You don't have to though. The problem isn't an alternate universe. If you wanted to do a reworked version of Jacen Solo, that's fine. TCW reworked a few EU characters too. But thats quite different from what Abrams and Disney did.
>>
>>78211592
I took you seriously for a moment there
>>
>>78211709
If he's really Han's son then Kylo's literally an ORIGINAL DONUT STEAL version of Jacen.
>>
>>78211612
No. There was literally no reason to other than milking purposes.
>>
File: Star Wars Republic 58-021.jpg (781 KB, 1024x2745) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Republic 58-021.jpg
781 KB, 1024x2745
>>78211019
It was great. I especially loved the part where Anakin thinks Obi-Wan is dead, I personally think it was handled much better than in the similar arc in TCW.
>>
File: Manyyodas.jpg (433 KB, 546x776) Image search: [Google]
Manyyodas.jpg
433 KB, 546x776
"SILENCE!"
>>
I think I've got my showing.
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>78212288
So?
>>
>>78212288
Like early or day it comes out?

>theatre near my uni is STILL selling tickets because people have the mindset that it is sold out everywhere
>tfw buying $7 tickets and selling for $15-20 each
>>
The Times gives TFA five out of five stars!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/film/article4642195.ece
>>
>literally redoing the shittiest part of the eu
>but even shittier
why.
>>
>>78211779
mods woke up, time for funposting is over
>>
>>78212432
The Vong are in the movie?!?
>>
>>78212462
Even the Vong weren't as bad as Legacy by the time the plug was pulled.
>>
>>78212462
Snoke = Vong confirmed
>>
>>78212462
What the f... hold on, you imagine me literally pronounce this "f" in "fuck."
>>
>>78212432
Wait, you've already seen the movie? And are we going to see the Vong in the first act already?
>>
>>78212462
>implying evil jacen arc wasn't 9X shittier
>mando sues
>gays
>mara Jade dying
>Cadeus being a retard
>>
>>78212462
Snoke actually is the Vong. Like not literally but in concept he's very similar to them.
>>
>>78212503
Evil jacen was much worse though.
>>
>>78211378
>High-brow anime can seriously expand minds

To bad that's between 1 and 10 % of all anime ever produced. Just because you pack your animated schlock with pseudo-intellectual dialog doesn't make it any less of a schlock.
>>
File: no.jpg (16 KB, 255x197) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
16 KB, 255x197
>>78212424
>hiding articles behind paywalls
How Jewish can someone be?
>>
>>78212509
>gays
wut
>>
>>78212582
there were 2 gay mando's who jaina trained with.
>>
>>78212587
I see, what was wrong with them?
>>
Is anyone going to stream the Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel on ESPN?

I'm not late, am I?
>>
>>78212600
being gay
>>
>>78212626
Over an hour late
>>
>>78212627
Oh, so nothing, got it.
>>
>>78212627
Were they written how Wendig wrote his gay characters, or was there more to them than being gay?
>>
First "official" review that I know of.

http://www.geekster.be/star-wars-vii-the-force-awakens-a-new-generation-a-new-beginning/

>A New Hope in a new jacket
>The story might be lacking, they have unmistakably nailed the feel of this movie.
>>
>>78212627
That's two dudes, not two chicks, right?
>>
>>78212777
yeah

>>78212719
nope just gay
>>
>>78212719
Honestly, I had no issue with Wendig's gay characters. Literally, being a gay was a footnote for all of them, and wasn't their defining feature (MAYBE you could argue that for the aunts, but Sinjir, definitely not).
>>
>>78212741
So....shit. Thanks, you literally saved me 15 bucks.
>>
Another TFA review: http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/movies/2015/12/15/the-force-with-star-wars-the-force-awakens/KyOQ1W4zeMyVDncrIirp5M/story.html

>Abrams understands what George Lucas never quite figured out: that we’re less interested in the science fiction future than we are in revisiting the past. We don’t really want to see what happens next in that galaxy far, far away. We want to recapture what it felt like the first time we arrived, in 1977, with a movie called “Star Wars.”

