[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BATMAN v SUPERMAN Production Designer Teases "Larger Threat"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10
File: poetry.png (688 KB, 854x710) Image search: [Google]
poetry.png
688 KB, 854x710
>"We are able to tell a story in a fresh way," Tatopoulos explains. "Doomsday is an evolution essentially. Fans may be aware of the death of Superman story, but this is handled in such a new way.

> "When the film is called Batman v or versus Superman, it really has a lot of levels to the meaning. Superman isn't just killed off at the end of something. We see how he evolves as part of Lex's plan to protect the world. Seeing the Superman we know, be gone, and then replaced with this reproduction is really going to make fans think of how we look at these super beings. It was especially interesting to figure out, how would you create Superman from Zod... then how would that involve into Doomsday." Here's where things get even more interesting though. Tatopoulos went on to tease that there's a "larger threat" at play, while the "timeframe of how things fall into place will surprise fans".

>"Doomsday isn't just the final act."

>"Those feeling they may know too much this early, are going to be in for a true surprise.

"THEY SHOT TO MUCH"fags BTFO
>>
File: really.jpg (110 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
110 KB, 500x375
Their gonna blow their darkseid load on the first JLA movie
>>
>>78172223

Darkseid probably...

But Brainiac please.
>>
>>78172250
I still think Brainiac would be a bad idea because it would undermine the whole point that Superman's not a threat if his presence on Earth causes back to back alien invasions.
>>
Just do a Legion of Doom movie, please. I want to see a super villain team so bad
>>
>>78172311
Not this early. Maybe in JL2
>>
>>78172223

It's a typo, but I agree. They didn't show too much. They SHOT too much and the movie will be an overcrowded clusterfuck.
>>
Guy who saw uncut version here, the surprise is:
>Lex fails
>a face and voice we all know and love comes out
>you-had-one-job-speech
>Lex Luthor Sr. comes out in a power suit to hide his sons embarrassment by defeating the super dweebs
>>
>>78172412
>Implying Zuckerberg isn't GOAT
>>
>>78172412
Is this before or after he forces Lex jr. to eat 40 cakes?
>>
>>78172472
>>
The fact that they actually went with doomsday shows they don't really give a shit about anything and went for the mass-appeal garbage for the primary threat. Who the fuck LIKES doomsday? He serves a single purpose in any story, and removing that just turns him into grey hulk with zero interesting qualities. I mean, fuck. I guarantee metallo or brainiac or anything else were vetoed on the grounds their names were silly, or weren't recognizable on visual appearance.
>>
>>78172249
So?
>>
>>78172249

Just because Marvel is using their Darkseid knockoff for the final act doesn't mean DC have to. There's plenty of interesting stuff they can use
>>
>>78172524

>The fact that they actually went with doomsday shows they don't really give a shit about anything and went for the mass-appeal garbage for the primary threat.

I'm getting really sick of seeing this fucking garbage opinion. Nobody bitched when Spider-man used Green Goblin as the first villain, Thor using Loki or Cap using Red Skull and they are far and away the biggest villians of those heroes.
>>
>>78172524
>Who the fuck LIKES doomsday?
Not disagreeing with you, but nobody (except committed comic fans) really knew most of the villains we've seen so far, especially Marvel's - Stane, Blonsky, Hammer, Vanko, Killian, Ronan, Cross. Maybe even Ra's al Ghul.
>>
>>78172412
Idris Elba, right?
>>
>>78172524
Doomsday is the ultimate punching bag, he's literally perfect for the trinity battle. Superman doesn't have to die just because Doomsday is involved, especially since Superman doesn't actually even die in the original story.
>>
>>78172524
doomsday was literally defeated by clark at the end of the first arc he was fucking featured in. he's always been an apparently insurmountable obstacle for clark to really struggle to overcome. what better way to show that than by having doomsday's origin directly tie in to clark's initial shortcomings in man of steel?
>>
>>78172223
So Doomsday dies, then the real threat is revealed.

Revived, upgraded Doomsday for Justice League?
>>
File: 1446780948991.jpg (98 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1446780948991.jpg
98 KB, 640x426
>talking about revolutionary this "bold new direction" is

OH BOY, HERE WE GO!
>>
>>78172549
He is more of repurposed and improved character. Like batman is to the shadow.
>>
>>78172789
>improved

HA!
>>
>Batman vs Supes
>Introducing WW and aquaman
>Exploring the conflict with Lex
>Doomsday isn't the final act
SPIDERMAN 3 ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
>>78172677

But he's just that. An obstacle, not really a character. And moreso if they want to tie him heavily to Clark, it really should be something he handles and overcomes on his own. But it's already sort of retreading ground in the same way brainiac would be- zod was the shadow from his past obstacle to his character, any revisiting that seems like a stupid fucking idea because it'll be the same show and dance except now batman and Wonder Woman are there to use the power of friendship on it. What I really wanted from this movie was to defy fucking expectations. Actually have it be goddamn batman versus Clark, a battle of ideologies strung along and escalated by Luthor Jr. But no, big punch fight grey hulk guy brown washes for all.

