[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Organic webbing or mechanical webshooters? Oh and btw do we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: spiderman_web.jpg (81 KB, 799x517) Image search: [Google]
spiderman_web.jpg
81 KB, 799x517
Organic webbing or mechanical webshooters?

Oh and btw do we already know which kind the new Spider-Man in Captain America 3 will have?
>>
Organic only if he shoots it out of his ass.
>>
>>78174687
only plebs and casuals like organic shooters
>>
what kind of shit radiated spider would only give sticky fingers, sense, reflexes, strength, but no actual web production (or extra limbs)?
>>
>>78174712
Gotta agree with this. Organic webbing is only a thing because of the liberties Raimi took...he never has organic webbing. That'd be like if MCU had a Bullseye and they made his Irish just because he was in the old Daredevil movie, or if they made the Punisher from Miami just because they changed that for no reason in that one movie
>>
Mechanized shooters are the only part of Pete's "powerset" that really lends itself to the fact that he's a bright kid, I appreciate that.

Also shooting webs out of spinnerets next to your veins is pretty nasty.
>>
File: anti_venom___spider_man_2.jpg (848 KB, 834x828) Image search: [Google]
anti_venom___spider_man_2.jpg
848 KB, 834x828
>>78174715
The same kind where the strength of your powers relies on how irradiated your blood is.
>>
While I don't really hate organic like everyone else seem to do I perfere mechanical.
>>
>>78174845
>eddie fucking peter with his fingers
>>
>>78174687
If I had a choice I'd go for mechanical shooters. Seems a little bit far fetched that he would get web shooters in his hands and not out of his ass or something. With that said I do think it's cheap how they use him running out of webbing or the shooters breaking or something as a dramatic hook so often.
>>
>>78174715
Pretty much.
Webs define spiders as spiders.

With just strength, stickiness, and reflexes, Spider-man could have easily have been "Gecko-man" or "Ant-Man" or some other kind of crawling creature
>>
>>78174687
Organic because it makes more sense. Also the types of radioactive spider represented is always a web spinning spider.
>>
>>78174687
Mechanical makes a better Peter, but I think organic makes for a cooler Spider-Man. Mostly because it's gross.

Mechanical is still better, though.
>>
I think organic is alright for some other Spider-People, like Spider-Man 2099 since his origin has his DNA being altered to be 50% Spider, but Peter's should be homemade to show off how smart he is.
>>
>>78174797
>he never has organic webbing.
Spotted the casual.
>>
File: 1436373499174.jpg (49 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1436373499174.jpg
49 KB, 540x720
>mechanical webs are the only way for Peter to show off his intelligence
>liking organic webs makes you a casual

What this thread boils down to every time we have it.
>>
>>78174687
Why not both Organic but he makes mechanical for better aiming and shit
>>
>>78174989
Then we got some kind of weird milking device situation going on
>>
>>78174995
>weird
>half human half spider crime fighting hybrid in spandex
>>
>>78174995
I'm perfectly okay with that
>>
>>78174687
>white text on white background
why
>>
>>78174948
Even if he did briefly it was retconned because it's stupid
>>
File: stickblush.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
stickblush.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
>>78174995
Someone needs to write a fanfic of this. You know, for science purposes and stuff.
>>
>>78174963
The thing is this is genuinely a matter of opinion.
>I think mechanical is superior because then Pete can show off his intelligence through his powerset instead of being a genius man who just so happened to become an ubermensch!
>I think it's weird for him to be "Spider-Man" If none of his standard powers necessarily relate to spiders! Shouldn't a Spider-Man have a Spider's most memorable trait?

It's just a fight of which you prefer more and no amount of these threads will change peoples' minds.
>>
>>78175029
Didn't deny that.
>>
>>78174712

Even Stan Lee said Spiderman should've had organic webshooters.

Go to bed, grandpa.
>>
>>78174934
building web shooters just to fit his spider theme while there are tons of more convenient gadgets to use is hardly a display of intelligence.
>>
>>78175049
Creator's whims don't mean that much, buddy. That's how art works.

Look at George Lucas. At the end morally sure an artist should have artistic control over his work, but it's open to interpretation and criticism from everyone else.
>>
>>78175049
Stan Lee is a pleb and a casual
>>
>>78174995
Sucks into the mechanical part and out it goes into a nice predictable line
>>
>>78175058

Yeah, if he was so goddamn smart he would've built a jetpack or some sort of flying mechanism like Iron Man.

It was just a lame way of giving him webbing, the mechanical webshooters.
>>
>>78175058
He's a smart kid and an inventor, he was directly inspired by the fact that he was bit by a spider and came up with something convenient in the city that would match his powerset.

It's mid-century sci-fi comic books, Do you want him to use a gun?

>>78175070
So like, rifled wrists?
>>
Mechanic web shooters make no sense, they are relic of the silver age and should have died decades ago.

If peter is smart enough to build them in his house, he should be smart enough to build a shitload of weapons and use them in every fight to end them quickly, making swinging around and punching people unnecessary.
>>
>>78175049
And George Lucas later said the Force should have been tied to microorganisms in your blood.

And JK Rowling later said she should have paired Harry with Hermione.

Creators often say stupid stuff about their created works once they have too much distance from it, or they get senile.
>>
>>78174687
They should've been organic from the beggining, but now is too late to change it.
>>
>>78175079
Something like that yes, because I think both organic and natural are needed
>>
>>78175058
I prefer organic

Why be os always poor if he created such thing? This always bothers me.

I know that one or two comics tried to explain this, but it's always a stupid explanation full of plot holes
>>
>>78175079
>It's mid-century sci-fi comic books

It grew way past this, the mechanic web shooters fit perfectly the mid century comic book, but currently they just feel out of place.
>>
File: 1290481479181.gif (261 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
1290481479181.gif
261 KB, 300x306
>>78175070

That... That actually would've been fucking awesome.

They should retcon that. It would satisfy both sides of the argument.

He'd have organic webs, giving him an actual spider themed power unlike his others.

But then he'd have to built some sort of rifled wrist device that he manipulates with his classic Spidey hand pose to change the speed and size of the stream. This allows him to show off his genius.

It's fucking perfect.

Good work, /co/. We just solved this whole webshooter problem forever.
>>
Now, to make webshooters, make the liquid and be spidermen. If you had that, would you use it?
>>
File: SpiderMan-ManSpider.jpg (113 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
SpiderMan-ManSpider.jpg
113 KB, 500x625
Organic if it leads to Man-Spider/other mutation stuff, otherwise they need to go mechanical or just fuck off.
>>
File: 1439360238347.png (171 KB, 335x358) Image search: [Google]
1439360238347.png
171 KB, 335x358
The only people who like organic web shooters are people who's first exposure to Spider-Man was the original film trilogy.

