[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>78143905 Why is it that the mayor hasn't reported
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 138
File: 1252095634523228739.jpg (110 KB, 759x481) Image search: [Google]
1252095634523228739.jpg
110 KB, 759x481
>>78143905
Why is it that the mayor hasn't reported anything to the government about them?
Why aren't they treated as outcast like mutants?
And why is it that everyone on this show is soo nice that its fake?
(Huge fan of the show BTW)
>>
>>78151700
Because the mayor wants to pork Pearl.
>>
>>78151700
Because you FUCKED UP and made a new thread instead of responding to the existing one
>>
>>78151700
tourism money
women
>>
>>78151733
No I actually wanted to make a new one
>>
>>78151700
The gems were there long before the humans. Everyone's parents knows the gems exist. Everyone's grandparents knows the gems exist.
The gems have been their reclusive guardians since the humans arrived here and live in a giant woman shaped temple on the east side of Beach City.
>>
>>78151700
Alternate history. Gems have been around since before the nation was founded. They wouldn't be treated as unnatural.
>>
There's little to no proof that the beach and surrounding areas that humans inhabit (what few there are) isn't all that's left. It could even be Rose's doing, with her room able to make a town very similar.

The few times they do leave the city they never meet anyone new.
>>
>>78151700
1-2. Mass "hypnosis". Every human in town is in alterted, suggestible state of mind (drugs in the water supply or sound/emp mind altering produced by an ancient alien military machine).
3. Gems are genderless cyborgs, people are on drugs.
>>
>>78152546
>1-2. Mass "hypnosis". Every human in town is in alterted, suggestible state of mind (drugs in the water supply or sound/emp mind altering produced by an ancient alien military machine).
This is my theory as well. Either some sort of hypnosis field from the temple or mass-genetic engineering of early earth organisms.
>>
>>78151700
i have the theory that both the goverment and the mayor know about the gems and are triying to cover up their nature to stop people from panicking
>>
>>78151700

The gems have been there longer than humans have. It's not like the lesbian alien space rocks beamed down one day, it's that there's no point in history where they WEREN'T there. People are used to them.
>>
>>78153777
I thought everyone in beach city tries to keep this secret from the world but to think they would since before
>>
File: One_Dollar_Bill.png (489 KB, 5400x2264) Image search: [Google]
One_Dollar_Bill.png
489 KB, 5400x2264
>>78153309
Government is literally run by the great diamond authority. Also sneeple.
>>
>>78154323
Dont forget that Pearl is on the quarter!
>>
>>78152412
This would be a stunning twist that would make my balls drop and my eyes bulge right out of their sockets.

Wait, what about the Keystone Motel?
>>
>>78152412
Greg met an internet man, there was also the waitress.
>>
>>78154413
Not to mention Empire City and Ocean Town

Don't forget On the Run, where Amethyst and Steven took a train to the Kindergarten
There wouldn't be trains if there weren't multiple cities to run between.

Plus Connie is definitely from out of town (so is Greg). Her dad works at multiple beaches and their home is far away enough that Greg and Steven nearly died driving her there in a snowstorm.

Plus the fact that there's a television industry, movie industry, book industry, game industry, and a headquarters for the Big Donut implies that there's more society out there.
>>
File: steven universe.jpg (66 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
steven universe.jpg
66 KB, 380x380
>>78152412
>Keystone Motel
>>
the government was destroyed long ago. it's all selfsufficient communities that don't want to think too much about the war
>>
>>78151700
>the government
What government?

You're assuming that the US of the Universe is identical to ours. But a lot of things aren't like our world, starting with the continents.

From the show, we can also tell that humanity is far less widespread than in our world. Which makes sense, since there are so many gem remnants in the world that have proven to be hazardous to humans. So humanity sticks with small, scattered settlements which are locally governed. Because of its low decentralized population, it never faced the problems in industrialization, and the urbanization that came with it, which means that it never faced anything like the Great Depression, which led to the New Deal that gave rise to the federal government as we know it today. And it's that modern federal government that our US knows today that has the economies of scale that allows it to have the big federal agencies like the FBI or the CIA to which the mayor would have to report them. Since they do not exist, there's nobody to report to. Even at state-level, because there is such a small human population, there's not enough GNP to fund a proper state goverment bureacracy. Which means that Mayor Dewey s the highest govermental authority.

TL;DR: Because of all the gem dangers, humanity only has a small presence, with no government to speak of, leaving Dewey in charge.
>>
>>78154594
And Rose has that big penny that reads "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" on it.
>>
File: ALIUMMENACE.png (53 KB, 850x597) Image search: [Google]
ALIUMMENACE.png
53 KB, 850x597
>>78151700
>Why aren't they treated as outcast like mutants?

seriously, how do people not notice the uncanny valley looking witches that live in the cliff side?
>>
>>78154687
Alternate earth, gen stuff is just part of daily life to them so they don't see it as weird.

Ronaldo kind of touched on this in Rising Tides Crashing Skies, the townspeople seem to think the good they do outweighs the bad
>>
>>78154357
she is?
>>
>>78154657

And, I guess more pertinently, their current money does too: >>78154323
>>
>>78154640
But what about ronaldos blog surely that has got peoples attention
>>
>>78155991
Ronaldo's video documentary only got a single view (Steven and the gems) after which it was deleted for "copyright infringement". It's obvious the man is burying his findings.
>>
>>78155991
Like all the crackpot conspiracy blogs get attention irl? Ronaldo's just dismissed as a loon
>>
>>78151700
Remember how Mayor Dewey reacted when Ronaldo asked him about the crystal gems?
There probably is some kind of conspiracy about keeping people from talking about them if only because if the population of beach city thought about them regularly they would move someplace else.
>>
>>78151700
Gems and the existence of magic in the world is just a fact of life for them. It's like pokemon The Sun rises, grass is green and three god beast control our weather. Big whoop
>>
File: tumblr_lhkjzy7or31qdjoqfo1_500.jpg (32 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lhkjzy7or31qdjoqfo1_500.jpg
32 KB, 500x369
>>78156762
>steven universe
>its like pokemon
No
>>
>>78151700
Gem have been there since the dawn of humanity.

them and the monsters they fight are considered as normal things of reality.
>>
>>78154357
Source?
>>
>>78151700
>Why is it that the mayor hasn't reported anything to the government about them?

