[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of Deadman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 400x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 400x615
What does /co/ think of Deadman?
>>
I like him. Wish he was used better in more stuff.

One of my dream comics is a buddy-cop style book starring him and Mitch Shelley.
>>
>>78205854
It'd be pretty cool if he could get a solo TV series. Quatum leap but with a mystical twist.
>>
File: solo-8-pg07.jpg (395 KB, 1000x1558) Image search: [Google]
solo-8-pg07.jpg
395 KB, 1000x1558
The classic Neal Adams stuff is the best, Teddy Kristiansen's issue of Solo had a great Deadman story in it
>>
Will he have the collar in the movies?
>>
Interesting; will like to see more of him
>>
>>78205854
I just hope they get a black guy to play him in the movies. The white face mask would contrast nicely when he takes it off.
>>
>>78205898
>and Mitch Shelley.

Mah nigga.
>>
>>78206766
Who would you have in mind?
>>
File: DeadDick.jpg (2 MB, 1918x1472) Image search: [Google]
DeadDick.jpg
2 MB, 1918x1472
>>78205854
I like the newer one better.
>>
>>78205854
Just like Zatana, he's a character nobody knows how to properly write.

With Zatana everyone has to come up with bullshit reasons for an "ym eof sklaw fo a ffilc" spell to not work. With Deadman everyone has to come up with bullshit reasons to not have him posses every one of his foes and make them walk off a cliff.
>>
I remember seeing a page where he gets brought back to life only to be shot and killed moments later, where's that from?
>>
>>78214622
Brightest Day
>>
Go back to reddit vivvav
I'm joking, please continue contributing to this discussion
>>
>>78214571
>With Zatana everyone has to come up with bullshit reasons for an "ym eof sklaw fo a ffilc" spell to not work.

Because she can't just talk backwards and make any shit happen, you nimrod. It's just her way of casting spells she has studied, it's like saying Abracadabra or waving a wand.
>>
>>78205854
The '70s stuff is pretty good. DC had such good shit during that era. Too bad the implosion happened.

>>78206715
What movies?

>>78214571
Ha, yeah. There are so many instances where a guy is about to shoot another guy, and Brand, instead of just possessing the shooter and making him not shoot and drop his gun or some shit, he possesses the would-be victim and makes him to acrobat kicks to disarm the shooter. Because that's more badass, I guess.

I mean, sometimes there was an in-story reason why he couldn't posses someone, like how Sensei had ancient Asian anti-possession karate training or some shit. But sometimes, it would be a totally normal bad guy, and the story wouldn't even TRY to explain why Brand wouldn't just posses him.
>>
>>78217429
He was in del Toro's jl dark script.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.