These people are nostalgic idiots who like god awful adaptions and possibly the worst Pete/Spider-Man ever.
>>
>>78175078
It's a comic book. Nobody EVER does the most obvious thing, they do the interesting to watch thing. Why haven't all these super genius characters changed the world into future-heaven yet? Comic books.

>>78175080
The web shooters have proven themselves repeatedly to be incredibly efficient, handy, and lightweight, which is pretty important to Spidey's fighting style of "dance around everything and punch them in the dick"

>>78175104
There's other stuff in Marvel that feels more out of place than a kid building mechanical web-shooters. Marvel's always been mishmashed.
>>
The fact that Peter can build this kind of thing in his bedroom just bring more questions than we can answer, organic ones just make more sense.
>>
>>78175095
>Why be os always poor if he created such thing? This always bothers me.

Because he wants to live a normal life. Oh, and he gave that up...he isn't poor anymore.
>>
>>78175105
No we didn't because some people probably just think organic webbing is nasty and pointless.

It's opinions, m8. There's no real "problem" other than someone feels a need to make one of these threads every two weeks.
>>
>>78175080
>he should be smart enough to build a shitload of weapons and use them in every fight to end them quickly, making swinging around and punching people unnecessary.
All you're saying is that you miss the point of Spider-Man entirely and should just read something else.
>>
>>78175125
What "unanswerable questions" does it raise even?
>>
File: 1447587716425.jpg (97 KB, 871x519) Image search: [Google]
1447587716425.jpg
97 KB, 871x519
>>78174687
Mechanical of course, it shows his smarts. He will be using mechanical web shooters in Civil War. Call me when organic webs can become acidic, block signals from bombs, be bullet proof, or be altered to be thicker and longer lasting
>>
>>78175118

Bullshit, faggot, I've been reading Spiderman for 30 years and even when I was a kid I thought it was stupid as fuck that he couldn't shoot actual webs.
>>
>>78175086
> Stan Lee said that outrageous nonsense about muh precious canon contraption (which was likely forced in because of the comics code or something) because he went crazy!
Is this what autism looks like?
>>
File: 1424294026939.jpg (70 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
1424294026939.jpg
70 KB, 530x530
>making swinging around and punching people unnecessary

Thank you. Spidey's entire style is all natural. There are plenty of heroes that rely on gadgets in gizmos, most famously Batman, but Spidey, the best versions of him, have always been Peter and his suit. Him building his own webshooters not only plays down the whole spider angle, but it also opens the door to another series of questions around why he doesn't invent more advanced spider-tech - like the Bat ears in Batman or like someone already said the Iron Man armor. There is no reason for someone whose powers are heightened senses, strength, stamina, and agility, to have a taste in the gadget world. No reason. None. And if you think Peter's intelligence can only be shown in the shit he scrapes together in his garage than you're retarded. Not every genius has to be an engineer.

And if reCAPTCHA asks me to pick the street signs one more fucking time I'm gonna lose it.
>>
Original Spider-man was a kid who was bit by a radioactive spider and became radioactive himself.
His powers were in no relation to spiders. The spider was just a vehicle for the radiation.

All his powers came from radiation. That's how he could stick to walls through his shoes and spandex. It was like magnetism.

Peter Parker called himself "Spider-man" in homage to the creature that gave him his powers. It was just an arbitrary theme.

But as time went on the spider aspects of Spider-man were exaggerated.
He was no longer just spider themed, but the living embodiment of some kind of spider-god.
There was some kind of universal spider-force and Peter Parker could tap into it. It was no longer just radiation giving him his powers.

So the difference between the two is line mechanical and organic webshooters.

If he's radioactive, mechanical is best.
If he's literally spider-powered, organic is best.
>>
>>78175118
Stop being a faggot
>>
>>78175120
>is pretty important to Spidey's fighting style of "dance around everything and punch them in the dick"

My point is, if he is smart enough to build this kind of device he had no reason to make this his fighting style, he could build tasers, laser guns, stun darts, sleep gas,and things like that. As far as I see, the only way to make him keep his iconic action scenes without bringing out the question of why he is limiting himself to web shooters, is giving him organic ones.
>>
>>78175153
Why doesn't it have a shitload of gadgets if he can build them?
If he is so poor, and so smart why not just sell one of his inventions for mad profit?
>>
File: 1449360669141s.jpg (8 KB, 222x211) Image search: [Google]
1449360669141s.jpg
8 KB, 222x211
>>78175118
>The only people who like mechanical web shooters are people who's first exposure to Spider-man included them an as a result can't break their nostalgia to see the more logical version.

FTFY
>>
>>78175180
If Iron Man is so smart why'd he build a giant robot full of lethal ordinance when he could just build some kind of godlike non-lethal machine?

Superscience in Marvel don't make no sense, you need to roll with it. Mechanical webshooters are both classic and a way to make Spidey's intelligence actually important to his character instead of being a throwaway "oh, and he's smart" trait.
>>
>>78175157
>on 4chan
>likely near 40

Where did your life go so wrong? Also, it seemed stupid to you as a kid because kids are stupid...as a kid I thought it was stupid that Batman couldn't fly but Superman could. Glad to know you never evolved past child logic.
>>
File: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_3.jpg (72 KB, 400x619) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_3.jpg
72 KB, 400x619
>>78175118
>The only people who like organic web shooters are people who's first exposure to Spider-Man was the original film trilogy.
I think mechanical web shooters are dumb and pic related was my first exposure to Spiderman.
It's okay to have a malleable brain and not being able to spell, but please don't project.
>>
>>78175205
Just because you were retarded doesnt mean everyone else was anon.
>>
>>78175180
>My point is, if he is smart enough to build this kind of device he had no reason to make this his fighting style, he could build tasers, laser guns, stun darts, sleep gas,and things like that.

He has super strength, speed, and agility, and doesn't need them?

Why doesn't Cap regularly wear a mech suit? Why doesn't Tony make mech suits for every single Avenger? Would make things easier right? Yeah....doesn't work that way
>>
>mechanic web shooter fags
nostalgia fags attached to old concepts that have no place in today comics

>organic web shooters fags
people who see how flawed the old concept was and want a positive change
>>
My first Spidey exposure was probably Raimi but I've always preferred Mechanical.

