[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/, /a/ got me into Detective Conan the other day, so I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: detective-conan-179084.jpg (253 KB, 800x1231) Image search: [Google]
detective-conan-179084.jpg
253 KB, 800x1231
Hey /co/, /a/ got me into Detective Conan the other day, so I was wondering if there are any comics or shows similar to it on the western side of things.
>>
Comics that never end? Those are our most popular comics, as a matter of fact.
>>
>>78196477
I swear to god I see a Detective Conan once every fucking week and it's always worded the same way so I know the same person does it. I guess it's appropriate since its a western comic recommendation post but man, you're really starved for someone to to talk about Detective Conan with aren't you?
>>
File: a45.png (199 KB, 674x315) Image search: [Google]
a45.png
199 KB, 674x315
>>78196477

>literal geyser of blood
>>
>>78196639

i'll take it over the Goku Vs Superman thread N°7426863278 we're currently having over there.
>>
>>78196477
the girlfriends friend did it, she decapitated him with her pearl collar and her atlethic background
>>
>comics about whodunnits and general crime mystery.
I'm actually drawing a blank here, Tintin maybe?
>>
>>78196865
It took me years to look back at this shit and realize how retarded it was. The writer should stick to how the murders and shit are done and let somebody else handle the actual plot.
>>
>>78196477
>piano wire

Best weapon used through-out Conan.

Honestly Dominic Deegan that awful web-comic from a few years back was pretty similar.
>>
File: tumblr_mecrthblh11rmu2x7o1_500.gif (917 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mecrthblh11rmu2x7o1_500.gif
917 KB, 500x281
Batman
>>
>>78197730
What's this gif from?
>>
>>78198049
It looks like it's from that show Community.
>>
>>78197215

Tintin is not a bad analog actually
>>
>>78196477

>Mystery in /co/ material.
Other than Scooby Doo, which I'm pretty sure is not up your alley, it's actually not a common topic for some reason. Sure, a lot of capes have a detective motif, but most of the time it is just glossed over.

Considering the original target audience of comics, people must have thought kids weren't into mystery, and the idea never found a niche.
>>
>>78197215

Tintin focuses way more on the adventure aspect of things. The closest to a down-to-earth mystery was the The Castafiore Emerald, and that was a subversion of the whole thing.
>>
>>78196554

it's the Eternal Status Quo Vs Endless Meaningless Reboots. I honestly can't tell which one is worse.
>>
>>78196477

That shit is still ongoing OP, why would you want more of the stuff? Conan is a bad manga anyway, zero plot development, rehashed cases left and right and two dimensional characters everywhere.
>>
>>78196639

well, it was part of adult swim, so /co/ would be the only other board where you could expect to get a thread about it going.
>>
>>78197430
kek yeah, he broke up with her and she in return decapitated him in front of everybody
funny thought how shes not even the worst person in that ride
>>
>>78196477
Scooby Doo
>>
>>78206446

People in real life have done similar if not worse things.

Reality beyond fiction and all that jazz.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.