[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here seen the recent Mike Tyson Mysteries episodes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 1136x640
Has anyone here seen the recent Mike Tyson Mysteries episodes?

I don't see too much threads of this show here
>>
I have.
>>
MTM has never gotten many threads.

Fun show tho. Really great delivery on the lines.
>>
>>78180777
Yeah.
Pigeon has no shame, but the same could be said about Yung since she doesn't give a fuck about watching basketball while surrounded by Pigeon's waste or taking a piss with her pants down in front of all the guys in the house.
>>
After watching this I have to remind myself: "That was Mike Tyson. As himself. In a cartoon.". You tell that to me 10 years ago I would have never believed it. Mike fucking Tyson.
>>
File: 4L_WpO9X1iP.gif (230 KB, 538x538) Image search: [Google]
4L_WpO9X1iP.gif
230 KB, 538x538
First time watching it last night. I lost my sides during the whole episode.
>>
Ok, just watched the old man new episode casue of this thread. That was amazing. Are all the episodes like that? I thought it was very funny and that Nazi room was a great turn.
I dig the fancy dandy ghost.
>>
Pigeon is GOAT
>>
Any show that is willing to have a dumb black character is an ok show by my standards.
>>
>>78181209
They're all like that. You should check out the one with the cheating wife if you like weird swerves.
>>
Its a great show, although they seem to have fallen into a predictable routine of "bulk of the episode is spent solving the mystery, the last two or three minutes throw in a completely-out-of-left-field twist involving the motive".

Still funny, though.
>>
I wish Pigeon was a person. Don't know why all cartoons need to have one animal be part of the group when everything else takes place in a world of magic, demons, and mystical crap.
>>
I wish this show were more popular so that more of its clips were on Youtube and I could link the first half of Mike Tyson's hat speech.
>>
>>78181670
It's a Hanna-Barbera spoof thing. You don't have a problem with the posh late-19th century British ghost?
>>
>>78181502
Boco, are you sure you're talking about THIS show?

What am I saying? Boco is an idiot, of course he doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>78181772

Yes, I am. Problem?
>>
>>78180963
He's shockingly good at it too.

Put ten voice actors in a room and I doubt any of them would be able to mix their words up like Tyson does and still have the meaning/joke be so clear.
>>
>>78181752
Why would I? But nah, Pigeon's very funny. I personally think he would be funnier as a guy in a jacket with a toothpick in his mouth just as much as he is a bird.
>>
Has there ever been a case where a single person has completely dominated a sport the same way Mike Tyson has?
>>
>>78182205

Tiger Woods and golf?
>>
>>78181477
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww, they were swimming in it. Grooosss. Ha.
>>
>>78181796
Shut up, Boco.
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzAzNzI4NjUy.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzAzNzI4NjUy.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>78182205
>>
>>78182256
I meant athlete, not actor.

Besides, The Rock was better.
>>
>>78182256
Appledough!
>>
>>78182205
You can argue basketball champs like Micheal Jordan or Kobie. But it could be more that their names are just the most popular.
>>
>>78182293
I hear basket ball fans say that Jordan hurt the sport. Not because he wasn't good but because it made every basketball player stop playing as a team and instead try to play as a star.
Which doesn't work so well when the goal of the game is for the team to win and not for you to hog the ball.
>>
>>78182256

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!

BOO POODOO BOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>78180855
>or taking a piss with her pants down in front of all the guys in the house.
Don't recall this happening.
>>
>>78182276
>actor
lel
>>
>>78182344
shit like this is so interesting to me, one person "ruining" a sport on a fundamental level. Any articles or documentaries you would recommend?
>>
File: 0.jpg (66 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
66 KB, 600x375
I consider Old Man of the Mountain the best Mike Tyson mystery episode so far.
>>
>>78182276
>Besides, The Rock was better.
>>
>>78182434
It's hard to pick a best episode I think.