My dad bought this fucking massive Spider-Man encyclopedia by DK or whatever and I read all about this loreshit I couldn't hope to understand as a wee lad.
>>
>>78175222
>calls someone else retarded
>gets in an autistic fit because SPIDER-MAN isn't SPIDERY ENOUGH

I bet you freak out when dinosaurs don't have feathers too
>>
Wouldn't organic shooters have his DNA in it? Wouldn't that allow even the most basic villain to pay off a cop or get access to a lab to do a DNA check and find out who he is? Seems that the mechanical shooters are a safety thing too.
>>
>>78175227
>If I make one side seem retarded, and be positive about the other, I'M RIGHT!
>>
>>78175242
You're confused, there's more than three people ITT. I prefer mechanical webshooters, he can do more with them (acid, bulletproof, longer lasting). All I said was that you were a retarded child. Who gives a shit if the dinosaurs had feathers or not?
>>
>>78175247
but he is right
>>
>>78175245
Honestly, this is the only logical argument in favor of mechanical web shooters in this entire thread.
>>
>>78175245
Spidey designed the web-fluid to disperse automatically after a few hours.

...But then, he'd probably have to have mechanical webshooters to be able to do that.
>>
>>78175198
>Why doesn't it have a shitload of gadgets if he can build them?
Because that's not his style. He doesn't need an entire belt full of little gadgets. He's not Batman. The webs are versatile enough to do just about everything he needs.

>If he is so poor, and so smart why not just sell one of his inventions for mad profit?
1. He didn't want to call attention to his secret identity and just wanted to seem like an average guy
2. That's what he's doing now. Peter Parker is the new Tony Stark in the current comics
>>
>>78175130
Bit he is always broke on his most iconic phases, wheb he shouldn't be. That is the point.
>>
>>78175269
What I'm saying is is that the idea that he should have organic shooters just because "IT WOULD MAKE HIM MORE LIKE A SPIDER" is about as childish and stupid of a thought as it is to think Batman needs to fly on his own just because he is BATman. Might as well say WHY DOES HE HAVE A CAPE AND NOT REAL WINGS, WHY DOES HE NEED A JET TO FLY?
>>
>>78175273
But he's not, none of us are. It's all just opinion.
>nostalgia fags attached to old concepts that have no place in today comics
>old concepts that have no place in today comics
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
>>
>>78175275
It's not even.
>>78175282
>>
>>78175293
He wanted to live a normal life, this is the entire duality of Spider-Man....a normal kid trying to live a normal life but has a secret life that's anything but normal, that's why he took jobs as a photographer or a teacher and didn't try to become some science mogul even though he could
>>
>>78175312
It males he look stupid, with all the time all tblhe is complaining about about having money.

Also, it looks selfish, because these inventions would help the world a lot.
>>
>>78175245
Substances like snake venom or spider silk usually don't carry DNA.
>>
File: Triggered.jpg (141 KB, 590x791) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.jpg
141 KB, 590x791
Mechanical pros so far:
>Can be altered to be longer lasting, to the oint where it can only be dissolved with a special formula(Superior arc)
>Thicker webbing (Brand new Day)
>Bulletproof (Big Time)
>Corrosive (classic spidey)
>Block the magnetic sigmals from bombs (big time)
>Conductive?
Mechanical cons:
>He can run out
Organic pros:
>"Makes him more spidery"
>gives him a power tha actually makes him a Spider-Man (i'm being generous with this one)
Organic cons
>Could have his DNA in it, meaning that he can be found out
>Can't do any of the things listed in the mechanical pros
>Might have to maintain a certain diet to have quality webbing? (I recall him telling MJ he needs to eat lots of starches, but it's really no big deal)
>>
>>78174687
not yet on the info, but they already started working on the spider-man movie.
all I know is what every one else knows.
>>
>>78175049
that's not what ended up happening so fuck off kiddo
>>
>>78174891
Not all spiders build webs. He could be the moth man and still produce silk.
>>
>>78175434
Or silk-worm man. Do those turn into moths? Or hell, even genetically-altered-goat-man
>>
He should have spinners near his anus and collect the silk that comes out every day. After putting the silk into tiny pressurized containers that he can attach to his wrists he is ready to go.
>>
>>78175105
Wasn't it already in the series? That he produces web but use a machine to release it from his hands?
>>
>people saying organic shooters should come out of his ass

As much as I appreciate a nice butt joke, I just want to make sure we all know why this makes no sense. Spiders evolved to have butt web because their back legs make it easy to manipulate the web coming out of it, like in pic related, we just can't use our legs like that, having web comic out of our butts would be mostly inconvenient, we would probably have it coming out of a place near the part of our body we cave a nice grip strength and skill to manipulate tools, our hands.
>>
>>78174687
'These spinerettes are mutated and enlarged (skin pulled back on opening to show spinerettes)

Eww! Wrist anus, Spidey! What the fuck? Don't spread your wrist ass at us!
>>
>>78175467
In the Rami series? I think it was in a novelization, yes
>>
>>78175070
Sucks it out of nonsensical web-glands in his forearms, or the more logical place?

My realism-boner won't be satisfied until he's wearing a diaper with two hoses going up to his arms.
>>
>>78175600
see>>78175538
>>
>>78174687
I prefer organic but I read that the comics introduced them in some ridiculous convoluted way. I guess I'm fine with either so long as it is consistent.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (105 KB, 749x565) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
105 KB, 749x565
>>78174715
>what kind of shit radiated spider would only give sticky fingers, sense, reflexes, strength, but no actual web production (or extra limbs)?

It eventually did, you plebe.
>>
>>78174712
>>78174797
>N-not muh comics

Fuck off retards. Organic webbing makes sense because why the fuck would Pete somehow get all the spider-shit but not fucking webs for some reason? Stan's a huge retard. I'm glad Raimi fixed his mistake.
>>
>>78175538
so we're saying is
peter needs monkey feet?
>>
>>78175538
The thing is Spidey didn't evolve this way, he mutated. Mutation and evolution don't have goals in mind, they just make changes and the ones that survive pass those on. There's no more reason Spidey would mutate in the most beneficial way than the least beneficial or somewhere in between.

But frankly the whole point is moot because arachnid DNA isn't even slightly compatible with human DNA, so it's not like the spinnerets would even manifest naturally ANYWHERE on his body
>>
>>78175692
Why would webs come out of arms, stop being fucking autistic.
>>
>>78175700
Oh, that's even better, and abnormal mobility on his legs, almost body horror tier.
>>
File: face of autism.jpg (51 KB, 542x557) Image search: [Google]
face of autism.jpg
51 KB, 542x557
>this thread
>>
>>78174687
mechanical webshooters hands down. I've said this before, but they add serious characterization to Spiderman. It establishes him as some ghetto super genius. Not only that but it also adds intensity and pressure to most fights.