>We want to go home. “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” takes us there.
>>
>>78212911
>We don’t really want to see what happens next in that galaxy far, far away.
Why are people like this allowed to be fans of things?
>>
>>78212897
The same "critic" praised Jurassic World. You're a moron if you trust his judgement.
>>
>>78212911
jesus. its worse than i feared. but i already have tickets. what do.
>>
>>78212911
>fellating a movie by saying it's a blatant rehash as a major selling point.
Is this really what we've become? Am I just getting too old for this shit?
>>
>>78212932
To be fair, it's basically repeating what MSW leaked, what was in the pastebin, and what that redditor stated.
>>
>>78212941
If you can't get a refund, just either use the tickets or give them to someone else. Better than just letting them go to waste.
>>
>>78212897
>>78212941
Are you people not able to judge a movie by yourselves?
>>
>>78211543
>It was the story group you fuccboi.

[citation needed]
>>
>>78212911
Gross.
>>
>>78212978
I want to judge it without having to pay off Abram's corporate masters. I'll wait for the camrip.
>>
>/tv/ has invaded these threads

What do?
>>
>>78213146
So it's not just me who is thinking that.

Best thing to do is ignore like always.
>>
File: 1419301228804.jpg (41 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
1419301228804.jpg
41 KB, 600x330
>>78212741
>A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… But not quite as long ago as the last time we were allowed to visit George Lucas’s epic universe.
wat
>>
File: Palpatine_and_Anakin.jpg (135 KB, 1365x580) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine_and_Anakin.jpg
135 KB, 1365x580
>>78211019
>It's literally the battle that looks most like the War the original trilogy had pictured.

You mean the war you had pictured, surely. The Original Trilogy made only two or three mentions to the Clone Wars, and even then they were passing mentions.

>>78211295
Though I too will miss the Battle of Jabiim, I don't mind at all that the Clone Wars as we know them now was mostly high adventure with occasional and gradual bouts of grit. I still have a bit of an ire that the show was concentrated around Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme and Ahsoka's adventures during the war without too much regard for the rest of the Jedi Order, but at the end of the day it ended up doing much better in terms of presenting the politics behind the Republic's amusingly overt transformation into a tight-fisted Empire. Lots of fun Sheeving, there was. The war's "ravaging" the galaxy was simply a backdrop for the Jedi to play in. The real war was in Sheev's orchestrating attacks on institutions and interests so he could further consolidate power around his office. Coruscant and/or the Temple were attacked more than a few times until the eventual invasion by Grievous' fleet. The banks had been through a massive embezzlement scandal and control of them briefly changed hands between the Confederacy and Republic. Assassinations of key political figures took place in the galactic capital. The war was not just to kill the Jedi off, but to make the politicans feel so unsafe that they had to put all their power and trust in Palpatine because he, amidst everything that had happened, presented himself as the only one well in control of both himself and current events.
>>
>>78213214
It means the sequels take place after the prequels
>>
>>78213214
It's simple

The Prequels took place 30-some years before the Originals. The Sequels take place 30 years after the Originals. Thus, we're a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, but now not quite as long ago because the galaxy we're seeing now is some sixty-some years into the future since the last time we saw it - that last time being the Prequels

Or at least that's my take on it
>>
File: 1429671689597.gif (34 KB, 800x399) Image search: [Google]
1429671689597.gif
34 KB, 800x399
>>78212911
>we’re less interested in the science fiction future than we are in revisiting the past. We don’t really want to see what happens next in that galaxy far, far away. We want to recapture what it felt like the first time we arrived, in 1977
I hate nostalgia, I hate it with every fiber of my being. Because heaven forbid someone want to see something different, rather than the same shit, but just in a new paintjob. Being stagnant never did any franchise any good in the long run.
>>
>>78213458

Star Wars is a franchise built out of nostalgia, anon.

