[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you ever take your OTP seriously /co/? how do you feel when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: shipping.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
shipping.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
have you ever take your OTP seriously /co/?
how do you feel when your OTP got confirmed or got blown out into headcanon bits?
>>
Shipping is a fetish.
>>
>>78151411
>have you ever take your OTP seriously /co/?
>/co/
>comics&cartoons
>taking comics and cartoons seriously
>taking relationships of cartoon characters seriously
>>
I ship OP with a bundle of twigs
>>
>>78151411
Seems pretty stupid to get invested in imaginary relationships for fictional characters.
At least when Hollywood does it they're actually together.
>>
I see that kind of shit, and fandoms in general, as something completely, utterly absurd and pitiful. I don't have the time OR the inclination to obsess about the sexual lives of fictional characters. It really is something you would only expect of people who have lost control of their own lives and who are not in a place mentally where they are able to apply any kind of perspective to their actions.
>>
>>78151411
I never knew those feelings.
>>
The reason why shipping is so big in female based communities is that women are more romantically inclined than sexually inclined. The major female equivalent, not saying there aren't exceptions, of having a waifu is having a ship. While guys on /co/ fantasize about having sex with their waifu women are fantasizing about their ship having sex with each other.
>>
>>
File: shipper.jpg (77 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
shipper.jpg
77 KB, 736x552
which one is you?
>>
>>78151411
Not sure if this counts but it pisses me off that they killed Tidus in that expanded FFX crap.
>>
>>78151606
Orgy shipper. I have too many ships.
>>
>>78151606
Mix of Regular and Optimistic, I guess.
>>
These women need to get a life.
>>
>>78151606
Orgy, definitely.
>>
File: korra-tear.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
korra-tear.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>78151411

as long as the way they're writing it is reasonable....I don't really care.

I mean i used to ship Korrasami but that was because i never thought it'd happen.

at first i was happy but now i think this victory was just hollow.
>>
When it comes to /co/ stuff I know that all of the couples I like are never going to happen and have accepted it. With /a/ stuff and the occasional live action about half of my OTPs work out, so I'm able to get more invested.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x465
I laughed.
>>
BASED
OTP
>>
>>78151606
Depending on the series/characters involved, I'm either multi, orgy, or sobbing
>>
>>78151411
If you take shipping seriously at all then you have a problem.
>>
>>78151606
Sobbing with Marvel. Optimistic with everything else.
>>
>>78151606
Mix of orgy, multi and optimistic

I have MUH OTPs but other stuff is fun in the meantime
>>
File: Explain.jpg (12 KB, 317x357) Image search: [Google]
Explain.jpg
12 KB, 317x357
>>78152258
Pretty much this.
>>78151849
>Find something online or even official with your OTP
>They're written completely out of character
>>
>>78151411
>how do you feel when your OTP got confirmed or got blown out into headcanon bits?

I can only imagine the sheer hurricane of hate that will result when the writers quit stringing fans along and kill off Bubbline for good.
>>
>>78152297
well, I remember the last time AT fandom freaked out was after Frost and Fire
>>
>>78151411
>have you ever take your OTP seriously /co/?

No, because that's dumb. If I like a pairing then I'll just like it in terms of my personal feelings and leave it at that, a personal thing. I don't try to make others see it as a real thing that can happen in-universe and don't get emotional when it doesn't happen.
>>
>>78151606
Warrior Shipper
In my defense that was one time and Palmiotti totally deserved it, he just keep baiting and baiting with my OTP it's not fair
>>
>>78151849
I hate Korrasami with a passion. I used to not care, it was just fetish stuff and kinda hot. For me it ruined LoK, not because of the subject but because it proved to me that Bryke are fucking awfull.

I used to be able to blame LoKs shortcomings on Nick and censors, but after Korrasami happened it just showed that when Bryke gets what they want it's just bad. So all the bad shit in the show seems to me to be because of Bryke and their bad ideas. Worst of all, bryke would have gone further if they weren't held back at the ending, which just further proves the point.
>>
>>78152784
That's understandable.
>>
>>78153045
Thank you anon
>>
My OTP is Phobos/Cedric from WITCH and they were so obviously gay that they introduced a girl love interest for Cedric just to make him less gay.

Spock/Kirk comes a close second, but I know that it's never going to go further than ship teasing (and the reboot ruined the fandom, anyway).
>>
File: 0.jpg (355 KB, 714x627) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
355 KB, 714x627
Felt fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1441776131325.png (604 KB, 475x679) Image search: [Google]
1441776131325.png
604 KB, 475x679
>>78153168
I wish I could understand that feel
>>
>>78151411
boop
>>
Only gays care about shipping.
>>
>>78151490
Relax, dude.
>>
>>78153331
Don't worry, anon. I come from /u/ so I know your pain. We'll all have our miracles come true one day.
>>
File: fucking finally.png (910 KB, 1352x643) Image search: [Google]
fucking finally.png
910 KB, 1352x643
>>
>>78153654
Did he really do it?
>>
>>78153685
>>
>>78153780
Man, I guess even he got tired of it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.