>MCU Spiderman in hardcore major fight with MCU Black Panther
>Is almost even with BPs agility despite BP clearly having more experience than him
>The only saving grace is that he can sling out of the asswhipping BP is laying on him
>All of a sudden you hear a click
>He's out of web shooter
>"Dammit!"
>Audience is on the edge of their seats with how he gets out of this one
>He does some tricky clever shit to barely escape this asswhippin but he is bruised to all hell
>He leaves battle with some insight and experience on the dude he was fighting and Rocky 4's himself up for another battle
>>
>>78175730
See>>78175706
Web coming out of his ass doesn't make any more sense scientifically
>>
>>78175538
If anything I would say that he would produce silk from his belly/crotch

The spider butt is where most of its organs are located so by comparison the belly/crotch/perineum are good guesses.
>>
File: 1431051609394.png (369 KB, 289x460) Image search: [Google]
1431051609394.png
369 KB, 289x460
>>78175733
That's one time CWC was actually correct though

Also >mfw organic webshooters will never be used again
>>
>>78175786
>mfw people who watched the Raimi movies as kids will soon take over comics
>They will make the webshooters organic
>>
>>78175811
Nah, as soon as the MCU Spidey gains momentum people will call the Raimi films shit and have utter disdain for anything that isn't under their precious MCU banner, and for once I will be on the side of Marveldrones
>>
File: 21.jpg (234 KB, 780x1143) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
234 KB, 780x1143
>>78175118
The only person behind this post is a fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1441396771869.jpg (321 KB, 571x667) Image search: [Google]
1441396771869.jpg
321 KB, 571x667
>>78175861
Raimi trilogy sucked dick, get over it baby boy cause your childhood was garbage.
>>
>>78175843

People tried that once but the ASM series was such a massive disaster it didn't work. The only reason they're not the cape movie blunder of the decade is because Tranktastic came out.

We'll see how the new guy works out. Cop Car was pretty dope but I'm not sure what part of it got him hired for Spider-Man unless Kevin Bacon is playing Stormin' Norman.
>>
File: 07.jpg (280 KB, 780x1154) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
280 KB, 780x1154
>>78175878
>Raimi invented organic webbing
>>
>>78175907
ASM failed for other reasons, they did Spider-Man right...they just did movies wrong. There was absolutely nothing charming about Toby as Pete and there was absolutely nothing "Spidey" about him as Spider-Man, he was a stock loser and a stock hero
>>
>>78175878
I hate Raimi spider movies but like organic shooter better

What bow faget?
>>
>>78174687
I liked the organic webbing but honestly I don't really care
There really have never been a difference for the most part, unless they wanted to do an asspull and Spidey suddenly ran out of fluid or his web shooters malfunctioned out of nowhere.
>>
>>78175734
>>All of a sudden you hear a click
>>He's out of web shooter
>>"Dammit!"
that establishes him not as a genius but as a fucking retard who didn't stick a buzzer or any other kind of indicator in.
>>
>>78176018
ok
>>
>>78174687
Mechanical, why make Pete a genius scientist if he isn't going to apply that knowledge?
>>
>>78176018
The building of the web shooters is what establishes him as a kid with extraordinary talent, not some nigga who just got lucky.

This is why Batman is one of the most popular super heroes, because underneath all that massive plot armor, is a guy who gets fucked up in certain situations so he has to think.
>>
Web shooters, Spider tracers, Web fluid, Spider signal are cooler parts of his kit
>>
>>78176057
Then why isn't he applying that talent? Bruce finances a ton of stuff outside of his little crusade. Up until Slott, Peter did JACK SHIT with his scientific knowledge. He was playing with his sticky shooters and tracking buggers. Why DO you need to establish him as a kid with some kind of extraordinary talent if you're not going to do ANYTHING with his brain?
>>
>>78176018
No it just establishes him as a human who isn't always crazy prepared with the exact amount of something he might always need.

It's the same concept as an action movie hero running out of ammunition and needing to improvise.
>>
>>78176091
>sticking an indicator of your remaining fluid so you don't fall mid-swing requires precognition now
>>
While I like of like the thematic consistency of organic Web Shooter, it seems kind of dumb that they'd come out of his wrists and not be somewhere on his abdomen.
>>
>>78176104
Actually his shooters make a beeping sound when he's running low in modern comics
>>
>>78175692
webing are the only truly spider thing in spiderman's powerset.
superstrenght and agility is common to many superheroes, sticking to walls is something that all arachnids and insects and even soem lizards can do, premonition has nothing to do with spiders and the excuse used in the comics would have worked just as well for any arachnid or insect, especially flies.
Webbing is the only thing he has that's a uniquely spider characteristic
>>
>>78176178
Dumbest argument for organic webshooters possible. I guess you want Scorpion to actually have a real scorpion tail as well?
>>
>>78176156
Well, in modern comics he also started using his brain to solve bigger problems. If that was the case since the beginning, I'd be all for mechanical webbing because yes, then Peter's genius actually does bring something to the table.
But a kid who invents a non-lethal weapon with incredible stopping power and durability, who sits on that invention for half a century (IRT) even though his pockets are constantly empty? No way. That kid should have gotten organic webbing along with the rest of the package.
>>
>>78175538
They should be, though. If he's getting mutated by spider DNA he should be what they get really.
>>
>>78174963
Well yeah, because the movies will never have him invent the Spider-Tracers or have any other inventive background.
>>
>>78174687
>Organic web
>But
>Shooters so the web comes out right

Is this a good compromise?
>>
>>78176244
That's what Cameron wanted to do before Raimi came on board and decided to drop shooters entirely.
>>
>>78176208
>who sits on that invention for half a century (IRT) even though his pockets are constantly empty?
One who enjoys being a super hero. You know, the reason he exists. Why doesn't Iron Man or Batman sell their technology? Fuck the fact that they're already rich, they like being who they are...if they didn't they'd all give it up and just sell shit.
>>
>>78175029
It was retconned for the same reason his marriage was retconned
>muh original status quo
>>
>>78176244
>web diaper to collect silk
≥pipes leading to Web shooters
I like it
>>
Organic created by the black suit.
Black suit was rad, Venom was a mistake
>>
File: Incorrect.jpg (26 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Incorrect.jpg
26 KB, 500x312
>>78174687
>Spiderman
>No hyphen
>>
File: 1315551001460.jpg (234 KB, 704x739) Image search: [Google]
1315551001460.jpg
234 KB, 704x739
>>78175692
>>
>>78176244
All or nothing
>>
>>78174687
People say that the webshooters show off his genius, but if Pete can invent something like that and not make money off it then he just looks like an idiot.