You might as well get mad that the Indiana Jones movies keep the tone of 1940's adventure serials.
>>
File: Dass.jpg (313 KB, 678x793) Image search: [Google]
Dass.jpg
313 KB, 678x793
>>78213458
Go abblo abblo somewhere else baby.
>>
>>78213458
If truly wanted to see something original you'd watch something that wasn't from a franchise
>>
>>78213503
>>78213519
>>78213523
Come on. Do you really think it's impossible to -not- make ANH 2? Is there really no other story they could have used for Episode 7?
>>
File: take your vengeance.jpg (1008 KB, 3600x2025) Image search: [Google]
take your vengeance.jpg
1008 KB, 3600x2025
>>78212911
>Abrams understands what George Lucas never quite figured out: that we’re less interested in the science fiction future than we are in revisiting the past. We don’t really want to see what happens next in that galaxy far, far away.

...but... this new Trilogy literally takes place thirty years into the Original Trilogy's future. This makes no sense.

>We want to recapture what it felt like the first time we arrived, in 1977, with a movie called “Star Wars.”

So you literally want to watch the same movie in a new coat over and over and over again

God, George was right
>>
File: STWVADER2015018-3559a.jpg (313 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
STWVADER2015018-3559a.jpg
313 KB, 900x1366
These Vader covers are great. Now if only the interiors were as nice...
>>
File: 1432157572587.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1057) Image search: [Google]
1432157572587.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1057
>>78213458
We'll always have Mad Max.

Miller actually pushed boundaries.
>>
>>78213582
ANH follows the heroes journey extremely closely. No shit other things are going to have a similar plot to it.
>>
>>78212911
>We want to recapture what it felt like the first time we arrived, in 1977, with a movie called “Star Wars.”
We did, it was the special editions that were rereleased. Are we doing that again?
>>
File: j.j.-abrams.jpg (30 KB, 620x473) Image search: [Google]
j.j.-abrams.jpg
30 KB, 620x473
The JJ Defense Force is out with a strong showing tonight.
>>
>>78213656
yes.
>>
No space battles between warships in TFA

:(
>>
File: Punished Dass.jpg (222 KB, 900x1379) Image search: [Google]
Punished Dass.jpg
222 KB, 900x1379
>>78213582
They could have tried something different i blame JJ and with him gone a new hope awakens.
>>
so how long till this is retconned to episode X and episode's VII-IX are about not!Jacen's downfall?
>>
>>78213503
>>78213519
>>78213523
We are apparently thirty years into the future and we sill have the Empire vs. Rebels going on, as well as getting the Death Star 3, Planet Edition. And Luke still gets shit on and more or less made the hopeful message of RotJ a joke, the Jedi were massacred and he became a hermit like Obi-Wan. Wow, so groundbreaking. .

We knew what this was going to be from the get-go, JJ Abrams Pandering schlock to appease the normies.

But hey, how about those practical effects.
>>
File: come on now.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
come on now.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>78213629
Really? A droid crashes on a desert planet. The droid makes its way to some nobody on the planet then they join with a soldier, an old man, and a pilot to get the plans hidden in the droid to the -not- rebels. Meanwhile -not- Vader is chasing them while -not- Tarkin prepared the --not- Death Star to attack the -not- rebel base.

I'm as excited for TFA as the next guy, but you can't sit there and tell me it's impossible to make a new story that isn't ripping off ANH. So do you think Episode 8 will just rip off ANH too? Or do you think they're going to rip off ESB because it's impossible to make new stories.
>>
>>78213725
the prequels used a lot of practical effects too. didnt make them not shit.
>>
>>78213656
>Are we doing that again?
Yes

>>78213666
Satan is right, we are getting the same shit over again.
>>
>>78213670
What the hell? I thought it was confirmed that Ackbar would show up?
>>
>>78213725
>But hey, how about those practical effects.

Done better elsewhere.
>>
>>78213725
>normies
Opinion discarded.

Star Wars was made for normies. The neckbeards came later. You're whining that a normie franchise is being made for normies.
>>
>>78213670
Of course not, anon

Space battles aren't fun - or did you not get the memo
>>
>>78213743
Rian Johnson is making Episode 8, so like, it'll probably be more original.