This goddamn trailer killed my optimism, which was cautious but present till this point.
>>
>>78172879

Literally less bloated than Civil War
>>
>>78172879
>introducing Falcon
>Batroc, Zola, Winter Soldier, HYDRA, Alexander Pierce, Crossbones for villains
>Cap vs Winter Soldier
>HYDRA vs SHIELD
Holy shit, too many plots and characters. Clearly Cap 2 was the worst superhero movie ever.
>>
>>78172524
There's already a villain in this film, anon. With Brainiac involved, the film really would be too crowded, and Metallo is better suited to a solo film.

Anyway, it seems like Doomsday is a combination of Bizarro and Doomsday here.
>>
>>78172997
Maybe they defeat Bizarro first and Doomsday second?
>>
>>78172223
HYPE
>>
>>78172249
>Justice League only has one villain
Full retard
>>
>>78173299
Darkseid with army is enough
>>
>>78172249
As it should be!

Always make the best possible movie.
Dont save your biggest load for the future, you may never get another shot.
>>
>>78172827
Kill yourself
>>
>>78172827
I'm sorry, I've never seen doomsday as anything other than someone who challenges superman for 30 seconds and is then defeated utterly
>>
Zod turns to Bizarro turns to Doomsday turns to Darkseid
>>
Maybe Mongol will show up with War World at the end and set up a sequel while also introducing the idea of other intergalatic characters.

I know it won't happen, but I can hope.
>>
introduce the LoSH!

shit gets real
>>
>>78172223
>BWAH NOW THEY SPOILED THAT THERE'S GONNA BE A SURPRISE!
>I'M NOT GONNA BE AS SURPRISED

Has this ever really happened? I remember hearing about the Mandarin having a huge secret in IM3 and I was still pretty surprised with the fakeout they did. I guess the Unexpected Hanging Paradox just isn't true for most people.
>>
>>78172995
>Sidekick
>Intro villain, Same Friend except HYDRA, HYDRA, and HYDRA
>Hero we already know fights HYDRA again
>HYDRA we've seen vs. SHIELD we've seen

vs.

>New version of Batman w. New version of Alfred (New already dead version of Robin hinted)
>New version of Lex Luthor
>First feature-film Wonder Woman, First feature film Aquaman, and First Feature Film Flash
>Doomsday mutated out of an existing character

Which is what's really important, how many new elements need to be added. Probably a closer match would be BvS to Age of Ultron, which similarly tried to introduce several completely new villains and team members, and struggled to keep a single story together.
>>
>>78174036
MCUck pls kill yourself
>>
File: fuck that.png (70 KB, 473x466) Image search: [Google]
fuck that.png
70 KB, 473x466
>>78174036
>people still think Arthur and Barry are going to be anything more than cameos
>people still can't make the connection that Doomsday is just Lex's grunt
>people think Alfred is going to be any more important than Falcon was in Cap 2
>>
File: 1429889343831.png (129 KB, 426x440) Image search: [Google]
1429889343831.png
129 KB, 426x440
>>78174056
I'm perfectly willing to admit there are bad movies in the MCU.

That's why I compared BvS to one.
>>
File: lol.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>78174168
>admit there are bad movies in the MCU.
all of them. Yes you are right!
>>
>>78172276
Could work if Brainiac's arrival had nothing at all to do with Superman's presence.

Though I doubt its brainiac, and desu I hope its just shadowy implications of Darkseid from Wonder Woman. An actual Villain will just make it a clusterfuck.

Doomsday is fine because he is just going to be a weapon for lex, rather than a villain in his own right.
>>
>>78174265
You sound scared.
>>
>>78172879
>spider-man 3

No sorry, the Sam Raimi movies were bad because they were bad camp horse shit, not because "LOL 2 MANY CHARACTERS"

Batman Returns had just as many characters and it didn't suffer from that shit, it's not hard to do
>>
>>78174838
Not really
>>
>>78173844
It's about Darkseid.
>>
>>78174861
I don't know, trying to latch onto one thing I said, turning your own aggression in earlier posts into mockery with your own reaction image in response to mine, and avoiding talking about the actual upcoming DC movie; It all seems like someone who's trying to hide fear about a movie he wants to be good not actually being good.
>>
>>78174895
Just kill yourself anon. Stop thinking
>>
File: shhh.jpg (76 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
shhh.jpg
76 KB, 620x620
>>78174962
Ouch. Guess I hit a raw nerve there, son. It's okay to be scared though. The movie might be bad, it might be good. Either way, you know we're gonna have fun with it here (probably more if it's bad). So really, there's no reason to get hostile about what's ultimately just a movie.
>>
>>78175007
Stop bullying him, he might cry.
>>
File: Brainiac.jpg (128 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Brainiac.jpg
128 KB, 1200x600
>>78172223

We all knew that.
>>
>>78172412
Nice try, but Gene Hackman is retired and nobody liked Kevin Spacey.
>>
>>78172762
They're desperate to hype it.

This isn't just the future of the DCEU resting on this one movie, Warners have made some serious losses on big-budget movies in the past year or so. They need a big win. The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Pan, Jupiter Ascending and now even Ron Howard's In the Heart of the Sea are huge flops.