I like the compromise where he produces web from his wrists, bit he needs webshooters to make it shoot out fast and far.
>>
>>78175086
Technically, that's not what JK Rowling said. But that didn't stop the FUCKING SHIPPERS. dear fucking god the shippers.
>>
>>78176260
You're saying like giving up the schematics or formula or whatever the hell he has there would nullify his other superpowers. If he produces a non-lethal web gun for cops, it won't destroy him or his web shooters, he still can be a hero.
>>
File: 1436236562753.jpg (130 KB, 900x1397) Image search: [Google]
1436236562753.jpg
130 KB, 900x1397
>>78176283
agreed.
>>
>>78176306
So basically, he can naturally shoot webs like Noir can, but he uses webshooters to let him webswing?
>>
>>78174687
theres pros and cons.
with mechanical shooters you show off just how smart peter can be
but, without organic shooters, theres just not enough super powers imo
the spidery-est part of him isnt even a super power? he could have been bit by a radioactive gecko and it would all still make sense
>>
>>78176313
>Spider-Man gives the NYPD his formula and web shooter scematics
>They get stolen and suddenly every criminal is using them
This is why that never happens
>>
>>78176343
speaking of pros and cons
>>78175389
>>
>>78176345
So criminals use non-lethal, non-harmful web guns instead of actual firearms. Wow. So awful.
>>
>>78176244
Yes.
>>
>>78175283
>Because that's not his style.
and that's the core point of why mechanical webshooters are idiotic. They open up plot holes that can't be resolved within the story but have to rely to factors external to the narrative.
You'd think if he's so brilliant he'd have spend half and afternoon to build a sonic device or a grounding device to use against electro or venom, but no because peter is a functional retard
>>
>>78176390
He did create a few extremely situational gizmos under Slott but I can't say anything good about this run on /co/.
>>
>>78175296
yes, seriously.
mechanical webshooters are a retarded idea that people only like because of nostalgia
>>
>>78176380
Are you dense? His shit is already non lethal. Can you not see the danger of a city full of thugs armed with Web shooters? Supervillains armed with web shooters?
>instead of actual firearms
Oh yeah, because they would definetly not use real guns if they have web guns
>>
>>78175434
al spiders produce webbing. Not all spiders use them to build webs.
And spider webbing is far more durable than silk
>>
>>78174687
His synthetic spider silk dissolves after a few hours.
If the webs are organic, wouldn't they just stay around until someone cleans them up? That would be super inconvenient.
>>
>>78176380
Surely you're not retarded enough to not see the implications of rapists, murderers, thieves, and other such criminals getting ahold of a tool that they can use to completely immobilize citizens and law enforcement while they go about their business. What stops them from webbing up granny and then raping her after they stomp her face in?
>>
>>78175538
>Spiders evolved to have butt web because their back legs make it easy to manipulate the web coming out of it
Or did their back legs evolve to handle butt web better?
>>
>>78176451
>Surely you're not retarded enough to not see the implications
He is
>>
>>78175450
>>78175538
that could be the solution.
He had a spinneret near his ass, studied the webbing that came out of it and reproduced it artificially for his mechanical webshooters.
He never mentioned it to anyone because he finds it embarrassing.
And he only uses his spinneret when he's in the bathroom to relieve himself so we've never seen him use it.
>>
>>78176343
>with mechanical shooters you show off just how smart peter can be

This is still the dumbest thing. Its not showing off that much really.

God forbid you actually come up with a GOOD way to show off his smarts.
>>
>>78174687
Organic webbing is retarded.At least with mechanical webbing it makes sense that he can shoot the webs out, because the materials are under pressure, Organic makes no sense, on top of all the other bullshit that doesn't make sense.

Plus, mechanical helps to develop Peter Parker as a smart kid instead of just some loser dope with a crush.
>>
>>78175389
>>Can't do any of the things listed in the mechanical pros
Have you ever heard about silk, aka Mindy moon?
>>
>>78176407
>>78176451
I'm not dense. But mass-produced web-shooters wouldn't be some kind of top secret weaponry anyway, think of them as a step up from your average taser. Something a regular man can use for self-defense. Yes, you can use them for evil as well, if not better, as you can use them for good but that's true for just about every single piece of technology. Just because a new toy shows up on the market the rate of crimes won't skyrocket but at least victims will be harmed a little bit less than before.
>>
Guys I have an idea too, why don't we make The Punisher NOT kill people? And while we're at it, make Wolverine an actual wolverine...it doesn't make sense that his powers are healing and metal bones, sure he has senses but that's not enough like a real wolverine, he needs to be much more like the animal for his code name to make sense to my zoophilia
>>
File: ASM 615024.jpg (553 KB, 1280x1981) Image search: [Google]
ASM 615024.jpg
553 KB, 1280x1981
>>78176390
the first time he fought electro he built a grounding device. the first time he fought vulture he whipped up a portable EMP generator to fuck with his flight harness. he's built a bunch of stuff to counter certain foes over the years, not to mention his spider tracers.
>>
File: 1431406559252.jpg (80 KB, 590x616) Image search: [Google]
1431406559252.jpg
80 KB, 590x616
>>78176380
>non-lethal, non-harmful

not to mention all the morons that kill themselves trying to webswing with their weak civilian bodies
>>
>>78176559
So what? God knows Marvel Universe needs less retarded people in that gene pool.
>>
>>78176208
>>78176306
it's also to estalish peter as a retarded loser.
That was peter's characterization for half a century. He was brilliant but also a jerk and a loser.
>>78176451
potential victims and laww enforcement would get them too.
And anyway rapists and murderers don't need non-lethal webshooters when they can just use guns or knives to threaten and kill someone.
you could make the same argument you're making against pepper spry or tazers or any kind of non-lethal device
>>
>>78176575
there'd be no one left
>>
File: 1441400221228.jpg (57 KB, 209x470) Image search: [Google]
1441400221228.jpg
57 KB, 209x470
>>78176559
>holding him by the tit
>>
>>78176580
>it's also to estalish peter as a retarded loser.
>That was peter's characterization for half a century. He was brilliant but also a jerk and a loser.
Pete was a jerk but he was also smart and constantly trying to make money in any way possible.
>>
>>78176306
>People say that the webshooters show off his genius, but if Pete can invent something like that and not make money off it then he just looks like an idiot.

Because he's trying to hide his identity. People would immediately know he's Spider-man if he sell his secret.