Of course they were going to play it safe with the first one.
>>
>>78213582
Of course, but then everyone would complain about it "not being Star Wars". I don't even mind nostalgia, I just wanna see a good movie with likeable characters. No one liked ANH because it was "original".
>>
>>78213747
Ackbar doesn't mean space battles
>>
>>78213807
ANH was literally The Hidden Fortress set in a world that was a mashup of Flash Gordon, Asimov and Dune.
>>
>>78213807
That's not true at all.

There had been space movies, there had been adventure movies, but at the time, there had been nothing like Star Wars before.

But it's 2015 now, and since then, there have been TONS of things like Star Wars. This movie is a testament to the Hollywood mindset of latch on and suck an idea dry.
>>
>>78213743
Did you honestly expect them to be risky after the horrible prequel trilogy?
>>
>>78213832
Not canon.
>>
So, how long until some Youtube celebrity sees TFA, hates it for whatever reason, makes a long winded rant, and get's millions of reviews?
>>
>>78213855
What made Star Wars memorable was the clever dialogue, character interaction, and action sequences. Story has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>78213878
What?
>>
>>78213895
>clever dialogue, character interaction, and action sequences.
Lets see how this will hold up.
>>
>>78213884
How long until people criticize TFA rightfully so and this general accepts it instead of crying like babies because people don't like something they like.

>inb4 you call me a /tv/ fag or shitposter
I'm pretty sure I'll actually like TFA, but this thread acts like fucking babies any time anyone says they don't like something in Star Wars.
>>
> Bought tickets even though I'm sick for like a week
> Girlfriend has work in the morning
...I'm not even excited. I just want to get rid of this burden because everyone will talk about it.
I'm still pissed about retconed cannon and absolutely nothing of worth coming out from the comics
>>
>>78213876
>you honestly expect them to be risky
This is what's wrong with movies, they aren't risky at all, take no leaps of faith, and play it safe too much. The fear of getting bad reviews has tainted a bunch of directors and made them into pussies that don't want to make something actually hard.
>>
>>78213921
why does /tv/ obsess over black dong so much.
>>
>>78213918
Considering JJ is pretty good at directing actors, Kasdan wrote the ESB dialogue, and all the actors are great, I have no doubt.
>>
I think TFA will be criticized for child friendliness and too many cheap nostalgia pops. Thats about it. It's better to relax and think about how much potential the side stories have.
>>
>>78213970
>and all the actors are great
You got their filmography around to back that statement up?
>>
>>78213855
see
>>78213852

The major thing that made ANH stand out at the time was its effects, the plot/setting was made up of various different things that had been seen elsewhere

What will make or break TFA is how interesting the characters are and what they do, as well as how exactly the plot plays out, if those are good then similarities in terms of the general plot won't matter as much
>>
>>78213954
You could probably sell your tickets to an idiot for profit, you know.
>>
>>78213998
yeah just imagine how much shittier versions of already told stories we can have. how much eu stuff was there that they can redo again?
>>
>>78213998
Like Rogue One: Fully Human?
>>
>>78213921
>How long until people criticize TFA rightfully so and this general accepts it instead of crying like babies because people don't like something they like
Never man, you're asking the wrong bunch of people. They are going to be saying this movie is great and when someone does actually write a critical review of this movie, they'll either ignore them or send him hatemail.
>>
>>78213855
I'm talking about it's plot which is just "nobody goes on an adventure, teams up with a swashbuckling rogue and a wise old mentor, saves a princess in need and destroys the powerful evil forces thus becoming a real hero". It's an old trope and nothing special, but the movie was just incredibly well executed and the characters were so likeable that even 40 years later we're still arguing who shot first. If the new characters are relatable and as likeable as the OT characters, the Abrams has succeeded and no one will ever care about a third death star or the desert world.
>>
>>78214020
About....30 in-universe years. I'm already preparing myself that Luke was married to Not!Mara Jade in the new canon, his father's Lightsaber was hers and Not!Jacen killed her with the other Jedi.
>>
>>78214046
>trope

