[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions that don't need their own thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (213 KB, 639x971) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
213 KB, 639x971
Shouldn't black superman be stronger than white superman since black skin absorbs more sun?
>>
Why do people like Tim if he's a Mary Sue

Is hal Jordan cool or an asshole
>>
No. Melanin absorbs sunlight, keeping it out of cells. Cells absorbing sunlight is how Kryptonians are powered. If they had melanin, the dye would prevent the sun energy from reaching the cells to some extent.
>>
>>78154084

They don't absorb it and make it disappear, the energy from the photons is just turned into heat energy. If that form of electromagnetic energy isn't usable by whatever biological pathway the cells use to absorb energy from the sunlight, then you still have the same problem.
>>
File: 130083008962.jpg (16 KB, 250x304) Image search: [Google]
130083008962.jpg
16 KB, 250x304
Dude got huge chains holding his S like some kind of car plate edge bling.
>>
>>78154084
But if Superman doesn't have melanin shouldn't he be an albino?
>>
>>78154022
>Is hal Jordan cool or an asshole

Yes.

>>78154084
I doubt it would produce a noticeable difference.
>>
>>78153947
Kryptonians absorb "yellow sun radiation".
A lot of writers and artist just assume light is the source or take liberties for symbolic reasons.
>>
>>78153947
Yes

Black superman should be 40%stronger

>>78154210well yea is sunlight, thats the difference between red suns and our sun

Color=energy frequency
thats basic electromagetic spectrum

You are trying really hard to discount him
>>
>>78154022
>Is hal Jordan cool or an asshole
both
who even like tim
>>
>>78154377
>who even like tim
I thought the initial Red Robin stuff was sort of interesting due to Kingdom Come implications, in retrospect it was sort of just hamfisted in a lot of ways.
>>
Has anyone made a Kryptonite machine gun to kill Superman?
Is Captain America's Shield stronger than Wolverine's claws?
Is the Venom symbiote just as attracted to Peter's clones as it is Peter?
>>
>>78154733

>Is Captain America's Shield stronger than Wolverine's claws?

Yes. Adamantium is a synthetic knock off made in an attempt to reproduce the vibranium-steel alloy that caps shield is made of.
>>
>>78153947

Shouldn't he [insert certain something racist here] because he's black?

>>78154084

Huh. That's interesting to think about. Technically they shouldn't be black at all. That's funny to think about it.
>>
>>78154022
Tim didn't used to be a Mary Sue. And even nowadays you could say his major character flaws are that he's a mostly humorless jerk.

The Red Robin series pushed his competence up to 11, but in general it was the direction his character most needed to take
>>
>>78154733
>Is Captain America's Shield stronger than Wolverine's claws?
yes. cool video I was watching on the topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvr8ogIwudM
>>
Where do all of those superhero outfits come from? I don't just mean the ones that are bulletproof either. Even lower level heroes like Black Canary or Spider-Man whose outfits tear frequently seem to have an infinite supply of good costumes.

Does everyone make their own? Is super sewing a secondary power for everyone?
>>
>>78155660

Black Canary's outfits specifically aren't that complicated or unique to make. Spidey is a scientist and has friends in high places like Richards who can hook him up with shit to make indestructible costumes.

Ultimately though this is a "who pumps the tires on the Batmobile" question.
>>
File: hulkwarbound.jpg (68 KB, 640x436) Image search: [Google]
hulkwarbound.jpg
68 KB, 640x436
what ever happened to hulk's war bound after world war hulk? I know that they ran off into the sewers of new York but I have no clue what happened afterwards.
>>
>>78157173
Didn't it get retconned
>>
Is Black Superman naturally faster and more athletic than White/Jewish Superman too?
>>
>>78155660
Marvel has tailor who specializes in making costumes.
>>
>>78154733

Yes, to varying degrees of success.

He can still hear you loading the gun, see you coming and dodge at the last second.

Yes. As stated, adamantiun is an attempt at recreating the alloy that makes up caps shield. It falls short.

It wanted his clone yes, but recognized its not the Parker he wants.
>>
>>78154210

>Yellow sun radiation

You mean sunlight?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.