Also, it emphasizes how he's making sacrifices for the greater good, not for money. Though it'd be nice if he had it, he recognizes he essentially has to make these sacrifices for the city he wants to save. If everyone had their hands on a webshooter imagine how fucked up NYC would be.
>>
>>78176580
>And anyway rapists and murderers don't need non-lethal webshooters when they can just use guns or knives to threaten and kill someone.
Or, they could use both.
>you could make the same argument you're making against pepper spry or tazers or any kind of non-lethal device
A lot of criminals actually do use those things. It's not particularly hard to get ahold of a taser these days, and it's always been especially easy to get your hands on pepper spray.
>>
>>78174704
>>78174890
>>78175538
It's not like humans have an equivalent organ to spinnerets, anyway. It wouldn't be any more likely to come out his ass than anywhere else.
>>
>>78176616
Spider-Man was CONSTANTLY trying to make money over the greater good in his early stories.
>>
>>78176675
But not at the expense of his identity or heroics.
>>
>>78176559
>shooting sticky and very durable stuff down your throat is bad for your health
I mean, come on, man.
>Because he's trying to hide his identity. People would immediately know he's Spider-man if he sell his secret.
He used to be one of Spidey's most reliable outlets in the media. He can say he was the one who invented it and let Spidey test it. Or maybe Spider-Man gave them to him after they grew closer over time! He found them! He was inspired by Spider-Man! Sure, he wouldn't be completely cleared after making a few excuses but the guy knows how to hide his identity. He'd be fine.
But, you know, he actually did try to sell the web fluid but Marvel Universe actually IS filled with retards and nobody wanted to buy it.
>>
>>78176698
>>78176616
was going to reply to this.
>>
>>78176616
He'd do a lot more good inventing new, extremely lon-lethal tools for law enforcement than trying to stop crimes in New York City one at a time.
>>
>>78174687
Organic to start with. They allow Peter to swing and create a net, though the hard way, but they do not last long. Eventually Peter makes mechanical webshooters that enhances his own, allows him to create all sorts of different forms of web (bolos, auto nets, bandages, e.t.c.), and comes with multiple reloadable cartridges that exceed his organic capacities.
>>
it dissolves in an hour, a day at most if he tweaks the formula, most industries with money would rather just use the latest alloy cables Stark Industries put out.
>>
File: 1438237073943.jpg (612 KB, 1280x1948) Image search: [Google]
1438237073943.jpg
612 KB, 1280x1948
why cant these threads ever compromise? there is no reason not to have both organic and mechanical.

It makes sense that a kid can invent the WEB SHOOTERS in his garage, but its unlikely that a kid could invent a WEEBING as in a web-like substance that he can mass produce and refine it into catriges for this shooters.

Realy fucking bothered me in the AMAZING spiderman films, it was oscorp that "invented" the spider silk for "industrial purposes" and then peter just somehow stole/bought it in bulk with oscorp not recognizing their own product being used by a vigalante.

what would be a good compromise is, he gets bitten, and developes organic web shooter spinnerets on his wrists. He produces his own organic webbing, but straight from his body, it is woefully unrefined (very thick and sticky) has traces of his DNA. he can deplete his silk gland reserves rather quickly, but it constantly regenerates depending on his calorie intake. also, his natural spinnerets can only SHOT WEB a limited distance even with super strength powered sphincter muscles, but this range could be improved if he ever gets power ups like spider totem favor, extra mutation in his system, ala man spider, symbiote, or maybe even he could learn to use his wall stick powers to turn his wrists into mini mass drivers

so being the smart kid that peter should be, he he does chemical tests on his organic silk and finds a way to refine, liquify, and condence his silk into metal cartridges. these chemical experiments would also lead to the various different webbings, like flammable, insulated, or long lasting webbing. he makes the classic web shooters that have a much further reach, with very efficient thickness, and even has various nozzles for different web-tools and techniques. Peter would have a different device (that he eventualy incorperate into the shooters themselves) that could "milk" his spinneret/glands and collect his silk tinto cartridges
>>
>>78176698
>>78176715
>>78176675
None of this would stop villains from linking him with Spidey and harming his family. On top of that it would make him prime suspect 1 for possible Spidey. None of this can go well. At least with taking photos of him, he can maneuver out of that. There's no way to maneuvering out of having Spider-man's primary defense tool.
>>
>>78176755
After being bit by the radioactive spider, he gained knowledge of how webbing is made. Top scientist can't even figure it out, but because he had this quirk he can.

That's how it works in the comics tbqhfam
>>
>>78176755
>>78174989
>>78175070
>>78175105
>>78175450
>>78176244
>>78176306
This seems to be a popular suggestion.
>>
>>78176766
This assumes he'd become a vigilante in the first place instead of selling the shit and making money before he even got bit.
>>
>>78176741
>trying to stop street crimes one at a time
half his rogues gallery are crime lords, and the other half are people that can't just be webbed up without knocking them out first
>>
My problem with the mechanical method isn't that 'it'd make him less spidery' but that it comes with the fact that Peter has to be a mechanical genius for it to be believable. Being a gadgeteer genius wouldn't have worked in Raimi's trilogy, for example, because Peter needing money was a major issue.

Peter can still be a genius, just not a gifted engineer along with it.
>>
>>78175155

underrated post
>>
>>78176795
yea i know thats the silver age explanation. im more pissed off about the ASM films where the silk was made in some dank room in the oscorp building filled with radioactive spiders for the purpose of...towing around comecial airliners? and then no one bats an eye when that same product is being used to fight crime (of which oscorp most likely has a hand in)
>>
>>78176844
raimi's trilogy was bad, though, so let's just ignore it
>>
>>78176813
>This assumes he'd become a vigilante in the first place instead of selling the shit and making money before he even got bit.

But this eludes the whole premise of why he got into crime fighting. To make a difference because of Uncle Ben's words. To change the city for the better. That's the whole point of becoming Spider-man.
>>
>>78176852
ASM 3 was meant to be about how Spider-Man's creation was something Oscorp ensured would happen
>>
>>78176870
if he landed a sweet deal for his web shooters, he never would have gone to the underground fighting ring to earn cash, and ben never would have died, so peter would have never become a hero
>>
>>78175049
Let's ask DITKO
>>
>>78175165
go back to reading Luke Cage or Daredevil if you want a hero that solves everything with fists and wit
>>
>>78176899
All this is hypothetical. He thought he could make quick cash fast and easy, there's no way he was gonna take off as quickly as using his abilities to fight underground.

Keep in mind he'd also need cash to make the web-shooters. Which is where he gig at shooting pics of Spider-man comes in.