You are officially banned from talking about movies.
>>
>>78214017
"We're doomed" -- C-3PO
>>
>>78214020
>making adaptations of sub-par tie-in novels
>>
>>78214072
so who will be not!Ben since not!Jacen is ben.
>>
>>78214038
I would say it will at the very least get praise for having a "strong yet emotional female lead" and so on. You know same shit like Hunger Games.
In fact I'm expecting this new trilogy being Star Wars: Hunger Games edition right down to Episode IX coming out in two parts.
>>
I didn't realize Hamil got his face fucked up in a car crash after A New Hope. What are some comparison pics?
>>
>>78214099
thats literally what this movie is. an adaption of legacy of the force mixed with a new hope.
>>
>>78214115
Anakin of course.
>>
>>78214115
Finn.
>>
>>78210637
>months later and he's still eerie as fuck

Even if Fury Road gets virtually no nominations, Hugh Keayes-Byrne needs a nom for being so goddamn menacing. I loved Immortan Joe as a character so much.
>>
>>78212965
>what was in the pastebin, and what that redditor stated.

If true, and they probably are, the Kylo cunt is as cringeworthy as I expected.
>>
>>78214120
Literally one of the first Twitter comments was a woman proclaiming that it passes the Bechdel test.
>>
>>78214148
right.

>>78214154
arent his parents the two other black people in the universe that arent lando. the ones who took the force tree in the tie in comic
>>
>>78214144
>an adaption of legacy of the force mixed with a new hope
Kasdan has said he doesn't give a shit about anything that isn't the movies, and I doubt JJ does either. The only similarity is Han's kid going to the Dark Side, but even then that's such an obvious plot point that it's not hard to come up with it independently.
>>
>>78214165
There's no way Fury Road is not getting a bunch of Oscar nominations.

Unlike Lucas, George Miller is a Hollywood boy through and through, and despite that he legit made one of, if not the best film of the year.
>>
>>78214181
Who the fuck cares about that test. The damn Bible doesn't pass it.
>>
>>78214020
Well we still gobble up that marvel dick even though we know the stories beat by beat months before we put our butts in their seats
>>
>>78214201
>Kasdan has said he doesn't give a shit about anything that isn't the movies, and I doubt JJ does either. The only similarity is Han's kid going to the Dark Side, but even then that's such an obvious plot point that it's not hard to come up with it independently.

you still think they would have read it to not do anything that hadnt been done, but then I just realized the whole movie is a remake of anh anyway. its still shitty pottery no matter what
>>
>>78214221
>The damn Bible doesn't pass it.

That's not a good thing.
>>
Rewatching New Hope in prep, never noticed that it switches real close to real time once the assault on the death star starts
>>
>>78214197
>the tie in comic
That's Poe Finn is pure stormtrooper from birth apparently.
>>
>>78214201
>but even then that's such an obvious plot point that it's not hard to come up with it independently
Is it?
Why Han's kid of all people and not, say, Luke's?
Han's kid falling to the Dark Side is too similar not to be a nod towards Legacy.
>>
>>78214263
>Why Han's kid of all people and not, say, Luke's?
presumably because out of the skywalkers only leia had kids because she ended up with someone,
>>
>>78214245
So he's a clone or what?
>>
>>78214237
The Bhagavad-Gita doesn't either.
>>
>>78214235
>you still think they would have read it to not do anything that hadnt been done
Literally why though? Not that many people have read the EU compared to how many people have seen the movies.
>>
>>78214263
Maybe Luke doesn't have a kid.

>>78214281
First Order raises kids to be warriors.
>>
>>78214317
Not canon.
>>
>>78214281
No. Stop asking stupid questions anon.
>>
>>78214279
OK. What about Kylo hesitating to strike down Rey because she might be his sister?
You telling me that's a coincidence?
>>
>>78214290
>Literally why though?
because they have enough self respect to not redo a plot from the shittiest part of the eu?
>>
>>78214281
Nah. The Servants of the Empire YA books have Hux's (Dohmnall Gleeson's character) grandfather talking about the merits of training regular folks basically from birth to be brainwashed into the perfect soldiers for the Empire.
>>
>>78211988
Nice moment with a pre-crazy Hett.
>>
>>78213959
Because /tv/ is another proxy of /pol/
>>
File: star-wars-rebels.jpg (50 KB, 900x453) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-rebels.jpg
50 KB, 900x453
>>78213242
I'd be ok with "high adventure with occasional and gradual bouts of grit." if Anakin actually progressed into Vader during the war, not just losing one arm at the start, than at the very last day of the war fully become Vader.

