[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the greatest villains in the DCU? Who would be in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: file.jpg (43 KB, 580x323) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
43 KB, 580x323
Who are the greatest villains in the DCU? Who would be in the ultimate Legion of Doom lineup?

>Lex Luthor
>Vandal Savage
>Gorilla Grodd
>Count Vertigo
>The Brain

Who else?
>>
>>78177887
Joker, Scarecrow, Bane, Riddler, Penguin, Two Face, Robin
>>
>>78177994
Which Robin?
>>
>>78177994
Joker would pretty much blow any group for any random shit. Its the last person you would want into a team
>>
>>78177887
>Count Vertigo
I have no idea who this is.
>>
>>78178562
Hence why he's never included in the legion
>>
>>78177887
>Count Vertigo
B-but why?

If Mr. Freeze isn't being reduced to a jobber, could he make the team?
>>
>>78178562
>invite him
> he says no
> everything works fine

>invite him
>fuck , he said yez
>make him feel important
>send him and some d-lister like captain cold to asia in a mission
>get rid of batman that goes to asia to figth the joker

Is a win win, if you dont invite him he can be an ass. And theres several crazy villians that like him.
>>
>>78177887
Brain, as in Doom Patrol? Ech, don't water down what appeal the Doom Patrol has by having them immediately be overshadowed/co-opted by other characters.

Brotherhood of Evil exists for a reason.
>>
I liked The Light in YJ: Klarion, Lex, Savage, Queen Bee, and The Brain
>>
>>78178830
But Brain is a villain who can hold his own against the JLA
>>
Deathstroke

Clearly nobody has read Identity Crisis.
>>
>>78178802
Until joker gets mad he was dumped and helps batman
>>
>>78177887
I'd say to go with Sivana instead of Grodd. Maybe Ivo and Morrow too. Grodd's not exactly a team player most of the time. And if you have Brain on the roster you should have Mallah too, so here's your token gorilla.

>>78177994
Penguin and Bane are the only ones that fit
>>
>>78179002
Mallah is a given with Grodd, but that's like saying Ubu is a member because Ra's is.

>>78177887
Add Ra's al Ghul
>>
Lex and gorilla grodd as begrudging partners and leaders working on a comon goal is always fun. maybe have Desaad and Kalibak. round it off with Mr feeze and killer moth. If for some reason lex can't play Give lead mad scientist to Dr Silvana, dude doesn't get enough work.
>>
>>78180584
>killer moth

I mean I love the guy but let's be fair, he doesn't really have the chops to be in the list of Greatest DC villains.

I wish they'd treat him seriously and actually play up his hatred of Batman though. The idea of there being an evil Batman hunter that can match him blow for blow would be pretty cool
>>
File: 1430436871106.jpg (212 KB, 600x872) Image search: [Google]
1430436871106.jpg
212 KB, 600x872
>mfw nobody said Superman and Batman
>>
>>78182192
In Injustice, its Wonder Woman
>>
>>78182165
true, i mostly just put him in there so there was a batman level baddy thats never really used. DC has amazing c listers and lore that they never use.
>>
File: TSCCSM_Cv1.jpg (126 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
TSCCSM_Cv1.jpg
126 KB, 540x800
>>
My personal favorite is ZOOM because there is nothing more scary than a person who wants to ruin your life and in the blink of an eye could literally kill everyone you love.
>>
>>78182192
He said "villains" you fucking idiot. Superman and Batman are heroes.
>>
File: black-manta-3.jpg (434 KB, 1239x967) Image search: [Google]
black-manta-3.jpg
434 KB, 1239x967
>no Black Manta
>>
Lex Luthor
Black Manta
Black Adam
Parasite
Cheetah
Animal Vegetable Mineral Man
Dr. Sivana
Gorilla Grodd
Felix Faust
Giganta

r8 my Legion of Doom
>>
>>78178802
>Captain Cold
>D-Lister
You wot m8
>>
>>78178698
>>78178795
>hating based Vertigo
>>
>>78184382
>no toyman
>no vertigo
>>
Sivana, Ra's al Ghul, Black Adam, Sinestro.
Keep Savage and Luthor, fuck Grodd and Brain. Vertigo's a great villain but not a world domination kind of villain.
>>
>>78184489
What has he even done
>>
>>78177887

Replace Count Vertigo and Brain with Black Manta and Black Adam.