They're so consistent in quality. Every episode makes me laugh.
>>
>>78182368
Cork board scene in the newest one.
>>
>>78181502
No, often, they go completely-out-of-left-field, form the very beginning of the episode and barely give a damn about the mystery.
>>
>>78182494
Oh, haven't seen last nights episode yet.
>>
>>78182492
I am not sure, in the few late episodes they relied a bit too much to non-joke humor for my taste.
>>
>>78182256
>>78182276
>>78182470
>Cena
>the Rock
>neither of which sold more swag than Stone Cold
>neither of which is as legendary as the Taker
Looks like the cá Žucks have come out to play
>>
Was the real Marquess of Queensberry actually Jew?
>>
>>78182200
>I personally think he would be funnier as a guy in a jacket with a toothpick in his mouth just as much as he is a bird.
What about a pigeon in a jacket with a toothpick in his mouth?
>>
>>78182602
I don't know, but looking at what the man actually did in his life, giving him a gay vibe feel suddenly weird:

>In February 1895, angered by the apparent ongoing homosexual relationship between author Oscar Wilde and his son Alfred, Queensberry called Wilde a "somdomite" (sic) in handwriting "For Oscar Wilde, posing as Sodomite" on a visiting card at Wilde's club. Wilde sued for criminal libel, leading to Queensberry's arrest.

>Queensberry's lawyers, headed by barrister Edward Carson, portrayed Wilde as a vicious older man who seduced innocent young boys into a life of degenerate homosexuality. Wilde dropped the libel case when Queensberry's lawyers informed the court that they intended to call several male prostitutes as witnesses to testify that they had had sex with Wilde. According to the Libel Act 1843, proving the truth of the accusation and a public interest in its exposure was a defence against a libel charge, and Wilde's lawyers concluded that the prostitutes' testimony was likely to do that. Queensberry won a counterclaim against Wilde for the considerable expenses he had incurred on lawyers and private detectives in organising his defence. Wilde was left bankrupt; his assets were seized and sold at auction to pay the claim.

>Queensberry then sent the evidence collected by his detectives to Scotland Yard, which resulted in Wilde being charged and convicted of gross indecency under the Criminal Law Amendment Act 1885 and sentenced to two years' hard labour. His health and reputation destroyed, Wilde went into exile in France and died at the Hotel d'Alsace in Paris in 1900.
>>
File: 0.jpg (75 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
75 KB, 1024x576
>>78182205
>>
>>78181953
Well yeah. But not only that. But the premise. And Tyson recovering from...well... The ear biting and the raping.
>>
>>78182470
He was paid to throw the fight.
>>78182759
You are right. That guy is the champion at every cock sucking championship. Reggie is the judge.
>>
>>78182396
>one person

Maybe not one person, but you often hear about clinch-happy boxers like Mayweather hurting interest in the sport, especially after Mayweather-Pacquiao
>>
Why did they give a cartoon to a convicted RAPIST like Tyson
>>
>>78182975
Never convicted.
>>
>>78182975
It's part of the joke.
>>
>>78182975
I know he was a good fighter but I would call him in the ring "assault with a deadly weapon" personally.
>>
>>78182975
>he doesn't believe in second chances
Is it lonely in that tower of yours?
>>
>>78182762
there was a sit down interview between Tyson and Holyfield and they both were so chill. Holyfield even said something like "People don't get how hot it gets in the ring. Stuff like biting's going to happen."

don't care about the rape lel
>>
>>78182434

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a person sitting in the front seat and alleviating the crowding in the back, rather than wasting it on some pigeon?
>>
>>78183083
He called shotgun.
>>
>>78181289
>Hey, this is kinda like our first date huh?
>I would NEVER date you
>Ah, well maybe you should have told me that before I bought us the fucking smoothies huh?

Just the way he says it is hilarious
>>
>>78182975
Because unless it's murder, america has a tendency to forget and forgive if it is no longer trending on twitter. If you brought up the fact that he was a rapist to anyone now, they would call you a liar.
>>
>>78183109
>smoothies
It was frozen yogurt and he should've at least gotten a blowjob out of it.
>>
>>78183152
Ah that's right

Then there was that whole bit with the vampire
>>
>>78183054

The man RAPED women. You don;t deserve a second chance for that. Giving him a cartoon is like saying rape is okay

Plus the guy has a rap sheet longer than most people's arms. He's basically a pitbull that learned to walk upright.
>>
Yung Hee didn't strike me as the kind of person that's comfortable shitting in front of people.
>>
>>78183218
Well she wasn't shitting.
>>
>>78183108

Irrelevant. It's still a fucking pigeon. Animals don't get to call "shotgun"
>>
>>78182975
Eh, he's endured a lot.