This isn't normal Earth in our timeline. In many scenes, we've seen that the planet is different. America lacks a Florida. Several states don't exist or have different names and some are entirely new.

There's also a different history, with the humans being well aware that Gems were present when their city was founded- which appears to have happened a century or two after actual English colonization of the east coast.

People are just used to them by now.
>>
File: haruhi sad.png (189 KB, 482x441) Image search: [Google]
haruhi sad.png
189 KB, 482x441
>>78155991
>>78156338
>>78156374

>tfw you actually like Ronaldo as a character.
>>
File: 0.jpg (62 KB, 599x577) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
62 KB, 599x577
Haven't the writers confirmed that WW I didn't happens.

Yet Japan still ended up producing videogames console. I am not sure I can reconcile the two notions.
>>
>>78157245
japan never probably got to be an isolated island state because of gem shittery so they got hit by the globalization?
>>
Because it's a cartoon. I know, it's a lame answer.

But even if the inhabitants of Beach City are used to seeing gems they'd still notice that there are no gems anywhere else. Also why aren't scientists from all over the world trying to figure out how this "magic" of theirs works?
>>
>>78157371
>Also why aren't scientists from all over the world trying to figure out how this "magic" of theirs works?

Because a long time ago, they tried doing that, and the Garnet were all like. "No. Stop it."

And they stopped.
>>
>>78157371
>future episode where the crystal gems locate a gem in some remote abandoned government facility
>turns out the gem was a test subject in some really ethically questionable stuff and as a result has become an abomination
>gems have to fight off some area 51 cronenberg gem thing
>>
>>78157371
The thing you have to accept that it's a cartoon is that even if it(s considered a normal thing, it would still be the center of attraction of the world:

Pyramid and old ruin and any landmark of our history have always attracted tons of tourists, historians and scientists. because men have always craved for trace of their past.

So, living sentient beings, that have marked our 6000 thousands years of history. there would constantly be archaeologists trying to get a word out of the gems and all the tourists coming to take pictures of the 6000 years old temple like they would for the Great China Wall. Garnet would be on constant duties to keep them away.

It's just a cartoon is the explanation we have to accept for this not happening.
>>
>>78157481

...That was an actual episode.
>>
>>78157553
The experiment was made by Gem word, though, not by humans.
>>
>>78157521
>Pyramid and old ruin and any landmark of our history have always attracted tons of tourists, historians and scientists. because men have always craved for trace of their past.

A large part of that is because people PROMOTE tourism.

Before the Egyptian craze of the 1800's, the Pyrmaids were not a big tourist spot. They didn't attract a ton of historians and scientists.

People were interested in the Egyptian region, but for different reasons.
>>
>>78157481
>already done
>not wanting the government to have a successful synthetic half-gem(s)
>new recurring antagonist(s)
>Trans-gems are the bad guys
>>
>>78157410
Just like how A. Nobel stopped trying when his brother and five other guys died while making explosives, right?

People are more persistent than you might think.
>>
>>78157648
>Before the Egyptian craze of the 1800's, the Pyrmaids were not a big tourist spot
Because most couldn't afford the trip. yet book with illustrations of pyramid and egyptians mysteries were always a good read.

Tourism bloomed becuase people could finally afford to travel in different country.

People naturally crave for learning about former or different culture. Tourism don't need to be promoted, it's an immediate consequence of people getting the ability to travel for cheap.

Promotion exist because Travel agency fight for each other to convince people what is the best place to visit. The world is vast and there is tons of stuff to see.
>>
>>78157180
Ronaldo fans represent
>>
>>78157521
My theory is that Gem tech radiates some sort of idiot waves to just make humans oblivious about them and go away.
I mean i colonize a planet but don't want to be bothered constantly killing natives which comming to close i just but up an (in this case mental) barrier.
That might even explain why Connies mom thought that abomination was just a patient.
>>
>>78157648
Well, people couldn't really travel all that much simply for pleasure before the 1800's.
>>
>>78157730
>Just like how A. Nobel stopped trying when his brother and five other guys died while making explosives, right?

Nobody told him to stop it. And the Gems have been around longer than humanity. This agreement isn't some new thing. It's existed since at least as long as the colony was founded.

They just don't bother showing the couple hundred years of issues the Gems had telling people to go away until people finally stopped for the most part and no serious incident have happened in the year or two we've seen in the show.
>>
>>78157797
This is now my head-canon.
>>
>>78157717
>Trans gems are ex-crystal gems
>Hate humans for using them as guinea pigs and turning them into abominations
>Hate homeworld for obvious reasons
>A rogue group mainly focused on exterminating humanity but preserving all other life on earth
>>
>>78157797
Another reason might just be that real life pyramids dont have actual functional deathtraps.
Maybe at some point in time some tomb raiders tried to loot the ancient gem structures but died/got mauled in the process and now nobody wants to go even near them.
Because of similiar reasons people might have learned not to fuck with gem relics as they are prone to fuck up anyone not used to handling them and also maybe because there still exists a gem rebel cell on earth that will come and fuck your shit up tenfold if you mess with gem stuff. The crystal gems when Rose was still around could've easily taken an army on with Roses shield just tanking all the damage, Amys whip and Pearls sword seemingly being able to cut through anything and Garnet just generally smashing shit. Not to even mention the inhuman strength and damage resistance gems seem to have, Rolando about broke his arm when he hit pearl in the palm of her hand.
>>
File: 0.jpg (249 KB, 1280x862) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
249 KB, 1280x862
>>78158056
Fun thing about the show, when I started watching it, I thought each pad lead to a different planet.

