[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KND
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
Who else here thinks this is one of the best cartoons of all time?
>>
>>78171755
definitely up there
>>
>>78171755
>most mediocre

The intricacies of the inner workings of the KND didn't make up for the god awful animation and toilet humor.
>>
It's high up there for me.
I can't fucking believe the way they were able to craft such a comprehensive and consistent world, Warburton did his homework. Loved this show.

Really gave me a fetish for redshirt good guys too, always enjoyed episodes where other KNS sectors came in to help.
>>
>>78171786
>comprehensive and consistent world
Growing up, I believe this show was the first cartoon I have ever seen which had some sense of continuity to it. Growing up, it was amazing to remember how episodes beforehand play a role in the current episode. You don't really see that in like Dexter's lab or PPG.
>>
i only watched it a couple times so at first I thought the Japanese chick was just retarded
>>
The premise is a bit too edgy, but they had a couple episodes addressing that.
>>
It was great, especially all the two part episodes and specials, really good world.
>>
>>78171782
This. I still liked it anyways, but the show isn't top tier in anything beyond l well adapted satire.

>>78171786
>able to craft a comprehensive and consistent world

They literally just knocked off a bunch of lore from other media and lazily fitted it all together...

Like their 2x4 technology.

>pottery
>>
The world building was fucking amazing.
It was like justice league for kids
>>
Maybe I remember wrong, but the final season went 0-100 in terms of seriousness and plot twists, I loved it
>>
>>78172019
Yeah but they made it all have a really consistent them, fitting it all inside the 'kids vs adults' thing.

What I felt made it work is that they covered so many aspect of that setting, things like the teenagers, the expansion of the KND, the different villains that existed, the interworkings of the organization like how they had a science branch and bike branch and stuff.

They referenced shit like every episode (there were 4 Star Wars parodies or something like that) but they didn't rip shit off wholesale to build the show around. It was just kids fighting adults played up to extreme lengths and they went from there.
>>
>>78171755
It was good because you can feel how much love was put in it. A lot of new cartoons lack this kind of power.
>>
File: invisibles.png (441 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
invisibles.png
441 KB, 500x599
>>78171755
>>78171762

Yeah I haven't watched all of it but it's one of those "this looks stupid but turns out to be awesome" things for me.

Also does anyone else think the KND represent/look like the Invisibles?
>>
>>78172083

When you watch it as an adult it makes you nostalgic too. I wish the writers would of gone a little deeper there, just for the odd adult/parent watching.
>>
>>78172189
Mind!
Blown!
>>
>>78172189
Close, but no Japanese girl & fat guy.
>>
>>78172408
but there is a bimbo and some strange creature with too wide face
>>
It had some high highs but many low lows.

I hated how some episodes were just straight up rip offs
>>
>>78171755
Not even close. It was great, yes, but nowhere near the top.
>>
>>78171755
I liked how it was one of the shows where the heroes would lose every now and again, to show that they were flawed.
>>
Humour wasn't the best, animation was fine, endearing characters

It's best aspect is that it's fun as fuck, even now it's still comfy to me. Villain of the week stuff was pretty meh but still watchable, the two parters and the stuff delving into the lore and their personal lives was really good.
>>
>>78173705
To answer the question though because I just realized I didn't the first time, no, it's not one of the best. It's one of the best for it's time, but overall it's not making a top 10 or 20. Might make top 30.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.