When you see him in the originals Vader is big, imposing, a clear creation of the war he fought in, he became hardened and cruel. Leading troops into battle whenever he can even after the war's end. He is originally called the greatest pilot in galaxy, and we learn he fought in the Clone Wars. Once we learn that Luke's father and Vader are one and the same, it makes you question what he saw in the war to turn him into this.

Then the prequels happen and he is a whiny teenager from start to finish, off on sonic & friends tier adventures and then becomes a product of poor writing and edge.

Now I cannot escape this character when I look at Darth Vader anymore. I try to pretend it just didn't happen. Rebels actually leans Vader more to how he is, The cold.

>>78213351
The prequels took place 19 years before new hope.
>>
>>78214279
Rey is to become the sword of the jedi to kill her twin Darth Crazy.
>>
>>78214317
>Maybe Luke doesn't have a kid.
I honestly don't see why he shouldn't. Unless in those 30 years he only fucked aliens pussy.
>>
>>78214344
It was only shitty in execution.
>>
>>78214378
He could have brought Jedi celibacy back.
>>
>>78214379
>It was only shitty in execution.
it was a shitty idea too. worse than the fucking vong
>>
>>78214374
>I'd be ok with "high adventure with occasional and gradual bouts of grit." if Anakin actually progressed into Vader during the war, not just losing one arm at the start, than at the very last day of the war fully become Vader.
Oh but he does. Haven't you seen how much the show actually shits on him over the seasons which only culminates into him beating the shit out of some guy because he got to close to Padme?
>>
File: Lando.jpg (239 KB, 911x627) Image search: [Google]
Lando.jpg
239 KB, 911x627
>>78214378
He learned from the best.
>>
>>78214404
Jedi weren't celibate anon. That's straight from George.

They were just forbidden to have attachments.

>yfw one night stands are a-ok by Jedi "standards"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1989505.stm
>>
What are we flinging at each other now?
>>
>>78214404
Jedi were never celibate. Lucas said as much back when he had the say so. They were allowed to fuck. It was attachments that were forbidden and even then Luke has no idea about those teachings.
>>
>>78214437
Having children with somebody, and having children typically results in attachment
>>
>>78214425
I guess at that point I was looking for Star wars problems and not emotion wars problems.
>>
>>78214463
they would just use the force to stop the sperm from reaching the egg.
>>
>>78214378
Because he never had a love interest introduced in the movies. They would never make a character as important as 'the mother of Luke Skywalker's kids' and have her just sort of be his wife even though the audience has no idea how he met her, who she is, where she comes from, why they fell in love, etc.
>>
>>78214435
You know I wouldn't mind, because it would mean we'd might get to see another alien character that's not Yoda or Chewie with a significant role in the movies. They could use that Devaronian chick from Weapon of a Jedi that was clearly wet for Luke.
That's one of the things that always bothered me about the movies and even Rogue One, a movie about the rebellion, has not even a single alien amongst the group.
>>
>>78214463
Having sex =/= having children, anon.
>>
File: Bullet_farmer03.jpg (116 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Bullet_farmer03.jpg
116 KB, 540x720
>>78214165
How about this motherfucker? He's literally got bullets for teeth.
>>
>>78214491
>>78214506
But this conversation originated with saying Luke might not have a kid due to the Jedi code.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>78211513
>believing something posted on /tv/
Now that's not even stupid at that point, it's straight up pathetic.
>>
>>78214517
But Jedi had kids all the time.
>>
>>78214536
Example?
>>
>>78214485
Well you have to understand that underneath it all Vader is a fucking angry individual. In Lords of the Sith Palaptine ridiculed him about thinking too much of the past until Vader told him that thinking of it just fuels his fury. Just look at him in Rebels and imagine him as a bundle of restrained rage.
>>
>>78214517
And Luke was more than willing to say "fuck that" to things that Yoda and Obi-Wan taught him. Remember, they wanted him to kill his father.