I'm not giving him an excuse or a pass for the awful shit he's done, but if it's anyone I can do this for, it's the guy with a lisp who was extremely bullied into the point of boxing.
>>
>>78183213
see
>>78183132
>>
>>78183213

Nigga that's what the penal system is FOR. Having someone repay their debt to society and putting them back out, "You're better now, jere's your second chance"
>>
>>78183240
Pigeon isn't really a pigeon tho.
>>
>>78182991
6 year sentence, parolled after 3.
>>
>>78182626
What about a pigeon in a toothpick with a jacket in his mouth?
>>
>>78182975
Mike was fucked up senpai. He's apologized and payed his dues. Gotten heavy into religion and changed his ways.

I mean he was a rich dude and crazy as hell. Endured a lot of hardships and it was the 90s. He did some fucked up shit when he was younger. Haven't we all?
>>
>>78183213
You do not understand what the criminal justice system is intended (but in practice isn't) for.
>>
>>78183291
So then he repaid his debt to society. Whats the problem? If he actually did it, he would have been in longer.
>>
Omg, this show is great.
>wait...I'm the backup choice for Wayne Brady....omg, that is such an honor.
>>
>>78183213
>is like saying rape is OK
If that were true he never would have been convicted of the crime. I think you're shitposting and it seems obvious given the timing.
>>
>>78183240
Where do people like you come from?

You don't watch the shows, but always come into threads to complain about them. How miserable is your life? Honest question.
>>
>>78183213
Jeez tumblr, you were being cute at first but now you are just annoying.
>Giving him a cartoon is like saying rape is ok
Sure it is anon. That's not retarded or anything.
>>
>>78183264
>>78183132
What? No. The few people who know that the show even exists think he's the butt of the joke. As far as they're concerned, he's just some washed-up, scumbag rube getting humiliated on a basic cable network. And humiliation always goes a long way towards sating the crowds that would otherwise call for blood.
>>
>>78183213
How the hell is it like saying "rape is ok"
>>
>>78183357
I am simply correcting you for the sake of accuracy. I am surprised the sentence was so light since in America the penalty for rape tends to be harsh for male on female. Probably best to ignore the shitposting and continue discussion as usual though. This topic is seguing
>>
>>78182200
If Pigeon was a human, he would just be an asshole and Mike would probably kill him.
He's still an asshole, but all of that slides because he is a pigeon.
>>
>>78183503
>inb4 "rape is worse than murder"
>inb4 "we shouldn't use the death penalty, but indefinitely labeling rapists felons and preventing them from ever re-integrating into society is A-OK"
>inb4 thread stops being about the best flesh-eyed show on TV
>>
I love how the show makes everything meaningful, whether it's just some inane detail like Mike trying to hash out endorsement deals with his agent while solving a murder later, or something small like mentioning an old man was hunting by the abominable snowman, only to get sidelined by a secret Nazi chamber, only for the yeti to come back in the end.
>>
I have yet to watch an episode but this thread is hyping me for it.
>>
>>78183556
Pigeon is seen as lovable and cute by Mike. Which is weird. Because he's a disease carrying gutter rat with wings. I suppose that's all part of the humor of the character. Mike acts like a child. And considering his boxing career and the inevitable brain damage that's not too inaccurate at this point.
>>
>>78182434
Mine is probably the chess tournament one.
>>
>>78182205
Tyson didn't even dominate his sport lmao.

He got his start beating up on tin cans, lost to every good boxer he fought and spent the last years of his boxing career losing to nobodies.

He was just a polarizing and exciting person. His real genius was the way he attracted attention.
>>
>>78183566
It never ends this shit.
>>
>>78183556
Mike lets Pigeon get away with so much stuff.
>65,000 a year

Mike's deep love of pigeons is gonna be the death of him someday.
>>
>>78183643
Or you know, Mike Tyson's famous love of pigeons taken to an absurd(even for Mike Tyson) level in the cartoon where he tolerates Pigeon at all.
>>
>>78183674
He was one of only 5 boxers to ever regain the title of heavyweight champion of the world after losing it. The others including Mohamed Ali and evander holifield.
>>
>>78183617
Yeah, the show's really focused. I've always felt like some stuff comes out of left field, but I've never felt that any episode was completely random. I suppose that's the strength of the premise - going with Hanna-Barbera's old formula means that anything can work if you coax it long enough.
>>
>>78183643
He actually raises pigeons, he had a show about it too. Guys weird, but entertaining.
>>
>>78183760
And that means he 'dominated' the sport?

If he was dominating boxing, he wouldn't have lost the title in the first place.