It was weird to realize that zll those weird place actually were located on earth.
>>
>>78158056
you are completely ignoring how humans are oblivious to the gems, the gem mutants, and literal monster debris all over their towns

The fucking Pizzas didn't know who the Gems where, and then helped fight a giant blow-fish monster, and then didn't even react to it

"Keep beach city weird" guy is the only one who even reacts and that's only because hes a conspiracy nut

Humans can't avoid these because these come to them, and not the other way around
>>
Has Go eat a towel met some RL problems, he hasn't even finished compiling the already existing live reaction to all the aired episodes, yet he seems just as in hiatus as the show, with only the preview of V0.6 part 2 of the /sug/ similator up.
>>
>>78157648
Most common people traveled before +- 1920 not much more in their life than a couple of villages from their own village away.
Even in cities people barely left their own neighbourhood.
>>
>>78151700
Why is it that the mayor hasn't reported anything to the government about them?

Ofcourse the government knows about them
That's why Dewey is still mayor (and nobody competes against him).
He's so incompetent that if something bad happens to him, he can be missed.

Maybe there's some James Bond in the city where Connie lives, who keeps an eye out.
>>
>>78151718
/thread
>>
>>78151700
Why does everybody forget about these guys? And this moment:

>Ronaldo: Mayor Dewey, who do you think saved Beach City from the handcraft?
>Mayor Dewey: Why, young man, I credit the voters with saving Beach City! My constituents know they've elected a mayor they can trust to—
>Ronaldo: Huh? No, I'm talking about the Crystal Gems.
>Mayor Dewey: Heh, w-why?
>Ronaldo: Well I'm covering the story—
>Mayor Dewey: Cover-up? WHAT COVER UP?!
>Ronaldo: But—
>Mayor Dewey: SECURITY!

Seems pretty obvious that there is some kind of government cover up.
>>
File: Mayor dewey's bodyguards.png (54 KB, 256x282) Image search: [Google]
Mayor dewey's bodyguards.png
54 KB, 256x282
>>78161181
Forgot my image.
>>
>>78154640
There's printed currency and the arcade machines in the episode where Garnet's third eye is revealed have one of those goofy "winners don't do drugs" that shows the seal of a "Depart of Justice Federal Bureau"

Nigga what kind of shit are you even saying. Some state names seem to be different and history is clearly altered, but you're reaching so goddamn hard.

There's HUGE amounts of uninhabited, isolated land in our today's world. Unless you can cough up genuine evidence that there's only a very small number of people on Earth, get out of here.
>>
>>78161598
>>78161598
And what's more, innovations like the internet were created as the result of huge government projects, not the shit tiny hamlets in the middle of a gem-created deathzone would accomplish.

Doesn't seem like the setting in which touring rockstar types could even begin to thrive either.
>>
>>78151700

Because Sugar wanted to focus on something else than social acceptance, like magical girl shows do all the time.

Look at Star vs. The forces of evil : the creator wanted a show where the princess wouldn't have to hide her magic because that theme is old and dead.

The result is a lighthearted show, set in a comical town where nobody cares aka the USA.
>>
>>78151700
Hey lorefag, you realize that the creators made a character based on you and he's a fat fedora autist
>>
>>78162315
This desu baka senpai. Cartoon creators nowadays are tired of continually trumping the suspension of disbelief card. They want their created worlds to be self-sustained, rather than take from ours.
>>
File: ronaldo can't get a date.png (115 KB, 304x384) Image search: [Google]
ronaldo can't get a date.png
115 KB, 304x384
>>78151700
Because they literally helped make the government.

The Gems have been there LONG before humans were, and unlike the native americans, they weren't going to be fucked over by the people coming to their land.

The fact is, they warned them when they showed up (the play about William Dewey) and since then they've just kept monsters off the humans' asses so they could continue to live peacefully.

It's so engrained that it's just a part of growing up. You just come to accept the magical god creatures down the way that deal with magic shit WAY out of your league of understanding. They're like forces of nature.

Ronaldo's just a giant manchild that never grew up and got over the fascination with these beings.
>>
File: 1434372565703.png (476 KB, 861x728) Image search: [Google]
1434372565703.png
476 KB, 861x728
>>78157180
My nigga
Ronaldo is that type of character whos so obnoxious its funny, people take him waaaay too seriously
>>
>>78162939
How regularly does he post on /r9k/?
>>
>>78154687
What part of "Never not been here" do you not get?
>>
>>78165574
i think what makes ronaldo so funny, at least to me personally, is that i "get" the joke
he is clearly a parody of the typical 4chan poster, or at least the conspiratorial aspect of a 4chan poster, how here everything is the blame of the jews/reddit/tumblr/sjw/etc. wether its intentional or not i dont know, but the point is that i am personally used to dealing with people like him online on a daily basis so i can stomach his idiosyncracies and apreciate his humor.

i doubt i could stand ronaldo if i wasnt used to be with people like him here
>>
>>78152412
Maybe if there was even a single farm I could believe that.
>>
>>78162939
Honestly I don't think Ronaldo knew that they were aliens until the documentary where he learned the hand ship was meant for them. In keep each city weird Ronaldo became depressed because he realized that Steven and the gems were the cause for all the weird stuff in town who were still considered magic beings at that point.
>>
I got the impression that everyone DID know about the Crystal Gems but doesn't give much of a shit (except Ronaldo) or think much about it because it's a cartoon.

They're not a secret.
>>
>>78166607
Do YOU need to live right next to a farm in order to get the food that's harvested? We have this thing called 'logistics' and 'transportation' you may not have heard of it Peridot but there really are over 7 billion Human beings living on this planet.