You're essentially dancing around the topic making up these cases why web-shooters wouldn't/shouldn't work, when there's more reason to put them in than to leave them out.
>>
>>78175389
Why can't he run out of organic webbing, though? If anything, he should run out FASTER. Unless he had Popeye arms or something.
>>
File: 1438237463997.gif (1 MB, 318x324) Image search: [Google]
1438237463997.gif
1 MB, 318x324
>>78176877
so did some oscorp suit just walk up to pete and be like "hey kid we saw you got bit on our security cameras. those were GMO spiders senpai, you probly got super powered spider aids now. heres a lifetime supply of our industrial strength sticky fluid as compensation. oh and try not to thwart my boss's criminal underground operations TOO much with your new powers ktnx"
>>
>>78176795
but then that makes the "to show he's a genius" argument void.
>>
>>78176963
Because organic webbing wouldn't be stored, it'd be created at a whelm.
>>
>>78176991
He isn't a genius he's above average and has household items and access to labs to build what he wants. He's also quick witted.
>>
>>78174687
Wrist spinnerets but he needs mechanical webshooters to actually use the webbing in a useful way.
>>
>>78175932
>There was absolutely nothing charming about Toby as Pete and there was absolutely nothing "Spidey" about him as Spider-Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YSohrrP0VY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEGu1u_7eKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E0oiKjLzTc
>>
File: ASM102_cover.jpg (131 KB, 486x738) Image search: [Google]
ASM102_cover.jpg
131 KB, 486x738
>>78174715
>(or extra limbs)
You should try actually reading the comics.
>>
>>78176995
That makes even less sense. Now he basically has a nuclear fusion reactor in his wrist.
>>
>>78176930
Daredevil uses a tool that he invented though. Which is bullshit, if anything he should pray to SATAN and get his whippy stick from the devil himself, that's the only way his name makes sense
>>
>>78174797
>he never has organic webbing.
Well, he did for a pretty short time. For like a year/year and a half in real life, just before Civil War.

It was retconned away with all of Peter's character development with One More Day.
>>
>>78177041
dude, he was bit by a RADIOACTIVE spider. spider man has always been NUUUUUUUCLEAAAAAAR!
>>
>>78177052
there probably is a story somewhere in which DD goes back in time and becomes the inventor of the modern billy club
>>
>>78177014
>He isn't a genius he's above average
no, the spider fluid and spider tracers are something that even the top geniuses in marvel have trouble inventing, and he came up as a teenager
>>
>>78174890
>I do think it's cheap how they use him running out of webbing or the shooters breaking or something as a dramatic hook so often.

This very rarely happens in. It was a big thing in the 90's cartoon. And that's pretty much it.

It happens every once in a great while (We're talking, like, once for ever 100 issues). Its not a problem worth complaining about.
>>
>>78177078
But what's it got to do with the devil? Daredevil should be a Satanist or change his name. He may as well just be called Darefighter since he fights...or better yet, Batman since he has sonar
>>
>>78177078
You mean he invents a stick?
>>
>>78177069
he got them back shortly afterwards, the brief period where he also had those wrist stingers.
>>
>>78177114
No, when Matt Murdock was thinking of a way to strike fear into the criminals of Hell's Kitchen, Evel Knievel crashed through his window
>>
>>78177114
all catholics are inherently satanists since they worship god and god knowingly created the devil
>>
>>78174687
SPIDERMAN

SPIDERMAN

DOES WHATEVER A RADIOACTIVE SPIDER CAN
>>
>>78175730
I'm just gonna go with the Oscorp explanation, which is that they were trying to create super-soldier serums adapted to human DNA. Makes more sense than a poverty stricken white nerd capable of revolutionising the fields of science and industry with ridiculously powerful and resistant webbing capable of being packed in tiny capsules somehow STILL being fucking poor and incapable of paying the bills. If he can do that, he can invent his way out of the ghetto Stark-style.
>>
>>78177142
EXCEPT SHOOTING WEBS

BECAUSE WEBS DONT WORK THAT WAY

IT'D BE STUPID JUST HAVE HIM INVENT IIIIIIT

LOOKOUT!

LITERALLY HAVING HIM SHOOT WEBS FROM HIS ARMS AND NOT FROM A WEB SHOOTING DEVICE WOULD BE PRETTY FUCKING STUPID
>>
>>78177175
He didn't want to be Stark, I don't see how this is hard to comprehend. He wanted to live a normal life while being a hero in secret. Being a filthy rich superstar scientist =/= a normal teenaged life
>>
File: 2592418-feat15skills2qe6.jpg (87 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
2592418-feat15skills2qe6.jpg
87 KB, 398x600
>>78175155
>Call me when organic webs can become acidic, block signals from bombs, be bullet proof, or be altered to be thicker and longer lasting
Actually I think they are bulletproof. He has been doing that web shield thing since the 60's.

But people seem to forget that Spider-Man has been doing the gadget thing for decades. Spider tracers being the most common.
>>
Sabretooth doesn't have literal sabres for teeth, this triggers my autism beyond any bounds.

And for that matter, Superman isn't a man....he should change his name to Superkryptonian

And for that matter, the Green Goblin has no goblin powers....this is fucking stupid
>>
>>78175169
>All his powers came from radiation. That's how he could stick to walls through his shoes and spandex. It was like magnetism.
I think they mentioned this during the Juggernaut fight way back. He actually bonds to surfaces and no amount of strength can rip him off a wall when stuck to it.

In the 90's they also tried explaining his powers as a latent mutant that was just activated by the spider. That was dropped soon after.
>>
>>78175155
This makes mechanical shooters objectively the superior choice.
>>
>>78175706
>The thing is Spidey didn't evolve this way, he mutated. Mutation and evolution don't have goals in mind, they just make changes and the ones that survive pass those on. There's no more reason Spidey would mutate in the most beneficial way than the least beneficial or somewhere in between.
Technically, there's no reason that he shouldn't just get radiation poisoning and die.

It's a narrative convenience, anon.
>>
>>78175198
>Why doesn't it have a shitload of gadgets if he can build them?
He has done that

On top of web shooters he invented spider tracers which are little red spider thingies that tip off his spider sense so he can track people anywhere in New York.
He made a few different types of web bombs and different types of webbing based on who he is fighting.
>>
File: 1438238716080.jpg (124 KB, 461x699) Image search: [Google]
1438238716080.jpg
124 KB, 461x699
GUYS WHAT IF...GUYS LISTEN....WHAT IF...ARE YOU LISTENING? WHAT IF SPIDERMAN'S HAIR ACTED LIKE TARATNTULA HAIR WHICH USED TO BE GROUND UP AND SOLD AS ITCHING POWDER!!!! IMAGINE THE SPIDER BANTER THAT FOLLOWS AFTER SPIDERMAN THROWS TRICK BOMBS FILLED WITH HIS ITCHY BEARD HAIRS HE COLLECTS FROM THE SINK EVERY MORNING DOWN A SUPER VILLAN'S PANTS!!!
>>
>>78174797
>Gotta agree with this. Organic webbing is only a thing because of the liberties Raimi took...he never has organic webbing.