He was a great boxer, but wasn't even the best boxer of his decade.
>>
>>78182396
I know it's late in the thread, but this goes into it a bit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nvK8fua6O64
>>
>>78184550
>Pros: Space Jam
>Cons: Ruined Basketball for a generation

Honestly, it was worth it.
>>
>>78180855
It's a combination of Mike raising her werid and pigeon rubbing off on her. The more she reacts to him the worse he gets so it's better to shrugs him off.
>>
>>78182434
That's not House Haunters
>>
File: 1449899025324.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449899025324.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>Pigeon literally says he wants to fuck Yung in front of Tyson

Guy has got balls.
>>
>Aw man, another fender bender
>>
>>78180645
I like it. For some reason, I get kind of a "Jackie Chan Adventures" vibe from it.
>>
File: o-MIKE-TYSON-PIGEON-EX-facebook.jpg (424 KB, 1536x1057) Image search: [Google]
o-MIKE-TYSON-PIGEON-EX-facebook.jpg
424 KB, 1536x1057
>>78183643
>>78183694
Trutht him, he'th a profethional
>>
>>78185939
Really? You got to Jackie Chan and not Chuck Norris's Karate Kommandos or Mr T's cartoon or even any of the Scooby Doo knockoffs?
>>
>>78185971
I never watched the first two, and the last example(s) is/are already obvious enough to go without saying.
>>
>>78185556
You did not have permission to save that. You are going to crash the rare Milia market and cause a depression
>>
File: 2nd Doctor grimacing 2.gif (322 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
2nd Doctor grimacing 2.gif
322 KB, 350x263
>>78184550

>>Calls Bill Murray Dan Ackroyd
>>
>>78183674
He didn't start losing until the end of his career, though. He was undefeated up until then.
>>
File: uh oh.webm (471 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.webm
471 KB, 720x406
>>
>>78183240
But when you call shotgun, you get shotgun.
>>
>>78189820

You don't read very well. Human always take precedence over an animal. Whether or not it called shotgun is entirely irrelevent

Especially since it's so crowded back there. The logical course of action would be to let a person sit up front, and stuff the pigeon in the glove box or the trunk
>>
File: Pure, Muscular Joy.png (47 KB, 404x408) Image search: [Google]
Pure, Muscular Joy.png
47 KB, 404x408
>>78188594
>Where did you get that gun!
>My pocket!
>slides the gun into nothingness
kek
>>
>>78180855
Her pants were up though.
>>
>>78190058
You're funny. I don't know why you think this is funny.
>>
>>78190058
I feel that's the joke, and that I might be missing a joke.
>>
>>78183066
>"Dad, how did you get mite bites?"
>"Mike bites? You should ask Evander Holyfield, he's very familiar with 'Mike Bites" eeh hee hee!"
That line dam near killed me.
>>
>>78185556
What's he got to lose?
He's trapped in the body of a pigeon, it's not like he's too happy with life.
>>
>>78183674
Ill fucking kill you for lying about that 10/10 king motherfucker. There isn't a human being alive he couldn 't send to hell.
>>
>>78185556
So, Mike probably doesn't realize Pigeon can talk half the time
>>
Adult Swim: Killing your dreams since Futurama reruns vanished, we lost the rights to Cowboy Bebop, and Rick and Morty went on hiatus
>>
>>78191363

Im surprised Tyson is so involved in this show, as it makes him out to be a violent imbecille
>>
>>78185939

It appears to be a takeoff on the mystery cartoons of the 1970s. Like "The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan", Queensberry might also be a throwback to "The Funky Phantom"
>>
>>78192345
It really just makes him look like he's only got one foot in reality. Judging by the post-credit interviews with him though, it seems like he's enjoying making fun of himself.
>>
>>78192345
Tyson's embraced self-parody in the last few years. He's basically following with William Shatner model of going "that's not who I am people, c'mon" for a while and then going "fuck it, this is the best way for me to make money" and just rolling with the joke.
>>
File: marquess-of-Queensberry.jpg (25 KB, 220x267) Image search: [Google]
marquess-of-Queensberry.jpg
25 KB, 220x267
>>78182685

I read up on the guy, and even though his son was apparently gay, I can't find anything to suggest that Queensberry himself was a poo jabber. He was, however. an adulterer and had syphilis.

Save for the muttonchops. The guy in the cartoon really bears no resemblance to him
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.