It is my own personal head-cannon that during the gem wars Rose helped lead Human armies to use them as cannon fodder against her foes. But to keep the humans in check she gave over Gem POW's to the human soldiers.The POW's were then used for pleasure by the soldiers and the constant agony of it caused them to be corrupted. Which was then used by Rose as a fear tactic against homeworld by releasing the corrupted gem monsters against the homeworld armies to aid in destroying them.
>>
>>78167576
I would like it if every person that made a headcanon as stupid as that one would just keep it in their head and never write it down.
>>
File: 1398693321247.png (168 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
1398693321247.png
168 KB, 500x406
I miss Steven Universe, it was a nice show. Why did it have to die?
>>
STREET SHITTING SLASHER
>>
>>78167576
I was responding to a post that implied they were of the few humans around. If that were the case they would need to be mostly if not completely self sufficient.

It's like you didn't even read what I was replying to because you just wanted to get mad.
>>
>>78151700
that's not necesary true, we only see the steven's point of view. This world can be the most darness and painfull word like westeros, but steven only see the happy stuff
>>
>>78161181
Hard for it to be a cover up when there's gem shit everywhere
I guess people don't pay attention to gem stuff because it's been there so long nobody considers gem things weird. And the gems themselves have only three of their number left.
>>
>>78171234
The government is working pretty well and there's enough infrastructure for highways, trains, ships, etc. Plus Florida is gone.

On the other hand, apparently someone being made out of hands is considered normal enough for nobody to freak out.
>>
>>78171426
I wonder if there are gem-based diseases out there, like bioweapons they developed against the humans that make them grow crystals out of their eyeballs and it's been around for so long no doctor really is freaked out by it.
>>
>>78162132

Because troubadours never existed?
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
daily reminder that dewy is a cia agent
>>
File: of course its bowtie panties.jpg (187 KB, 1363x1358) Image search: [Google]
of course its bowtie panties.jpg
187 KB, 1363x1358
>>78171537
He's already a government official, why would he report to the CIA
>>
>>78171550

>alien ruins everywhere
>alien creatures running around fucking shit up in the local town

yeah that totally won't catch the attention of KGB, CIA or MI6
>>
>>78171584
It wouldn't because that's how it's been since the dawn of civillization. You don't call the CIA when there's a mountain lion running around.
>>
>>78171601
>implying that weird alien stuff happens in other places aside beach city

also the gems seemed really reclusive before murdercock showed up
>>
>>78171537

>dewy meets up with garnet
"if you unfuse will you die ?"
>>
File: 1436904038478.png (1 MB, 1280x1459) Image search: [Google]
1436904038478.png
1 MB, 1280x1459
>>78151700
>Why is it that the mayor hasn't reported anything to the government about them?
The government already knows and has always known. The Gems aren't a secret.

>Why aren't they treated as outcast like mutants?
They saved the world a couple of times. And they're watched quietly by the government, who know fucking with the Gems will ruin their shit in a hurry so they leave them be.

>And why is it that everyone on this show is soo nice that its fake?
Because you come from a broken home and thus have little to no human empathy and therefore cannot understand us non-skinwalkers.

>(Huge fan of the show BTW)
As am I, friend.
>>
>>78171634
>implying that weird alien stuff happens in other places aside beach city

Yes actually. We see gem stuff all over the world
>>
>>78171550
I don't get it, where's steven's underwear
>>
Look at the silly shit I can draw.
>>
>>78151700
Isn't there already an SU thread going on right now?
>>
>>78171681
It would be extremely painful...
...Emotionally.
>>
I want to get Ronaldo drunk and grope him!!
>>
File: 1443469424869.jpg (140 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1443469424869.jpg
140 KB, 800x600
>>78171861
God, /co/ is going to blow the fuck up when the hiatus is over.
>>
>>78172618
I really don't think he swings that w-
Oh wait.
Rebecca Sugar.
Nevermind.
>>
>>78161598
I guess some people convienently forgot that Beach City's state name is Delmarva, or that Greg explicitly stated they were headed to Empire City next, which is obviously New York.
>>
>>78172659
>Beach City's state name is Delmarva
???
>>
Does anyone else think my headcanon of Opal being a Rush fan is weird? I heard Time Stand Still, and now I keep imagining Opal singing with Geddy Lee.
>>
>>78167524

Considering that 99% of Gems have been gone for hundreds of years, the current general populace has most likely never seen a live Gem. A giant hand in the sky should have got the world worrying.
>>
>>78172484
That's pretty damn good.
>>
>>78162790
but that doesn't follow, when the entire town, and all human tech IS just taken from ours
>>
>>78172633
>aren't you a boy?
>No, I'm an alien, this is an alien vagina. It goes in your ass.
>contact!
>>
>>78151700
The CG probably helped win the American Revolution, so it is in the Constitution that nobody can fuck with them.
>>
>>78173293
No I'm saying you're a guy who wants to grope a small boy and I don't think Ronaldo is gay, but, since this is Sugar we're talking that he probably is.
>>
>>78173332
I...what?

I was just making a greentext for someone fucking him despite him not thinking he's gay. How you end up being the confusing one here is beyond me.
>>
>>78173330
Rose looks really fucking weird
And its not just her hair obscuring part of her body, its that her neck is that close to her really short arm
>>
>>78173330
>Crystal Gems participating In human wars
>>
>>78173386

Didn't humans fight in the Gem's war as well?
>>
File: Welcome to the New World.jpg (535 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to the New World.jpg
535 KB, 1280x960
>>78173386
It was a one-time thing to get eternal concessions from the newly freed colonies.