Organic webbing exists because until we each individually learned that he had mechanical shooters, everyone assumed it was organic to begin with.

Webbing and wall crawling pretty much the only thing that's really SPIDER-y about Spiderman.

With mechanical shooters, he doesn't have webshooting naturally. So why the fuck is he Spiderman when the only thing he does is climb walls- which most any insect/arachnid and many lizards can do?
>>
Could organic web shooters get infected?

That would be awkward.
>>
>>78177651
Because he got bitten by a spider and decided to wear a suit like a spider.

Scorpion doesn't have a long ass organic tail coming from him. Rhino doesn't have actual Rhino horns.
>>
>>78177587
if he's to get abilities of specific spiders I'd rather he gets the dancing skills of a hunting spider or the tail of a peacock spider
>>
>>78177651
Why is Daredevil Daredevil when he is not the lord of darkness?
Why is Wolverine Wolverine when he is not one?
Why is Batman Batman when he does not flap wings or eat bugs?
Why is Doctor Octopus Doctor Octopus when he has only has eight limbs? Why not be Doctor Spider? It's not like he squirts ink or something too.....

>animal fags are autists
>>
>>78177691
octupiccis only have 8 limbs. youre thinking of squids, which have 8 + 2 hunting limbs that are longer and have hooks instead of suckers.
>>
>>78177724
Point is lots of animals have eight limbs, what else does he have in common with an Octopi? Nothing that's what, he needs to change his name or get ink squirting powers also his skin should change color depending on his mood
>>
>>78176755
>and then peter just somehow stole/bought it in bulk with oscorp not recognizing their own product being used by a vigalante.

They probably assumed the web was part of his powers, and not a device he made. You know, it makes more sense that the kid with spider powers can shoot webs.
>>
>>78177676
>>Scorpion doesn't have a long ass organic tail coming from him. Rhino doesn't have actual Rhino horns.

Both their powers come entirely from their suits, though. Vulture didn't get super fast eating and then decide to make wings. Rhino didn't get poor eyesight then decide to make a big suit. Doc Oc didn't get the ability to spray ink, then add eight arms.

I don't know who gets the ability to climb walls and superstrength and then thinks, "Ah, I'll also shoot webs."
>>
>>78177747
>lots of animals
>octupi
>spiders
>lots
>>
>>78177794
>I don't know who gets the ability to climb walls and superstrength and then thinks, "Ah, I'll also shoot webs."

One who got those powers from a spider...

I don't know who gets powers from a spider then says I KNOW, I'M SUDDENLY INSPIRED TO MAKE A BEAK WEAPON AND CALL MYSELF BIRDBOY
>>
>>78174712
Stan wanted to go organic but...comic code said no to ANY body fluids, period. I like both.
>>
>>78174687

Mechanical -- accept no substitutes.
>>
>Why doesn't he sell the web/webshooter?
I had thought Peter tried to sell his web-fluid but nobody wanted it because it dissolved?
>>
>>78177175
He tried to sell his formula early on but the Big Glue guys didn't want it because it dissolved after an hour or so.
>>
>>78177821

Why is this so hard for people to understand?
>>
>>78178388
>>78178475
It'd make an amazingly effective non-lethal police weapon.
>>
>>78175245
...They would need peter's DNA first to find out that he was spider man.
>>
>>78175049
Stan Lee's a senile old coot who thinks he should be making cameos in DC films, probably because he thinks he created Batman and Superman too.
>>
File: Armored_Avengers_(Earth-776).jpg (98 KB, 879x354) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Avengers_(Earth-776).jpg
98 KB, 879x354
>>78175226
>Why doesn't Tony make mech suits for every single Avenger?
>>
>>78177691
>Daredevil
>A reckless person who enjoys doing dangerous things: spectators watched in horror as the nineteen-year-old daredevil smashed into the ground

and they all chose their names as themes for their actions or characteristics.
wolverines are small tough bastards who fight bigger animals, batmans are creatures of the night, octopusses have 8 flexible limbs.
spiderman doesnì't just use a spider theme, he got the powers of spiders, except he didn't.
>>
>>78177821
>One who got those powers from a spider...
what powers did he get from the spider?
strenght and agility? those are very common.
wallclimbing? any arthropod.
precognition? How the fuck is that spider related?
the only power he got from the spider is the one he didn't. He could have been bit by an ant or a fly or a bee or a gecko and would have the same exact set of powers and still make webbing because it's a useful power
>>
I hate the mechanical webshooters. Peter Parker being smart works when he's a "radio shack nerd" building trackers and such without going overboard. It completely breaks immersion for him to be a super-genius who just randomly invents a god-tier polymer. It's one thing to have super-geniuses who made their own powers, like the Hulk and Mister Fantastic. Nothing wrong with that. It's another thing to just tack on being a super-genius to a character who works fine without being one. It's lame and outdated.
>>
>>78178526
Because it is stupid, if peter is a genius capable of build technology like that in his bedroom he should not make web shooters, he should o full Iron Man, limiting himself to the web shooters because it fits his spider themes is plain dumb. The only way to make him not look like a paradoxical idiot genius and give him web shooter is making them organic.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?
>>
>>78178806
It doesn't matter that he could have gotten those powers through other means. Because the fact of the matter is it was a spider that bit him. Thus he made webshooters to match the theme.

Holy shit how is this so difficult for you to grasp.
>>
>>78177258
Is spidey saying Banzai in that first panel?
>>
>>78175086
She said that?
I would of loved that
>>
>>78178808
>It completely breaks immersion for him to be a super-genius who just randomly invents a god-tier polymer.
It's easy to make a web-like adhesive that dissolves after an hour or so, he'd just have to make it strong and durable and add a few other traits here and there. Which is hard to do, but not outside of realism for a smart kid in Marvel
>>
>>78177750
Speaking of assumptions; do the citizens of Marvel just assume that Spider-man is an X-gene mutant? Is he ever on the receiving end of mutie hate?
>>
>>78178559

Big Glue doesn't think that way. Big Glue is short-sighted.
>>
>>78178915
I think Peter explained once the X-men are hated not because they are mutants, but because they are assholes. So I guess than he satay away from a X-men uniform the only hate he gets is from people who read JJ's newspaper.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.