[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gi Joe, ROM, Micronauts, MASK Cinematic Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: 0069q9pa.jpg (101 KB, 599x920) Image search: [Google]
0069q9pa.jpg
101 KB, 599x920
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-hasbro-gi-joe-universe-848920

Paramount Pictures andHasbroare embarking on a new universe of interrelated characters and stories. The studio — which is already in the process of expanding itsTransformersuniverse after four movies based on that popular Hasbro toy line — is announcing a new deal with Hasbro on Tuesday that will see Paramount and Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label, build an interconnected, cross-property onscreen universe, featuring characters from five of Hasbro’s other brands: G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM.

Allspark Pictures will produce the films, and Brian Goldner, Hasbro chairman, president and CEO, Hasbro exec vp and chief content officerStephen Davis, Hasbro head of film development Josh Feldman are working with Paramount to shape the new universe from the five properties. Just as has been done withTransformers, where Akiva Goldsman led a writers’ room to develop further installments in that franchise, Hasbro and Paramount plan to assemble a writers’ room, comprised of top talent, to develop a creative roadmap.
>>
>ROM

Sweet.

>no Inhumanoids/Primordia

Not sweet.
>>
This has as just a likely chance of coming to fruition as Universal's Monster Cinematic Universe.
>>
I can't keep up anymore. Movies are becoming as confusing as comics.
>>
>>78204383
Regardless of whether this comes to fruition, I'm just really excited about G.I. Joe 3 still happening.
>>
>>78204933

The Mummy is happening as a reboot in the present, with Sofia Boutella as the mummy.

I've watched shittier movies just for her.
>>
Wait...isn't ROM a comic?

How does Hasbro own ROM? WHere are the toys?
>>
>>78204383
>ROM movie is actually getting done
Holy shit I hope Gunn gets called, he's gonna be heartbroken if it isn't him.
>>
File: rom-0-cover.jpg (472 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
rom-0-cover.jpg
472 KB, 791x1200
>>78204933

Hey, as long as I get my new Creature From the Black Lagoon they can do whatever they want.

>>78205345

Hasbro has owned ROM since 1991, when they bought Parker Bros.

They haven't done anything with it yet, but IDW is making a new comic this spring.
>>
>>78205345
Shortlived toyline in the 80s Marvel did a tie-in comic for.

Transformers was the same case and in fact, was in regular Marvel continuity for a time.
>>
>>78205323
I'm just saying the Dracula movie was supposed to be the first in the line of Universal's Monster Universe. Then it performed poorly and now the Mummy is intended to be the 'real' start of the universe. You can't put a puzzle together if you haven't looked at the fucking box, you know?
>>
>>78205512

Actually, Dracula did very well.

And it was only added to the, ahem, "Universe" after the fact, leading to a bunch of reshoots. The Mummy remake and the ScarJo Gill-Man movies will be the real start.
>>
>>78204383
>Visionairies
>M.A.S.K.

As probably the only fan of Visionaries and M.A.S.K., my feelings can probably be summed up as meh.
>>
>>78204383
I mean, I'm not against GI Joe vs. Transformers...
>>
>>78205512
>$70mil budget
>$210mil gross

It did good. Not amazing, but good enough to continue with it if they wanted.
>>
File: UnitE5.jpg (307 KB, 940x700) Image search: [Google]
UnitE5.jpg
307 KB, 940x700
Come on Hasbro. You know you wanna.
>>
>>78205583
I loved Visionaries as a kid because of all the transformers bleedover. Plus it's the only medieval universe I really ever enjoyed. I say bring on the over-designed Armour and Gandalf bullshit!
>>
>>78204383
>Including the God awful battleship movie.
No. Nononononono.
Not everything needs a shared universe.
MASK does not need to be in the same universe as Candy Land. Jem and the Holograms and Micronauts need not interact.

Just, just make one good movie before you try and Marvel, okay? Marvel made 4 movies before the crossover. DC made 1, or possibly 4, if Nolan is cannon, which it might not be.
>>
>>78205733

You really think they're ever gonna acknowledge Battleship again? It flopped, they moved on, its buried and forgotten.
>>
>>78205583
>>78205645
Ummm... you know who was pretty dope? King Arthur Pendragon. I met him when that trollop Hourglass bounced me to the 31st century. He'd been magically cryo-frozen on Avalon for the better part of 2500 years, which apparently puts him on the older side for your species, and was the crowned monarch of The United Kingdom of Great Britain; Ireland; Iceland; Greenland; Australia; New Zealand; New Guinea; Madagascar; Cuba; Manhattan, Staten Island, and Long Island; the Canadian Island Territories; Japan; Borneo; Hispaniola; Indonesia; the Philippians; Sakhalin; and Taiwan. Whew, that's a mouthful. Let's just call it the UK from now on.

King Arthur had been revived by the Spectral Knights, a group of techno-knights desperately battling to stop the Inhumanoid and their quisling allies the Darkling Lords from overrunning the Earth. They had already conquered the mainland areas of Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Only the UK's Royal Navy kept them from the shores of the world's islands. I wound up tangling with a few of Arthur's men, but the King himself quickly realized that I wasn't any kind of Inhumanoid they'd seen and established a dialogue. I wound up transporting his men Ramak and Galadria up to the moon, where we were able to rescue the twin infants of the Lunarian Queen Mahina from the Darkling Lord Braxe and thus keeping the moon neutral.
>>
File: victor_frankenstein_poster.jpg (829 KB, 1956x2889) Image search: [Google]
victor_frankenstein_poster.jpg
829 KB, 1956x2889
>>78205512
>>
>>78204510
Rom will have NOTHING to do with the Rom you know.
Name one cool thing about Rom.
Ok, that thing you just named is owned by Marvel.
>>
>>78206425
>MAX LANDIS
Every time.
>>
>>78205583

You arent alone, anon. Though I'd rather new shows than movies.