Also, Beach City was founded after the Revolutionary War is supposed to have happened, so SU's timeline is fucked.
>>
>>78171861
On the floor, you can see it.
>>
>>78172924
Greg probably loves Rush if anyone in the cast does.
>>
File: Watsonandtheshark-original.jpg (78 KB, 756x599) Image search: [Google]
Watsonandtheshark-original.jpg
78 KB, 756x599
>>78173330
>>78173425

That picture has nothing to do with the Revolutionary War. It's a reference to this painting.
>>
>>78173447
Greg is one of the main reasons I think classic rock people should be on the show once in awhile. Brian May from Queen is such a goddamn perfect fit (doctorate in astrophysics, is quite literally a wizard with his guitar, and put the words "Fat-Bottomed Girls" in Freddie's mouth) that I'm really sad that they haven't done an episode with him, something like inviting Pearl to do a lecture about SPAAACE at the Imperial College in London, or even just teaching Steven about it, all while Greg is fangirling in the background.
>>
>>78173487
That painting was done in 1778, which establishes that the CG were active among humans during the Revolutionary War, unless SU's timeline put the painting or war at different times.
>>
>>
This isn't society as you know it. Gems and magic are a commonly accepted thing. Ronaldo kinda makes a point of that, he is hunting the paranormal but doesn't really care about the gems because they're normal to him. There is no "headcanon" to it, this just isn't the america you know. They have different states and cities, different shaped landmass, they have gem ruins all over the place, magical disasters, a history that involves an alien war.
>>
>>78173693
Oh. That is sad.
>>
>>78151718
I'd pork her aswell:^)
>>
>>78173693
>>78173731
Extrapolate for my emotionally stunted ass.
>>
File: weeaboo shit.png (924 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo shit.png
924 KB, 1920x1080
>>78156983
>>
>>78173882
SU is shit, that is sad and makes everyone cry.
>>
>>78173926
it all makes sense now.
>>
File: amedot.jpg (95 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
amedot.jpg
95 KB, 720x720
Who gives a shit. Amedot is hot. Jeeez /co/.
>>
>>78174002
Purple and green almost-midget love? I can dig it.
>>
>>78173614
>That painting was done in 1778
By a loyalist.
>>
File: nerdz.png (329 KB, 1000x742) Image search: [Google]
nerdz.png
329 KB, 1000x742
>>78174025

Yup.
>>
File: 1443153229842.jpg (220 KB, 1280x1474) Image search: [Google]
1443153229842.jpg
220 KB, 1280x1474
Best girl
>>
>>78173882
Steven's using his room to see Connie, post Connie dying
>>
>>78174059
so what's the deal with her hair, i still don't get it
>>
When is the next episode?
>>
File: CVzNY2r.png (319 KB, 1000x1063) Image search: [Google]
CVzNY2r.png
319 KB, 1000x1063
>>78174059
Best ship.
>>
File: are they doing it RIGHT NOW.gif (107 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
are they doing it RIGHT NOW.gif
107 KB, 540x304
>>78174002
>>78174050

Thanks, doc.
>>
File: 6f70Tfo.png (279 KB, 1280x797) Image search: [Google]
6f70Tfo.png
279 KB, 1280x797
>>78174137
To cement this idea.
>>
>>78174059
>>78174137
Indeed!
>>
>>78174116
She's graying in front.

>>78174137
Hideous drawing of Dr. Maheswaran aside, you're good people.
>>
>>78174117
Hopefully never.
>>
>>78174197
Yeah, I can't seem to find too much of these two with the both of them drawn well.
>>
>>78174247
Shame really. I guess it's because they don't have much interaction. Mom/mom is top-tier shit.
>>
File: Pearl45.png (621 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
Pearl45.png
621 KB, 1364x768
>>78174117
>>
File: uh_oh.gif (918 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
uh_oh.gif
918 KB, 320x180
>>78154323
>Diamond is obvious, Diamond Authority
>Might be upside-down because it relates to the bottom diamond of the 4, Pink Diamond? That's a stretch

>Also pictured is a fragmented snake
>Multiple related parts making one entity
>Like the Cluster
>Related to Diamond Authority
>Steven's homemade Cluster was a snake puppet
>Before becoming aware of rock people, Ronaldo theorized about snake people
>yfw the Cluster was sneeple the whole time
>>
File: tumblr_nuhw0kWdZ61r19svmo1_1280.png (308 KB, 903x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuhw0kWdZ61r19svmo1_1280.png
308 KB, 903x1000
>>78174266
Mhmm. It's one reason why I ship Ivy x Sophitia from Soul Calibur so much (Ivy was actually supposed to be something of an alternate matron for Patroklos and Pyrrha in V, as well as some of the other younger characters).

I like to imagine Priyanka being okay with Pearl teaching Connie how to fight only as long as Priyanka gets to teach Pearl about medicine and human biology. They're organic beings, they don't respawn like video game characters, fer Chrissake.
>>
>>78152412
Connie and her family doesn't live in beach city. They seem to live in a rather thriving town, and Connie's mom works a supposedly busy hospital. Plus, cell phones work, and let's not forget keystone hotel.
>>
File: tumblr_nyn9my4fU01teyz8oo1_1280.png (471 KB, 845x766) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyn9my4fU01teyz8oo1_1280.png
471 KB, 845x766
Jaspermom is bestmom
>>
>>78174358
The rattlesnake is an old-school American symbol. In particular it's a reference to the famous Ben Franklin political cartoon Join, or Die.
>>
File: stevieodt.png (146 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
stevieodt.png
146 KB, 500x493
>>78174143
>>78174050
>>78174025
>Posting more Rock lesbians

I hope you all burn in the eternal flames of heck
>>
>>78174375
I imagine Priyanka and Pearl being those moms who constantly try to one up each other in their child's accomplishments.
>>
>>78174450
Kinda hard to one-up Steven being a hybrid space prince who routinely saves the world and is probably going to unite two races.
>>
>>78171634
Isn't that literally the point of the warp stones? That they do happen in other places?
>>
>>78174505
But can he play tennis?
>>
>>78174527
He's probably too strong for tennis
>>
>>78174505
>probably going to unite two races.
That seems a bit much considering that Gems have to "die" for crossbreeding.
>>
File: 1445015874719.jpg (58 KB, 540x658) Image search: [Google]
1445015874719.jpg
58 KB, 540x658
>>78174407
Shit taste aside, good pic.
>>
>>78174425
Are we sure it's a rattlesnake though? Just looks like a generic snake to me
>>
>>78174407
>>
File: a20151215.jpg (150 KB, 671x1000) Image search: [Google]
a20151215.jpg
150 KB, 671x1000
>>78151700
But the Gems look like normal people...
>>
>>78174551
>>
File: tumblr_nyxww9cTkR1teyz8oo1_1280.png (344 KB, 854x1060) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyxww9cTkR1teyz8oo1_1280.png
344 KB, 854x1060
>>78174542
the only shit taste here is you eating my ass
>>
>>78174550
I'm not saying that it is a rattlesnake, just that snakes are an old symbol of America. The political cartoon it's referencing isn't a rattlesnake either.