Also, given that he's been exploring ancient Jedi Temples in canon, and we know that the "no attachments" line is a very recent addition to the Jedi rules, he might not adopt it.

Also, "no attachments" isn't a part of the code, and never was. It was just one of many extra rules that the Jedi caught themselves up in.
>>
>>78214501
Just goes to show that the "good guys" were just as xenophobic as the "bad guys".
>>
>>78214500
Shit like that can always be handwaved by "she's gone now" and has been for a long time.
>>
File: Kryndahead.jpg (55 KB, 426x615) Image search: [Google]
Kryndahead.jpg
55 KB, 426x615
>>78214545
Krynda Draay, a Jedi, gave birth to Lucien Draay, who also became a Jedi.
>>
>>78214599
Is it really too much to ask for a fucking hot Twi'lek slut or maybe, if we wanna make it easier, a damn Mirialan in an actual important role that is not a cartoon or other non movie media?
>>
>>78214165
it's weird because his menacing visage is 80% mask. He's a fat old fuck that straps on a see-through plastic ab girdle every morning and still goes out and do it looking great
>>
>>78214635
Don't mention that piss poor excuse of a mother.
>>
>>78214635

>legends

even discounting that, that was in the old republic era, when the rules were completely different.
>>
File: bam.jpg (258 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
bam.jpg
258 KB, 1680x1050
>>78214514
i love the wacky shit people come up with in the post apocalyptic waste lands
>>
File: LucienPissed.jpg (718 KB, 1300x964) Image search: [Google]
LucienPissed.jpg
718 KB, 1300x964
>>78214665
THE FUCK YOU SAY?!
>>
>>78214635
Not canon, has no application to TFA
>>
>>78214682
>when the rules were completely different.

No they weren't. Are you an idiot or can you just not read?
>>
>>78214699
THATS NEVER BEEN A VALID REASON FOR ANY THING EVER and i accidentally left caps on when i typed that and im not going back to redo it
>>
>>78214635
off topic but, I really enjoyed that version of the jedi order.

They had factions, covenants, hunted relics, had enclaves everywhere and then important families. It felt like I was relearning jedi lore and history.
>>
>>78214654
When you put it like that no even the comics put at lease one hot alien in important events sometimes they are just eye candy and don't say shit. I'm still waiting to find out what species that pink girl in shattered empire was.
>>
File: 1444240065336.png (18 KB, 201x158) Image search: [Google]
1444240065336.png
18 KB, 201x158
>>78214699
>he's never read the comic so he has to cry about it being "not canon"
>>
>>78214699
Ah ah ah, the visual art book pretty much confirms that Old Republic shit still happened in some way. It was mentioned in text about how the design of Kylo's lightsaber goes back to something around the Mandalorian wars.
>>
>>78214697
She doesn't like you Lucien she likes that blind bitch Q tip more than you stop embarrassing yourself to think you let Zayne beat you absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>78214759
That was Pablo adding some lore. It's going to have no bearing on the movies.
>>
>>78214463
>Having children with somebody, and having children typically results in attachment
No it doesn't. Nutting in some slut and then leaving her is a thing that everyone does.
>>
File: Lucien_fin.jpg (39 KB, 391x392) Image search: [Google]
Lucien_fin.jpg
39 KB, 391x392
>>78214789
Will mommy like me now that I'm blind too?
>>
>>78214746
At least the cartoons give us Hera and other aliens that have more important roles than aliens in the movies did. It's just sad that even in this day and age when making an actor look like a Twi'lek is way easier than in the past we still have only human centred stories in a setting so full of races we're still waiting on that new official race guide.
>>
Luke's double breasted Jedi outfit>>>> Shitty Jedi robes that make no sense
>>
>>78214808
>Pablo
What about Cronal Snoke anon will that have no bearing on the movies. HUH! ANON!
>>
>>78214808
Can you fuck off to /tv/ already?
>>
File: Count_Dooku_headshot_gaze.jpg (50 KB, 389x524) Image search: [Google]
Count_Dooku_headshot_gaze.jpg
50 KB, 389x524
>Even before the death of his former apprentice on Naboo, Dooku became disillusioned with Jedi Order, the Republic, and the Galactic Senate's corruption.
>He left the Order, becoming one of the Lost Twenty.[2]
>He then regained his family's wealth and the title of Count of Serenno.
>Dooku was then approached by the Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, who asked for his help.
>Craving power, Dooku joined him