I'll be even more hype if we got Inhumanoids and Sectaurs added to this. Inhumanoids was already implied to be in the Gi Joe universe.
>>
>>78206425

I want to see this, but the reviews ive seen on it said it's more about how much Victor and Igor want to bone than the monster.
>>
>>78207993
It's the GoBots situation all over again.

But wait, thry still use a shittton of stuff from the Marvel comics
>>
>>78208282
Which one?

All the sunbow cartoons were in one universe
>>
>>78207993

Maybe.

This mentions the Dire Wraiths, but its vague on whether they're describing the old series or the new one.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/rom-the-space-knight-makes-triumphant-return-to-comics/
>>
>>78208621
>>78207993
How does that even work. I can't wrap my head around what kind of legal bullshit makes it so you can own the rights to something, but then not be able to use even stuff as simple as names and designs
>>
File: a01_arenas_mug_15_29166731.jpg (75 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
a01_arenas_mug_15_29166731.jpg
75 KB, 1000x600
Wait. Is this all going to be animated or not? If animated this could be really cool even if it is just a bunch of DTVs.
>>
>>78204383

MASK was already being hinted at in Season 3 of Transformers Prime, I'm happy to see they are finally doing something with the IP.
>>
>>78208960
Really? Does it spin out of M.E.C.H or something?
>>
>>78209018

Maybe.

Hasbro wanted to spin off MASK, Jem, Inhumanoids, Action Man, Stretch Armstrong, and Candy Land, with TF Prime as the launching point.

Then Prime was cancelled and the whole thing was scuttled.
>>
>>78208903
Gobots are just a rename Tonka did for Bandai toys, just as Tf was a rename Hasbro did for Takara toys.

They then did a cartoon but it was Hanana Barbara.

Even tho Hasbro bought Tonka, and thus owns gobots, they still dont oen the toy designs ,which are still Bandai, and they apparently dont own the cartoon , which is Warner Bros (which brought Hanana Barbara)

Legally the only own the names and any concepts not from the cartoon. Which is why all gobot toys are name slaps or radical redesigns or homages.
>>
>>78204383
hasbro gonna get sued over the idw rom comic.
>>
>>78205345
see this post...
>>78209067

hasbro owns the design of rom's armor. they do not own anything else. hell the dire wraiths and the space knights are trademarked and owned by marvel. marvel owns everything about rom but the robot armor and idw is using that shit and is gonna get hasbro sued.
>>
>>78209018

Pretty much what >>78209035 stated. During season 3 of Prime, agent Fowler explains that Optimus' new alt mode truck was designed by the MASK division.
>>
>>78209096

Relax. IDW and Marvel are buddies. They might even let IDW use the old stuff for all we know.

And they can't own the Space Knights considering, ya know, its in the title.
>>
File: TuxLoose1a.jpg (24 KB, 203x288) Image search: [Google]
TuxLoose1a.jpg
24 KB, 203x288
>>78209065
And it burns me up

All I want is Hasbro to make a limo Decepticon in a top hat. And I can never have it
>>
>>78209127
they own rom the space knight design and trademark. marvel created and owns everything else everything else but the armor of rom including rom's backstory and origin and what he looks like out of the armor man. i mean the toy until the series didnt even have an \origin or anything on it.
>>
>>78205364
After GotG 3 he would so jump ship for ROM.
>>
>>78208646

80's Gi Joe. Theres a reporter that shows up in both, I forget his name.
>>
File: mask.jpg (618 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
618 KB, 682x1024
mask as part of gijoe seems to work fine

the other three groups are a bit more out there
>>
>>78209262

Hector Ramirez.
>>
>>78209127
>IDW and Marvel are buddies.

No they are not.

>They might even let IDW use the old stuff for all we know.

If that was true, Marvel would have let them use Death's Head or Circuit Breaker for the TF comics. It's clear Marvel is exercising a stranglehold for these properties. Unless Hasbro and Marvel hammer out a deal, licensing or use like you suggest isn't happening.
>>
>>78209290

>If that was true, Marvel would have let them use Death's Head or Circuit Breaker for the TF comics.

They do, in reprints. Which also needs Marvel's permission.
>>
>>78209335
But we aren't talking about reprints sempai. We are talking about the new material they are marking and Marvel has consistently refused them the use of these characters and properties. Likewise for Hasbro in the use of Rom for Marvel.
>>
>>78209364

Theres no way to know that.

And IDW doesn't need them anyway. They have enough stuff to work with already.

Cripes man, you got a vendetta against them collaborating or something?
>>
Wasn't ROM a major part of the cosmic DnAverse?
>>
File: notmuhrom.png (186 KB, 1080x726) Image search: [Google]
notmuhrom.png
186 KB, 1080x726
>>78205364
He's not interested.
>>
>>78209398
>Theres no way to know that.

Other than the fact that IDW or Hasbro has to create their own versions of these characters and go around Marvel's ownership of these characters. Most notably in the Regeneration series by Furman.

>Cripes man, you got a vendetta against them collaborating

You seem to have an allergy to the facts that Hasbro, IDW or Marvel aren't going to allow the other to violate their copyrights not when Hasbro wants to compete with Marvel on television and in the movie theater. This has consistently been the main reason for the failure of Hasbro's recent strategy such as with the Hub. Their potential competitors refused to play or to fund their projects.
>>
>>78204383
>M.A.S.K.
Holy shit I still have those down in my basement.
Never, ever thought they'd be relevant to anything ever again.
>>
>>78209642
It won't matter once Hasbro gets taken over by the Mouse.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.