>>78174531
That's just a polite way to say loser.
>>
File: nudge nudge.gif (39 KB, 639x483) Image search: [Google]
nudge nudge.gif
39 KB, 639x483
>>78174536
who said anything about steven crossbreeding with a gem?
>>
>>78174432
You're gonna have to get over there not being any straight Gems like the rest of the world has to get over Pluto being labeled as a dwarf planet.
>>
File: Pearl10.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Pearl10.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>78174571
No one. You talked about united two races, which I assumed to be humans and gems, which would be perilous for the gems.
>>
File: tumblr_nz6mw7h9su1s5xdg6o4_400.jpg (32 KB, 356x422) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz6mw7h9su1s5xdg6o4_400.jpg
32 KB, 356x422
Anybody think Gara was serious about that SU comic?
>>
File: 1443718129731.png (309 KB, 1035x888) Image search: [Google]
1443718129731.png
309 KB, 1035x888
>>78174562
Oh be quiet, Peanut.
You're just a little mad that the Vegeta of the show hasn't stuck around yet.
>>
>>78174617
>Jasper
>Vegeta of the show
I'd gotten the feeling that Jasper's something of a blend between Raditz and Nappa, actually. Lapis is almost definitely Raditz, though.
>>
File: 1445197067608.jpg (260 KB, 600x717) Image search: [Google]
1445197067608.jpg
260 KB, 600x717
>>78174617
no no no no no.
You see, you're at a misunderstanding
There's plenty of room for both of us here
There's just no need to be jerks
>>
I need art of Sardonyx. I'm in love.
>>
File: 1445548118139.jpg (99 KB, 750x1065) Image search: [Google]
1445548118139.jpg
99 KB, 750x1065
>>78174664
i have jasper.

She's large like sardonyx!
>>
>>78174671
But Jasper isn't Sardonyx. But Jasper is cool too.
>>
I recently caught up with this show and holy shit it's been on hiatus for over two months? This is shit, I want more.
>>
>>78174664
Sardopal is best fusion ship.
>>
>>78174664
Other Sardonyx stuff. Yes, I draw it all myself.
>>
>>78171770
>Because you come from a broken home and thus have little to no human empathy and therefore cannot understand us non-skinwalkers

No but isn't it strange like during one of the episodes where Steven hangs with the cool kids and in the end they weren't jerks and sided with steven , or the episode where they try to create another ending and also at the end that evil Connie was trying to help steven.
Like everyone in this show and eventually all the homework gems will good
>>
>>78151700
Because that idea has been done to fucking death in media. It's nice to see magic shit that isn't treated as grimdurr.
Besides, the history friction episode showed that they were their for a long fucking time anon, long before mayor was even born.
>>
>>78174033
When somebody saves you from a shark, you insist that they be in the painting of the event.
>>
File: BEST MOM.png (154 KB, 950x560) Image search: [Google]
BEST MOM.png
154 KB, 950x560
>>78174407
>>
>>78174886
Why would the cool kids be jerks, except for that episode with the Tshirt with Steven's drawing on it? They were just intimidating to Lars.
>>
>>78174886
>No but isn't it strange like during one of the episodes where Steven hangs with the cool kids and in the end they weren't jerks and sided with steven
It wasn't strange at all.

>or the episode where they try to create another ending and also at the end that evil Connie was trying to help steven.
She wasn't evil in the first place?
>>
>>78158259
The Pizzas only very recently moved into town though.
IIRC it was stated that the Taco place used to be where the Pizzas have their shop now.
>>
File: slayer.png (48 KB, 390x480) Image search: [Google]
slayer.png
48 KB, 390x480
A-are we back?
>>
>>78173838
>Nose
>Egg-shaped head
>Skinny
>Flat
Perfect cosplay.
>>
>>78151700
And how is it that these selfish, callous fuckheads have lived on this planet for over thousands of years and yet never developed any sense of civic responsibility (or even just plain basic liability)?

>Hey, while you guys were out fighting those monsters, you accidentally wrecked some of our local businesses/killed the power grid. Could you maybe spare a few minutes and use your near god-like powers and immense intellect/technical expertise and help us out with the repairs?

DUUUH NOPE SILLY HOOMANS YUR ON YUR OWN
>>
>>78175563
No.

>>78175704
Remember how Pearl talked about hunting and gathering? Yeah.
>>
File: 1444491335080.png (665 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
1444491335080.png
665 KB, 1280x716
>>78174617
The only thing wrong with this pic is that tjier still fully clothed.
>>
>>78175725
>Tee-hee! Our gross irresponsibility almost caused a city-wide riot! Those silly humans could have seriously hurt themselves if it weren't for Steven and his uncanny ability to sympathize and interact with these primitive brutes!
>>
>>78175704
To be honest, they had more important matters to attend to at the time, like preparing for the impending Homeworld invasion.
>>
File: 1448406423669.gif (901 KB, 436x284) Image search: [Google]
1448406423669.gif
901 KB, 436x284
So gems aren't "magic" right?
Steven always says it's magic but that's because he's too young too know about gems and gem tech right?
>>
File: Garnet.jpg (226 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
Garnet.jpg
226 KB, 1600x800
>>78175869
Pearl was going to fix the blackout, but Garnet overruled her.
>>
>>78175933
You're honestly telling me they couldn't spare, like, an hour or two (if it would even take them THAT long) to get the grid up and running, even if it was just to give these poor people so some sense of security/peace of mind before the real threat arrived?