Am I just missing something? Is there anything in the EU or canon that has reasoning behind Dooku becoming a sith? This is just not satisfying.
>>
>>78214759
yeah people like boba fett... and they cant really just be like "oh hey boba fett is a major person now!". they have to focus on his culture as a whole to bring in the dollar dollar bills yall.

TL:DR, boba fett still sells
>>
>>78214808
So? It being lore means it's canon to the overall lore of the setting.
>>
>>78214850
I think it might be a matter of being afraid of dying, because he was getting old.
>>
>>78214858
Only that Boba Fett was never Mandalorian.
>>
>>78214850
Is there ever a good reason for becoming a Sith? What are you expecting?
>>
File: Christopher-Lee-5.jpg (179 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
Christopher-Lee-5.jpg
179 KB, 1600x1201
>>78214850
the lands of men could not hope to stand before lord sauron, what choice did he have?
>>
>>78214891
Maybe he was late or something, so he went Sith.

Better?
>>
>>78214884
isnt there a bunch of old canon about him being the last heir to mandalore? it might have been before the whole hes a normal aging clone of jango fett.

the name fett is a very old mandalorian name in it self.
>>
>>78214824
No "force sight" and precognition you are too much like your father, you aren't a true Miraluka you are cursed with limited ability you even practice the first form like some youngling faggot kill yourself half breed.
>>
>>78214953
He's not Mandalorian because of a throwaway line from a guy in Clone Wars saying he was an impostor, even though it could be interpreted as him trying to disassociate a violent asshole from his 'peaceful' Mandalore.
>>
>>78214953
>old canon
There's your problem
>>
>>78214662
I think that's why he's so damned scary. Like you said it's just a dude being held together by plastic toy armor, but he was still so fucking creepy.
>>
>>78214953
Last time I checked George said that the Fetts were never meant to be Mandalorian only that they were wearing the armour of their old elite guard. Some EU writers went nuts with it.
>>
>>78214984
Fuck off to /tv/ you shit.
>>
>>78214984
Can you shitpost harder?
>>
>>78214996
I believe Joe's armor was molded out of riot shields.
>>
>>78214984
The new canon hasn't exactly been stellar either....
And if you say "The Clone Wars" that was basically part of the old canon they decided to keep.
>>
File: tumblr_ni6sx4aXCR1qdflb1o4_1280.jpg (262 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni6sx4aXCR1qdflb1o4_1280.jpg
262 KB, 1280x853
>>78214545
Bastila Shan obviously had family in the Order.
>>
So why did he send Anakin to the Well of the Dark Side? I mean he knew Anakin was unbalanced and that the Son was waiting for him.

P.S. it wasn't the Son in disguise, it was actually Qui-Gon
>>
File: looking for this.png (278 KB, 420x395) Image search: [Google]
looking for this.png
278 KB, 420x395
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Fett
fluff is fluff, who cares if some one says its not real? not like any of this shits real any ways
>>
>>78215005
>>78215003
>>78215036
Jesus christ I'm not even that guy but the guy saying Fett was never mando was obviously referring to new canon, you reactive fucks, I never said it was good or bad.
>>
File: 1447189480418.jpg (189 KB, 736x884) Image search: [Google]
1447189480418.jpg
189 KB, 736x884
This is Annikin, I've reached the sneaking point.
>>
>>78215046
Oh yes the heretic Revan and the traitor padawan their child is one of the stupidest grandmasters i've ever seen and she looks weird not at all like the cinematics. For shame anon you can do better.
>>
>>78215113
Fuck off
>>
>>78215113
Please leave. Return home to /tv/ where you belong.
>>
>>78215131
Great great great grandchild I believe. evan and Bastila had a son.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.