Also add Sinestro.
>>
>>78184685
>fuck Grodd

No fuck YOU, Grodd is a fucking great villain when he's used correctly.

>>78184722

Has one of the single best overarching character development plots that stretches through a lot of Ostrander's work.
>>
>>78184214

what does he even do
>>
>>78184685
Grodd is one of the few villains that can go toe to toe with Lexx.
>>
>>78184776
He hates.
>>
>>78184759
I've never read those books. I'll check that out.
>>
>>78184830

He's a major player in Ostrander's Suicide Squad, but that arc also continues through his Manhunter series and Spectre.
>>
>>78184805

thats his power?

lame
>>
>>78183904
THIS

Zoom is the worst stalker to have. He can go in any moment of your life and wreck it. And you wouldn't even know he's behind it.
>>
>>78182165
I wouldn't say they should treat him completely seriously, but KM could be someone who would dress goofy and have his moth gimmick to make everyone underestimate him.

Like Keyser Soze.
>>
>>78187108
But Killer Moth is actually cool. He's an evil criminal Batman. He's like Batman's Reverse Flash.
>>
>Greatest (Strength)
Anti-monitor. Superboy prime. Alexander Luthor

These guys are a plot device used to reset or warp the entire universe and erase whole lines of continuity. Their power is as large as it needs to be, the Anti-Monitor travelled to the point of creation to re-shape the entire Universe

>Greatest (Interesting)
I love the Flash's rogues when they are working together.
>>
>>78187236
I just love well writen silver age characters. Its what makes a great comic great.
>>
>>78187236
I know. I just don't want him to turn into yet another edgy anti-Batman, like Hush, Prometheus, or Lincoln March. I'd like him to retain his goofiness, but still be a decent threat.
>>
>>78178802
Infinite Crisis made the point to show that only reason supervillains invite Joker to their team-ups is because Joker gets butthurt and will kill you if you dont invite him
>>
>>78187356
Those don't count for the same reason Darkseid isn't in the Legion. They don't work well as team players.
>>
>>78187511
Im with you a thousand percent, DC needs to stick with what could make it god tier. Its what made tom strong so much fun, goofy well written stories with believable characters dealing with stupid comic book junk
>>
>Darkseid
>Deathstroke
>Braniac
>Grodd
>Luthor
>Sinestro (when he feels like it)
>Mr. Mind
>Vandal Savage
>>
>>78185131
No, that is Prof Zoom (Eobard Thawne). Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) can't time travel.
>>
Luthor w/ Bizarro
Black Manta
Captain Cold
Scarecrow
Mr. Mind
Deathstroke (tho I don't like him, he's a big deal)
>>
>>78178562

But Joker has proven that if you don't at least ask, he's going to try and force his way into the group like that fat kid nobody liked in elementary school.
>>
Is Black Manta even evil though?

I thought he just channels his autistic rage at Aquaman and he'd retire if he kills him
>>
>>78188115

This would be good. Although maybe Sivana instead of Mr. mind. And get Giganta in there for some sex appeal
>>
>>78177887
Ultimate Legion of Doom line-up:

Cyborg Superman.
Deathstroke.
Black Alice.
Professor Zoom.
Sinestro.
Black Adam.
Lex Luthor.
Cheetah.
>>
File: laughing rogues.jpg (119 KB, 1074x376) Image search: [Google]
laughing rogues.jpg
119 KB, 1074x376
>>78178802
>Captain Cold a d-lister
>>
>Lex Luthor
>Black Manta
>Reverse Flash
>Despero
>Cheetah
>Star Sapphire
>Scarecrow
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.