Or what about the time they fucked up the storefront of that one family's pizzeria? You know, the one thing that is financially supporting them? Did those Crystal Pricks offer to repair any of the damage they caused (and in a timely fashion so as to ensure they would lose as little business as possible)? Nope!

>>78176095
>NO WE WONT

That's not fucking good enough.
>>
File: tumblr_nmkglph5qi1qg8i4wo1_400.png (72 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmkglph5qi1qg8i4wo1_400.png
72 KB, 400x225
>>78175533
Fish stew pizza was in story for steven
>>
>>78151700
Mayor Dewey mentions a "cover up" before having Ronaldo removed from his office and someone has Ronaldo's documentary on gems pulled from his blog.

Ronaldo speculates that local authorities are trying to keep the gem's profile low as to not mess with Beach City's tourism based business.
>>
This show is really inconsistent when it comes to drawing feet.
>>
File: Pearl57.png (955 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pearl57.png
955 KB, 1920x1080
>>78176221
Despite the number of Lapisfags who like her feet in fanart, I think Pearl's feet have been drawn well.
>>
File: 1434602816599.gif (171 KB, 558x400) Image search: [Google]
1434602816599.gif
171 KB, 558x400
>>78176238
>>
I keep seeing posts about a new episode being out. Is it fake?
>>
>>78174716
Yep, and we still have a month to go (although the Crewniverse has implied we're getting another Bomb soon).
>>
>>78176453
Bomb = Less Episodes to Watch and the season will be too short
>>
>>78174574
A gem can like other gems and like humans (or one human) you pan-erasing shitlord.
>>
>>78175704
They knocked out the power to Beach City.

People probably died.
>>
>>78175704
>>78175869
>>78176144
Why would you care about the dayflys around your house while you are busy preparing for your mother-in-law to show up
>>
>>78176919
Dayflies don't knock at your door with grievances
>>
File: Get in there.gif (175 KB, 254x254) Image search: [Google]
Get in there.gif
175 KB, 254x254
>>78175176
>at the school dance with Connie
>Jasper is doing this
>>
File: too many toppings.png (280 KB, 651x802) Image search: [Google]
too many toppings.png
280 KB, 651x802
When is Kiki getting her episode?
>>
I want to teach Lapis how to balance a checkbook!
>>
File: 1444109957236.png (943 KB, 3008x2488) Image search: [Google]
1444109957236.png
943 KB, 3008x2488
>>78177542
>Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service
>>
>>78175704
What really bothers me is that Gems don't even try to explain Gem tech to the Humans. They claim to want the best for them (or at least Rose did), yet they have seemenly no interest in teaching them how to have some self defense in case the three gems that are lsft died and the Homeworld comes back. Not even with the handship, they buried the fucking thing.
>>
File: pooh.png (290 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
pooh.png
290 KB, 720x400
>>78166340
>he is clearly a parody of the typical 4chan poster
How often do you leave your room?
>>
File: he swung the bat.jpg (454 KB, 1156x1306) Image search: [Google]
he swung the bat.jpg
454 KB, 1156x1306
>>78177704
Humans won't be able to comprehend gem tech and if the gems die, the earth is already dead, so what's the point?
>>
>>78176066
"Magic" doesn't have a hard definition. Technology can be magic.
>>
>>78175704
>>78175869
You sound like someone who is suing a fireman because he had to break your door with an axe to rescue you.
>>
>>78177704
The Gems seem to miss the point of Rose's beliefs in their attempt to iphold them.
>>
>>78177834
wtf is going on in this comic?
>>
File: vtan.jpg (38 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
vtan.jpg
38 KB, 604x483
>>78177510
I now need an Jasper edit of this.
>>
>>78178103
Rose was living on the Earth for thousands of years just like the rest of the CG, but she didn't start handing out Gem tech. Most likely, she didn't want to hand out weapons that would be used to make humans better at killing each other.
>>
>>78177704
Humans will sooner wipe themselves out with gem tech than stand a snowball in hell's chance of defending against Homeworld should they be serious.
>>
>>78174358
It's upside down as a parody of the pyramid on the regular american dollar.
>>
>>78166340
It's not intentional.

Conspiracy retards and people using scape goats are nothing new.
>>
>>78177704
Doing so would make humanity dependenton gem tech. I'd rather humans advance on their own, rather than having to take handouts because they're too dumb to figure shit out themselves.

Not to mention whatever measly scraps the CG have left is thousands of years out of date compared to what Homeworld has, and would do jack fucking shit.
>>
>>78177838
It's because I play too much D&D, but if you were to translate the stuff the Gems do into D&D, it would all actually be psionics.
>>
>>78178376

>"Tanzanite!"
>"Yes, ma'am?"
>"Those humans. What are they doing?"
>"They appear to be forming a defensive line using salvaged Gem tech... though it appears to be several thousand years out of date."
>"What are they?"
>"Our scans would indicate that they are breast pumps, ma'am. Augmented into crude projectile weapons of some sort."
>"...this fucking planet."
>>
>>78178113
Reference to FLCL
>>
File: Untitled.png (568 KB, 5400x2264) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
568 KB, 5400x2264
>>78174358
>There's actually a triforce hidden in the diamond.
>The top triangle is larger than the others
>The top triangle is the triforce of power
>The diamond authority is actually Ganon
>>
>>78178550
oh!
>>
>>78176629
Oh, of course they can. It's not like any of them would though, not after what's happened with Rose.
>>
File: 1435222652855.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435222652855.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>78174886
>the cool kids
They're cool for a reason faggot. They're chill as fuck and have no reason to be mean to a ball of positive wonder like Steven.