Basically... if they don't break a trillion on this WB is over.
>>
>>78175771
Nah.
JL-1 Brainiac
JL- 2 Darkseid
>>
>>78172249
>>78173299
>>78173538

They can use Vandal Savage, Legion of Doom, Amanda Waller, Ra's, & Brainiac. Fuck Darkseid
>>
>>78175971
>They can use Vandal Savage
No they can't or won't coz teenegers drama on CW
>Ra's
No way. After nolan and cw shits on him
>>
>>78172223
>We are able to tell a story in a fresh way
[Worries internally]
>Fans may be aware of the death of Superman story, but this is handled in such a new way.
[Worrying intensifies]
>Tatopoulos went on to tease that there's a "larger threat" at play
[Worrying externally]
>>
File: 1447775812669.jpg (36 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1447775812669.jpg
36 KB, 500x494
>>78176032
>>
>>78176012
>But CW!
Deadshot is now Will Smith. Amanda Waller isn't the skinny bitch from Arrow, & just like Ezra Miller playing Flash for the movies instead of Grant Gustin. They can cast whoever, CW or Nolan be damned.
>>
>>78176068
You miss the point.
>>
>>78176090
the point was "muh syngery" which hasn't exactly stopped them casting whomever the fuck they want.
>>
>>78172524

>implying your opinion counts

people like you are truly pathetic
>>
It actually got worse. Putting not only Doomsday, but also Bizarro and maybe Darkseid in it actually makes me even more worried about this shit than I was after the trailer.
>>
>>78176168

>bizarro is only a middle stage of doomsday
>darkseid gets mentioned at best

how the fuck is this bad?
>>
>>78172637
Top kek, though i´d love Elba to portray Darkseid
>>
Between Apocalypse and Thanos, I'm all chinned out.

If they were smart, they'd do Starro or something.
>>
>people give you shit for revealing too much in your trailer
>you know they're wrong
>you know you have another surprise in store
>tell the whole world that the guys claiming you've revealed too much are wrong
>do so by revealing the last surprise you had on you
lol
>>
>>78172276
So this movie is gonna have introduction of Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Cyborg, Aquaman, possibly The Flash, Doomsday, and now maybe Brainiac or Darkseid. Jesus.
>>
File: 1boaF8.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1boaF8.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>78174115
>>
>superman
>batman
>luthor
>wonder woman
>aquaman
>doomsday
>flash
>cyborg
>bizarro
>totally-not-darkseird larger threat
>all crammed into one movie

I like all of these happening but even as someone who didn't mind Spider-Man 3 and ASM 2 this movie seems super crammed.
>>
>>78179404
I really do hope OP leaker is right
>Superman
>Batman
^ get the most focus obv
>Wonder Woman (as relevant as Black Widow)
>Aquaman (cameo)
>Flash (glorified slowmo cameo)
>Cyborg (ending montage cameo)
>Zod's corpse digivolves to..
>Bizarro digivolves to..
>Doomsday
>Darkseid tease (Wondie reconnaissance)
>>
They're talking about Green Lantern crashing and warning them of Darkseid right
>>
>Batman and Superman
>Lex Luthor
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>Justice League
>Possible Darkseid/Braniac/Bizarro

It's like they never learn. Every time they try to shove too much shit into these movies they always fail.
>>
>>78176042
The guy hanging himself should be in the top left, the guy with the gun should be in the top right, the chick taking pills should be in the bottom left, and the guy cutting his wrist should be in the bottom right.
>>
>>78179232
Star Wars did even more.
>>
>>78175849
What about Rosenbaum, he can get aged up.
>>
>>78176186
Because it wastes three characters all at once.
>>
>>78181751
>mentioning Darkside is wasting him
>"Wasting" a gimmick character and a non-character
Your argument is shit.
>>
>>78176032
>Expecting a live action adaptation of a comic book when it's literally never happened

Your first worrying was completely retarded.
>>
>>78172223
I'd like to see a super powerful and imaginative Sinestro that a Green Lamtern-less Justice League would have to deal with in a movie, but I doubt it will ever happen.
>>
>>78172524
>mass-appeal garbage
You tripped over yourself so hard you landed face-first into your own shitty opinion. Get bent.
>>
>>78172636
>>78175971
>We could have a live-action Ra's al Ghul that's actually true to the comics with no utterly bizarre, nonsensical changes
>We could have Tower of Fucking Babel
Stop giving me hope, guys!
>>
>>78182235
>Darkside [sic]
>gimmick character and a non-character
You wanna know how I know you're full of shit?
>>
>>78172223
>BATMAN v SUPERMAN Production Designer Teases "Larger Threat" Beyond 'Doomsday'
How much more shit can they stuff into this movie
>>
>"People still don't have confidence in our movie after the trailer!|

>"QUICK! STUFF MORE HEROES AND VILLAINS INTO THE FILM!!"
>>
>>78172223
Again, this topic?
>>
So, in a revelation that isn't shocking considering there was never a source of the actual interview ... Premiere said this interview is fake.

It never took place, but enough people bought it that it gained traction.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.