>that evil Connie was trying to help steven.
I still think that's because Cloud Connie was some remnant of Rose's will in the room, similar to the pink floating whale from the end of the first Rose's Room episode.
She wanted Steven to learn a lesson and stop lying to his friend, so she pinned him down and insisted he tell the truth, then went "That's better" and left afterwards.
It was pretty motherly (minus the pinning. normally that's just grabbing by the ear/arm)
>>
>>78176629
And just so you know, I'm pan myself, so.
>>
File: 1448648095465.jpg (133 KB, 494x580) Image search: [Google]
1448648095465.jpg
133 KB, 494x580
>>78173838

>her

Ooooooh boy.
>>
File: 1436809554530.png (714 KB, 623x780) Image search: [Google]
1436809554530.png
714 KB, 623x780
>>78178702
I thought Cloud Connie was HOT.
>>
>>78177789
dont be thick,people on the live threads were agreeing that he was exactly that
>>
File: 1441927231546.jpg (69 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
1441927231546.jpg
69 KB, 1280x718
>>78178750
Hopefully Connie will get there eventually.

All that art of cloud connie x connie and/or steven is of Rose using the body of Steven's crush while violating steven's crush. this is some kind of fusion fetish.
>>
>>78178156
>Well most gems your age are practicing abstinence

>BUT MOST GEMS ARE DATING CONNIE-FLIPPIN'-MAHESWARAN

The best part of all of this would be Jasper on a recliner with a pipe.
>>
>>78178690
Rose is the one who made herself a womb and decided rather than shit out Greg clone babies, she just had to have half-gem abomination at the cost of her own existence. Rose had been fucking humans for centuries. It's a safe practice.

Course, only gems who even know Rose's story are the Crystal Gems.

>>78178714
>so
what? So what? What was the point of this post?
>>
>>78178870
>what was the point of this post

To bait you into an argument about gender politics to get the thread deleted, that's what.
>>
File: Connie kickers.jpg (32 KB, 500x612) Image search: [Google]
Connie kickers.jpg
32 KB, 500x612
>>78178845
Ooh yeah
>>
>>78178870
Steven knows (for the most part) what happened to his mother, so I'm pretty sure he'd be leery about getting down and dirty with any Gems himself, especially since he's unaware of how it all... works down there, or at least I would assume so.

And the mention of me being pan was to point out that no, I'm not against pansexuality, I'm against (for the most part) Gems being into dicks.
>>
>>78179138
>against Gems being into dicks

Literally fucking tumblr.

LITERALLY

Holy shit.

I try so hard to defend these threads but then you show up.

Sweet fucking christ.
>>
File: it would not be hard at all.png (533 KB, 900x800) Image search: [Google]
it would not be hard at all.png
533 KB, 900x800
>Magician mom will never return
>>
File: 32534525767.jpg (47 KB, 457x720) Image search: [Google]
32534525767.jpg
47 KB, 457x720
>>78179138
>a sexless species that is made of projected hardlight around a gem-like information core must like only vaginas because dicks are gross and you're a shitlord if you disagree with me
>>
File: tumblr_nxelzwif8q1ul6p7vo1_500.png (114 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxelzwif8q1ul6p7vo1_500.png
114 KB, 500x282
>>78179167
I can't seem to find a picture of Pearl doing a trollface, so have this instead.
>>
>>78179385
It feels weird, being the one being baited instead of the one going "stop being baited!". I don't like this feeling.
>>
>>78151700
Hellboy effect, everyone already know of the gems. They may know what they do and how they save the world a few times but they do know that the gems are good people.
Or they don't know the gems are gems and they go about their day

Also The US is still there but Florida got BTFO and because of reasons they don't give a shit about the gems and let them do whatever they want.
>>
>>78179398
There's a first time for everything, mang. I'll cut out the crap now.
>>
>>78179138
>>78179385

Quality, quality bait amigo
>>
>>78179282
Maybe, maybe not.

I hope so.

The main issue is how the Gems perceive the passage of time, and therefore how long it takes Garnet to get over it. With how long they've been around, the twelve-year difference between Rose's 'death' and the current day for Pearl is probably like getting called in the morning and told that her wife just died, and it's still the early afternoon of that day.

If we're lucky, Garnet will be able to 'meh' it off, although I'm pretty sure that she'll be more than ready to do it out of necessity, regardless of her feelings.
>>
>>78179581
>If we're lucky, Garnet will be able to 'meh' it off, although I'm pretty sure that she'll be more than ready to do it out of necessity, regardless of her feelings.

I'm certain she'll hold onto it, but won't let it get in the way of what she has to do. Remember, Garnet only gives a fuck about fusion when it pertains to her or when she can otherwise influence it.

She fused with Amethyst out of anger without taking Amy's feelings into consideration, was really blase about Jasper and Lapis forming a rape-monster that boils the seas with her hate, and humiliated Peridot by tying her to a post with a dog harness for daring to be uncomfortable around an eight-foot-tall war machine.
>>
>>78171267
Well, but all that "gem shit" doesn't seem to be near to any inhabited centre...
>>
>>78178113
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8FvM8H_0-k
>>
>>78180385
I fucking love FLCL. I still have a big ol' soft spot for its music, and it's weirdly told message about the difficulties of growing up a younger brother.
>>
>>78180522
It weirdly told messages about growing up as a young boy in general.
It's basically a coming of age story on crack.
>Sexuality
>Independance
>Violence
>Family
>etc.

I actually kind of think the same thing goes for Kill la Kill, only it's more of coming of age for a girl.
>>
>>78179840
Well you're right. This is exactly the flaw of Garnet. Every CG has one and hers is to take things way to personel about her relationship. Sometimes so much that she ignores everyones elses feelings
>>
>>78179840
True. It seemed like the only real beef she had with Malachite was that all of Beach City was about to get rekt if they weren't able to stop her.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 138

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.